PDA

View Full Version : So many signatures.....hmmmmmm

CaptCracker
12-13-2005, 10:21 PM
Ok, I've noticed that there's alot of "signed" peices out. It isn't hard for anyone to get a "signed" peice if you live in the U.S.
For those who don't know an extra $10 will get you RB initials for any sculpts he puts work into. Write it on your fax or call and request it or email it in.....it's that easy. I'm not sure but I don't think you even have to be a club member.

I say lets make it more difficult to get a signed peice..........anyone, any ideas??

This is my idea:
How about a random 50 signatures for busts and a random 40 signatures for FS, any number to anyone in BDCC. No more asking and drop the $10 fee.

I love surprises :)

Statuesque Fellow
12-13-2005, 10:39 PM
??? What would be the point of that ???

insomniac
12-13-2005, 10:43 PM
Why would Randy want to do this? He would be giving up valuable time for nothing.

High Lord Apocalypse
12-13-2005, 10:48 PM
And Valuable Cash. Probably Well Over 50k A Year For Just $10 A Signature.
And Besides You Guys Should Probably Check Out The Thread For The - Full Size Chrome. Though I Doubt Randy Will Sign It For $10 Bucks Since He Had Very Little In The Creation Of This Nutty Piece!!!!

marvelboi77
12-13-2005, 10:56 PM
If Randy will sign it and people will pay $10 I say give people what they want.

JavOner
12-13-2005, 11:04 PM
Ok, I've noticed that there's alot of "signed" peices out. It isn't hard for anyone to get a "signed" peice if you live in the U.S.
For those who don't know an extra $10 will get you RB initials for any sculpts he puts work into. Write it on your fax or call and request it or email it in.....it's that easy. I'm not sure but I don't think you even have to be a club member.

I say lets make it more difficult to get a signed peice..........anyone, any ideas??

This is my idea:
How about a random 50 signatures for busts and a random 40 signatures for FS, any number to anyone in BDCC. No more asking and drop the $10 fee.

This idea su*k why would you care if someone has their FS or MB sign. Bad idea :mad: :thumbsdow

CaptCracker
12-13-2005, 11:13 PM
This idea su*k why would you care if someone has their FS or MB sign. Bad idea :mad: :thumbsdow
WOW!! Okay :rolleyes2
I'm taking it as you get every peice you can signed

JavOner
12-13-2005, 11:16 PM
WOW!! Okay :rolleyes2
I'm taking it as you get every peice you can signed

Its not that, its a matter of choice. And by putting a limmit on sign items, its not fair for the ones who want theirs sign. And i do get stuff sign and not just bowen.

marvelboi77
12-13-2005, 11:20 PM
I guess it really doesn't matter, it's Randy's business and his preference.

Statuesque Fellow
12-13-2005, 11:40 PM
Well..to sign these 50 pieces or whatever, BD would have to pop them open after they arrive sealed from the factory. They wouldn't be able to sell them as new and sealed. Plus, it would take extra time and they wouldn't be able to get them to the distributors as fast. The ones he signs now are for direct web site sales and arent required to go out as quickly.

Ish
12-13-2005, 11:43 PM
i'm not into signatures, with those $10 i can buy myself a happy meal, or go to the movies or something.

CaptCracker
12-13-2005, 11:46 PM
Its not that, its a matter of choice. And by putting a limmit on sign items, its not fair for the ones who want theirs sign. And i do get stuff sign and not just bowen.
Nothing really isn't fair.
If they want a signed peice I'm sure they could get it.
And you can't blame anyone for flipping a signed peice, they just happened to get one.

kierbaudy
12-13-2005, 11:52 PM
I think signatures usually add to the value. It makes it more enticing to buy directly from Bowen if it is a nonexclusive piece if you can get him to sign it. I think $10 is very reasonable for a signed piece. I don't know any other place you can get something like this unless it's standing on line somewhere. I wished I knew about this, because I would have bought every bowen piece from his site rather than dealers who were cheaper. :peoples:

CaptCracker
12-13-2005, 11:53 PM
Well..to sign these 50 pieces or whatever, BD would have to pop them open after they arrive sealed from the factory. They wouldn't be able to sell them as new and sealed. Plus, it would take extra time and they wouldn't be able to get them to the distributors as fast. The ones he signs now are for direct web site sales and arent required to go out as quickly.
Yeah....I mentioned that he should also only sign for BDCC too.
If it means lowering the amount if signitures, fine.

Deadpool
12-14-2005, 12:15 AM
i'm not into signatures, with those $10 i can buy myself a happy meal, or go to the movies or something.

That's an expensive happy meal! :laugh:

nolilia
12-14-2005, 12:20 AM

This is my idea:

Are you Randy Bowen? I thought you will be back on the 23rd? j/k

:laugh:

Capt. America
12-14-2005, 12:23 AM

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

CaptCracker
12-14-2005, 12:38 AM

:laugh: :laugh: I've reading to many of his posts :laugh:

twisterred
12-14-2005, 01:09 AM
not an inspired idea.

C. Bormann
12-14-2005, 03:03 AM
Randy has stated several times: The $10 fee is not for the signature. It is for the handling fee to unpack the statue or bust, inspect it for damage, repackage the piece after signature and then price the package for return shipping (on items mailed to BD). This takes time away from the normal operation of business.

There is NO FEE for pieces signed at conventions. Because you unpack and handle your own items.

migsmack
12-14-2005, 03:08 AM
Randy has stated several times: The $10 fee is not for the signature. It is for the handling fee to unpack the statue or bust, inspect it for damage, repackage the piece after signature and then price the package for return shipping (on items mailed to BD).

There is NO FEE for pieces signed at conventions. Because you unpack and handle your own items.

I think I have a picture of you at SDCC 2004 with like a dozen busts in a duffle bag all nicely bundled ready for randy to make his mark. I might have deleted that one cuz we all looked kinda nerdy standing in line there. then again the entire convetion floor was sorta nerdy... :buttrock:

C. Bormann
12-14-2005, 03:11 AM
I think I have a picture of you at SDCC 2004 with like a dozen busts in a duffle bag all nicely bundled ready for randy to make his mark. I might have deleted that one cuz we all looked kinda nerdy standing in line there. then again the entire convetion floor was sorta nerdy... :buttrock:
Are you trying to say that I'll see you there again in July?

migsmack
12-14-2005, 03:30 AM
I may get down there this summer. I do have a few statues in mind that I would like to get signed. Big G, Classic BP, Hurloon Minotaur, and both SS. I may even check out more of the artist area as I didn't get to do that as much last time.

But that's a wayz off to make plans now. Hell I might be in Maui instead.

Tattoo-X
12-14-2005, 05:16 AM
Leave the system for signed pieces the way it is.

I could care less if I find a signed piece.

I do get some busts, cards, comics, etc signed buy artists, creators, actors, etc.
It's fun to meet the person and have them sign something. Those items mean more to me than one that is just sent.

BTW, within 5 months all my busts on my "Creators Signature Bust Shelf" will be signed. :buttrock: