PDA

View Full Version : X-Box 360 Wave 2 at Best Buy on Dec 18th

grendelscott
12-12-2005, 04:44 AM
Ok, here's the deal. Best Buy is getting another load of 360s in this coming Sunday, and someone has figured out how many each BB will receive.

First, go to the Best Buy page, and do a store locator lookup. Here's the link...Store Locator (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=cat12090&type=page). "I already know where my nearest store is", you say, but the locator will show you the store number.

Once you get that, go to this site (http://www.xboxtoday.ca/12092005/19/xbox_360_allocation_numbers_for_best_buy) for the listing of all of the Best Buy stores' allocations. Just look for those store numbers near you and see how many they are supposedly getting...Some only are only getting 20 or so, while others are getting 70-80.

Hope this helps at least one parent out there that missed out because of the 360 investors...

Ghost
12-12-2005, 06:51 AM
Very kewl news GS. I'm still not getting one, but that seems like a big Nelson "Haw haw" for those that never expected to get another shipment before Xmas.

MiamiLoco
12-12-2005, 07:07 AM
thanks for the heads up GrendelScott, but is that a rumour or is that accurate? I don't want to wake up early on Sunday and make a line for nothing :(

sith lord utinni!
12-12-2005, 07:41 AM
It's NOT a rumor. The actual BB corporate sheet was shown on other web sites illustrating that BB stores will be getting a big shipment in this friday and they are to hold all their stores 360's until Sunday because the 360 is going to be advertised in this Sunday's BB sales ad and the ad will be saying that it gurantees 20 systems to be in stock.

Dj-B13
12-12-2005, 10:37 AM
Thank you for the info! :buttrock:

fenix v.2.0
12-13-2005, 05:02 AM
Damn!!!! Store # 326 looks like they're getting 104 XBoX.

kirthew
12-13-2005, 05:07 AM
Already got one... and it is sitting on the shelf while my attention is on World of Warcraft... after the wow factor of playing it for about 5 hours this weekend... I was done until I get Madden...

Dj-B13
12-13-2005, 09:40 AM
Hopefully I will be able to get this this coming week! :buttrock:

sith lord utinni!
12-13-2005, 12:27 PM
If I don't get it this weekend than I am saying screw it and just sticking to my xbox. I tried to give Microsoft my $400+ and they didn't seem to want it very bad ( no F'en systems on the shelves to buy). :banghead:

kirthew
12-13-2005, 02:34 PM
If I don't get it this weekend than I am saying screw it and just sticking to my xbox. I tried to give Microsoft my $400+ and they didn't seem to want it very bad ( no F'en systems on the shelves to buy). :banghead:

Oh they want your money... trust me... they want your money. I think that the Xbox is just a nice pretty thing right now... I dont think there are going to be any stellar games until Feb or March... I was on the fence about getting one at release... and then Jenna had the chance at work to get one and we jumped at it... we bought three games from the company store... and none of them are stellar titles... they are beautiful... and gameplay is fine.. just nothing that says... WOW...

My point is this... If your on the fence... wait... If you want one... get in line on the 18th.

thecallahan
12-13-2005, 02:42 PM
Thanks. I might try and get there around an hour before they open but no way in hell am I gonna be camping out or the like.

sith lord utinni!
12-13-2005, 02:56 PM
Yeah, I'm not camping out either. It's BS to have to camp out to get one when they should be readily available to the point atleast where they would have some on the shelves for a day or two after stocking them. I'll try to get one on the 18th but I doubt I will get one. The closest BB to me is getting 24 systems and I just went to Target this morning where they told me that they had some 4 systems yesterday morning and there were 20 people lined up outside before they opened. So, there is 16 people right there who will still be looking to get one on the 18th. Add to that number the countless others that are looking too and I think you see where I'm headed with this. This whole 2nd launch thing BB is doing is beyond stupid. It is just gonna turn into another fiasco just like launch day. BB is just gonna p*ss alot of people off, have an angry mob of people who don't get one, and are gonna lose alot of customers after it's all said and done. Oh, one more think, here's a little story from my trip to Target that just really P*ssed me off. I asked the dude working in electronics if they had gotten any systems in this week yet and after he told me about them having 4 in yesterday morning the little pr*ck said and I quote "I wan't working yesterday morning though. Man, if I could get my hands on a 360 I would be selling it on ebay, keeping all the money, and then just buy another 360 in a couple months". That right there does not help matters for those of us looking when the freakin' employees are trying to buy them all up to sell on ebay!!!!! :mad:

