PDA

View Full Version : Bdcc????

JadeGiant
12-06-2005, 03:07 PM
Can you experts help me understand how the Bowen Designs Collector’s Club works? I understand the idea of getting the discount but I am fuzzy on the exclusives.

Am I automatically signed up for exclusives?

I was planning to sign up when I buy my next statue but I wouldn’t want to miss out on an exclusive if one became available before I actually made a purchase.

kirthew
12-06-2005, 03:16 PM
You have the chance to purchase exclusives that are offered.

What that means is that Randy will say... Alright... I have 300 Golden Doops... there will be a lotto... Every Collector Club member can enter... and 300 will be selected...

or he can say.. Alright.. I have 1000 Chrome Iron Man.. Need to submit your order by such and such date... 1 per club member.

The club membership is currently around 700 to 800 (Per Bowen.. no exact numbers)

The only thing you are assured of is a 20 percent discount.. not to be used on exclusives...

Hope this helped.

Tetragrammaton
12-06-2005, 03:18 PM
Any pics of the chrome Iron Man?

JadeGiant
12-06-2005, 03:28 PM

This is exactly what has got me going on this topic - the CHROME IRON MAN!

Is the chrome Iron Man a reality or just an idea?

I don't want to miss out if this is produced. Do I have to be a member when the exclusive is announced or can I join after it is announced and then order one or enter into the lottery? The only reason I ask is it may be a while before I actually buy a new stat from BD and I was trying to hold off until I would actually use the 20% discount before signing up (and thus my year's membership would last longer). I will probably just bite the bullet and sign up now.

kirthew
12-06-2005, 03:29 PM

No No No.. I just used it as an example... Just like Golden Doop.

Nightcrawler777
12-06-2005, 03:30 PM
This is exactly what has got me going on this topic - the CHROME IRON MAN!

Is the chrome Iron Man a reality or just an idea?

I don't want to miss out if this is produced. Do I have to be a member when the exclusive is announced or can I join after it is announced and then order one or enter into the lottery? The only reason I ask is it may be a while before I actually buy a new stat from BD and I was trying to hold off until I would actually use the 20% discount before signing up (and thus my year's membership would last longer). I will probably just bite the bullet and sign up now.

Just an Idea...

kirthew
12-06-2005, 03:38 PM

You must be a member when the announcement is made. I would just bite the bullet and join... As a member I was able to purchase the Phasing Vision (Thanks DJ-13, it was your post on here that spurred me to go and purchase it) at a 20 percent discount, which was 34.00... That just paid for the membership and now I have the chance to buy all exclusives over the next year. Including a Chrome Iron Man if it is ever made or produced.

JadeGiant
12-06-2005, 03:43 PM
You must be a member when the announcement is made. I would just bite the bullet and join... As a member I was able to purchase the Phasing Vision (Thanks DJ-13, it was your post on here that spurred me to go and purchase it) at a 20 percent discount, which was 34.00... That just paid for the membership and now I have the chance to buy all exclusives over the next year. Including a Chrome Iron Man if it is ever made or produced.

Thanks Kirt - I will bite the bullet!

How often are exclusives released? Does BD just send an email to members when they are made available? Is there any advance notice on these?

Thanks to everyone for the help!

kirthew
12-06-2005, 03:46 PM
Thanks Kirt - I will bite the bullet!

How often are exclusives released? Does BD just send an email to members when they are made available? Is there any advance notice on these?

Thanks to everyone for the help!

Usually there will be a post here... yelling.. HEY Gold Doop up for order... and then everyone will run to www.bowendesigns.com and check to see if it up for order or not... There is usually no advance notice... just surprise... But they usually give you a week to order it...

Hey Randy... you have any job openings?? Like director of club relations or anything???

High Lord Apocalypse
12-06-2005, 04:19 PM
What A Chrome Iron Man, You Say Kirt!!!!!!!!
Where?????where??????????????

High Lord Apocalypse
12-06-2005, 04:21 PM
J/k I Know There Isn't One :laugh: :laugh:

Capt. America
12-06-2005, 05:31 PM
I would like to have one though

wizard-comics
12-06-2005, 06:24 PM
Can you experts help me understand how the Bowen Designs Collector’s Club works? I understand the idea of getting the discount but I am fuzzy on the exclusives.

Am I automatically signed up for exclusives?

I was planning to sign up when I buy my next statue but I wouldn’t want to miss out on an exclusive if one became available before I actually made a purchase.

In a nut shell, not very well..

.....even witthe discounts you'll get your statues and busts cheaper through ebay or others (like comicstatues.com) ....majority reason why peope are members is to get the T-Shirt......kidding...people sign up for the opportunity to get exclusives......but as the Gold Bucky fiasco demonstrated, it doesn't always workout