PDA

View Full Version : Yup....BD SHAFTED me too!!!

qc_mohawks
12-16-2005, 04:04 AM
I was screwed out of a Red Angel mini bust by BD. When I ordered, they sent a reply via email requesting my CC#. I asked them for it, since I couldnt find my coupon.....they replied & I resent my order in. The bust itself was forgotten about due to shear volume (I order 1 of EACH mini bust & THEY KNOW THIS!!)

After searching some forums I found where guys were talking about how they got theirs around Halloween, so I started to go through my busts searching for mine since I didnt rememebr it coming in the mail.

Of course I didnt have one, and when I asked BD about this they claimed they never rec'd an order from me......which was total B.S.!

Heather refered me to an online guy who she vouched was a good guy who had several & she tod me if I explained my situation the guy would take care of me......

BOY DID HE.....he offered to sell me one of his extras at a nice 70% mark-up of the original price?!

Luckily I got one for $60 this week, but I still had to pay an inflated price due to BDs screw-up.

This is just another reason I HATE low #'d pieces whos sole purpose is to drive up their collectability. BD needs to knock this crap off & make runs of NO LESS than 1k to give all their loyal customers a fair shot at getting one.....not so flippers can cash in on 'em.

I for one would like to see BD LOSE their Marvel licence if they continue this crummy practice.

It stinks & so does BDs policy of CC & low # runs.

DEAD_MAN
12-16-2005, 04:56 AM
hey newjack welcome to the club I hope you never get anything you want.
learn how to collect.

qc_mohawks
12-16-2005, 05:08 AM
whatever that means....people collect things in different ways.

i tend to be a completist.....and view my collection devalued to some degree when a gap exists.....when the gap exists due to a screw-up on BD's end then i take exception to it.

me learn how to collect?
how about you learn that your way of collecting is just that, YOUR WAY

for you to bag on someone because they go about things differently than you doesnt show much class on your part.

TheMadTitan
12-16-2005, 05:14 AM
You are just mean saying that you are hoping BD to lose their Marvel license, Hawk. Dead is right, learn to collect...

qc_mohawks
12-16-2005, 05:17 AM
yeah, maybe

but some of the decisions BD makes tends to alienate their customers.....i dont understand why he would do that.

you wont ever hear me say anything bad about the products, they are wonderful

but all this CC, low#, gold bucky stuff just turns off alot of collectors

what is wrong with taking orders....if he gets 800 orders then he makes 800 of em

not make such a low run that the only thing he accomplishes is making 2/3+ of his customers angry.

TheMadTitan
12-16-2005, 05:20 AM
Well, this is how Phase III s going to be like. More limited runs, more intense competitions...

qc_mohawks
12-16-2005, 05:24 AM
Well, this is how Phase III s going to be like. More limited runs, more intense competitions...

then I hope phase III is BD's last.
companies that misuse licenses dont deserve to have them in the first place.

Time to write a nasty letter to Marvel & let them know how I feel about this.....I encourage others who dont like it to do the same.

I dont understand what is so hard/wrong with taking advanced orders to ensure everyone who wants a certain bust gets one.

TheMadTitan
12-16-2005, 05:27 AM
Woah, you must be new to collecting statues as well as to this forum. We, as collectors, are no strangers to advanced orders. This is how things work....

qc_mohawks
12-16-2005, 07:21 AM
i always order in advance directly through BD

I am talking about gold buckys and other CC exclusives that are nothing more than a cheap ploy to resell basically the same busts.....

wolverine, weapon x, gold wolverine, classic wolverine, etc

the stealth nick fury & s.h.i.e.l.d. fury were the worst of the varients

Pitbull
12-16-2005, 08:15 AM
I dont understand what you talk about because of my less English.

Anyway as i dont have permission to buy exclusives or advanced orders from BD (because i dont live in USA) so i do not have any chance to be a completest or something like that. This makes me angry/sad sometimes but i LOVE collecting from E/bay and love the all sculpts of BD. Plus i pay heavy duities and shipping costs here. But never complain about this.

We have to obey some rules in our life.

So who you says at the top "Learn Collecting" = RIGHT

madjazz
12-16-2005, 08:39 AM
Welcome to the board.

