OneOne78
12-08-2005, 01:20 PM
Cool!

Relic Reaper
12-08-2005, 01:29 PM
Looking forward to this one!

Tetragrammaton
12-08-2005, 01:38 PM
Very cool design. Don't know why they are bothering with the cigarette option, the pistol is way better IMO.

wktf
12-08-2005, 01:38 PM
Very nice! Hey, DDura, how'd you acquire this sketch?

wktf
12-08-2005, 01:40 PM
Ah, I see, the interview section...

Jack8022
12-08-2005, 01:55 PM
Looks very cool. I hope the coat isn't billowing out as much though. Those coats were supposed to be heavy and wouldn't be waving around in the wind like a lighter material. The cube behind his back is a cool touch.

I also like the change-o-hand idea. For me, the Skull's just got to have the cigarette. he's got his goons to kill people.

DEAD_MAN
12-08-2005, 02:03 PM
Looks very cool. I hope the coat isn't billowing out as much though. Those coats were supposed to be heavy and wouldn't be waving around in the wind like a lighter material. The cube behind his back is a cool touch.
I also like the change-o-hand idea. For me, the Skull's just got to have the cigarette. he's got his goons to kill people.
I see what you mean about the goat,mabey just the bottom part would do or a littel less blowing
You aright im feeling beter with the change-o- hand idea already thanks,

nbr3bagshotrow
12-08-2005, 02:13 PM
I am SO getting that Red Skull statue!

Absofreakin awesome.

msw313
12-08-2005, 02:18 PM
When can we put our orders in?

I WANT!

:buttrock:

Wolverine1
12-08-2005, 03:32 PM
I know I gave Dead Man some grief on this and I have to say if that sketch is what it is looking like, I will get one. That coat is aweasome, great sketch now come to life!

Daredevil
12-08-2005, 03:33 PM
WHERE"S the DEAD RED SKUL VARIENT WITH WINTER SOLDEIR STANDNG OVER HIM>???!

CanadianMachine
12-08-2005, 03:36 PM
Very nice!!! Love the pose! :buttrock:

Deadpool
12-08-2005, 03:44 PM
I think it looks great, the COH is a great idea.... I just have a quick question, as far as displaying RS with a swaztika, are they not doing it because of Marvel or is it a Randy personal preference? I beleive that with everything as it is now, it would probably make sence to do without it. I was just wondering if it will bother anyone as far as originality of the sculpt. As far as I am concerned It's Bad A$$... Great Job Randy! :buttrock:

randy bowen
12-08-2005, 03:52 PM
I think it looks great, the COH is a great idea.... I just have a quick question, as far as displaying RS with a swaztika, are they not doing it because of Marvel or is it a Randy personal preference? I beleive that with everything as it is now, it would probably make sence to do without it. I was just wondering if it will bother anyone as far as originality of the sculpt. As far as I am concerned It's Bad A$$... Great Job Randy! :buttrock:

Both- Marvel does not want it. But I would also have a problem with it.

Even though their symbols were derived from the ancients, these symbols now resonate with their connection to Hitler and the Nazis. There are many other visual cues to draw from.

Deadpool
12-08-2005, 04:01 PM
Both- Marvel does not want it. But I would also have a problem with it.

Even though their symbols were derived from the ancients, these symbols now resonate with their connection to Hitler and the Nazis. There are many other visual cues to draw from.

I absolutely 100% agree with you bud. I was curious as to what many of the others thought, since I have seen many mention that they would rather have the symbol displayed on the sculpt.... obviously not for personal reasons, but for originality, since the war itself was what led to the creation of many villains at that point in time.

mwf6171
12-08-2005, 04:02 PM
Looks cool. Not to be offensive, I wish it would have a swastika arm band............this is how I remember the Red Skull. However, I am sensitive to others POV and feelings.

Wolverine1
12-08-2005, 04:08 PM
However, I am sensitive to others POV and feelings.

Yeah, right! You are never sensitive to my POV! :bawling: :laugh:

mwf6171
12-08-2005, 04:09 PM
Yeah, right! You are never sensitive to my POV! :bawling: :laugh:

Yes I am................I just don't CARE!!!!!!!!!:stick: :eplus2:

Crom
12-08-2005, 04:09 PM
I kinda remember the Red Skull having.. a red skull. Pretty distinct and hard to miss.

So that is more than enough for me. Marvel pretty much hasn't had one on him for decades, if I recall correctly.

randy bowen
12-08-2005, 04:29 PM
I absolutely 100% agree with you bud. I was curious as to what many of the others thought, since I have seen many mention that they would rather have the Nazi symbol displayed on the sculpt.... obviously not for personal reasons, but for originality, since it was what led to the creation af some villains at that point in time.

It would be an easy thing for someone to customize if they so desire.

