PDA

View Full Version : voor Bane of tazmanian of bel.ned posters

freaky yves
12-06-2005, 11:40 AM
hi there , i think this is more for the belgium posters

so , how to start from zero??

what to buy, witch products... etc

are there site's to start, belgium one's and englisch?? magazines to look at ?

a workschop on-line ???

the diffrences of material?

just every thing

heykes antwerpse posters, vraagske" had deze post gezet in de sculpting area , maar kreeg enkel de reactie dat ik ze beter hier zou plaatsen

nu men vraag is dus , hoe begingt men van nul met te modeleren , had ergens in een post geleze dat er een starters dvd zou bestaan , maar is die in belgie verkrijgbaar???

alvast bedankt voor de reactie

grts freaky
:)

bane
12-06-2005, 02:06 PM
Hey Yves , ( ga Engels aanhouden voor de meerderheid ) Just started sculpting a bit myself so I haven't got much expierience , but I know where to find Super sculpey in belgium ( Fine quality moddeling clay ) ,other wise face it , our country isn't up to much in that area had to search a lot before I found the guy who Imports this stuff, I'll PM you his e-mail I ordered from him but haven't received it yet.

I worked with some kind of puppet makers clay , a German fabricated thing but started cracking after a while, so I hope the super sculpey can get me on another level of detail and finish.
I also used this Fimo called clay but that good for making less detailed fairy tales I think.

You can buy the sculpting tools (look like dentist's tools) in most hobby shops I believe.
You have a hobby shop in Antwerp near the Groenplaats located next to a indoor parking lot.

Hope this helps you a bit , as I said I'm not that expierienced with sculpting but I intend to practise a lot to become good at it.

freaky yves
12-06-2005, 04:15 PM
hey Bane thx for the info and mail twice :laugh: :laugh:

and yes i know that shop it comes out at the corner on the other street

the sculping tools are they a complete set or are they individuel and buy one by one? And how mutch may i give for a set ?

c u yves :)

Leon
12-06-2005, 04:40 PM
Hey, Bane, how far are you with the Aerts sculpt? Done anything different since?

Oh and Yves, good luck with your soon to be new hobby :thumbs2:

bane
12-06-2005, 05:27 PM
I'll post some new pics Leon , I have it painted now ,

Neomotion
03-13-2006, 09:19 AM
Thinking about starting sculpting myself. My wife works for a dentist (not really, they make false teeth and stuff), and her work offered me free stuff (they first sculpt the teeth, then they mold them). So all i have to bring is some creativity. Not sure if it is the same as all the other sculpters use, but it is a good way to start.

Kijk anders eens bij de hobby winkels. Die kunnen het vast wel voor je bestellen....

Leon
03-14-2006, 12:09 PM
Hey, Neomotion, I was thinking the same. Maybe sculpting is something for me too. Maybe I'll give it a try, maybe not. But when I do, I'm gonna use Super Sculpy.

Sgt Taz
08-11-2006, 04:09 PM
I just found this thread. I was also thinking about giving sculpting a go but I thought it was hopeless living in belgium to find all the needs.

Bane did you get your super sculpy yet and is it any good? Keep us posted.

bane
08-11-2006, 06:23 PM
I got the sculpey , the guy takes orders online and is importer for sculpey in Belgium .
Better stuff than anything you'll find in hobby stores .
If you want his e-mail pm me .