PDA

View Full Version : Thanos- MFR. Packaging mistake .

Jameshowlett
12-14-2005, 04:44 PM
One of my sellers ran into a litle trouble when they got their 30 Thanos FS , Heres what he told me:
they put the tissue paper on in china before paint was completely dry and the paint job is off or smudged in a few places on the statue. We contacted Randy and even sent him digital pics as per his request. He said a few other retailers have reported the same problem.

Just wondering how many memebers ,if any, will get one of these. :banghead:

Bullseye
12-14-2005, 04:46 PM
Hopefully not mine.

Wolverine1
12-14-2005, 04:54 PM
Hopefully not mine.
Ditto!

dr.doom
12-14-2005, 05:10 PM
I hope not mine...however incredible mistake from chinese factory..

Jameshowlett
I've never had to return a statue for that reason, I wonder how long it would take before the statue came back.1 week?

Krypton Knight
Didn't have that problem with mine.

Jameshowlett
12-14-2005, 05:18 PM
Just got word-out of 30 statues they have 3 that are passable. They are waiting to hear from Randy as apparantly and unfortunatley it is a wide spread problem.he even suggested a recall?

mwf6171
12-14-2005, 05:21 PM
James, you should send me your Thanos statue, you will never be happy with it. Don't even open to check. I will PM you my address!! :eplus2:

Jameshowlett
12-14-2005, 05:22 PM
Didn't have that problem with mine.
You mean besides the hole in the back? :laugh: I'm glad yours has no problems.I hope that is not as widespread as it seems.

Jameshowlett
12-14-2005, 05:23 PM
MWF- thats soo nice of you , I'll send it out asap!

mwf6171
12-14-2005, 05:29 PM
MWF- thats soo nice of you , I'll send it out asap!
I do what I can to help a brother out!! :laugh:

Jameshowlett
12-14-2005, 05:35 PM
:laugh:

migsmack
12-14-2005, 06:09 PM
I just unpacked mine and it's awsome no paint on the tissue. tiny butt hole that's about it.

kirthew
12-14-2005, 06:28 PM
I just unpacked mine and it's awsome no paint on the tissue. tiny butt hole that's about it.

Same problem as Krypton Knight... Hmmm... This could be a bad bad sign for this statue.. holes in the backs... and tissue paper on wet paint....

migsmack
12-14-2005, 06:32 PM
Same problem as Krypton Knight... Hmmm... This could be a bad bad sign for this statue.. holes in the backs... and tissue paper on wet paint....

I don't want to send mine back. :banghead:
I'll have to see what RB says on the matter.

Jameshowlett
12-14-2005, 06:36 PM
What do you guys think the deal is with the hole? Could it have been for something attched to his back?But Thanos does'nt have anything on his back i don't think.To me it's no big deal cause it's in the back, but seems strange that Randy would miss something like that before Thanos was sent to manufacturing.

migsmack
12-14-2005, 06:40 PM
What do you guys think the deal is with the hole? Could it have been for something attched to his back?But Thanos does'nt have anything on his back i don't think.To me it's no big deal cause it's in the back, but seems strange that Randy would miss something like that before Thanos was sent to manufacturing.

it appears that it was where the statue was attached for stability while sculpting. the hole itself is not noticeable unless you turn him upside down it is tucked up underneath his skirt...

dr.doom
12-14-2005, 06:41 PM
I hope the haste of this period to shipping all the sculpts of phase II before the end of Dec. cause of the license,doesn't make the chinese factories to do some mistakes for these last sculpts,such as Thanos,the Vision,Spidey and the other busts...

Wicked
12-14-2005, 06:44 PM
I don't know if anyone noticed this on the bowen home page but, Thanos (in the BD logo) has bright red eyes. Looks like some kind of red led light of some sort.
Has anyone tried to poke a needle in the hole ? Maybe a button of some sort.

dr.doom
12-14-2005, 06:49 PM
Poor Thanos..a needle in his hole... :eek: :D

Starvenger
12-14-2005, 06:56 PM
I don't know if anyone noticed this on the bowen home page but, Thanos (in the BD logo) has bright red eyes. Looks like some kind of red led light of some sort.
Has anyone tried to poke a needle in the hole ? Maybe a button of some sort.

Interesting theory and very perceptive of you to notice the red eyes. I doubt the eyes would actually light up but that would be pretty cool.

Wicked
12-14-2005, 06:57 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Wicked
12-14-2005, 06:57 PM
Has anyone tried it yet ?