Sorry you got screwed, but "Lighten up, Francis". :)

The difference between the issue price and $60 is not great. It is an unfortunate situation, but talk yourself off the ledge, take a breath, and have a cup of cocoa. This will all look different in the morning.

Virsago
12-16-2005, 08:44 AM
You don't have to buy what you don't want anyway. I didn't want Gold Bucky because I didn't like it. I missed FF4 She-Hulk, boo-frickin-who. You missed 1 bust it's not the end world.

RichBamf
12-16-2005, 08:46 AM
yeah, maybe

but some of the decisions BD makes tends to alienate their customers.....i dont understand why he would do that.

you wont ever hear me say anything bad about the products, they are wonderful

but all this CC, low#, gold bucky stuff just turns off alot of collectors

what is wrong with taking orders....if he gets 800 orders then he makes 800 of em

not make such a low run that the only thing he accomplishes is making 2/3+ of his customers angry.

Why don't you try to be a completist living outside the US, then you'd have a right to *****. :banghead: People like me have to rely on ebay or good guys that we trust.

Bowen really has the right to run these limited pieces, he's not gonna do away with the regular pieces, he just wants to offer up something different for the loyalists out there.

Gold Bucky may have been a fiasco, but I'll bet some of the guys on here will say what a rush it was finding out wheter they had the thing or not.

And hoping that he looses his Marvel Licence, what is that going to do apart from make a hell of a lot of people unhappy? If you don't like RB's practises, don't buy his statues, don't try and spoil it for everyone.

Welcome to the forum by the way, talk about a baptism of fire.

overkill
12-16-2005, 09:53 AM
As I have said before being a completist gives you the right to NOTHING. Stop whining. This is becoming the b!tch and moan forum. You paid an extra $3.00 for your angel. Thats only 6 White castle hamburgers. Can you live without 6 white castle's? Well I cant, dammit.

I dont really know what the hell happened to my train of thought there. Kind of scitzed out. :banghead:

risingstar
12-16-2005, 10:15 AM
Going after the flipper solves absolutely nothing.

By coming off like you should decide who should get what and why makes you come off like a fascist.

Tetragrammaton
12-16-2005, 10:17 AM
While I understand it can be frustrating not to get what you want sometimes, I don't even have the opportunity to order direct from Bowen. For all things except for exclusives, this really doesn't bother me.

In regards to the exclusives, I know eventually something I really want, the mythical Firelord FS for example, will be offered as a BCC exclusive and I will miss out or have to pay secondary market prices.

Such is life.

If these are your biggest worries, take it from me, you are doing ok.

madjazz
12-16-2005, 10:18 AM
Don't kill the newbie too badly. He has pent up rage and has just discovered a place to vent it. It doesn't make it right, but we've all been there before. Give him a chance to reply.

CanadianMachine
12-16-2005, 10:21 AM
I for one would like to see BD LOSE their Marvel licence if they continue this crummy practice.

You will have to forgive me if I disagree with you on this. :banghead:

So you are a completist, you missed a peice and had to get it elsewhere.......so what!! The hunt for the missing pieces is what makes collecting fun. It makes finding that one piece that much more enjoyable.

If a hobby gets you this fustrated, give it up. I am getting tired of listening to all these people ***** and wine!! :banghead:

imthkman
12-16-2005, 10:44 AM
No way that BD should lose their license because of exclusives. You may be frustrated, but that's no reason to stop BD from producing for thousands of others who still enjoy their products. Sorry you missed out, but please don't try and ruin it for the rest of us. Simply stop buying if you are that displeased.

TK-421
12-16-2005, 11:00 AM
"I was screwed out of a Red Angel mini bust by BD. When I ordered, they sent a reply via email requesting my CC#. I asked them for it, since I couldnt find my coupon.....they replied & I resent my order in. The bust itself was forgotten about due to shear volume (I order 1 of EACH mini bust & THEY KNOW THIS!!)"

YOU state YOU order each mini bust, but yet on this one YOU forgot your CC#? Whose fault is that? YOU messed up, YOU go to the back of the line.

And to say that the people at BD should know that YOU order each mini bust, come on man, there are allot of people out there, they are not going rememeber what everyone gets.

Instead of wishing bad intenetions on BD, stop collecting BD busts. Your stress levels will go down.

