PDA

View Full Version : Sub-Mariner - what is the 3rd statue?

JSA
12-08-2005, 12:05 PM
I'm still a Bowen newbie and I missed this info. :confused2

I see two Namors on the Bowen site now, so what is the third one?

Is it a super-duper special or limited one like Bucky or Phasing Vision?

And is it due out soon, or still a ways off?

JS :confused:

Ish
12-08-2005, 12:10 PM
it was supposed to be a bdcc exclusive red trunks variant but rb said that wasn't gonna happen, intee he showed a stripe trunks version picks are over at the sneak peek only thread.

Tetragrammaton
12-08-2005, 12:10 PM
The two statues (green trunks and black costume) were to also be offered with an exclusive Bowen Collector's Club golden age red trunks variant. When Randy could not find the red trunks version in too many issues, he decided to instead go with, IMO, a god awful striped trunks. When opinions were luke warm to this version he scrapped both ideas. Now I believe the red trunks might be made after all as an exclusive.

JSA
12-08-2005, 12:13 PM
Sucks about the different bases as I like the shark & eel base best, but it is on
the least "manly" looking Sub-Mariner Statue. I like the black statue with the
wings/fins, but would love the shark & eel base on that one.

Is the 3rd one up in the air then, or does it have a set time to be announced?

JS :confused:

Ish
12-08-2005, 12:14 PM
what was the color of the trunks in namors first aperence(marvel comics#1)? they seemed black to me, it could've been dark red.

msw313
12-08-2005, 02:40 PM
what was the color of the trunks in namors first aperence(marvel comics#1)? they seemed black to me, it could've been dark red.
They were a sort of blue-black originally, with a gold belt.

The much-ridiculed striped trunks appeared during the brief Atlas revival in the mid-'50s.

The red trunks appeared during his early Silver Age appearances in FF and Avengers.

He changed to the green trunks when he guest starred in Daredevil (1st Series) #7, the same issue DD switched to his red costume. Guess they figured it was too much red, so they switched Subby to green for contrast. The green just stuck after that.