PDA

View Full Version : so who paid $611 for a XBox 360 BOX!!!

Car50n
12-01-2005, 04:05 AM
you gotta see it to believe it. and the winner will learn to read descriptions from here on out. can u say dumba$$. now who the biggest d!@k, the guy who was obviously joking during the 360 madness, or the one who didn't read the auction and probably will give negative feedback.....oh wait, that can't happen, cuz it looks like the seller just got tossed from the 'Bay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8236595474

sith lord utinni!
12-01-2005, 05:02 AM
I tell you what, this is just starting to get downright disgusting! I can't wait 'til the xbox 360 is readily available everywhere so these pricks will stop this madness! :banghead:

Boerboel
12-01-2005, 05:06 AM
What a jagoff!

JM28Cardiff
12-01-2005, 05:31 AM
Well, I cant see the ad cos im in work, but I remember when the PS2 first came out, someone put on an ad that said something like "PS2, box with reciept" or something misleading, and when it arrived at the buyers house, it was literally just the box!

Ghost
12-01-2005, 07:19 AM
There's been a couple of those going around from time to time. Like when the silvery white PS2 came out there were a couple of auctions for the box out and ppl thought it was the actual console. Dumbasses but hey, learn to read.

thecallahan
12-01-2005, 12:43 PM
eBay will null and void the auction though when they catch wind of it.

Sniper
12-01-2005, 01:38 PM
Man Dishonest Sellers Burn Me Up!!!

DDura711
12-01-2005, 01:51 PM
Yeah but the funny part is how can they fight it.
If they paid via paypal and report it they are just gonna say "You got what you paid for, a box".
People need to read more, but god bless the stupid.

The General
12-01-2005, 02:06 PM
Why are people paying $600+ for a Xbox 360's anyway???? People are such boneheads, if you wanted it that much you should have reserved one and you would have paid normal price. Now every store gets like 10 at a time and you have to be camped out in front of the store waiting for trucks to come.

bigjohn550
12-01-2005, 03:00 PM
The thing is, this guy stated clearly in the auction that this is just a box. Not even a real XBOX box. Its one he made himself. I say the buyer is the dumbass.

risingstar
12-01-2005, 03:09 PM
That is one creative auction description... He has totally proven the point that many people do not read before they bid...

Gotta admire that kind of chutzpa... LOL

Zurbaran1
12-01-2005, 03:15 PM
Man Dishonest Sellers Burn Me Up!!!

I would hardly call this seller dishonest. How about incredibly stupid buyer. I mean the guy made ii abundantly clear that this auction was for a box and not even the real box at that:

This is the PREMIUM BUNDLE BOX only. It would include bonus accessories, if it were the actual PREMIUM XBOX 360! DOES NOT Come with 20GB Hard Drive, Console, HD Cables, Wireless Controller, Headset! In other words for those of you who do not understand, YES YOU ARE GETTING AN EMPTY BOX SO DO NOT ASK! Great for gags! DO NOT bid if you don't intend to buy! No excuses, I will not retract bids for you! You will be reported to eBay if you backout after winning the auction. I Cannot be more clear! This is not even a factory made xbox 360 box. I made it myself, just a few minutes ago. It does not contain an Xbox 360 console, just the Xbox 360 home-made box. this box is great hand made by me says XBOX right on it It doesn't look anything like the picture I included in the auction. It looks much better, in my opinion

If you read this auction and still bid thinking you are getting an XBOX 360 well you are plain and simply a fool or deluding yourself into thinking you are getting something you really want and can't find elsewhere.

I think this seller is proving a point and sending out a valuable message. READ carefully and THINK before you bid. Dishonest is someone who tries to deceive you into thinking you are buying something and then you get something else. This guy is telling you flat out, in no uncertain terms, you're getting a BOX and nothing else.

thecallahan
12-01-2005, 03:37 PM
Why are people paying $600+ for a Xbox 360's anyway???? People are such boneheads, if you wanted it that much you should have reserved one and you would have paid normal price. Now every store gets like 10 at a time and you have to be camped out in front of the store waiting for trucks to come.

This statement is a tad unfair in some regards. My friend reserved the 360 back in July and yet, he still didn't get one of these things opening day. He was one of the first to pre-order it but because the shop decided to distribute them, first come, first serve to the people who pre-ordered, he missed out.

bomen
12-01-2005, 03:41 PM
Hey! I see all'a you guys found the Auction I won!!! woohoo! I just saw it and had to go real quick, so I high-SNIPED that sucker and got the win notice later on!! I'd stay here and read all about your jealousness on this long-thread, but hey, I don't have the time, and besides, I don't like to read.

Woo! Woo! It's gonna be a 360 Christmas!! Woo! Hoo! Woo! Hoo! :D

Zurbaran1
12-01-2005, 03:43 PM
Hey! I see all'a you guys found the Auction I won!!! woohoo! I just saw it and had to go real quick, so I high-SNIPED that sucker and got the win notice later on!! I'd stay here and read all about your jealousness on this long-thread, but hey, I don't have the time, and besides, I don't like to read.