:puke2:

WJLeary
12-16-2005, 11:04 AM
"I was screwed out of a Red Angel mini bust by BD. When I ordered, they sent a reply via email requesting my CC#. I asked them for it, since I couldnt find my coupon.....they replied & I resent my order in. The bust itself was forgotten about due to shear volume (I order 1 of EACH mini bust & THEY KNOW THIS!!)"

YOU state YOU order each mini bust, but yet on this one YOU forgot your CC#? Whose fault is that? YOU messed up, YOU go to the back of the line.

And to say that the people at BD should know that YOU order each mini bust, come on man, there are allot of people out there, they are not going rememeber what everyone gets.

Instead of wishing bad intenetions on BD, stop collecting BD busts. Your stress levels will go down.

:puke2:

Well said.

Sam Wilson
12-16-2005, 11:09 AM
man, do we really need more back and forth after all the BS this weekend? Can't we just let this one go? Please?

Meta Jon
12-16-2005, 11:11 AM
man, do we really need more back and forth after all the BS this weekend? Can't we just let this one go? Please?
I was going to write something along the lines as most everyone else here (was going to quote Tet) then I read this and decided to just say
Have a Merry Christmas :)

thecallahan
12-16-2005, 11:17 AM
Wow, sorry you had so much trouble getting the Red Angel variant. I was trying to give away my FF4 She-Hulk and Red Angel's but no one wanted them.

I say take a deep breath and realize this is only a hobby, maybe an important one but in the end, if you don't get a bust or statue right away, will you die?

...Man, I just realized if he dies that would make me look like an even bigger ass than I already am!... Please don't die!!!

OneOne78
12-16-2005, 11:17 AM
Welcome aboard and try not to :bawling: so much. These things happen. I missed out on several pieces due to this years hurricanes working on FEMA details for the past 3 months. Still $60 is not bad, trying getting a phasing Vision now a days.

Jack8022
12-16-2005, 11:39 AM
Hey, getting an exclusive for $60 is a pretty good deal.
That should've calmed you down a bit. Remember, it's just a hobby.

qc_mohawks
12-16-2005, 11:59 AM
I still dont understand why it is impossible for BD to take pre-orders on all their busts to make certain that everyone who wants one can get one.

BD DID screw my order up.....I've got the return email to prove it!

I just dont like the CC fiascos and all the variants.....most of them seem unneeded.

for those outside the US...i never knew you had it so bad when it came to obtaining these things.

again...i am a big fan of RB's work.....its just his business practices i can't stand.

sorry it that rubs some of you the wrong way, but i was lead to believe posting your views on a forum was ok.

Tetragrammaton
12-16-2005, 12:08 PM
sorry it that rubs some of you the wrong way, but i was lead to believe posting your views on a forum was ok.

Well now you know better. :laugh:

Just to let you know qc_mohawks, it is great that you express yourself and stand up when you find something unfair. What you may be unaware of being new, there has been a lot of negativity on these forums, particularly the bowen section, over the last little while and people are a little on edge.

Nothing personal. Hope everything works out for you in the end.

thecallahan
12-16-2005, 12:10 PM
Oh, posting your views is perfectly fine. Just don't be pissed when other people post their views in return. It's a two way street and all that.

I really am sorry you had this fiasco but again, in the long run, would it have been the end of the world if you missed out on the Angel bust? I'm just asking for a little perspective is all.

TK-421
12-16-2005, 12:13 PM
I think posting your views is okay, but wishing ill will torwards BD and thier licensing will not win you many friends. There are always going to be exclusives and lower number runs of certain products, this it a common thread among all types of collectibles not just BD.
Again, I go back to the first part of your original thread, YOU forgot to add your CC# to the order form not BD. YOU failed to fill out the form properly, YOU lost your place in line.

qc_mohawks
12-16-2005, 12:14 PM
fair enough.....why was i so mad....because up until that point i had a complete collection of all bowen minis.

now i can understand most of you dont collect that way, which is fine.....but i do

when that hole existed in my collection i felt like the entire collection was worth a little less to me since i now didnt have the complete set.

and to top it off, i was no fault of my own.

so yeah, i was mad & still am about it.......one guy said it best....if BD would make online ordering available then a point like this would be moot

qc_mohawks
12-16-2005, 12:15 PM
I think posting your views is okay, but wishing ill will torwards BD and thier licensing will not win you many friends. There are always going to be exclusives and lower number runs of certain products, this it a common thread among all types of collectibles not just BD.
Again, I go back to the first part of your original thread, YOU forgot to add your CC# to the order form not BD. YOU failed to fill out the form properly, YOU lost your place in line.

i didnt lose my place in line....i was just asked for my cc# which i provided in a return email.....they recieved all my information in plenty of time...they just dropped the ball & lost my order.

Jesse321
12-16-2005, 12:17 PM
Red Angel is still readily available on both ebay an in alot of LCS (mine still has one on display) and even Danny still has some too

http://www.comicstatues.com/bowen_angel_red_exclusive_bust.html

yeah, you're going to have to pay more for it than if you had gotten one from BD's dierctly .. and that does suck, but it's not the end of the world.

And I can understand your completest point of view too, until Bishop was announced I was a completest and I missed out on the Gold Bucky too.

cyberpunk12
12-16-2005, 12:19 PM
then I hope phase III is BD's last.
companies that misuse licenses dont deserve to have them in the first place.

Time to write a nasty letter to Marvel & let them know how I feel about this.....I encourage others who dont like it to do the same.

I dont understand what is so hard/wrong with taking advanced orders to ensure everyone who wants a certain bust gets one.I sympathize with you qc... it sux to think you have something taken care of, only to find out you don't and have to pay more later to remedy the hole in your collection. It's unfortunate that things like this happen, and hopefully your frustration and anger will pass. After chrome Ultron, gold Bucky, and phasing Vision, I'm sure you'll see changes in the way these limited edition items will be handled in the future.

But to say that Bowen Designs is undeserving of or misusing the license? I don't follow... for the money I hear it takes to get a license from Marvel, I don't think anyone would make light of that kind of investment and use it merely as a chance to screw over collectors. It's a business arrangement after all, and Bowen Designs is in it to make money.

In my opinion, Randy has shown time and again that he's a class act and looks out for his fans whenever possible. It's in his best interests to keep his customers happy, and his company is one of the few that goes above and beyond to nurture that relationship. The limited runs we've seen of late were pretty much set in response to feedback received from fans.

I remember the feeling I got when I found out Phase I was ending and Bowen would no longer be making Marvel pieces. It was like I lost a friend or something... Conversely, I danced a jig when I found out they were reuniting. I hope BD and Marvel can stay together for years to come... There's a lot of ground left to cover!

Glad to hear you managed to find a red Angel for a pretty reasonable price though... it's a great looking bust :thumbs2:

speedracer
12-16-2005, 12:20 PM
That's the way it goes..=)...we all have to keep going..=)..there are a lot of things i want too but i somehow get unlucky..brush yourself off and keep going..;)

imthkman
12-16-2005, 12:20 PM
I still dont understand why it is impossible for BD to take pre-orders on all their busts to make certain that everyone who wants one can get one.
BD DID screw my order up.....I've got the return email to prove it!

I just dont like the CC fiascos and all the variants.....most of them seem unneeded.

for those outside the US...i never knew you had it so bad when it came to obtaining these things.

again...i am a big fan of RB's work.....its just his business practices i can't stand.

I think there was a post about this a while back. Not sure what set it off, but someone made the same suggestion. (Might have been War Machine, which got allocated pretty heavily.) Anyway, I believe RB answered the question about why he couldn't/wouldn't do it that way. Sorry I can't remember the answer or the thread. Maybe do a search on "pre-orders" or something along those lines.

risingstar
12-16-2005, 12:24 PM

Posting views is fine. However, if the manner in which those views are expressed are perceived to lack a certain tact, some people might take exception or perhaps offence. They may then respond with their own posting of a personal view of your statement or actions. You can't just throw a few sucker punches at people and then hide underneath a rock. You can't have it both ways.

There would be a major backlash if BD lost its Marvel license because you didn't get an Angel bust. Personally, I view that as an awfully punitive suggestion on your part if not incredibly selfish. Are you truly prepared to shut BD down for everyone just because you didn't get an Angel bust? Did you think for a moment how that type of move would affect the people working for BD, stores, sculptors, not to mention fans worldwide?

It's too bad that you didn't get your Angel bust and that you had to pay $10 more to buy one. That being said, I'd be more concerned at what you saw as a fitting punishment for your inconvenience. That is quite the vindictive streak you seem to have there...

qc_mohawks
12-16-2005, 12:24 PM
i just wanted to say thanks to all the input (pro & con) i have gotten on this issue.

it looks like there is a large fountain of information floating around this forum.

Nightcrawler777
12-16-2005, 12:28 PM
i just wanted to say thanks to all the input (pro & con) i have gotten on this issue.

it looks like there is a large fountain of information floating around this forum.

There is Definitly a Large Fountain of Something Floating around This Forum...lol... :laugh: :laugh:

thecallahan
12-16-2005, 12:29 PM

Most of it bad. :laugh:

utappedout
12-16-2005, 12:30 PM
"it looks like there is a large fountain of information floating around this forum."

This forum is a TREMENDOUS source of infomation as well as being a great community. It is great to hear different points of view on the various topics. You're gonna like it here :)

thecallahan
12-16-2005, 12:33 PM
Just don't make any polls. Wolverine1 might get jealous. :D

Statuesque Fellow
12-16-2005, 12:40 PM
Why are you guy's entertaining this TROLL?? :laugh:

thecallahan
12-16-2005, 12:41 PM
Why are you guy's entertaining this TROLL?? :laugh:

I'm booooored and he doesn't have troll status yet, we can turn it around!

vudoo1979
12-16-2005, 12:49 PM
Ok..I understand your frustration but this is the ART of Collecting. Unfortunately you win some and lose some. This is not the only thing I collect, I also collect Barbie dolls and I run into the same thing trust me. However I do not go around bashing MAttel or Barbie for this. I lost out.

You should take back what you said about Bowen or just go ahead and sell your collection now. Did you get a Gold Bucky? If you did great. If don't boo freakin hoo.

So you paid 60 for angel. Guess what I paid 90 for She hulk... Get a Life.

Like everyone else you need a lesson in collecting.

Captain Late
12-16-2005, 12:54 PM
I don't know about everybody else but i'm a little shocked that needing a # would get your order dropped. I'm not sure if you mean credit card or collectors club by cc but I only order direct for exclusives and BD just takes my name and that's it. Everything else is on file. If you order everything direct I would think they wouldn't ask you for anything... And I can't believe Red Angel has caused a fuss...

Tetragrammaton
12-16-2005, 12:54 PM
Just don't make any polls. Wolverine1 might get jealous. :D
Where in the world is Wolverine1?

Wolverine1
http://tinypic.com/io0tmr.gif
SNIKT!
Last Activity: 12-14-2005 10:42 PM

Statuesque Fellow
12-16-2005, 12:58 PM
I think this cat is a troll, but I'll play along just for kicks - it's his own fault for not submitting an order correctly in the first place. How hard is it to correctly place an order w/BD?? Not very. He then probably didn't get a corrected order back into them by the deadline, or screwed it up a second time. THIS is BD's fault? I think not :peoples:

Captain Late
12-16-2005, 01:06 PM
I think it's BB myself... The story sounds weird... As far as I know Heather and Virginia look up everything when they get the name and if this guy orders direct then they know him pretty well, how many of us really order even the majority of stuff direct?
I order every blue moon and there's never a problem, I have my cc# declined and they email me and take care of it, no problemo... And Red Freakin' Angel? C'mon, he's the single most underwhelming exclusive out there...

Captain Late
12-16-2005, 01:07 PM
Man we've totally skipped over the the fact that Vudoo1979 collects Barbies... :laugh:

Jesse321
12-16-2005, 01:10 PM
Man we've totally skipped over the the fact that Vudoo1979 collects Barbies... :laugh:I don't think we really wanna know about that. :laugh:

DDura711
12-16-2005, 01:13 PM
I think this cat is a troll, but I'll play along just for kicks - it's his own fault for not submitting an order correctly in the first place. How hard is it to correctly place an order w/BD?? Not very. He then probably didn't get a corrected order back into them by the deadline, or screwed it up a second time. THIS is BD's fault? I think not :peoples:
Hell that's what I did. I forgot to get my order in on time, got pissed I FORGOT called Bowen and there was nothing I could do. So I sucked it up and paid more for it. It's THAT easy.