Krypton Knight
12-14-2005, 07:08 PM
On the Bowen homepage it looks like the eyes were Photoshopped red. On the order page for Thanos, when you click on one of the pics to get a bigger view it's not that way.

etho
12-14-2005, 07:09 PM
One of my sellers ran into a litle trouble when they got their 30 Thanos FS , Heres what he told me:
they put the tissue paper on in china before paint was completely dry and the paint job is off or smudged in a few places on the statue. We contacted Randy and even sent him digital pics as per his request. He said a few other retailers have reported the same problem.

HMMM...that's weird...I'm in NJ and my LCS (they deal directly with Bowen, not through Diamond) gave me the same story, almost word for word. This is exactly what they told me:

"THANOS NEWS:
We received all 30 pieces in today but we have a major problem with our order. We checked in all 30 pieces today and all 30 pieces have the same problem..... they put the tissue paper on in china before paint was completely dry and the paint job is off or smudged in a few places on the statue. 3 We have 3 pieces that are barely passable but we are waiting to hear from bowen. We have found out this is a widespread problem and they are trying to figure out what to do. Might be a recall?"

Does this seem weird to anyone else????
How do two LCS on opposite ends of the country have the same exact problem, with the same exact number of pieces that are bad, the same exact number of pieces that are passable, and use the same (practically) exact wording in their explaination to their customer???

Thoughts anyone...

-E-

marvelboi77
12-14-2005, 07:13 PM
It's a conspiracy.

dr.doom
12-14-2005, 07:18 PM
wow...incredible...

The General
12-14-2005, 07:21 PM
I'm sure mine will be one of the smudged ones. There has been too many paint issues in this phase. RB needs to go back to who ever used to paint in phase 1. The phase 1 paint jobs are way better IMO than this phase. I'll be very surprised if it turns out RB is still using the same place he used in phase 1. It looks like he might have switched factorys or something because the quality has dropped off IMO. Quality control my ass.

Bullseye
12-14-2005, 07:23 PM
I just hope mine is one of the good ones. I don't want to wait again like we had to for Classic Black Panter.

Wolverine1
12-14-2005, 07:26 PM
I just hope mine is one of the good ones. I don't want to wait again like we had to for Classic Black Panter.
About waiting, how many do you think will get them and just keep it and get some one to repaint it? Some people don't like the paint colors anyways, I love the color myself.

Achiever
12-14-2005, 07:32 PM
Who cares if we have to wait? The main thing is that this problem should be put right, waiting or not. I'm sure Randy will do right by us.

Bullseye
12-14-2005, 07:35 PM
Man its expensive enough as it is including shipping without having to spend another $300 to get someone to paint it again.

Bullseye
12-14-2005, 07:36 PM
Who cares if we have to wait? The main thing is that this problem should be put right, waiting or not. I'm sure Randy will do right by us.

I care. I was hoping to watch the Polar Express with Thanos on Christmas day :laugh:

Wolverine1
12-14-2005, 07:37 PM
I care. I was hoping to watch the Polar Express with Thanos on Christmas day :laugh:

Well, that is a Christmas party right there! :laugh:

randy bowen
12-14-2005, 07:40 PM
Before everyone starts making speculations, we just want to set the story straight...

We have received a few reports of slightly irregular paint jobs on the Thanos statue. If you find any irregularities on your statue please contact your place of purchase for assistance.

So lets not start a panic...BD will take care of issues that may arise.

kirthew
12-14-2005, 07:42 PM
Before everyone starts making speculations, we just want to set the story straight...

We have received a few reports of slightly irregular paint jobs on the Thanos statue. If you find any irregularities on your statue please contact your place of purchase for assistance.

BD will take care of issues that may arise.

Hey... your suppose to be scuba diving... Get outta here.. :)

Achiever
12-14-2005, 07:44 PM
Too funny. "Hey Thanos, you want something from the fridge while I'm up?" :laugh:

Bullseye
12-14-2005, 07:46 PM
Too funny. "Hey Thanos, you want something from the fridge while I'm up?" :laugh:

Hell that'll be his job. Infinity Gauntlet my ass. :laugh:

wizard-comics
12-14-2005, 07:49 PM
hey Randy I thought you had left to go diving?...are you coming to the islands?

not that I'll stalk you or anything :eplus2:

speedracer
12-14-2005, 07:52 PM
We recieved on in our LCS..it looked great..=)..unfortunately it wasn't my piece..=(..hope mine comes soon..=)

wizard-comics
12-14-2005, 07:53 PM
I really wanted to get one of the ones the Shiflet bros. will get, have them both sign it....not sure if it'll be able to afford any more right now..that Thanos is Bad @$$ though...I am just loving all the baddies in Full Size

1logan
12-14-2005, 07:54 PM
I doubt Rany typed that.....hope everything works out for everyone ok.....its what we deserve for buying a worshipper of death in the Christmas season!

wizard-comics
12-14-2005, 07:57 PM
I doubt Rany typed that.....

think it's Rocky typing?...

its what we deserve for buying a worshipper of death in the Christmas season!

