PDA

View Full Version : M.r. At-at

BOSCO
11-16-2005, 03:23 PM
This went for a good price.http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8714354516&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEDW%3AIT&rd=1#ebayphotohosting. :buttrock:

Bullseye
11-16-2005, 03:34 PM
That seems like a good price.

Wooktroop
11-16-2005, 04:09 PM
that was on my watch list

Ish
11-16-2005, 04:19 PM
did'ne the base have snow and a plaque?

Zurbaran1
11-16-2005, 04:21 PM

Yes, the new signature edition AT-AT has the plaque and snowbase. It also has all 4 feet firmly planted on the ground and retails for $1399. What you are looking at is the original AT-AT released.

cap70
11-16-2005, 04:22 PM

This is the first one

Bullseye
11-16-2005, 06:38 PM
Was there a difference in price between the two?

lello999
11-16-2005, 06:44 PM
Was there a difference in price between the two?

Yes there was, I think the first one was sold for about 1250 bucks and the second one is a little bit more about 1400. But You can get both for less on ebay

Domenik

Bullseye
11-16-2005, 06:48 PM
Yes there was, I think the first one was sold for about 1250 bucks and the second one is a little bit more about 1400. But You can get both for less on ebay

Domenik

Cheers Domenik. Its a cool looking piece but i gotta call a halt somewhere. :)

Ish
11-16-2005, 06:50 PM
Yes, the new signature edition AT-AT has the plaque and snowbase. It also has all 4 feet firmly planted on the ground and retails for $1399. What you are looking at is the original AT-AT released.
thx daddy.

Zurbaran1
11-16-2005, 06:50 PM
Cheers Domenik. Its a cool looking piece but i gotta call a halt somewhere. :)

In addition to being pricey it is also quite big and heavy. But man is it a nice looking iconic Star Wars piece. Very impressive.

cap70
11-16-2005, 06:58 PM
In addition to being pricey it is also quite big and heavy. But man is it a nice looking iconic Star Wars piece. Very impressive.

Yup, it's an AWESOME piece. No doubt one of my faves!

darthrobbler
11-21-2005, 01:26 AM
I need to get this. I hate the base on the first one but that base on the second one rocks!!

Grievous
11-21-2005, 03:27 AM
These will not retain their value as they were priced too high. Too bad for those who purchased them direct.

Wooktroop
11-21-2005, 11:07 AM
These will not retain their value as they were priced too high. Too bad for those who purchased them direct.

yeah im holding out for a $500 one. i mean crap these things are made of thin plastic. MR is the master of the price gouge

Zurbaran1
11-21-2005, 11:38 AM
yeah im holding out for a $500 one. i mean crap these things are made of thin plastic. MR is the master of the price gouge

I have to disagree with you. The Signature series AT-AT is not cheap in any respect. It is a huge, impressive piece. It weighs a ton and clearly is not made from thin plastc.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b396/Zurbaran1/atat1.jpg

BOSCO
11-21-2005, 04:34 PM
I have to say this version ^ looks much better than the original release :buttrock: :buttrock: Awesome piece.

Mike
11-21-2005, 07:45 PM
I think this is the best piece we've ever done.....till the Falcon that is :buttrock:

FYI it is made of resin, die cast metal and plastic where resin would be too fragile.

Grievous
11-21-2005, 08:23 PM
The signature edition Millennium Falcon will be my first and last studio scale prop. It's the only one I really want. Especially since they're getting Harrison Ford to sign the plaques. And trust me, they said no, but they really are.

Gianco
11-21-2005, 09:00 PM
I'll get this piece someday! And hopefully an Attakus AT-AT Driver! :buttrock: That would be a nice display for sure!

elwood49
11-21-2005, 09:27 PM
i mean crap these things are made of thin plastic. MR is the master of the price gouge

I agree that there is a LOT of plastic in the piece, but it's hardly thin or overpriced. Remember, the original model has more plastic than the MR one. MR's is reinforced with metal so that the weight doesn't cause the plastic to bend.

Seriously, this thing has to break down into hundreds of parts to paint/assemble. I have the signature version, and it's my favorite piece in my collection. I'll never sell it barring something catastophic. I got mine from the same person that Zurb got his from, and he cut me a nice deal.

I'm trying to cut back on my collecting with the exception of pieces like this. I want only "centerpieces" from now on. Bring on the Y-Wing and Falcon! :buttrock:

zimmermouse
11-22-2005, 01:37 PM
I don't really understand why some people gives the impression that they "hates" the first edition of the AT-AT.
In my opinion the pose is way nicer, the "new" one just stands there. without any intention to crush the snowspeeder. You can see much more of the AT-AT because of the mirror base. The paintjob is maybe a bit to dark to my opinion and the snow painted on it is spoiling the model.
This later AT-AT represents a scene from the movie, which gives this model a bit Mc Farlane (movie maniacs) kind a look, again my opinion, guys don't feel offended or anything but I have the first one and that is a very nice piece too. Believe me! :)
I definately don't dislike the later model, that one is very nice too and the signature just :buttrock: , but you know....

cap70
11-22-2005, 01:46 PM
I have to disagree with you. The Signature series AT-AT is not cheap in any respect. It is a huge, impressive piece. It weighs a ton and clearly is not made from thin plastc.

Couldn't agree more with you Zurb. I have both versions, and both are VERY well made and very worth their price range. I like both of them, but IF I had to choose only one, It would be the new Signature model. The snowspeeder, the snow base, the paint job..everything makes it looking like a "slice" of the movie. It's just so damn cool.