DDura711
12-16-2005, 01:15 PM
fair enough.....why was i so mad....because up until that point i had a complete collection of all bowen minis.

now i can understand most of you dont collect that way, which is fine.....but i do

when that hole existed in my collection i felt like the entire collection was worth a little less to me since i now didnt have the complete set.
and to top it off, i was no fault of my own.

so yeah, i was mad & still am about it.......one guy said it best....if BD would make online ordering available then a point like this would be moot
Yeah well you can rant all you want but 1 the limited run on all the pieces will now make your collection worth that much more. 2 the chase is part of the fun. & 3 I'm guessing you haven't heard about the 100 limited variant base on Sas's bust yet have ya :laugh:. And NO I'm not kidding.

rxj71
12-16-2005, 01:22 PM
I just can't believe all this complaining for one bust or another. I don't hear anyone complaining that Gentle Giant is producing busts that they are giving away to friends and are not available to anyone else. What if Randy produced a super ultra limited platinum Bucky that he would give to 25 friends and wouldn't make it available to club members or anyone else? He has the right to produce how many pieces he wants and sell them anyway he wants. Sometimes mistakes happen. You've never order something from anywhere else where you didn't get your order, or it got lost in the mail?

I remember when UltraDeck was producing the x-men trading cards in '94-'95. They had extra rare inserts that you'd find in 1:360 packs. Should I have sent them complain letters if I didn't find one in the packs that I bought?

Ok, so BD made a mistake and you didn't get your Red Angel - you had to go on eBay and get it for a few dollars more - you should see all the people outside US that have to get everything from eBay and pay more, and pay duties and pay extra for shipping - how come they're not complaining...

MiamiLoco
12-16-2005, 01:22 PM
http://www.hometown.aol.com/miamicrzym/images/nobust.gif

kirthew
12-16-2005, 01:27 PM
WWWAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH... I Was screwed... WAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I agree with this guy... Bowen should make a bust for everyong... 10,000 Speedballs for all... 100,000 Spiderman Fullsizes... 1 Million Cable busts!!! How about we stop limited print runs altogether... you need that Hulk Mini Bust... just call Heather up... she will run out to the back.. pour some resin goop into the Hulk Mini Bust mold... and bakeo presto... New Hulk Mini bust...

Hey... maybe Randy could get into Home kits... 'Hey mom... I want the new Bucky-Do-It-Yourself bake oven!'

Get a life... you missed out on one bust that you went and had to pay 4 dollars more for... I missed out on the Microsoft and Google IPO... BOYCOTT MICROSOFT... I hope they loose their ability to make money!

Tetragrammaton
12-16-2005, 01:30 PM
What's so wrong with collecting Barbies?

Man, when did we all get so judgemental?

darthrobbler
12-16-2005, 01:40 PM
Tetragrammaton-What's so wrong with collecting Barbies?

Barbie and a shafting thread should not be mixed.
Bad VooDoo.

CanadianMachine
12-16-2005, 01:42 PM

Hey, when you are as perfect as I am, your allowed to be judgemental. :eplus2:

Sniper
12-16-2005, 01:47 PM

there's nothing wrong with collecting BArbies , I collect every marvel and dc character for my daughter. :buttrock:

as for the newbie welcome and relax here's what I say

The reason I don't have ulcers is becasue I know when to say I don't give a F@ck!!!

Also hawk I stopped being a completist after the gold bucky, I could have gotten it for 300 bucks from a forum member but I didnt even like the bust, it wasnt something I really wanted so I saw the stupidity of my ways of buying all the busts because I wanted a set. hope this bit of advice helps....

armitage
12-16-2005, 01:52 PM
WTF is wrong with people and their petty BS. It's Christmas time.
I think people should stop revolving around themselves for at least the time being. Wake up and smell the coffee, there are a hell of alot worse things going on outside your front door than not getting what you want. " I didn't get a gold Bucky"...uh..."They did'nt make enough of this and that." ..."I wish Bowen would chrome this and that."
It's all about You!
It not like there are people dying over seas in a war, far from their home. Or people put outta work from out sourced jobs. Homeless people starving in the cold etc.etc.
Just be thankful for the things you do have. (sorry for ranting)
Peace.
(And yes, I did say Christmas but you can feel free to insert holiday as you choose.) :)

qc_mohawks
12-16-2005, 01:53 PM
I know about sasquatch's base....and i think that sucks too.