:laugh:

kirthew
12-14-2005, 08:05 PM
think it's Rocky typing?...

Think Rocky would pass up a chance to head to tropical waters and away from rainy Oregon?

1logan
12-14-2005, 08:07 PM
......still not happy about the hole in the back....what's that all about!?

Bullseye
12-14-2005, 08:08 PM
......still not happy about the hole in the back....what's that all about!?

It doubles as a drinking vessel. :eplus2:

bat_collector
12-14-2005, 08:10 PM
I'll make sure you're thanos is ok before I send it out bullseye

wizard-comics
12-14-2005, 08:11 PM

don't do that!...Bullseye is Irish...he wants the drinking hole!

lord odin
12-14-2005, 08:12 PM
About waiting, how many do you think will get them and just keep it and get some one to repaint it? Some people don't like the paint colors anyways, I love the color myself.
I`m going to repaint mine anyway so as long as I get it undamaged I can care less about the paint job.

Jameshowlett
12-14-2005, 08:25 PM
HMMM...that's weird...I'm in NJ and my LCS (they deal directly with Bowen, not through Diamond) gave me the same story, almost word for word. This is exactly what they told me:

"THANOS NEWS:
We received all 30 pieces in today but we have a major problem with our order. We checked in all 30 pieces today and all 30 pieces have the same problem..... they put the tissue paper on in china before paint was completely dry and the paint job is off or smudged in a few places on the statue. 3 We have 3 pieces that are barely passable but we are waiting to hear from bowen. We have found out this is a widespread problem and they are trying to figure out what to do. Might be a recall?"

Does this seem weird to anyone else????
How do two LCS on opposite ends of the country have the same exact problem, with the same exact number of pieces that are bad, the same exact number of pieces that are passable, and use the same (practically) exact wording in their explaination to their customer???

Thoughts anyone...

-E-

That is exactly the email I recieved. It's just the same seller, probably has a store or 2 as well as online.I won't say the name but I can pm you it.

nolilia
12-14-2005, 09:08 PM
We recieved on in our LCS..it looked great..=)..unfortunately it wasn't my piece..=(..hope mine comes soon..=)

speed,

what store do you buy your statues?

d rod
12-14-2005, 09:12 PM
I received a call from BD today. I'm the farthest from them so I"m the last to received them so I have no clue what I will get. As of right now, they don't know what they are going to do. I surely hope this doesn't go like the Punisher bust since I was really looking forward to this piece.

rychehitman
12-14-2005, 09:14 PM
Tahiti D rod?

So this is legit? That sucks! I was going to pass on this, but once I saw how massive he is, It turned into a must buy! I need to check my lcs's ASAP!

leks
12-14-2005, 09:19 PM
That does sound kinda bad... shame. I am sure they will take care of us but still annoying, ofcourse also for themselves, stilll looking forward to it. Who takes the fall in such a case? I mean its going to take some dough to set straight. Wouldnot be surprised if the oilprice went up again :( ;)

risingstar
12-14-2005, 10:00 PM
Guys, let's wait a week or so before we make any more speculations.
Right now, we're only talking about 50 (maybe even less) statues out of 2000.

BD deserves way more than just the benefit of a doubt on this one.
He's about to go on a long awaited vacation.
We could hold out until he gets back, can't we?
Most of us (including me) don't even have our Thanos statue yet.

ABE
12-14-2005, 10:03 PM
No paint problems on mine....everything was where it was supposed to be

Wolverine1
12-14-2005, 10:05 PM
I`m going to repaint mine anyway so as long as I get it undamaged I can care less about the paint job.
I knew you would. Who you thinking about painting it for you?

insomniac
12-14-2005, 11:05 PM

I had similar problems with a Doc Oct. mini bust and Painted Colossus full size. The Colossus wasn't too bad but the Doc. Oct. imperfections have always bugged me.

High Lord Apocalypse
12-14-2005, 11:07 PM
I doubt Rany typed that.....hope everything works out for everyone ok.....its what we deserve for buying a worshipper of death in the Christmas season!
:eplus2: :eplus2:

lord odin
12-14-2005, 11:37 PM
I knew you would. Who you thinking about painting it for you?
I haven`t decided yet.

