PDA

View Full Version : dc direct supergirl statue

jhownz
11-16-2005, 04:22 PM
went into my LCS today and noticed a few DC direct supergirl statue based on Michael Turner. I know this has been out for a while but I noticed something different on the numbering. Instead of the usual #/2500, they were numbered R#/168 / 2500. Anybody have any info why these batch could be numbered differently? Not sure what 'R' stands for..

Collection King 13
11-16-2005, 04:24 PM
Maybe Repaired?

Bullseye
11-16-2005, 04:30 PM
Possibly reject:)

nbr3bagshotrow
11-16-2005, 04:35 PM
Replaced?

jhownz
11-16-2005, 04:37 PM
could be.. I myself went to 2 of them before found one that was undamaged. It's more fragile than most statues.. I've even seen people break the base trying to put that statue in place. I didn't even bother getting it signed by Michael Turner when he was in town a con for fear I might break it. If 'R' does stand for repaired, it's the first time I've seen this on any statue.

Bullseye
11-16-2005, 04:37 PM
I'm sure if you seen it on ebay people would pay more for it. Are you thinking of buying it. Pretty cool sculpt.

bane
11-16-2005, 04:50 PM
A very fine sculpt it is, don't have one but am thinking of it.

jhownz
11-16-2005, 04:54 PM
I already have this actually. I thought it might be another version (like platinum Grace vs original) that I wasn't aware. But then again it's DC direct, they don't normally do variants on statues..

nbr3bagshotrow
11-16-2005, 05:20 PM
I've got both DC SUpergirl statues and actually prefer the Turner designed one.

speedracer
11-16-2005, 08:58 PM
It means replaced..there were a huge amount of damaged ones and to keep the integrity of the numbering when one is damaged they replace it with an extra stat..R means replaced..=)..at least thats what i think.=)

k9ziggy
11-18-2005, 12:33 AM
I forget which statue it was, but a bunch were stolen. To handle the issue, the manufacturer cast extras, and numbered the new ones with the old numbers and an "R". Like I said, this was discussed somewhere else for another statue (age is tough...the mind is the first thing to go...)

heykool69
12-26-2005, 04:08 AM
I've got one with the "R" serial number as well. The LCS sold it to me & said it was an "Artist Proof". But i'm sure he's lying his ass off. I bought it 'cuz it's rare.

Zurbaran1
12-26-2005, 04:12 AM
It means replaced..there were a huge amount of damaged ones and to keep the integrity of the numbering when one is damaged they replace it with an extra stat..R means replaced..=)..at least thats what i think.=)

I don't know about that. When a broken or damaged statue is replaced they will usually just take one of the unnumbered one they have in reserve for just this and number it the same as the damaged one and then send it out. Ultimately the remaining unnumbered pieces will become the APs. Pretty sure this is how Bowen does it. I don't think I've ever heard of a replaced piece with an R in front.

Sniper
12-26-2005, 04:48 PM
weird wonder whats up with that, could be replacement ,

Wolverine1
12-26-2005, 05:55 PM
I got one and I think I have a R as well.

Who's who
12-26-2005, 07:41 PM
R means reissue

Statues that are lost or stolen or who knows are reissues.

AP are unnumbered pieces to replace damaged.

That's according to Clay Moore when a large amount of Sterling Silver Witchblades were stolen between China and customs.

Moore replaced the ones there were stolen but has put and R in front of the #.
The ones that were stolen did not include COA.

speedracer
12-26-2005, 09:21 PM
R means reissue

Statues that are lost or stolen or who knows are reissues.

AP are unnumbered pieces to replace damaged.

That's according to Clay Moore when a large amount of Sterling Silver Witchblades were stolen between China and customs.

Moore replaced the ones there were stolen but has put and R in front of the #.
The ones that were stolen did not include COA.

That's actually what i thought because there was a number after the "R" and some of them were quite high so i really didn't think they were ap's

BillyPilgrim
01-13-2006, 04:11 PM
"R" means "really overpriced" based upon the scale when compared to other leaders in the marketplace. Great sculpt but not a lot of statue for the dinero, as is the case with a lot of the DC direct stuff.