PDA

View Full Version : How I got shafted by BD on Phasing Vision

Endless Wake
12-16-2005, 01:29 AM
I was keeping this quite in order to see how it turned out, but since I've been pretty much shafted on this I'm speaking out.

Due to an error on BD's part, I will not be getting a phasing vision. What happened? I faxed in my order within the first two hours of it being posted. I then told my collector brother and friend that it was available and they sent in faxes. So a few days later I call to confirm and was told, "We cannot fill your order but you can be placed on a waiting list in case someone else doesn't buy it." I was bummed out and thought I sent it in too late, but low and behold, my brother and friend get confirmations!

How I thought, since I sent it in first. I call up and explain that there was some sort of mix-up and that they can easily see what time my fax was sent by the time that prints out on the top of each page. I got silence, so I emailed Randy and he suggested I call Heather directly. I spoke with Heather and her response was, "We did our best to keep the faxes in order, we can put you on the waiting list."

Well as you can guess, no PV and no response to my email regarding the waiting list status. I got shafted my friends, first by the mix-up and then by the lack of resolution.

gorpulon
12-16-2005, 01:32 AM
:bawling:

I was keeping this quite in order to see how it turned out, but since I've been pretty much shafted on this I'm speaking out.

Due to an error on BD's part, I will not be getting a phasing vision. What happened? I faxed in my order within the first two hours of it being posted. I then told my collector brother and friend that it was available and they sent in faxes. So a few days later I call to confirm and was told, "We cannot fill your order but you can be placed on a waiting list in case someone else doesn't buy it." I was bummed out and thought I sent it in too late, but low and behold, my brother and friend get confirmations!

How I thought, since I sent it in first. I call up and explain that there was some sort of mix-up and that they can easily see what time my fax was sent by the time that prints out on the top of each page. I got silence, so I emailed Randy and he suggested I call Heather directly. I spoke with Heather and her response was, "We did our best to keep the faxes in order, we can put you on the waiting list."

Well as you can guess, no PV and no response to my email regarding the waiting list status. I got shafted my friends, first by the mix-up and then by the lack of resolution.

mwf6171
12-16-2005, 01:34 AM
Is this going to turn into another, "I didn't get a Chrome Punisher mb" thread? Dude, this totally sucks. I am sorry for you, and this shows why BD either needs to invest in an online ordering system or something that takes human error out of it. Or stop selling direct to customers, only thru retailers.....JMO.........

EW, that does suck I hope you can find one.

mwf6171
12-16-2005, 01:35 AM

You are not going to make many friends with posts like that.............. :peoples: :rolleyes2

Endless Wake
12-16-2005, 01:37 AM
Grow up.

mwf6171
12-16-2005, 01:38 AM

Endless,

What kind of resolution do you want? They are sold out.

Endless Wake
12-16-2005, 01:39 AM
Is this going to turn into another, "I didn't get a Chrome Punisher mb" thread? Dude, this totally sucks. I am sorry for you, and this shows why BD either needs to invest in an online ordering system or something that takes human error out of it. Or stop selling direct to customers, only thru retailers.....JMO.........

EW, that does suck I hope you can find one.
I was thinking the same. I know they don't want 2,000 people ordering by telephone just to confirm their orders, but with stuff like this happening what other choice do we have.

Endless Wake
12-16-2005, 01:41 AM
Endless,

I'm sure they have a couple of APs or high numbered pieces about just in case someone has to return a damaged piece. Or perhaps a gurantee on a future exculsive because of the mix-up. The gesture of anything would have been nice, not a "tuff luck" attitude.

mwf6171
12-16-2005, 01:44 AM
I'm sure they have a couple of APs or high numbered pieces about just in case someone has to return a damaged piece. Or perhaps a gurantee on a future exculsive because of the mix-up. The gesture of anything would have been nice, not a "tuff luck" attitude.

I am sure something will come up and make it right. Just be careful not to start another thread that will cause a firestorm............JMO....

Endless Wake
12-16-2005, 01:53 AM
I am sure something will come up and make it right. Just be careful not to start another thread that will cause a firestorm............JMO....
Hopefully mine's was an isolated incident.

High Lord Apocalypse
12-16-2005, 01:57 AM
dude, whats ur problem? the guys gets totally unlucky, at the least you gotta feel bad man!!!!!

MaxGoof
12-16-2005, 01:58 AM
It was a mistake. It happens. It's a shame that that happened, but you shouldn't receive any special treatment because of it.

Bowen Direct badly needs an online ordering system, though. I'm stunned that they still don't have one, when even nickel-dime comic book shops do.

risingstar
12-16-2005, 02:05 AM
I hope you get an AP.
Looks like you deserve it.

Endless Wake
12-16-2005, 02:08 AM
It was a mistake. It happens. It's a shame that that happened, but you shouldn't receive any special treatment because of it. .
Since the mistake is on their part, a gesture of good will would have been the right thing to do.

