PDA

View Full Version : New Venom FS

batman1180
12-06-2005, 09:32 PM
Did you guys see the new venom FS in the interviews. I think that this sculpt is better than the current one.

High Lord Apocalypse
12-06-2005, 09:33 PM
what interview????where???

Kirk Durfey
12-06-2005, 09:34 PM
Yeah - That sculpt was previewed over in the sculptors section, very nicely done!

Endless Wake
12-06-2005, 09:35 PM
Randy must have really loved it to produce another so soon after the first one. Maybe he'll save it for when Spider-Man 3 is released, Venom is one of the villains.

Kirk Durfey
what interview????where???
Look in the interviews section, the December interview with Randy Bowen...

mfrancoiii
It looks cool, but i still prefer the OG one. i dont think it is sculpted by Randy.

High Lord Apocalypse
12-06-2005, 09:37 PM
thanks kirk

spawnyvsbatman
12-06-2005, 09:37 PM
Did you guys see the new venom FS in the interviews. I think that this sculpt is better than the current one.

Yes that is a wicked Venom which I will be picking up but I also picked the Venom by The Kucharek Brothers that thing looks amazing up close.

sPAWNY

Wolverine1
12-06-2005, 09:38 PM
Oh yeah, a few of us were trying to get a kit. I am glad this is working out, though!

CaptCracker
12-06-2005, 09:51 PM
I saw it and I wouldn't buy it.

I'm getting bored of the Venom we already have too.......I found out that I like it better if it's on an eyelevel shelf tilted to the right (far left skull facing foward) but then his head is facing the other way, but it will do for now.

And there is a Spidey vs Venom diorama coming out sometime in 06........give me Doc. Ock!!!!!

Charger RT
12-06-2005, 10:43 PM
Not being negative here...just a bit exacerbated by what I saw in the interview....Im curious as to the reason why another Venom statue was commissioned so soon after the current one?? Especially when there are many characters to be done and not forgetting there is also the Diorama in the works as well (which one can argue is different as Spidey will be in it)...I know the movie potential and its good to get it out before the others, but its like taken (give or take) 5 years since we've had a new Thor or any of the big guns and Venom is really middle tier...also by commisioning another its like Randy doesn’t give the current statue much of a vote of confidence in my view

Wolverine1
12-06-2005, 10:50 PM
Not being negative here...just a bit exacerbated by what I saw in the interview....Im curious as to the reason why another Venom statue was commissioned so soon after the current one?? Especially when there are many characters to be done and not forgetting there is also the Diorama in the works as well (which one can argue is different as Spidey will be in it)...I know the movie potential and its good to get it out before the others, but its like taken (give or take) 5 years since we've had a new Thor or any of the big guns and Venom is really middle tier...also by commisioning another its like Randy doesn’t give the current statue much of a vote of confidence in my view
The new Venom was made and a few people pmed Randy and got it done. Randy liked it alot and it rocks!

MONSTER
12-06-2005, 10:52 PM
I know we just got Venom but this new version is pretty incredible. I'll be picking it up.

Sniper
12-06-2005, 10:52 PM
you people here make me laugh that venom hands down is the best out there !

mfrancoiii
12-06-2005, 10:55 PM
its pretty hard to beat the 1st Venom. i really like the diamond marvel milestone venom, but it still doent compare to Bowen Designs OG Venom.

Tattoo-X
12-06-2005, 10:57 PM
That Venom is sweet!

Sniper
12-06-2005, 11:10 PM
its pretty hard to beat the 1st Venom. i really like the diamond marvel milestone venom, but it still doent compare to Bowen Designs OG Venom.
pretty hard, :eplus2: this sculpt here blows it away no contest!!!

Charger RT
12-06-2005, 11:14 PM

I agree with you (I think) ..personally current Venom just Rocks from the Sewer base with Spidey's head to the full body Black costume and white Spider logo in its full glory...this one lacks it all when its all crouched plus it reminds me something thats suitable for the Toad...as they saying goes each to their one....will be giving this one a wide berth

Sniper
12-06-2005, 11:17 PM
dont get me wrong I have the one randy sculpted , but this one the pose is awesome, more flow and movement. as if venom is watching his prey!

Wolverine1
12-06-2005, 11:23 PM
pretty hard, :eplus2: this sculpt here blows it away no contest!!!
Ditto!

mfrancoiii
12-06-2005, 11:26 PM
dont get me wrong I have the one randy sculpted , but this one the pose is awesome, more flow and movement. as if venom is watching his prey!
Its a great sculpt Andy, and i would definately buy it, but the first one really captures Venom at his best.