Zurbaran1
12-13-2005, 03:09 PM
..when the freakin' employees are trying to buy them all up to sell on ebay!!!!! :mad:

Yeah! and preventing the customers from buying them all up to sell on ebay. The nerve. :laugh: :laugh:

El Diablo
12-13-2005, 03:51 PM
well I hope there`s some left over for the u.k. though I doubt it after the pitiful amount that arrived here in the first batch :banghead:

MiamiLoco
12-13-2005, 03:54 PM
Ebay? I checked recently and the prices are getting lower and lower and I imagine that after Sunday, it's going to be probably lower, so if anyone is thinking about getting one to sell on Ebay, they should reconsider.

nexus
12-13-2005, 06:58 PM
If I happen to walk into a store and one falls on my head (i.e. they're on the shelves), then yes. Otherwise, will probably get one in Feb/March when they are plentiful and in stock. But will preorder the PS3 this time.

Duke
12-17-2005, 04:59 PM
Ok, here's the deal. Best Buy is getting another load of 360s in this coming Sunday, and someone has figured out how many each BB will receive.

First, go to the Best Buy page, and do a store locator lookup. Here's the link...Store Locator (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=cat12090&type=page). "I already know where my nearest store is", you say, but the locator will show you the store number.

Once you get that, go to this site (http://www.xboxtoday.ca/12092005/19/xbox_360_allocation_numbers_for_best_buy) for the listing of all of the Best Buy stores' allocations. Just look for those store numbers near you and see how many they are supposedly getting...Some only are only getting 20 or so, while others are getting 70-80.

Hope this helps at least one parent out there that missed out because of the 360 investors...

Just to let everyone know, some of those numbers are incorrect, I work at Best Buy, and our shippment is about 4 times what is listed on that site.

Duke
12-17-2005, 05:02 PM
Yeah, I'm not camping out either. It's BS to have to camp out to get one when they should be readily available to the point atleast where they would have some on the shelves for a day or two after stocking them. I'll try to get one on the 18th but I doubt I will get one. The closest BB to me is getting 24 systems and I just went to Target this morning where they told me that they had some 4 systems yesterday morning and there were 20 people lined up outside before they opened. So, there is 16 people right there who will still be looking to get one on the 18th. Add to that number the countless others that are looking too and I think you see where I'm headed with this. This whole 2nd launch thing BB is doing is beyond stupid. It is just gonna turn into another fiasco just like launch day. BB is just gonna p*ss alot of people off, have an angry mob of people who don't get one, and are gonna lose alot of customers after it's all said and done. Oh, one more think, here's a little story from my trip to Target that just really P*ssed me off. I asked the dude working in electronics if they had gotten any systems in this week yet and after he told me about them having 4 in yesterday morning the little pr*ck said and I quote "I wan't working yesterday morning though. Man, if I could get my hands on a 360 I would be selling it on ebay, keeping all the money, and then just buy another 360 in a couple months". That right there does not help matters for those of us looking when the freakin' employees are trying to buy them all up to sell on ebay!!!!! :mad:

My store doesn't let us do that. I hate people who flip anything, statues, systems, etc. It's just wrong and screws everyone. I'm waiting to get mine anyway till Elder Scrolls: Oblivion comes out, its gonna rock! :buttrock:

grendelscott
12-17-2005, 11:56 PM
My store doesn't let us do that. I hate people who flip anything, statues, systems, etc. It's just wrong and screws everyone. I'm waiting to get mine anyway till Elder Scrolls: Oblivion comes out, its gonna rock! :buttrock:

Elder Scrolls looks great! I will be waiting to get a 360 until more games are out, and probably for the PS3 to come out, because MS will probably drop the price a bit...

Ghost
12-18-2005, 02:32 AM
Elder Scrolls looks great! I will be waiting to get a 360 until more games are out, and probably for the PS3 to come out, because MS will probably drop the price a bit...

Yeah, either that or pack in some games with the system like they did with the original when they released it with the better controller and 2 games.

grendelscott
12-18-2005, 04:11 AM
My girlfriend was there 4 hours ago (8:30ish local time) and there were already about 30 people lined up..