Woo! Woo! It's gonna be a 360 Christmas!! Woo! Hoo! Woo! Hoo! :D

And all this time I'm thinking it was Sniper who won it. :laugh:

wktf
12-01-2005, 03:48 PM
I would hardly call this seller dishonest. How about incredibly stupid buyer. I mean the guy made ii abundantly clear that this auction was for a box and not even the real box at that:

This is the PREMIUM BUNDLE BOX only. It would include bonus accessories, if it were the actual PREMIUM XBOX 360! DOES NOT Come with 20GB Hard Drive, Console, HD Cables, Wireless Controller, Headset! In other words for those of you who do not understand, YES YOU ARE GETTING AN EMPTY BOX SO DO NOT ASK! Great for gags! DO NOT bid if you don't intend to buy! No excuses, I will not retract bids for you! You will be reported to eBay if you backout after winning the auction. I Cannot be more clear! This is not even a factory made xbox 360 box. I made it myself, just a few minutes ago. It does not contain an Xbox 360 console, just the Xbox 360 home-made box. this box is great hand made by me says XBOX right on it It doesn't look anything like the picture I included in the auction. It looks much better, in my opinion

If you read this auction and still bid thinking you are getting an XBOX 360 well you are plain and simply a fool or deluding yourself into thinking you are getting something you really want and can't find elsewhere.

I think this seller is proving a point and sending out a valuable message. READ carefully and THINK before you bid. Dishonest is someone who tries to deceive you into thinking you are buying something and then you get something else. This guy is telling you flat out, in no uncertain terms, you're getting a BOX and nothing else.
Zurb, I totally agree. Though, I do think the seller should refund the money or else cancel it out as he clearly knew what he was doing and how buyers would react.

Zurbaran1
12-01-2005, 03:56 PM
Zurb, I totally agree. Though, I do think the seller should refund the money or else cancel it out as he clearly knew what he was doing and how buyers would react.

That would be the nice thing to do although I'd let the buyer sweat it for a few days and maybe learn a lesson. :) But legally this seller has no obligation to refund anything.

cap70
12-01-2005, 03:57 PM
I bought one today from Amazon. Retail price. Was surfing there searching for some books and decided to type "xbox 360" on the search function just in case. To my surprise, the "core" one was available. That was about 4:30am. As soon as I bought it, they sold out again. Those things always happens around that time, amazing. Be it video game systems, collectibles and most anything. Guess pay off sometimes working late night.

Zurbaran1
12-01-2005, 03:58 PM
I bought one today from Amazon. Retail price. Was surfing there searching for some books and decided to type "xbox 360" on the search function just in case. To my surprise, the "core" one was available. That was about 4:30am. As soon as I bought it, they sold out again. Those things always happens around that time, amazing. Be it video game systems, collectibles and most anything. Guess pay off sometimes working late night.

eBay it. The way to go on this one is the Premium setup.

cap70
12-01-2005, 03:59 PM
this box is great hand made by me says XBOX right on it It doesn't look anything like the picture I included in the auction. It looks much better, in my opinion

I love that line :laugh:
He trust his creation, and proudly says so!

cap70
12-01-2005, 04:01 PM
eBay it. The way to go on this one is the Premium setup.

Nah, will keep it and play some. I can buy the hard drive later, or sell it in case I ain't playing enough(not enough time)

sellin71
12-02-2005, 06:05 PM
After reading the buyers feedback, it makes more sense.
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=masterflex3oo

Wooktroop
12-02-2005, 06:10 PM
"No longer a registered user"

looks like the seller lost

Twoguns-Crowley
12-03-2005, 02:59 AM
The seller made it clear, the buyer screwed up big (dumb auction though). All this 360 hype is nuts, the games naturally cost more than the already expensive ones and people are going crazy for it, god forbid you can't play the games until after christmas sometime. I would like to get one myself but.....will wait awhile.

Fritz
12-06-2005, 06:11 PM
"No longer a registered user"

looks like the seller lost

Interestingly enough, the winning bidder is "no longer a registered user" either.

kirthew
12-06-2005, 06:42 PM
We are getting our Xbox 360 today... the girlfriend was able to pull some strings at work and get one...

Twoguns-Crowley
12-08-2005, 01:53 AM
We are getting our Xbox 360 today... the girlfriend was able to pull some strings at work and get one...
She sounds like a keeper! :buttrock:

kirthew
12-08-2005, 06:57 PM
She sounds like a keeper! :buttrock:

That is what my mom says too... perhaps I should get her that ring...

sith lord utinni!
12-09-2005, 06:58 AM
Do it, buy her that ring! :buttrock: I have been happily married for 16 months now.