Ish
12-15-2005, 12:24 AM
wow that sucks i hope i don't get one of those!!

etho
12-15-2005, 12:51 AM
That is exactly the email I recieved. It's just the same seller, probably has a store or 2 as well as online.I won't say the name but I can pm you it.

Yup...it looks like we're talking about the same seller here.
My apologies for the misunderstanding.

-E-

Bullseye
12-15-2005, 06:00 AM
don't do that!...Bullseye is Irish...he wants the drinking hole!

Smart ass. :laugh:

Bullseye
12-15-2005, 06:00 AM

Cheers B_C. :buttrock:

fhurtado3627
12-15-2005, 02:15 PM

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Stef Jelos
12-15-2005, 02:27 PM
My Thanos is perfect...no paint, paper or other issues. Great statue!

fenix v.2.0
12-15-2005, 02:28 PM
My Thanos is perfect...no paint, paper or other issues. Great statue!
What about the hole on the back?

rychehitman
12-15-2005, 03:00 PM
HOw much is the "hole in the butt" variant going for?

Nightcrawler777
12-15-2005, 03:17 PM
HOw much is the "hole in the butt" variant going for?

Depends..

Is the Hole Chrome???

rychehitman
12-15-2005, 03:24 PM
oooh! Good idea!

risingstar
12-15-2005, 03:25 PM
If there were only 200 butt hole Thanos statues, would you want that one?

Nightcrawler777
12-15-2005, 03:26 PM
If there were only 200 butt hole Thanos statues, would you want that one?

Dear lord i hope nobody is that nuts...lol... :laugh:

risingstar
12-15-2005, 03:28 PM
Dear lord i hope nobody is that nuts...lol... :laugh:

You are joking, right? LOL
Would you actually be surprised if you saw the eBay heading "Rare butt hole Bowen Thanos statue only 200 made!"

Nightcrawler777
12-15-2005, 03:34 PM
You are joking, right? LOL
Would you actually be surprised if you saw the eBay heading "Rare butt hole Bowen Thanos statue only 200 made!"

Im sure Randy will love seeing a bunch of Auctions with the Words "Butt Hole Bowen" in the titles...

risingstar
12-15-2005, 03:44 PM
Im sure Randy will love seeing a bunch of Auctions with the Words "Butt Hole Bowen" in the titles...

I think the butt hole thing started a few pages back on this thread.
My view is if you can't see it, who cares?
That statue looks great!

High Lord Apocalypse
12-15-2005, 03:50 PM
the butthole full sizes would command $4050.00 easliy, if youre the first to put it up and the same guys who screwed up the first pv show up again!

rychehitman
12-15-2005, 06:13 PM
Well you know ...by the definition of completism preached on THIS VERY FORUM...if you do not have the Regular Version Thanos, and the Butt-Hole Variant of 200 version you can NO LONGER consider yourself a completist! :eplus2:

Scott Johansen
12-15-2005, 06:26 PM
I received mine yesterday! #30 No paint issues whatsoever other than I would have liked to see a little more color in the base. I do however have "the hole". Now before you guys panic on this one I have to say that I'd have probably never noticed it if not for this thread. It is like a pin hole. I would guess it happens during the manufacturing. Live with it........it's barely anything!! I got my Man-Thing on Monday and Thanos on Weds. Life is good!! Both are great statues!!!

Scott J.

Jameshowlett
12-15-2005, 07:45 PM
Thats sweet. Man-thing and Thanos in the same week! I'm still waiting to hear from my guy, but I'm kinda jazzed cause Abombination, WM and DD FS came last night so I had to move around a few Statues.

High Lord Apocalypse
12-16-2005, 02:34 AM
Well you know ...by the definition of completism preached on THIS VERY FORUM...if you do not have the Regular Version Thanos, and the Butt-Hole Variant of 200 version you can NO LONGER consider yourself a completist! :eplus2:
:laugh: :laugh:
preach on brotha!!!!!!

mwf6171
12-16-2005, 03:12 AM
Haven't heard anyone else with paint issues......perhaps you got the bad batch.....

Juggernaut
12-16-2005, 10:56 AM
Oh man, I pre- ordered one through a Diamond comics catalog. I hope mine does not have paint issues or a butt hole.

By the way is there any pics of the Thanos with butt hole?

CompEng1
12-16-2005, 11:58 AM
That's it! Time to decrease their working hours to only 21 hours a day. The extra rest should solve some of these issues.

High Lord Apocalypse
12-16-2005, 12:24 PM
no one gets away from the butthole!!!

etho
12-16-2005, 01:27 PM
Thats sweet. Man-thing and Thanos in the same week! I'm still waiting to hear from my guy, but I'm kinda jazzed cause Abombination, WM and DD FS came last night so I had to move around a few Statues.