Zurbaran1
12-18-2005, 04:13 AM
My girlfriend was there 4 hours ago (8:30ish local time) and there were already about 30 people lined up..

Crazy. I can wait.

marvelboi77
12-18-2005, 07:34 PM
Here in LA they handed out papers yestereday to guarantee you one the next day. So when I showed up at 7:00Am there was 1 line with 150 people and then another line with people with the white papers. There was not one left over for the 150 people in the other line. Some how I don't really think that's fair if someone showed up yesterday at 4:00PM and stood in line for 4 hours so they handed the people slips so that they did not have to stay out in the cold. See that would have been deternts for alot of people, so some other could of had it today. I mean they didn't advertise that they would hand out slips. Both stores that I went to today did the same thing.

sith lord utinni!
12-19-2005, 02:21 AM
It's getting really ridiculous. This is the worst launch. I'm about to just spend my 360 money on other stuff. Maybe in like 5 or 6 more months stores will be getting more than 2-5 systems per shipment (what a freakin' joke) and you will be able to just walk in and find one on the shelf.

Dj-B13
12-19-2005, 08:24 AM

Oh good Grief! :confused2

nexus
12-19-2005, 09:58 AM
It is like the world is playing Microsoft's game. :laugh: I wonder if this is happening in Japan and Europe as well. Or just the states. The console will probably be outclassed by the PS3, but trickling out units so that the media can show hundreds of people standing in lines is just feeding the hype machine, changing the perceived value of the thing, and just plain shameful in my opinion if MS is actually artificially holding down inventory levels. At the end of the day, it's just another console -- sharper graphics, better sound, and a few more features that probably 70% of buyers will never use. I have no problem having the kids wait til February, March, etc. He doesn't really care anyway, because he's got a PS2, PSP, super powerful computer, and more games than he can play in a year. I'll buy one when it makes sense but will not pay one dime over retail.

Dj-B13
12-19-2005, 10:29 AM
I bet they are haha~!!!

and they are having a blast also. :laugh:

sith lord utinni!
12-19-2005, 11:20 AM
Well, if after Christmas stores all of a sudden start getting huge shipments in then you know that Microsoft was intentionaly holding systems back to create demand and a false shortage problem for Christmas time.

grendelscott
12-19-2005, 04:16 PM
The same thing happened when the ps2 came out. Everyone wanted one, tons were on eBay at lame prices, and they eventually were available around Feb/March. I bet the same will happen with the 360.

Monkey
12-19-2005, 05:27 PM
I got one sunday the machine is a beast!

Monkey
www.modelmonkeys.com

thecallahan
12-20-2005, 04:54 PM
I went around looking but the lines were too long already so I knew I wouldn't get one. Got a new ipod instead :buttrock:

Tony Coca
12-20-2005, 08:17 PM
I went around looking but the lines were too long already so I knew I wouldn't get one. Got a new ipod instead :buttrock:
I could have gotten you one for cheaper.

kirthew
12-20-2005, 08:35 PM
I could have gotten you one for cheaper.

How much cheaper?

Tony Coca
12-20-2005, 08:38 PM
How much cheaper?
New 20gig for $175

thecallahan
12-20-2005, 09:38 PM
I got the 60 gig tho

kirthew
12-21-2005, 01:38 PM
New 20gig for $175

You taking them off the truck?

Speaking of which... when does the new season of the Sopranos start?

kirthew
12-21-2005, 03:35 PM
Oh... I have been hearing rumblings that Best Buy is getting another shipment today or tomorrow...

Wayne Industries
12-21-2005, 11:23 PM
nice system with pretty good graphics....Aaot of bugs though...at least for the NBA game...not worth the insane hype IMO

cap70
12-26-2005, 04:28 PM
My xbox360 have been running smoothly since I opened. No heating, no freezing, nada. Only smooth game play and awesome graphics. In fact, I just can't stop playing CODII! :banghead:

kirthew
12-27-2005, 02:24 PM
My xbox360 have been running smoothly since I opened. No heating, no freezing, nada. Only smooth game play and awesome graphics. In fact, I just can't stop playing CODII! :banghead:

For me I cannot stop getting my butt handed to me in Madden 2006... Everytime I think I am going to win a game... I get beat... just last night.. 21 - 21... and Orlindo Mare is setting up for a game winning 37 yard field goal... 7 seconds left in the game... and I hit the stupid post... My opponent scored in overtime winning 27 - 21...