PDA

View Full Version : Repaired Statue

Bartholomew
12-13-2005, 06:30 PM
Hey how do you know if a statue has been repaired since some people do such a good job at it. Are there any tell tale signs besides paint differences?

And are all Bowen statues and busts painted by hand? If so are they painted with brushes, or with airbrushes?

Curious... :)

High Lord Apocalypse
12-13-2005, 06:35 PM
usually when i break statues and sell it, i use a complicated procedure called adheroneutronicplastoanastamoses. so basically i superglue it, very tedious, very, very tedious.
just kidding, have no clue about any of you queastions. :)

CKinSD
12-13-2005, 07:06 PM
sometimes you cannot tell if a statue has been repaired if done by a master.

risingstar
12-13-2005, 07:50 PM
Sometimes, the repairs are done at the source, that is, where the statues are actually made before they're even shipped...

StatueItis
12-13-2005, 07:58 PM
It is tough to match the paint perfect so there might be a slight but noticeable difference in the colors. Plus, there is usually also a difference in the shine, to glossy or flat.

If it was a good fix and you can hardly tell, hey some of the paint jobs I have seen lately, the fix just might be better.

patrickwm68
12-13-2005, 09:19 PM
I once bought a Thor Bust on eBay for $250.00, seller listed it as mint, it was so far from it. There was crazy glue down the side of his head from the wings which looked like they had been broken a few times and reglued and scratches and chips on the cape touched up with a red sharpie. Luckily he gave me all my money back including shipping. He said he was selling it for someone else and they said it was mint. My opinion, if you can't tell if it was repaired, don't worry about it. Try a jewelers loop.