PDA

View Full Version : New Venom - Great News

Bullseye
12-09-2005, 07:54 PM
I am delighted that BD have decided to produce this awesome Venom. But the question is "Will there be enough fans out there to buy it"? and "will Randy produce the Black Spidey variant to match"? :)

Sgt Taz
12-09-2005, 07:57 PM
Hmmm, this might just become the best looking venom statue out there...

Kirk Durfey
12-09-2005, 07:58 PM
I think there will be enough people buying this one. I think the run will be fairly small, and it is an awesome sculpt so plenty of people will buy it...

Bullseye
12-09-2005, 08:01 PM
I'll be buying it for sure but i can see a small run on this.

risingstar
12-09-2005, 08:08 PM
I like it too but the sculp still looks kind of rough... It could use another BD polish.

Also, please, if it's not too late, no more bases with gargoyles... I'm starting to believe the Marvel universe has been transported back to the Medieval ages. LOL

Daredevil
12-09-2005, 08:10 PM
I love this sculpt. It would be nice to have a Spidey in a similar pose (like Spiderman in the rain litho)

supermn619
12-09-2005, 08:13 PM
I Got The Bd Venom Now And I Would Diff Buy This One ........no Problem
A Very Great Looking Venom !!!this One Is.

Pogo4321
12-09-2005, 08:15 PM
love this, it has a great style to the sculpting. I'll buy it!!!

Bullseye
12-09-2005, 08:16 PM
I love this sculpt. It would be nice to have a Spidey in a similar pose (like Spiderman in the rain litho)

I agree that would be awesome. :)

DDura711
12-09-2005, 08:17 PM
I'll be HAPPY to have BOTH Venoms. AMAZING look to that piece.

JadeGiant
12-09-2005, 08:18 PM
I am delighted that BD have decided to produce this awesome Venom. But the question is "Will there be enough fans out there to buy it"? and "will Randy produce the Black Spidey variant to match"? :)

Any other views of this? The upper body looks great, especially the arms. I am curious to see what it looks like from the sides and back. I am not sure but the legs might look a little small

Gianco
12-09-2005, 08:26 PM
A must have for me! Awesome piece so far!

Capt. America
12-09-2005, 08:29 PM
I'm in...... like this one so far better than last Venom

yorick
12-09-2005, 08:38 PM
It looks awesome, but how does it conform to the 12" rule for statues--is the base going to be really tall or what?!?

twisterred
12-09-2005, 09:01 PM
thumbs up on this Venom.

boondocksaint
12-09-2005, 09:02 PM
yeah this is a great piece...im getting it...i still like the first venom better

rychehitman
12-09-2005, 09:05 PM
This piece is too good not to get if you are a fan of Vanom at all...still I wish ONE good Venom piece didn't have that damn tongue!

Bullseye
12-09-2005, 09:08 PM
This piece is too good not to get if you are a fan of Vanom at all...still I wish ONE good Venom piece didn't have that damn tongue!

:laugh: Thats like removing Gene's (Kiss) tongue.

FNGrimm
12-09-2005, 09:28 PM
Venom has the most underrated fan following, for such a once great character mad people love him

spawnyvsbatman
12-09-2005, 09:31 PM
It looks awesome, but how does it conform to the 12" rule for statues--is the base going to be really tall or what?!?

Hey guy's,

I believe the Venom is 5" across the shoulders. 8" tall with out the Base...Base looks to be about 4-5 inches tall so that should put it to 12" rule for statues and yes I would love to see a Spiderman piece that would be awesome.

I always thought Venom's costume was alive so you can't have a smooth looking venom his body is always transforming!!!

I just can't wait to see this piece paint if this looks amazing unpainted imagine what it would look like painted...I think a 2000-2500 fun would be great trust me this will sell out!!!!!!!!

Knowing Randy you won't be seeing this soon maybe when the movie comes out or not this is a Statue a year in the making!!!!

Maybe Randy will make a small of 300 with no tongue!!!

I want mind yesterday :p

Thanks.
Joe

randy bowen
12-09-2005, 09:43 PM

- The tongue will be optional
- The piece is over 12" tall (with base)
- The finished piece will be more polished.
- Black Spidey to match

bat_collector
12-09-2005, 09:45 PM
I'm glad the tounge is optional, venom isn't veom without the tounge

yorick
12-09-2005, 09:45 PM
Every concern answered--AWESOME!! Bring it on...

Viking28
12-09-2005, 09:50 PM
This is one statue on the must list! I cant wait to see this :buttrock:

boondocksaint
12-09-2005, 09:57 PM
this wont be for awhile right?

Kirk Durfey
12-09-2005, 09:58 PM
- Black Spidey to match
Cool! This will rock :buttrock:

fossa
12-09-2005, 10:22 PM
i'm getting 1 of each of those!!!

candyrocket786
12-09-2005, 10:48 PM
- Black Spidey to match

Est. Release Date? Will either of the two statues be BDCC exclusives?

TheMadTitan
12-09-2005, 10:51 PM
Est. Release Date? Will either of the two statues be BDCC exclusives?

Hope Randy wont make this Venom as exclusives. I passed on the last venom b/c I dont like his eyes, but I did struggle alot giving up that venom. Now this new venom statue is right on, I really like this sculpt and I am hoping to get this. Please no exclusive for this baby!!!

candyrocket786
12-09-2005, 10:53 PM
Hope Randy wont make this Venom as exclusives. I passed on the last venom b/c I dont like his eyes, but I did struggle alot giving up that venom. Now this new venom statue is right on, I really like this sculpt and I am hoping to get this. Please no exclusive for this baby!!!

Maybe he can be a statueforum exclusive?

P1X4R
12-09-2005, 10:56 PM

has there ever been a statueforum.com exclusive?

[edit]: muhahahaha :)

speedracer
12-09-2005, 11:11 PM

woohoo now your talking..=)

DD_fan96
12-09-2005, 11:17 PM
I want one!

JSA
12-09-2005, 11:31 PM
- Black Spidey to match

WOW!

I've only got one Bowen piece thus far - FS Juggernaut.
I just "might" be lucky enough to be getting a Phasing Vision.....
BUT, if this Venom piece comes out with a mighty low edition,
I'll buy it in a second, as I just love the sculpt. Again - I don't
know much or care much about the character, but the statue
looks so good that I won't be able to pass it up.

I prefer the no-tongue option myself, so I'm glad it'll be available! :buttrock:

JS :)

TheMadTitan
12-09-2005, 11:32 PM
While his daddy is receiving lots of Full-Sized attentions, Carnage should get some FS treatments as well IMO. Does FS Carnage have any chance, Randy? I think this picture has a good pose for FS, comes with a nice base as well!! :buttrock:

lord odin
12-09-2005, 11:32 PM
I`d buy this version I passed on the other one.

risingstar
12-09-2005, 11:35 PM
Hmmm... I'm hearing a number of people say they don't want a tongue wagging Venom. How come? His gaping maw strikes me as his trademark.

What's the deal, folks? Why does the tongue bother you?
What do you prefer?
An open mouth with sharp teeth showing?

Wolverine1
12-10-2005, 03:23 AM
I already sid I am getting it and if the black costume matches this, then I will get that also. Yes, Carnage should have been made instead of the black costume Spider Man, IMO.

darthrobbler
12-10-2005, 03:32 AM
Yep, looks like my FS collection days are back again!!

Bullseye
12-10-2005, 07:26 AM
Black Spidey to match is great news.

dr.doom
12-10-2005, 07:51 AM
- Black Spidey to match
Black Spidey to mach!!!Great!!!Randy,do you have any idea for the pose?Similar to a classic Black Spdey on a gargoyle?Who will be the sculptor?:)

Wolverine1
12-10-2005, 07:54 AM
Black Spidey to mach!!!Great!!!Randy,do you have any idea for the pose?Similar to a classic Black Spdey on a gargoyle?Who will be the sculptor?:)
Is that a kit? That looks awesome!

Bullseye
12-10-2005, 07:55 AM

Where did you see that Black Spidey Doc? I hope JC gets the gig in sculpting the Black Spidey:)

dr.doom
12-10-2005, 08:42 AM
Where did you see that Black Spidey Doc? I hope JC gets the gig in sculpting the Black Spidey:)
Hi Bullseye! :) It 's a trading figure from Bandai,mini figures of a line called "HG Marvel Hero". You can see something here :

http://www.huntershobby.com/minitoys/cartoon_marvel.htm

dr.doom
12-10-2005, 08:44 AM
However,I like a lot the Marel Select Spidey Black costume too ;)

The Watcher
12-10-2005, 08:49 AM
I didn't buy the first one but I'll probably buy this one. The FS Spider-Man's Rogue's Gallery is starting to look pretty nice. Hopefully BD will put out a good, classic FS Spider-Man with a nice base (not 27 inches).

imthkman
12-10-2005, 09:19 AM
Black Spidey to match is great news.