Lay-Z-boy
12-08-2005, 04:49 PM
I suggested ( on another thread ) a blank arm insignia and let the
collectors draw whatever they want on it :

http://www.maquilogistics.com/tmpimg/Rskull02.jpg

Daredevil
12-08-2005, 04:54 PM
I want a patch that says "SUX" on his arm

Capt. America
12-08-2005, 05:10 PM
looks good

dr.doom
12-08-2005, 08:14 PM
I like the sketch!!!I'll absolutely buy this statue!The cube on the back is a great idea!!!
Now I have to choice wich hand to put on my RS FS :D

mitchanator
12-08-2005, 08:42 PM
i will get one for sure who is sculpting that one

msw313
12-08-2005, 08:50 PM
i will get one for sure who is sculpting that one
I believe Randy said he will be sculpting this one himself!
:buttrock:

nexus
12-08-2005, 09:05 PM
Nice sketch. The coat could be a longer though IMO. Definitely agree it shouldn't have a swastika. Think about people unfamiliar with the character. But for those who want, I'm sure it would be easy to customize. I was also kinda hoping he'd have a hat.

Dj-B13
12-08-2005, 09:16 PM
WOW this will look nice!

and the cosmic cube is what I like alot about this statue now.
cant wait to see the real deal :buttrock:

giro
12-08-2005, 11:53 PM
Its On My List Nice

daveyyojimbo
12-08-2005, 11:53 PM
i know this is nit picking but here it goes: the trench shouldn't be quite so billowy and why would he hold the cosmic cube behind his back. he's an egomaniac with nearly infinite power, he would, in my opnion hold the cc at least in front of him as if to say "hello to my little friend" but having said all of this i would still buy it as depicted. i just wish it was closer to a kirbyesque depiction.

daveyyojimbo
12-08-2005, 11:55 PM
oh, and i like the idea of a change-o-hand.

Ish
12-09-2005, 12:12 AM
concept tlooks promising.

1logan
12-09-2005, 01:00 AM
How bout swastika decals?

WolverineX77
12-09-2005, 02:08 AM
Jeez, Randy! Just when I thought you were gonna rest, you keep producing beauties! As Seinfeld would say, "But not that there's anything wrong with that." :laugh: That's MORE $$$ I gotta save! GIMME A BREAK, MAN! Or not. :buttrock:

Tetragrammaton
12-09-2005, 07:22 AM
How bout swastika decals?

You're going to have it custom done if you want them. Randy has been very clear he will not be including that symbol on any of his work.

lord odin
12-09-2005, 09:45 AM
You're going to have it custom done if you want them. Randy has been very clear he will not be including that symbol on any of his work.
I already got mine lined up.

Sniper
12-09-2005, 01:32 PM
very nice and worth the wait

randy bowen
12-09-2005, 02:05 PM
i know this is nit picking but here it goes: the trench shouldn't be quite so billowy and why would he hold the cosmic cube behind his back. he's an egomaniac with nearly infinite power, he would, in my opnion hold the cc at least in front of him as if to say "hello to my little friend" but having said all of this i would still buy it as depicted. i just wish it was closer to a kirbyesque depiction.

The sketch that was shown was just that... a sketch. The final sculpt may not even have the long coat. I'll try it, but if it doesn't look right, I'll change it to some other version of a Nazi uniform.

Regarding the cosmic cube: I thought about him holding the cube in front, but felt that it would be too obvious. Leave it to the Red Skull to make his adversaries underestimate what he's got up his sleeve. Plus, I just think him holding the gun or cigarette holder looks better.

Wolverine1
12-09-2005, 03:23 PM
Oh no, leave the coat. It may be the only reason I will buy it!

dr.doom
12-09-2005, 04:03 PM
The sketch that was shown was just that... a sketch. The final sculpt may not even have the long coat. I'll try it, but if it doesn't look right, I'll change it to some other version of a Nazi uniform.

Regarding the cosmic cube: I thought about him holding the cube in front, but felt that it would be too obvious. Leave it to the Red Skull to make his adversaries underestimate what he's got up his sleeve. Plus, I just think him holding the gun or cigarette holder looks better.
I think the cosmic cube in the back is really a great idea,different from other Red Skull images and cool,it seems he say..."Poor Cap..this is my secret power,my real power :eplus2: "
I hope in the long coat,but if it doesn't work well,I'm for a different uniform.Maybe this is a thing you can see only with the sculpt semi-finished.Enjoy yourself in the sculpting this great statue,Randy ;)

Jack8022
12-09-2005, 04:14 PM
I like the cube behind his back. You're right about him having it like an ace up his sleeve.

dtorrens
12-09-2005, 06:26 PM
" I am SO getting that Red Skull statue!" - NBR3

Ditto. I had given up on full-sizes due to space issues and actually sold a few to make room. However, this is a must have and will likely stay part of the permanent collection.

Also, the "trench" is sweet and not something your going to see anywhere else.

Bullseye
12-09-2005, 06:50 PM
Now that will be awesome.

supermn619
12-09-2005, 08:26 PM
The Sketch Is A Great Pose Nomater That It Is A Sketch ! But Your The Great One Randy And I Think Everybody Else Would Argee That U Can Make That Sketch Into A Great Piece!!!!!

the fog
12-09-2005, 08:47 PM
No need for any Nazi Emblems or Armbands, that was a different era, maybe then but not these days.
Hope the Broomhandle Mauser will be as detailed as Union Jacks Webley .45, will it be a 7.65 Mauser or just a standard 9mm.
I like to knit pick too.
This is the villian of all Villians. When can we order?

Sniper
12-11-2005, 12:30 AM

good thinking which ever version count me in