Bowen Direct badly needs an online ordering system, though. I'm stunned that they still don't have one, when even nickel-dime comic book shops do.
Amen brother.

galactus
12-16-2005, 02:09 AM
Crap story, and unfortunately, an even crappier response from Bowen. I can understand Heather having little control over what to do in response to the error, but it would be nice to see Randy NOT pass the buck for once and make a little effort to fix an issue with HIS company.

Tony Coca
12-16-2005, 02:10 AM
See thats what you get for make those busted statues pics. :laugh:

Sucks to be you C. :laugh:

Daywalker
12-16-2005, 02:12 AM
yeah welcome to the forum :rolleyes2

migsmack
12-16-2005, 02:17 AM
You know what mistakes happen I had ordered two Venoms and only got one. When I emailed Heather she called me at work within a couple of hours of that email telling me that ther was a mistake and all of their supply had been shipped out. but she had already called a distibutor in my area and gave me the number and contact info. When I called him he had already talked to heather and I got my second venom the next day. I feel like if there is something that can be done by BD it will happen. Heather has told me herself that the online ordering is on her wish list. sorry it wasn't soon enough for you EW. In my situation I could have gone to ebay for venom with no real price difference. Yours is much more irritating as the price is 500+ now. I'm not sure what BD can or will do but I do believe they try whenever possible.

CaptCracker
12-16-2005, 02:18 AM
Sorry to hear that
Between phone calls, faxes and emails orders they're bound to make a few mistakes and Heather probably heard tons of sad stories.
I always check-up on my orders
I agree with a online ordering system it would make life easier for everyone.......and a tracking number :)

nbr3bagshotrow
12-16-2005, 02:20 AM
It's too bad this happened. I'm sure we all work for a company where something went wrong or someone screwed up where someone feels they got shafted.

Even online ordering systems have problems.

gorpulon
12-16-2005, 02:34 AM
You are not going to make many friends with posts like that.............. :peoples: :rolleyes2

:eplus2:

Perna
12-16-2005, 02:36 AM
Endless, this really does suck. I hope it works out in your favor.

kirthew
12-16-2005, 02:42 AM
Even online ordering systems have problems.

Yeah... look at Gentle Giant's online ordering system...

I am sorry Endless Wake... I am sorry that happened to you... I agree they need a better system... but this happens during every single exclusive... and it is going to happen in the future... Human error happens...

Personally... If they are out of statues... they are out of statues... I think it sucks... I hope that Randy or Heather does something to resolve it for you...

gorpulon
12-16-2005, 02:45 AM
yeah welcome to the forum :rolleyes2

thanx buddy, your so nice :)

MONSTER
12-16-2005, 02:45 AM

I would think you have about 2 more posts before you are banned. :eplus2:

galactus
12-16-2005, 02:46 AM
I would think you have about 2 more posts before you are banned. :eplus2:

What makes you think he has THAT many left??

Daywalker
12-16-2005, 02:47 AM
wow dude - 3 posts and they are smilies - ur cool :rolleyes2

MONSTER
12-16-2005, 02:47 AM

I was being optimistic. :laugh:

mwf6171
12-16-2005, 02:48 AM
Pull the trigger devourer of members!! :)

Wait.........that doesn't sound right!!! :peoples: :laugh:

MiamiLoco
12-16-2005, 02:49 AM
What's the moral of this story? Tell your "brothers" when you find out about a statue, not AFTER you fax in your own order :p

galactus
12-16-2005, 02:49 AM
I'm a nice guy, I'll give him a chance to lighten up a bit. Of course, I can't speak for my fellows devourers :inquisiti

MONSTER
12-16-2005, 02:51 AM
I'm a nice guy, I'll give him a chance to lighten up a bit. Of course, I can't speak for my fellows devourers :inquisiti

When did you start being nice? :inquisiti

I don't want to be a mod but I need to talk to Drod about having the power to ban. I'd clean this place up. :eplus2: :thumbs2:

Daywalker
12-16-2005, 02:54 AM
wow i want this guy gone more then wolvie1 :eplus2:

galactus
12-16-2005, 02:54 AM
When did you start being nice? :inquisiti

I don't want to be a mod but I need to talk to Drod about having the power to ban. I'd clean this place up. :eplus2: :thumbs2:

Well, you HAVE the power to ban. Here's how it works:

1 Blue or Red Clone for me = 3 Banned Users for you
1 Yellow or Green Clone for me = 2 Banned Users for you
1 White Clone or Black Pauldron Sandtrooper = 1 Banned User for you

:laugh:

galactus
12-16-2005, 02:55 AM

YOU have the power too... a Chrome Surfer bust goes a looooooooooong way towards getting people banned, a LONG way... :eplus2:

Daywalker
12-16-2005, 02:56 AM

can i get 2 certain ppl banned for a gold bucky ? :eplus2:

MONSTER

How about 1 of each and you permanently ban Zurb? :)

Daywalker
YOU have the power too... a Chrome Surfer bust goes a looooooooooong way towards getting people banned, a LONG way... :eplus2:
lol :laugh:

Teague
12-16-2005, 02:58 AM
Man, that does suck, Endless. Best of luck in resolving it. Let us know how it turns out.

mwf6171
12-16-2005, 02:58 AM

Man, he hasn't been on all day............this will effect his post count, there must be something wrong................... :laugh:

MONSTER
12-16-2005, 02:59 AM
Man, that does suck, Endless. Best of luck in resolving it. Let us know how it turns out.

How dare you try to get this thread back on topic! :stick: :wink2:

galactus
How about 1 of each and you permanently ban Zurb? :)

Throw in the Gold Bucky you mentioned and I'll take out the Hobbit too :eplus2:

Daywalker
Man, he hasn't been on all day............this will effect his post count, there must be something wrong................... :laugh:
maybe he can send galactus a chrome surfer to up his count for him :confused2

galactus
12-16-2005, 03:00 AM

true, true...

mwf6171
My thoughts exactly!!

I've got a bottle cap, two paper clips and $.36. What will that get me?? :laugh:

Daywalker
poor hobbit - forum sacrifice

MONSTER
12-16-2005, 03:01 AM

Deal! :buttrock: :laugh:

Tony Coca
12-16-2005, 03:01 AM
Now i know the post count is rigged.1,000,010

mwf6171
12-16-2005, 03:02 AM

:laugh: I just looked and I am now off the first page of "high post counters" so I feel a little better about myself....... :rolleyes2

galactus
My thoughts exactly!!

I've got a bottle cap, two paper clips and $.36. What will that get me?? :laugh:

Coca, and you can keep the $.36 :eplus2:

Daywalker
jealous ?

Teague
12-16-2005, 03:03 AM

Sorry, forgot where I was for a moment. Here, let me fix it: Hey, does anyone have a wish list for 2006? More sneaks! Chrome sux! ;)

galactus

Yeah, but I had to give Drod my car for that :banghead:

Tony Coca
jealous ?
A little. :eplus2:

mwf6171

What the one that got hit last year??? You did him no favors!!! :eplus2:

Daywalker
12-16-2005, 03:04 AM
thats cheap - ive seen ur car :eplus2:

Underdog07
The fact that they have zero Phasing Visions left begs the question what do they do if someone's statue arrives broken? I figured that even for limited items they held back 5-10 in case of damage.

galactus
Deal! :buttrock: :laugh:

Sweet X-Mas!!! :buttrock:

mwf6171
12-16-2005, 03:05 AM
We need some good ole holiday bannings around here..........hmmmmmmmmmmmmm who can I p!ss off THIS time???????????

galactus
12-16-2005, 03:05 AM
thats cheap - ive seen ur car :eplus2:

Yeah, but only from your high chair in the back. It's much cooler in the front seat (in MY high chair...) :laugh:

Daywalker
12-16-2005, 03:06 AM
Yeah, but only from your high chair in the back. It's much cooler in the front seat (in MY high chair...) :laugh:
LOL :laugh:

mwf6171
12-16-2005, 03:06 AM

I thought you had upgraded to a booster seat!! Or can you not reach the pedals??? :eplus2:

galactus
12-16-2005, 03:09 AM
I thought you had upgraded to a booster seat!! Or can you not reach the pedals??? :eplus2:

Nah, I got those funny pedal extensions you see sometimes. Makes working the clutch a b!tch though :banghead:

mwf6171
12-16-2005, 03:10 AM
Nah, I got those funny pedal extensions you see sometimes. Makes working the clutch a b!tch though :banghead:

Sweet!! Let my 7 yr old drive!! Well, he might not need the pedal extensions!! :laugh: :p

CompEng1
12-16-2005, 03:12 AM
Pull the trigger devourer of members!! :)

Wait.........that doesn't sound right!!! :peoples: :laugh:

galactus
12-16-2005, 03:13 AM
Sweet!! Let my 7 yr old drive!! Well, he might not need the pedal extensions!! :laugh: :p

That wouldn't suprise me, Daywalker is only 8 and the kid is 23' tall!! :inquisiti

mwf6171
12-16-2005, 03:15 AM
That wouldn't suprise me, Daywalker is only 8 and the kid is 23' tall!! :inquisiti

Wow!! Just measured my 2 yr old and she is 40"............... :redface:

MONSTER
12-16-2005, 03:16 AM
Wow!! Just measured my 2 yr old and she is 40"............... :redface:

Did you measure her while she is sleeping? :inquisiti

mwf6171
12-16-2005, 03:20 AM
Did you measure her while she is sleeping? :inquisiti

Just = yesterday....... :rolleyes2 :laugh:

Daywalker
12-16-2005, 03:25 AM
wow im a friggin giant :buttrock:

Iacon13
12-16-2005, 03:26 AM
Since the mistake is on their part, a gesture of good will would have been the right thing to do.