James...I just heard back from my guy last night and he said the following:

"my guess is that the statues will have to be returned and repainted...... it may take a while but we will get resolved"

ummmm....does Bowen Designs even do this???
I've never heard of BD repainting a bad statue.

It looks like I'm gonna end up hunting for this one, unless they somehow end up getting a new batch of Thanos statues with good paint jobs.

-E-

Stef Jelos
12-16-2005, 01:35 PM
What about the hole on the back?

It's there...but you have to look for it. Wouldn't have noticed if I didn't read it here.

leks
12-16-2005, 01:46 PM
So ehm I suppose bowen sells buttplugs and how much are these? anyone? :eplus2: poor Thanos

Jameshowlett
12-16-2005, 05:25 PM
James...I just heard back from my guy last night and he said the following:

"my guess is that the statues will have to be returned and repainted...... it may take a while but we will get resolved"

ummmm....does Bowen Designs even do this???
I've never heard of BD repainting a bad statue.

It looks like I'm gonna end up hunting for this one, unless they somehow end up getting a new batch of Thanos statues with good paint jobs.

-E-
Man that sucks. I guess I'll wait for a while, if it gets to long I'll ask for a refund and buy one from somone that has it in hand.

High Lord Apocalypse
12-16-2005, 05:37 PM
So ehm I suppose bowen sells buttplugs and how much are these? anyone? :eplus2: poor Thanos
i heard the blue chrome buttplugs will a club exclusive but limited to 200.
but just to let you know its not natural to cover any holes that you were born with, in this thanos' hole. :eplus2:

giro
12-16-2005, 11:57 PM

I GOT ONE NO BIGGIE NOTHING WORTH RETURNING GREAT STATUE I COULD HAVE DANNO FIX IT IF IT GROWS ON ME :laugh:

Jameshowlett
12-17-2005, 12:12 AM
I GOT ONE NO BIGGIE NOTHING WORTH RETURNING GREAT STATUE I COULD HAVE DANNO FIX IT IF IT GROWS ON ME :laugh:
GLAD YOUR HAPPY, SO YOU MEAN YOU GOT ONE OF THE F*!# PAINT JOBS ? AND ITS NOT SO BAD. IS THAT WHAT YOUR SAYING?

Bartman256
12-17-2005, 07:45 PM
I received my Thanos Friday night (Bklyn, NY).

92/2000

No paint issues...butt hole present

giro
12-18-2005, 01:47 AM
GLAD YOUR HAPPY, SO YOU MEAN YOU GOT ONE OF THE F*!# PAINT JOBS ? AND ITS NOT SO BAD. IS THAT WHAT YOUR SAYING?

yes just a little blemish on his leg i really don't want to send it back if i ever want to get it fix do it later i hate sending stuff back unless its really bad 1st time that has happened to me hopefully the last , its not that bad , i can live with it for now , if i was to sell it , i would fix it 1st by one of the painters on the board.

Ish
12-18-2005, 01:50 AM

92/2000

No paint issues...butt hole present
whats the deal with the hole anyway? why is it there?

Bartman256
12-18-2005, 10:31 AM
whats the deal with the hole anyway? why is it there?

I believe it's where a supporting rod was (it's a really big, heavy piece). It's very small and cannot be seen unless held upside down.

Another theory I have is...it's actually a bong.

Avenger
12-18-2005, 10:34 AM
:eek: :laugh: No wonder they are sold out.

Jameshowlett
12-18-2005, 04:33 PM
I believe it's where a supporting rod was (it's a really big, heavy piece). It's very small and cannot be seen unless held upside down.

Sweet.A two for one statue. is it 4:20 yet? Ah screw it I can't wait. :laugh:

rychehitman
12-18-2005, 04:37 PM

butt hole present

That is too funny! :laugh:

JadeGiant
12-18-2005, 05:47 PM
New acronym for the forum:

BHB: Butt Hole Bowen

I am getting a disturbing picture of everyone rushing to flip their statues over to check for butt holes.

the fog
12-19-2005, 07:54 PM
Just wondering Who saw the hole in Thanos' butt in the first place?
Just want to be aware of this person so I'm not standing in a line at a convention in front of them.
No, I didn't order this statue, was going to but to much ordered at the time it went up.
Will buy it at a show later in 2006.

Grumpy
12-19-2005, 08:01 PM
it appears that it was where the statue was attached for stability while sculpting. the hole itself is not noticeable unless you turn him upside down it is tucked up underneath his skirt...

"Skirt"? Wouldn't saying Thanos wears a skirt be kinda like asking Mike Tyson if he has a thing for ears?