Agreed. I'll be getting both. I remember when spawny was pitching this sculpt in the sculpting section. Glad to see it was picked up!

Bullseye
12-10-2005, 09:20 AM
Hi Bullseye! :) It 's a trading figure from Bandai,mini figures of a line called "HG Marvel Hero". You can see something here :

Cheers Doc. That pose is very nice.

risingstar
12-10-2005, 10:29 AM

The kids should enjoy those.

Just wish sculptors would stop with the gargoyle bases already.
Speaking for myself, gargoyles are starting to annoy me.
Where's the creativity, boys? Use your imagination and try something different.

JMHO

risingstar
12-10-2005, 11:01 AM
Web 1 is a very nice cover... but it still has gargoyles.
There should be a mandatory moratorium on bases with gargoyles.

dr.doom
12-10-2005, 12:08 PM
dr.doom:
This is one of my very favorite Spidey pics, and I would love to see something like this:
I agree with you,my dear Asgardian friend :)
Are you ready for your BRB bust?;)
But remember,the campaign for BRB is not fnished,we absolutely need a FS of this great character;)
B.O.T.H.!!!!

Grimsinful
12-10-2005, 12:16 PM
Great news on Venom I am definitely getting it, and Spidey based off the Web of spiderman cover would be awesome.

randy bowen
12-10-2005, 12:23 PM
this wont be for awhile right?

Right. More toward the end of he Phz 3

Wolverine1
12-10-2005, 12:26 PM
Man, I was wanting this soon. I guess that will be enough time to get the black costume ready.

randy bowen
12-10-2005, 12:29 PM
Web 1 is a very nice cover... but it still has gargoyles.
There should be a mandatory moratorium on bases with gargoyles.

What would you suggest?

Wolverine1
12-10-2005, 12:38 PM
What would you suggest?
Something to do with water. Maybe his feet in water.

Bullseye
12-10-2005, 12:54 PM
dr.doom:
This is one of my very favorite Spidey pics, and I would love to see something like this:

I agree Dana that would rock. :)

pingoy82
12-10-2005, 12:58 PM
ummm sorry for asking,when does phase 3 end? is the marvel contract 2 years or 3 years? so it's either 2007 or 2008?

Bullseye
12-10-2005, 01:06 PM
I think in 2 years, so towards the end of 2007.

Leon
12-10-2005, 01:21 PM
This will be my first FS in years. It looks just too awesome not to buy!
Big fan of Bart Sears too, so win-win for me.
Bring it on!!! :buttrock:

risingstar
12-10-2005, 01:58 PM
What would you suggest?

John Romita Sr has often said that the best way to use Spiderman would be to keep him off the ground otherwise he isn't being used to his fullest... Why not make a statue that strikes at the core of a character nicknamed the "wall crawler" and "web swinger"?

The cover to Amazing Spiderman #70, though simple by today's standards, tells us a lot about the character even if we don't know much about him. He is not a typical hero.

http://tinypic.com/ieiezp.jpg

I like the idea of a wall or horizontal construction of some kind being used as the primary base because that could really only be done with Spidey. I also love the idea of Spidey being upside down. There are many variations of this theme.

If practicalities compel keeping Spidey on the ground, an exploding base might be an idea, like something that was just blown up by the Green Goblin's pumpkin bomb or just pulverized by Doc Ock's tentacles, for example, a water tower (as mention earlier by Wolvie1) or even a trashed NYc cab... Something smokey too, you know? This could show off Spidey's agility.

JMHO

Here are some other pics that I think use Spidey's distinct characteristics:

http://tinypic.com/iegvhu.jpg

http://tinypic.com/iegwur.jpg

http://tinypic.com/iegxms.jpg

As an aside, the Romita quote was from the video "The Romitas". It was an hour long Stan Lee interview with both Romita Sr and Jr. Please do feel free to ask for a copy as a good creator's reference piece on the era. I loved it as it was just as much about a love for the art of comics as it was about family. Stan Lee is also as hammy as ever. LOL

P.S. Sorry for the long post.

Daredevil
12-10-2005, 02:01 PM
- Black Spidey to match

NICE!

mfrancoiii
12-10-2005, 02:44 PM
i will definately be picking this up.

risingstar
12-10-2005, 02:46 PM
What would you suggest?