Amen brother.

I would like to say sorry your not getting it. Also you are not alone. I wanted one and will probably not get it unless I pay the ebay price. Also you should be compensated. They made a mistake which I realize happens but if it is their mistake you should get some kind of special treatment on something to make up for it.

DEAD_MAN
12-16-2005, 04:54 AM
stop whinning get it from some where else.
you know what I hope you miss out on alot.

qc_mohawks
12-16-2005, 05:11 AM
I am new to this forum, but it looks like there are a bunch of BD lemmings that are waiting to pounce on you if you say anything bad about BD.

hey I like BD products too, but that doesnt mean i have to agree with ever decision they make.

Tattoo-S
12-16-2005, 05:36 AM
What's the moral of this story? Tell your "brothers" when you find out about a statue, not AFTER you fax in your own order :p
Hmmmm, I actually think the moral might be tell no one till it arrives at your door. :) Terrible thing to happy to a collector, I feel for you. Althoug mishaps are bound to happen, in the past when something like this has effected us, BD has been more than happy to referr us to a distributor or retailer who usually is able to directly or indirectly help us out. :o

perfusin
12-16-2005, 09:03 AM
I think the least Randy could do is fly to your house and give you a PV bust and take you out for a steak dinner. :peoples:

Tetragrammaton
12-16-2005, 10:16 AM
While I understand it can be frustrating not to get what you want sometimes, I don't even have the opportunity to order direct from Bowen. For all things except for exclusives, this really doesn't bother me.

In regards to the exclusives, I know eventually something I really want, the mythical Firelord FS for example, will be offered as a BCC exclusive and I will miss out or have to pay secondary market prices.

Such is life.

If these are your biggest worries, take it from me, you are doing ok.

galactus
12-16-2005, 10:17 AM
stop whinning get it from some where else.
you know what I hope you miss out on alot.

How about this, next time you feel the need to insult someone, YOU can miss out for at least 7 days :inquisiti

mwf6171
12-16-2005, 10:26 AM
I am new to this forum, but it looks like there are a bunch of BD lemmings that are waiting to pounce on you if you say anything bad about BD.

hey I like BD products too, but that doesnt mean i have to agree with ever decision they make.

You don't have to agree, but you can disagree with less nastiness. No company is going to make every single customer happy. You don't have to be an @ss clown about it. THAT is when people come down on you!! :rolleyes2

mwf6171
12-16-2005, 10:28 AM
While I understand it can be frustrating not to get what you want sometimes, I don't even have the opportunity to order direct from Bowen. For all things except for exclusives, this really doesn't bother me.

In regards to the exclusives, I know eventually something I really want, the mythical Firelord FS for example, will be offered as a BCC exclusive and I will miss out or have to pay secondary market prices.

Such is life.

Tet, if the Firelord comes out as a BDCC exclusive, you can have mine..

JDH
12-16-2005, 10:35 AM
Shouldn't this kind of error be what APs are used to solve? This is as much something a company should put right itself as when a piece arrives broken. Those pieces are replaced with APs, aren't they? Why not do the same for someone who can prove they got in quickly enough to order one?

Good customer service should be the utmost priority of any business, in my opinion.

I think it's important that folks like Endless Wake and qc_mohawks in the other thread are able to post legitimate frustrations like this without people jumping all over them. Questioning any company's customer service policy when you feel it lets you down - as long as you do it respectfully and without vitriol - should be encouraged on a public forum like this. The only way any company can improve is through listening to its customers.

Tetragrammaton
12-16-2005, 10:37 AM
Tet, if the Firelord comes out as a BDCC exclusive, you can have mine..

YES, my secret and devious plan worked fufillling my true agenda! :buttrock:

Did I just say this out loud...please disregard. :confused2

galactus
12-16-2005, 10:37 AM
YES, my secret and devious plan worked fufillling my true agenda! :buttrock:

Did I just say this out load...please disregard. :confused2

The time has come, execute order 6171!!! :eplus2:

mwf6171
12-16-2005, 10:39 AM
The time has come, execute order 6171!!! :eplus2:

Yes master! :laugh:

Tetragrammaton
12-16-2005, 10:42 AM
Violation of the Prime Directive?

Kill all the Jedi?

I think I may be in trouble...

galactus
12-16-2005, 10:43 AM
Violation of the Prime Directive?

Kill all the Jedi?

I think I may be in trouble...

Oh, wait, THAT'S order 6171??? I thought it was a Reuben Sandwich with extra pickles and a large Sam Adams??? Ahhh, cancel that order.... :banghead:

Tetragrammaton
12-16-2005, 10:50 AM
http://tinypic.com/inzbk0.jpg

:)

imthkman
12-16-2005, 10:57 AM

I've got no problem with anyone complaining about customer service. I think the mistake you made in your thread was saying that BD should lose their Marvel license over it. If they made a mistake or performed poor customer service, you are more than welcome to call them out on it IMO. I will say a lot of this could be avoided if BD went to an online ordering system. I think it would take a lot of the subjectiveness and human/fax errors out of the equation. It would also free up Heather and the others to do other things. :thumbs2:

Jesse321
12-16-2005, 11:21 AM
Shouldn't this kind of error be what APs are used to solve? This is as much something a company should put right itself as when a piece arrives broken. Those pieces are replaced with APs, aren't they? Why not do the same for someone who can prove they got in quickly enough to order one?

Good customer service should be the utmost priority of any business, in my opinion.

I think it's important that folks like Endless Wake and qc_mohawks in the other thread are able to post legitimate frustrations like this without people jumping all over them. Questioning any company's customer service policy when you feel it lets you down - as long as you do it respectfully and without vitriol - should be encouraged on a public forum like this. The only way any company can improve is through listening to its customers.
As ever, the voice of reason jdh.

Jesse321
12-16-2005, 11:23 AM
I've got no problem with anyone complaining about customer service. I think the mistake you made in your thread was saying that BD should lose their Marvel license over it. If they made a mistake or performed poor customer service, you are more than welcome to call them out on it IMO. I will say a lot of this could be avoided if BD went to an online ordering system. I think it would take a lot of the subjectiveness and human/fax errors out of the equation. It would also free up Heather and the others to do other things. :thumbs2:The first mistake he made was not keeping his BDCC # in a safe place or memorized ... it's a 5 digit number (at most) how difficult is that to remember?

In the case of Endless Wake .. I have to agree with some of the others, if he has his fax confirmation sheet showing when he sent his order in and that it was received BD's should be able to do something to resolve this situation for him.

CompEng1
12-16-2005, 11:38 AM
Oh, wait, THAT'S order 6171??? I thought it was a Reuben Sandwich with extra pickles and a large Sam Adams??? Ahhh, cancel that order.... :banghead:
rofl! :laugh:

CompEng1
12-16-2005, 11:41 AM
I'm beginning to think that those of us with the computer "know how" should volunteer to help get the BD online ordering system up and running. I'd have joined the CC if I could have done it online and didn't have to go through a 6 step process to do it. We might even get a "Bucky's gold toothbrush" out of it or something.

Jack8022
12-16-2005, 11:46 AM
Sorry to hear that, EW.
I thought the online ordering was up and running on the BD site?

imthkman
12-16-2005, 12:28 PM
Sorry to hear that, EW.
I thought the online ordering was up and running on the BD site?

It looks that way, but it's misleading. I really thought the reason for the re-design of the web-site was to add online ordering. But it didn't happen. You can "order" online, but all that does is print you up an order form that you can fax in. They may not want the additional volume that would be created if it was so simple to order. :inquisiti

jimi311
12-16-2005, 12:39 PM
Wow. I thought I got upset when I didn't get a bucky in the lottery and it took me a while to settle down from that. If I had ordered a PV and got "misplaced" right after the Bucky ordeal I would have lost it. I think that Endless Wake is taking this well.

Captain Late
12-16-2005, 01:00 PM
It is an effed up system but we're all kind of used to it I guess...
The defense for BD that I've always figured is the reason for not having an online system is that once the Marvel License is gone it's going to be totally unnecessary because the volume will totally dwindle. They are a small business after all...
Could be to protect their retail accounts as well, if it was easy to order direct BD could make some of their accounts obsolete... Probably not but it's a thought...

Neomotion
12-16-2005, 02:05 PM

Such is life.

So, we are now recycling replies? I see where you get the postcount.... :eplus2:

Tetragrammaton
12-16-2005, 02:06 PM
It seemed to apply in both cases...and I re-worded parts of it. :p

fossa
12-16-2005, 02:10 PM
It seemed to apply in both cases...and I re-worded parts of it. :pi noticed that, 2 :inquisiti

marvelboi77
12-16-2005, 02:40 PM
Nightcrawler got your Phasing Vision... One persons luck is another persons misfortune.

Statuesque Fellow
12-16-2005, 03:08 PM
I'll sell you mine, just $850 + shipping :p

Sniper
12-16-2005, 03:24 PM
sorry to hear about that endless wake, I sure wish certain people would have run into problems, good guys always get the shaft it would seem

kirthew
12-16-2005, 03:27 PM
sorry to hear about that endless wake, I sure wish certain people would have run into problems, good guys always get the shaft it would seem

Hey... I take that personally... I am a good guy... ask serveral people here who I have done deals with.. I sold my Thing FS for retail.. along with a disappearing Invisible Woman... for retail... I sold a Silver Surfer Chrome to a member for 300... when they were going for 500 on ebay... I maybe a flipper... but I am good hearted kind soul flipper...

risingstar
12-16-2005, 03:31 PM
Hey... I take that personally... I am a good guy... ask serveral people here who I have done deals with.. I sold my Thing FS for retail.. along with a disappearing Invisible Woman... for retail... I sold a Silver Surfer Chrome to a member for 300... when they were going for 500 on ebay... I maybe a flipper... but I am good hearted kind soul flipper...

Can I have your Bronze Hulk for 50 bucks?

kirthew
12-16-2005, 03:34 PM
Can I have your Bronze Hulk for 50 bucks?

Sorry.. I just sold my last Bronze Hulk for 51.00...

Jesse321
12-16-2005, 03:38 PM
Sorry.. I just sold my last Bronze Hulk for 51.00...Don't you know what those things are worth??? :eek:

I'll offer you 60 for it! :eplus2:

kirthew
12-16-2005, 03:39 PM
Don't you know what those things are worth??? :eek:

I'll offer you 60 for it! :eplus2:

Well why didn't you freaking email me! :laugh:

risingstar
12-16-2005, 03:42 PM
I'll offer the other guy 62$... and i'll give you an extra 10 spot for your trouble.

Sniper
12-16-2005, 04:00 PM
you were not one of the members I was thinking about

mwf6171
12-16-2005, 04:05 PM
Man, I had a dream last night my PV showed up in a crushed box. There were no foam peanuts around it, just a bunch of plastic grocery bags!!! The outer box was all torn and nasty...........Man, I woke up in a cold sweat from that one!!

High Lord Apocalypse
12-16-2005, 04:10 PM
Man, I had a dream last night my PV showed up in a crushed box. There were no foam peanuts around it, just a bunch of plastic grocery bags!!! The outer box was all torn and nasty...........Man, I woke up in a cold sweat from that one!!
i hear ya about the fear of damage in transit but man you should take a benadryll or nyquil so you can sleep through your vivid vision nightmares!!!!
or maybe still have the nightmares but the nyquil just wouldn't let you get up!!!!!!! :eplus2:

risingstar
12-16-2005, 04:14 PM
I once dreamed that an earthquake shook the foundations of my house and that all my statues and busts fell and shattered into a million smithereens.

Hey, if that happened to my 200+ busts and statues, would I be justified in whining?

rychehitman
12-16-2005, 06:28 PM
I once dreamed that an earthquake shook the foundations of my house and that all my statues and busts fell and shattered into a million smithereens.

Hey, if that happened to my 200+ busts and statues, would I be justified in whining?

Heck yeah! And I would bring you some cheese!

FNGrimm
12-16-2005, 06:54 PM

That sucks dude, but face it, we are just faceless customers to any company and are treated like that. Thens the breaks, if it aint you, its gonna be someone else as long as their money gets made baby. Not fair? not at all. But fair is a concept unfamiliar to a money making machine

Tattoo-S
12-16-2005, 06:59 PM

Hey if that happened, I think you would justified in committing certain acts of crime. Hehehehehe You locate Buzzybean and strangle him like Homer does Bart. You would justified. :o

Endless Wake
12-16-2005, 08:44 PM
UPDATE:
I got an email from Heather today responding to my question about the status of the waiting list; She wrote, "Sorry, we don’t have any additional pieces available."

So that's that. I only hope Randy reconsiders online ordering, I'm sure his staff has a hundred things to do other than restocking fax paper and entering in orders.

captoz
12-16-2005, 09:36 PM
At least you got an email. As an international fan, I emailed BD a couple of years back to ask some questions and never even got a response!!!

msw313
12-18-2005, 03:56 AM
...Even online ordering systems have problems.
Try explaining that one when, by luck-of-the-draw, two different customers coincidentally order the exact same one-of-a-kind item at the exact same time via your online ordering system.

There is a system delay between the time the "add to cart" button is clicked, and the time the item is deleted from the online listing. While the system is processing the order preparatory to deleting the listing, it is possible for someone else to still view the same item, and also click to order it.

Of course, it will not actually be available when the system attempts to process the second order, but try telling it to an irate customer who only knows "...it was there when I ordered it! Why are you posting things you don't have?" :banghead:

msw313
12-18-2005, 04:12 AM
That sucks dude, but face it, we are just faceless customers to any company and are treated like that. Thens the breaks, if it aint you, its gonna be someone else as long as their money gets made baby. Not fair? not at all. But fair is a concept unfamiliar to a money making machine
Actually, your observations are unfair generalizations. To think that ALL companies are the heartless money making machines you characterize them is is pure paranoia.

