PDA

View Full Version : When will Diamond ship Vader?

JR2
12-04-2005, 12:53 AM
Does anyone have any idea when the Ep. III Darth Vader bust is shipping from Diamond?

It seems as if it has shipped to just about everywhere else.

Tattoo-X
12-04-2005, 01:02 AM
This is what Diamond told me nearly 2 months ago:

The following june code has yet to ship and will be shipping on 10/2705

14842177 JUN053863 SWRS DARTH VADER MINI BUST (C: 3 & 4)

bigjohn550
12-04-2005, 02:41 AM
I got mine at Suncoast about a month ago. Diamond sure are sitting on their hands aren't they?

C. Bormann
12-04-2005, 05:57 AM
I was going to get them for my nephews for Christmas. But the LCS owner has no idea when they are comming? So, I picked up two DARTH VADER Cinamacast statues off eBay instead.

I ordered a few HARRY POTTER busts from Drod, but it doesn't appear that anyone around here has gotten them either.

spider-man
12-04-2005, 05:15 PM
I'm starting to wonder about diamond you never know when your going to get allocated on something from them.

elwood49
12-04-2005, 05:43 PM
Does anyone have any idea when the Ep. III Darth Vader bust is shipping from Diamond?

It seems as if it has shipped to just about everywhere else.

I'm pretty sure that my busts came from Diamond. A dealer that I occasionally use got his from them I believe. That was a couple of weeks ago. I've already sold both of them. I ordered these months ago when I thought I might collect a few busts, and he doesn't allow cancellations. I managed to pretty much break even by selling them, though.

This bust is actually OK in person. I thought the pics looked weak, but the helmet looks good up close, IMO.

I would think you would get yours any day now.

Ish
12-04-2005, 05:44 PM
i'm still waiting for mine. :mad:

ashley76
12-04-2005, 06:35 PM
Got confirmation from my distributor that they shipped out to me last Wed. i don't use diamond for Gentle Giant stuff though? I have been waiting a long time for vader and yoda!

The General
12-04-2005, 07:08 PM
I'm starting to wonder about diamond you never know when your going to get allocated on something from them.
I know what you mean. That pisses me off about them. Then by the time you know your allocated sometimes you have to pay through the nose on ebay.

dr.doom
12-04-2005, 09:17 PM
I'm waiting too...

bigjohn550
12-04-2005, 09:25 PM
I'm pretty sure that my busts came from Diamond. A dealer that I occasionally use got his from them I believe. That was a couple of weeks ago. I've already sold both of them. I ordered these months ago when I thought I might collect a few busts, and he doesn't allow cancellations. I managed to pretty much break even by selling them, though.

This bust is actually OK in person. I thought the pics looked weak, but the helmet looks good up close, IMO.

I would think you would get yours any day now.
This is a pretty nice bust. The only thing is is that its bigger than the first Vader bust. I don't know if the actual suit from Ep3 was bigger than the suit from the original trilogy but the bust sure is bigger.

jdonoho
12-05-2005, 03:03 PM
I believe most places have shipped, but I know Marz is still shipping Vader busts...may be 2nd or 3rd waves...not sure, but they are still shipping them. Diamond is fast on some stuff, but apparently GG ain't one of them from the way things sound.

JR2
12-06-2005, 01:23 AM
I believe most places have shipped, but I know Marz is still shipping Vader busts...may be 2nd or 3rd waves...not sure, but they are still shipping them. Diamond is fast on some stuff, but apparently GG ain't one of them from the way things sound.

It depends. Diamond had Yoda over a month ago, but haven't shipped Vader yet (it's not on this week's ship list either). Diamond also got majorly allocated on the Sandtrooper.

Can anyone with a Diamond account ask their rep what the deal is with this piece? The delays are ridiculous.

Sniper
12-06-2005, 02:12 AM
i'm still waiting for mine. :mad:
:banghead: :banghead:

Tattoo-X
12-07-2005, 09:28 PM
It depends. Diamond had Yoda over a month ago, but haven't shipped Vader yet (it's not on this week's ship list either). Diamond also got majorly allocated on the Sandtrooper.

Can anyone with a Diamond account ask their rep what the deal is with this piece? The delays are ridiculous.
It just so happens that I emailed my rep yesterday.
This is his reply:

We are still waiting for our shipment of the Darth vader mini bust to come in. As you know, the item carries a caution 4 which states all pricing content and shipping information is tentative and subject to change.

JR2
12-09-2005, 06:03 PM
It just so happens that I emailed my rep yesterday.
This is his reply:

We are still waiting for our shipment of the Darth vader mini bust to come in. As you know, the item carries a caution 4 which states all pricing content and shipping information is tentative and subject to change.

Yep, typical Diamond. He told you nothing. Which means that particular peon knew nothing.

I've got a friend that works for Diamond. I wasn't going to bother him with this, but now I think I will.

I'll let everyone know if I discover anything.

patrickwm68
12-09-2005, 08:03 PM
My local shop didn't get it yet and it's been out a while so I picked it up on eBay for $35.00.

JR2
12-13-2005, 07:23 PM
Ok. Here's the word from my friend at Diamond. The Ep. III Vader bust is expected to ship during the next three weeks (12/14,12/21/12/28). Unfortunately, he didn't have anything more specific.

JR2
12-17-2005, 03:54 PM
Ok. Here's the word from my friend at Diamond. The Ep. III Vader bust is expected to ship during the next three weeks (12/14,12/21/12/28). Unfortunately, he didn't have anything more specific.

Ok, according to Midtown Comics, the Ep III Vader bust ships from Diamond this week. (12/21)

About time!

galactus
12-17-2005, 03:55 PM
Yeah, they are on our invoice for next Wednesday as well.