Capt. America
12-07-2005, 12:02 AM
:buttrock: SAME HERE I AGREE I"LL BE PICKING ONE UP

Charger RT
12-07-2005, 12:08 AM

I can see your point of view and its valid...and thats the point where I feel that the new statue doesnt grab me and to be tagged the best ever or as such is stretching it a bit...The Venom that I readily associate with is the McFarlane era (best Venom EVER) where he was more out to rip Spidey a new one every day and was always menacing which is best associated with released statue ...at the end it'll cater to those who want both, those who want the "Preying Venom" or the "Action Venom" only...its win win for all..hope they new Thor comes out that quick :)

Cheers

Charger RT
12-07-2005, 12:14 AM
doesnt grab me and to be tagged the best ever or as such is stretching it a bit...

Cheers

Not a reference at any individual in particular but of the general consensus of the responses thus far

TheMadTitan
12-07-2005, 12:16 AM
Yes that is a wicked Venom which I will be picking up but I also picked the Venom by The Kucharek Brothers that thing looks amazing up close.

sPAWNY

Hey Spawny, nice Apocalypse sculpt ur avator got there, where did u get it??

TheMadTitan
12-07-2005, 12:17 AM
I will get this Venom for sure in Phase 3. Bring it on. :buttrock:

Ish
12-07-2005, 12:31 AM
wow that is cool i wanted to get one of those!

mwf6171
12-07-2005, 01:33 AM
Damn, I might have to pick that one up...................I don't know how I will hide that one from the wife!!!!! :sly2:

Wolverine1
12-07-2005, 01:35 AM
Damn, I might have to pick that one up...................I don't know how I will hide that one from the wife!!!!! :sly2:
I heard a little pickle-tickle helps. :laugh:

mwf6171
12-07-2005, 01:36 AM
I heard a little pickle-tickle helps. :laugh:

Hell, she is due in June already.................:rolleyes:

Wolverine1
12-07-2005, 01:36 AM
Hasn't stopped you before..... :laugh:

Ish
12-07-2005, 01:38 AM
we got to have you neutered, enough is enough. :laugh: :laugh:

mwf6171
12-07-2005, 01:40 AM
we got to have you neutered, enough is enough. :laugh: :laugh:

THat is the plan...........stopping with 3 kids...............I am kind of disappointed.......I was wanting to create a master race!!! :rolleyes2

Tony Coca
12-07-2005, 01:41 AM
Sweet Piece but its not needed.Theres already a Venom statue and it just recently came out.

Wolverine1
12-07-2005, 01:44 AM
THat is the plan...........stopping with 3 kids...............I am kind of disappointed.......I was wanting to create a master race!!! :rolleyes2
3? :confused: :bawling:

mwf6171
12-07-2005, 01:48 AM
3? :confused: :bawling:

Well I don't claim you...................not after you were caught with that goat at the 4H fair................. :confused2 :eplus2:

Dark Knight
12-07-2005, 01:48 AM
NOW I understand your fascination with the Invaders. :)

Wolverine1
12-07-2005, 01:50 AM
Well I don't claim you...................not after you were caught with that goat at the 4H fair................. :confused2 :eplus2:
Hey you said, "What happens at the fair, stays at the fair!" :mad: :laugh:

mwf6171
12-07-2005, 01:52 AM
NOW I understand your fascination with the Invaders. :)

:laugh: Acutally, it is just really a lot of fun having sex!!!!!!!! :buttrock: :laugh:

Wolverine1
12-07-2005, 01:53 AM
:laugh: Acutally, it is just really a lot of fun having sex!!!!!!!! :buttrock: :laugh:
What, by yourself? :D

mwf6171
12-07-2005, 01:55 AM
What, by yourself? :D

No, that was your department..............well, until you met the goat!!! :eplus2: :eplus2:

Wolverine1
12-07-2005, 01:57 AM
No, that was your department..............well, until you met the goat!!! :eplus2: :eplus2:
She was nice and helpful..... :laugh:

wizard-comics
12-07-2005, 02:09 AM
is this going to be the one that has a locking base with a Spider-Man statue?

Wolverine1
12-07-2005, 02:15 AM
is this going to be the one that has a locking base with a Spider-Man statue?
No.....

rychehitman
12-07-2005, 02:16 AM
I cannot wait to get this Venom FS, and snip the tongue off!

MASTERSHOKHAN
12-07-2005, 02:16 AM
1. I have the first Kucharek Brothers Venom and I love it.
2. The new Venom is great as well.
3. Spiderman 3, ( which has Venom in it ) ,and there will be Venom fever around that time.
4. Choice is always good.