One other thought on the base... Maybe something like what you did with the Hawkeye would work... For example, on the base, you could have a Doc Ock Tentacle, a pile of sand and a bit of a green striped shirt, part of the vulture's wing, the Goblin's mask, Kingpin's cane, a cracked Mysterio's fishbowl head, a black costume piece, strands of webbing, and maybe a crumpled up Daily Bugle calling him a "wall crawling menace"... I think that could work better than a gargoyle bust. All this with a classic ready for action spidey pose. After all, he just went toe to toe with the sinister 12.

Spidey probably has the best rogue's gallery in comics.
This would be anamazing way to take advantage of that.
Also, I think Spidey fans would be all over this one.

Bullseye
12-10-2005, 02:48 PM
Spider-man = New York. :)

CompEng1
12-10-2005, 03:05 PM
I wouldn't sweat this as all. I'm definitley getting one and know that many others will too. It will be a small run most likely but I'll bet they sell out.

COI
12-10-2005, 03:35 PM
Venom is extremely popular, and Randy will have no problem selling this. Quality always sells.

risingstar
12-10-2005, 03:43 PM
Venom is extremely popular, and Randy will have no problem selling this. Quality always sells.

No one is implying that it wouldn't... It'll no doubt be beautiful.
The thought being expressed here is to merely suggest that perhaps the gargoyle base idea may have become something too generic.

It's just an opinion. It's not worth any more than yours.

:)

P.S. Think of all the great Spidey covers, pieces of art, and captivating moments on film and TV and ask yourself, what was he doing during those moments that made it as memorable...

migsmack
12-10-2005, 03:56 PM
I like the gargoyle base.

JSA
12-10-2005, 04:19 PM
OK - Kick the memories in folks - I saw posted here a long time ago, a sculptor's WIP
of Spiderman on the very top of a flagpole. It was amazingly awesome, and I think
that would be a fantastic base or version of Spidey for Mr. Bowen to pick up if possible.

Does anybody remember it or have any pictures of it to post? It was incredible.

JS :confused:

Bullseye
12-10-2005, 04:23 PM
It was an Attakus Spider-man JS. I'll see if i can find a picture.

Bullseye
12-10-2005, 04:24 PM
This one?
http://www.attakus.fr/?view=article&id=232

COI
12-10-2005, 04:27 PM
No one is implying that it wouldn't... It'll no doubt be beautiful.
The thought being expressed here is to merely suggest that perhaps the gargoyle base idea may have become something too generic.

It's just an opinion. It's not worth any more than yours.

:)

P.S. Think of all the great Spidey covers, pieces of art, and captivating moments on film and TV and ask yourself, what was he doing during those moments that made it as memorable...

Actually, I agree with you 100%. I responded while I was on page 1 of this thread, before all the base talk.

I should really learn to read the whole thread thru, before speaking. :laugh:

utappedout
12-10-2005, 05:51 PM
I'd buy one in a heartbeat!

Danno
12-10-2005, 06:07 PM
This is the Venom for me, I will get this for sure!!!!

I like the other Venom very much, but the pose is very similar to the Black Panther and Sabertooth. This new pose is pretty unique and sculpt looks extremely well done...so I'm sold.

Sniper
12-11-2005, 12:22 AM
I'm in...... like this one so far better than last Venom
indeed :buttrock:

claws181
12-11-2005, 12:34 AM
I can't wait to get mine!

Primal
12-11-2005, 12:35 AM
This is a great one! :buttrock: I just wish the spider logo was a bit more prominent.

Jerseydevil
12-11-2005, 12:41 AM
One other thought on the base... Maybe something like what you did with the Hawkeye would work... For example, on the base, you could have a Doc Ock Tentacle, a pile of sand and a bit of a green striped shirt, part of the vulture's wing, the Goblin's mask, Kingpin's cane, a cracked Mysterio's fishbowl head, a black costume piece, strands of webbing, and maybe a crumpled up Daily Bugle calling him a "wall crawling menace"... I think that could work better than a gargoyle bust. All this with a classic ready for action spidey pose. After all, he just went toe to toe with the sinister 12.

Spidey probably has the best rogue's gallery in comics.
This would be anamazing way to take advantage of that.
Also, I think Spidey fans would be all over this one.

RS: Very thoughtful post and great ideas. There's nothing wrong with suggestions to make something great even greater.