PDA

View Full Version : Plated or chromed characters

sons of set
12-09-2005, 08:45 PM
Should all Marvel busts and statues that have armor be plated and/ or chromed instead of using a metallic paint? Should this be the standard, instead of a potential exclusive product?
I think it would be nice to see the plated effect as the norm. Even if costs more. Yeah that's it.

Tetragrammaton
12-09-2005, 08:46 PM
Whatever looks good. Not everything should be chrome even amongst the metallic characters.

Colossus
12-09-2005, 08:47 PM
CHrome it!!!

msw313
12-09-2005, 08:49 PM
Whatever looks good. Not everything should be chrome even amongst the metallic characters.
I agree.

Wherever chrome is appropriate to the particular character's costume or accessories, it should be standard and NOT a variant.

twisterred
12-09-2005, 08:59 PM
No...chrome is a pain in the butt and should be used sparingly....IMO

Capt. America
12-09-2005, 09:43 PM
I agree.

Wherever chrome is appropriate to the particular character's costume or accessories, it should be standard and NOT a variant.
ABSOLUTLY AGREE

Jesse321
12-09-2005, 11:11 PM
I agree ... Wherever chrome is appropriate to the particular character's costume or accessories, it should be standard and NOT a variant.Absolutely, where chroming is appropriate like a FS GOLD CHROME NOVA or a Jocasta for example :eplus2: it should be used ... but metalic paints like the green used for the armed Electro are great too ... an Ant-Man with a chromed helmet would look AWESOME! :D

risingstar
12-09-2005, 11:42 PM
I want chrome boobs on the Valkyrie bust.
Poiny projectile types too, like those things Madonna used to wear... LOL

Dj-B13
12-09-2005, 11:43 PM
I want chrome boobs on the Valkyrie bust.
Poiny projectile types too, like those things Madonna used to wear... LOL

hahaha~!! :laugh: :buttrock:

WolverineX77
12-10-2005, 03:19 AM
I think the claws on every Wolverine FS & MB by BD should've been chromed. Those things are portrayed as very shiny in the comics, so why not make it so with the FSs & MBs of Mr. Logan?

WJLeary
12-10-2005, 11:34 AM
That is a good point! Wolverine should have a version with chrome laws!!! That would be cool.

Nightcrawler777
12-10-2005, 11:57 AM
Chrome is Evil.. :mad:

Jesse321
12-10-2005, 12:02 PM
That is a good point! Wolverine should have a version with chrome laws!!! That would be cool.Oh god not another Wolverine variant :banghead:

risingstar
12-10-2005, 12:08 PM
Oh god not another Wolverine variant :banghead:

Another Wolverine variant on a gargoyle bust....

Daywalker
12-10-2005, 01:31 PM
chrome is good in moderation - it looks great for certain pieces - on others is over done ( ie - overdone on chrome colosuss ) some chars would look good with a small amount of chrome in the right spots ( ie iron man w/ chrome suit - dr doom with chrome armor - colosus with chromed skin only )

msw313
12-11-2005, 01:34 AM
chrome is good in moderation - it looks great for certain pieces - on others is over done ( ie - overdone on chrome colosuss ) some chars would look good with a small amount of chrome in the right spots ( ie iron man w/ chrome suit - dr doom with chrome armor - colosus with chromed skin only )
Chrome on Colossus (both FS and mini-statue) was overdone. Chrome is appropriate on the exposed "skin", but his costume does not transform to metal when his body does, so should have been just painted.

claws181
12-11-2005, 01:37 AM
I think the claws on every Wolverine FS & MB by BD should've been chromed. Those things are portrayed as very shiny in the comics, so why not make it so with the FSs & MBs of Mr. Logan?
I agree with ya on that.

WolverineX77
12-11-2005, 02:43 AM
WJ, Claws, thanks for agreeing with me. And Jesse, I'm not talking about variants. Lord knows I can't stand 'em myself. I was just stating on how cool and appropriate chrome claws on Wolverine FSs & MBs would be. :) Hope Randy reads this and takes it into consideration. :buttrock: And I agree about Colossus. The costume shouldn't've been chromed. That's why I bought the painted version, which IMO looks awesome.