PDA

View Full Version : Revolver with Jason Statham spoilerfree

bane
10-31-2005, 07:32 PM
Just saw the New Guy Richie (Snatch, Lock,Stock..) movie starring Jason Statham (Transporter , Italian job ) and Ray Liotta (Goodfellas )

It's indeed a spoilerfree review because... There's nothing to spoil !!
While watching the movie you have doubts that instead of Guy Richie they hired David Lynch ( Twin Peaks, Mulholland drive ) to direct this flick.
I saw the film with three friends and we all had different guesses on what just happened in this storyline.
Lots of twists and turns and just when you think it makes sense something else happens until the moment comes that the end credits role and you're wondering if you're the only idiot not getting it!! ( other reviews on the net tell the same so it's not just me.. I looked it up in case I missed something )

Some people will be able to appreciate it but for me it was more a waste of time ,Guy Richie's former projects ( Snatch, Lock ,stock and two smocking barrels ) I'm sorry to say ,can not be compared to this one.

I'll leave the review small before it gets as confusing as the movie. :laugh:

Bottom line ; if you like a movie to have an open ending and that leaves space for own interpretation go see "Revolver" (Title has nothing solid to do with the movie) , If you expect a Raw sneaky Bastard film in the style of Snatch or Lock, Stock.. go to your lokal Blockbusters and rent them again.

MiamiLoco
11-01-2005, 02:01 AM
I saw this movie too and I agree with you on some points. I was expecting something like "Snatch" or "Lock, Stock.." but I got something else. Is it bad that I didn't get what I expected? I don't know. Is it good that a director is trying to do more than just good action/twist movies?!! All I know is that by the time the movie ended, I was totally confused, but I didn't quite hate it.

bane
11-01-2005, 07:37 AM
I saw this movie too and I agree with you on some points. I was expecting something like "Snatch" or "Lock, Stock.." but I got something else. Is it bad that I didn't get what I expected? I don't know. Is it good that a director is trying to do more than just good action/twist movies?!! All I know is that by the time the movie ended, I was totally confused, but I didn't quite hate it.

I was looking forward to this one just because I enjoyed the other two movies , maybe that's why I got so dissapointed.
But Hate is a big word , I enjoyed the cast's performance but am not the type that likes to be confused after a movie.

MiamiLoco
11-01-2005, 09:31 PM
Well one thing I did HATE were all those shots of Ray Liotta in his briefs or that shot of his bare a$$. What has Madonna done to Guy Richie?!!! LOL