DEAD_MAN
12-07-2005, 02:54 AM
I'll get this one also

Pogo4321
12-07-2005, 04:53 AM
How many Venom sculptures have been produced?

These I know:

Spiderman vs Venom Diorama (DF)
Marvel Milestones Venom (DS)
Bowen Venom fullsize (BD)
Sugita (?) Venom (Anarchy?)

Busts:
Rogues Gallery (DS)
Spiderman/Venom Three-pack (BD)
Attakus bust

And we are now expecting:
Spiderman/Venom/Sandman Bookends (DS)
Spiderman vs Venom (BD)
The statue in this thread (BD)

Am I missing any?

BAMF
12-07-2005, 05:43 AM
Bought the Bowen one which is great as it is and can't justify another $150 on Venom.

spawnyvsbatman
12-07-2005, 12:34 PM
Hey Spawny, nice Apocalypse sculpt ur avator got there, where did u get it??

Hey TheMadTitan,

A friend of mind is sculpting this Apocalypse mini bust for me still wasys to go but it's looking amazing!!!! here's a pic:
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9669/devpics1876qa.jpg
Thanks.
sPAWNY

Dj-B13
12-07-2005, 12:37 PM
Oh yeah, a few of us were trying to get a kit. I am glad this is working out, though!

yea I remember that, then soon after I remember Randy himslef asking us here on who sculpted this...then the next thing you know.

Its already being as a preview! :buttrock:

Wolverine1
12-07-2005, 12:55 PM
yea I remember that, then soon after I remember Randy himslef asking us here on who sculpted this...then the next thing you know.

Its already being as a preview! :buttrock:
Oh yeah, Randy listens!

ant-man
12-07-2005, 12:55 PM
do we need another Venom piece...really not ata ll hyped about this one....its a good sculpt...but...wish it could be another character..

Dj-B13
12-07-2005, 12:56 PM
Oh yeah, Randy listens!

Of course, just like my Spiral Request and blackheart :buttrock:

Wolverine1
12-07-2005, 12:57 PM
do we need another Venom piece...really not ata ll hyped about this one....its a good sculpt...but...wish it could be another character..
Well it wasn't done by a regular sculptor, it is a piece done by a talented rookie so no time was wasted just a bonus. Randy saw how many people LOVED it and picked it up, I hope it is released really soon.

bat_collector
12-07-2005, 12:58 PM
Another venom so soon after the current one. Not liking it at all. I'll pass. Its a good sculpt, but I don't need more than one venom

spawnyvsbatman
12-07-2005, 01:06 PM
I think Randy wants to even out the Spiderman run 1 Venom for every Spiderman Statue:laugh:

I already have the Venom that Randy released a few months back seen it up close and couldn't say no to it really beautiful sculpt and the paint up is amazing.

Randy doesn't expect every one to buy it but of course that would be nice..
I for 1 will I just have to have it in my collection since I'm here in Canada and I'm not able to get those exclusives so this is away for me to spend that money on something I wouldn't normally have the $$ for.

sPAWNY

risingstar
12-07-2005, 01:34 PM
Another venom so soon after the current one. Not liking it at all. I'll pass. Its a good sculpt, but I don't need more than one venom

One Venom is certainly more than enough... Unless this new one is clearly superior to the first one, I wouldn't consider it at all.

I would have hoped to see a different villain statue before we started revisiting already-made characters. JMO

bat_collector
12-07-2005, 01:39 PM
I would have hoped to see a different villain statue before we started revisiting already-made characters. JMO
Exactly.

Like Exodus. :buttrock:

risingstar
12-07-2005, 01:43 PM
Exactly.

Or like Super Skrull, Annihilus, Enchantress, and Loki

spawnyvsbatman
12-07-2005, 05:46 PM

I think we're jumping the gun here so far there hasn't been any word that Randy will be putting this out now.

I heard a few members talking about having this out when Spiderman 3 hits the theaters which would be a great idea since Venom will be a villain in...

Trust me Randy knows what he doing he's been in business for a while...but having said that I want my Venom tomorrow :laugh:

sPAWNY

Wolverine1
12-07-2005, 06:44 PM
I think we're jumping the gun here so far there hasn't been any word that Randy will be putting this out now.

I heard a few members talking about having this out when Spiderman 3 hits the theaters which would be a great idea since Venom will be a villain in...

Trust me Randy knows what he doing he's been in business for a while...but having said that I want my Venom tomorrow :laugh:

sPAWNY
I want it soon!

SirConor
12-07-2005, 06:56 PM
Exactly.

Or Mr. Sinister.