One sure way to NOT make money is to make a habit of mistreating customers. It might make you a quick short-term gain, but it puts the longevity of your business in doubt.

I could tell you some stories (too long and probably too dry and boring to most people to get into here) about some of the extraordinary measures we've taken at the company I work for to satisfy customers when problems arise (even problems that had nothing to do with anything WE had done).

"All about the money" includes making sure the customer is happy so they continue doing business with you, and recommend you to others.

Mastermold
12-18-2005, 04:23 AM
UPDATE:
I got an email from Heather today responding to my question about the status of the waiting list; She wrote, "Sorry, we don’t have any additional pieces available."

So that's that. I only hope Randy reconsiders online ordering, I'm sure his staff has a hundred things to do other than restocking fax paper and entering in orders.

No, they do have them available they're just giving them to people who placed orders after you. They ought to stop everything and review the orders to see who got theirs in first, and if that means canceling someone's order that was mistakenly confirmed ahead of yours, that's too bad for them.

Dvdmac
12-18-2005, 09:13 AM
Endless,

Since this is so similiar to my situation with the Chromer Punisher Mini=Bust, I must comment.

The resolution that he would like, is to be financially or provided with an AP, to compensate for their screw up.

I am baffled by Bowen's inability to recognize that they screw something up and do not do the right thing and take care of the customer.

That is the bottom line, and the only line.

Dvdmac
12-18-2005, 09:15 AM

Dude, if you really to not care to have either empathy or sympathy for our fellow brother, your response is rather uncalled for.

Dvdmac
12-18-2005, 09:25 AM

Brother, I was in the same boat with you when it came to the Chrome Punisher.

Bowen makes a great product, but their customer service and management skills, when it comes to situations like this, are lacking in such a manner that it is textbook on what not to do.

I am still baffled that after a year and a half after my situation with the Chrome Punisher that they have not learned and listened to the public out cry on how they handle situations like this.

It is utterly and ridiculously unfathomable that they do not know they need to take care of the customer.

It would appear that they can create, provide product, manage artists and handle the basic business aspect of this business.

They do not even have to think out of the box to know what needs to be done.

They are only concerned with themselves and their profit.....

That is the main reason that I will not order direct from them any longer.

They don't need, or appreciate when I buy direct, my extra fifty or ten dollars per statue that I save when I go after market. That is a significant statement in itself on why they do not have to take care of the customer.

That was displayed when I had my situation going on and Rocky responded to one of my emails by saying that they appreciate me ordering direct, but they still were not going to own up to their mistake. She said that it was great that they were making the extra money on their end. I was in utter shock that she had even put that in writing.

Randy, was sympathetic, but suprisingly, did not do anything either.

He could not grasp the concept of taking care of the customer in this aspect.

Will I can continue to buy Bowen. Yes.....but not direct. Their cast of artists make a great product.

I can not wait for Clay Moore to come up with a license from Marvel though....because I will be the first in line to buy their product.

Dvdmac
12-18-2005, 09:30 AM
It was a mistake. It happens. It's a shame that that happened, but you shouldn't receive any special treatment because of it.

Max, this in the not the frist time something like this has happened......when is enough enough?

18 months later and they still can't handle a simple situation like this......you can't tell me that they don't make enough jack to take care of their screwups.

It's just like the low run exclusives.....and then they try and call one not an exclusive....pleasssse.

Dvdmac
12-18-2005, 09:35 AM
Crap story, and unfortunately, an even crappier response from Bowen. I can understand Heather having little control over what to do in response to the error, but it would be nice to see Randy NOT pass the buck for once and make a little effort to fix an issue with HIS company.

Galactus.....I am under the distinct impression that instead of Randy taking the bull by the horns with this one and other situations he passes the buck and the customer ends on loosing out.

Tell me this.....when a situation like this comes up, how hard would it be for him to go the vault or whatever and pick something out and ship it to the guy with a hand written note and say I apologize for the mix up....but here you are..

You could even provide them with the next exclusive free or something.

This response of not doing anything has no class at all.

Dvdmac
12-18-2005, 09:36 AM
See thats what you get for make those busted statues pics. :laugh:

Sucks to be you C. :laugh:

Dude, it sucks to be you with nothing else to do but have six thousand posts.

:buttrock:

Dvdmac
12-18-2005, 09:50 AM

Yeah...it's like Randy is King Arthur and they are the round table.

Dvdmac
12-18-2005, 09:51 AM
I think the least Randy could do is fly to your house and give you a PV bust and take you out for a steak dinner. :peoples:

That's is what I am talking about....the epitomy of customer service.

Dvdmac
12-18-2005, 09:57 AM

JDH.....spoken tremendously...

The thing that baffles me the most, when something like this happens....Bowen stands there with his head down, hand behine his back, moving his one foot side to side on the ground and will not take care of the problem when it concerns errors made in regards to exclusives.

When it come to normal production runs...where their are a thousand or so available....not problem with the help.

Customer service is key, with exclusives or not.

Just saying ...."Oh well"....is not a proper response.

If the tables were turned and this is something happened to their new home or car.....I am sure they would be up in arms.

Dvdmac
12-18-2005, 10:01 AM

You took the words right out of my mouth with that one.

chasethedragon
12-18-2005, 04:35 PM
Dude, ten straight posts about this? I'm not saying you weren't shafted. I'm not saying you don't have a right to complain. I'm not even defending BD. But ten straight posts over something that happened to you two years ago? Let it go already, man. For your OWN sake. You can't spend your time railing against every injustice and every unfairness in the world. Life's too damn short.

Jameshowlett
12-18-2005, 04:58 PM

Well, I read this whole thread, and I found the posts by DVDMAC to be very thought out and well written post. Very educational and I thank you for posting.
qc_mohawks, your right ,there absolutly is group of whatever that will pounce on you if you post something they don't like. I myself was angry when I read your post about hoping Bowen loses his license. But I didn't pm a bunch of my friends and tell them to go to your thread and slap you around :laugh:
It's all good but in this open forum there seems to be a few exclusive groups that want to remain that way and thats cool, I just hate hearing about it. This is a great forum and there are a lot of cool people on here, and there is some that are not so cool(to put it mildley, just got to ignore the Rightoues Randy's. :laugh:

Dvdmac
12-18-2005, 05:20 PM
Dude, ten straight posts about this? I'm not saying you weren't shafted. I'm not saying you don't have a right to complain. I'm not even defending BD. But ten straight posts over something that happened to you two years ago? Let it go already, man. For your OWN sake. You can't spend your time railing against every injustice and every unfairness in the world. Life's too damn short.

Guy, you are right.......I just get so fired up when I see this stuff, that I relive it again.....

Not every injustice.....just those related to Bowen Exclusives.

I need therapy, because I am hoping that Bowen will do the right thing, but it will never happen...... :banghead:

FNGrimm
12-20-2005, 01:49 AM
Actually, your observations are unfair generalizations. To think that ALL companies are the heartless money making machines you characterize them is is pure paranoia.

One sure way to NOT make money is to make a habit of mistreating customers. It might make you a quick short-term gain, but it puts the longevity of your business in doubt.

I could tell you some stories (too long and probably too dry and boring to most people to get into here) about some of the extraordinary measures we've taken at the company I work for to satisfy customers when problems arise (even problems that had nothing to do with anything WE had done).

"All about the money" includes making sure the customer is happy so they continue doing business with you, and recommend you to others.

although thats well and good, bowen does not need to meet the demands of the masses in order to make money since their runs are so limited that they are almost guranteed to sell out

FNGrimm
12-20-2005, 01:52 AM
You took the words right out of my mouth with that one.

im glad that im not the only one who feels this way. do i feel slighted? maybe
but in the long run does it matter compared to my daily cost of living? NOPE
why? becuase its a hobby and to blow a gasket over it would be redundant. i do however feel the frustration becuase like most comic fans and enthusiasts good people dont deserve to feel cheated out of their hard earned cash. amends should be made simply for the fact that this is such a niche market that only the die hards would plunk down their cash for something 90 percent of t he populace would deem ridiculous

Tattoo-S
12-20-2005, 03:53 AM
im glad that im not the only one who feels this way. do i feel slighted? maybe
but in the long run does it matter compared to my daily cost of living? NOPE
why? becuase its a hobby and to blow a gasket over it would be redundant. i do however feel the frustration becuase like most comic fans and enthusiasts good people dont deserve to feel cheated out of their hard earned cash. amends should be made simply for the fact that this is such a niche market that only the die hards would plunk down their cash for something 90 percent of t he populace would deem ridiculous
:confused2 :rolleyes2

msw313
12-20-2005, 12:32 PM
although thats well and good, bowen does not need to meet the demands of the masses in order to make money since their runs are so limited that they are almost guranteed to sell out
I wasn't so much responding to your specific bad feelings toward Bowen, as to your expressed cynicism toward ALL businesses. Not all businesses are all about the money (as you claim BD is). While, obviously, making money is what makes it a business and not a charity, NO business will last long without also being sensitive and responsive to the needs of their customers.

Here's your original comment, that I was responding to:

...we are just faceless customers to any company and are treated like that. Thens the breaks, if it aint you, its gonna be someone else as long as their money gets made baby...
It's not fair of you to paint ALL companies as impersonal and uncaring "money making machines" just because you had an unsatisfactory experience with one particular company.

Based on the responses to this and other similar threads, it seems experiences like yours, qc_mohawk's, Dvdmac's and Endless Wake's are in the minority and not common examples of BD's normal customer service.

Wolverine1
12-20-2005, 12:49 PM
I just read this EW, sorry bro.