variants, variants, and more variants. :rolleyes2

jimi311
12-16-2005, 02:02 PM
I almost got screwed on the Red ANgel as well. I emailed my order and got a confirmation. Thanks to the forum everyone was saying that they had been charged. I had not so I called and they told me I didn't order. Busted them though because had my Confirm email. THey made me send it so I skipped out on work early and fired the email to them. THe very nice Virginia called an hour later and said I was lucky and they said I was getting one of the last they had in stock. But unlike PV and GB they are going for only around 65 on eBay so I would not have been to upset

BD does enough business online that it is unbeleivable that they do not have a online ordering system. Faxing orders is not the best way to do business. I know because I deal with faxing crap all day long.

kirthew
12-16-2005, 02:03 PM
I know about sasquatch's base....and i think that sucks too.

variants, variants, and more variants. :rolleyes2

My Friend... I have just the company for you... They overproduce so you are never left in the cold.. they have a decent selection of sculpts.. and they have the whole marvel universe... just like Bowen.. it is called Marvel Legends.. No wait.. they have variants as well.. damnit... hmmm How about Sideshow Toys... No wait... variants there... hmmm... Hard Hero... There you go.. no wait... Their Silver Surfer FS had a variant or 13... hmmm How about this... the company just for you is Diamond Select Toys... They are perfect for you... No variants... just statues...

darthrobbler
12-16-2005, 02:04 PM
I want a chrome Bowen bust of, well, myself.

Because I rock.

darthrobbler
12-16-2005, 02:04 PM
My Friend... I have just the company for you... They overproduce so you are never left in the cold.. they have a decent selection of sculpts.. and they have the whole marvel universe... just like Bowen.. it is called Marvel Legends.. No wait.. they have variants as well.. damnit... hmmm How about Sideshow Toys... No wait... variants there... hmmm... Hard Hero... There you go.. no wait... Their Silver Surfer FS had a variant or 13... hmmm How about this... the company just for you is Diamond Select Toys... They are perfect for you... No variants... just statues...
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

kirthew
12-16-2005, 02:07 PM
Oh crap.. I have to correct myself... DST is going to have a convention varient... Hey mohawks... your just f'ed.

nbr3bagshotrow
12-16-2005, 02:11 PM
I think BD should go to requiring us to mail our orders in. Then we can blame the post office.:laugh:

nbr3bagshotrow
12-16-2005, 02:12 PM
Oh crap.. I have to correct myself... DST is going to have a convention varient... Hey mohawks... your just f'ed.
DST has produced all sorts of variants for the ultimate line. So if you want to collect something that doesn't have varients, try Barbies!:laugh:

GambitX266
12-16-2005, 02:16 PM
Sorry, I can't beleive how badly this guy is getting trashed on this forum. There is a similar thread about a Phasing Vision, and that guy isn't getting trashed one bit. I didn't read every single thread, so I'm sure there's more to the story...but how about a little compassion? Welcome to the forum, i guess...

thecallahan
12-16-2005, 02:26 PM
Sorry, I can't beleive how badly this guy is getting trashed on this forum. There is a similar thread about a Phasing Vision, and that guy isn't getting trashed one bit. I didn't read every single thread, so I'm sure there's more to the story...but how about a little compassion? Welcome to the forum, i guess...

Shut it! We can ostrascize anyone we want!! Maybe you'd like to be the next target. Ehh? Ehh? Heh :p . For my defense I never trashed the dude. Just showed a different perspective for him to look at. If you like, I can go trash the people in the Phasing Vision thread too? I don't mind. I have a lot of free time today. :p

darthrobbler
12-16-2005, 02:27 PM
We are just replying to some of the statements he has said.
And welcome to the forum yourself.

Just_joseph
12-16-2005, 02:27 PM
I was screwed out of a Red Angel mini bust by BD. When I ordered, they sent a reply via email requesting my CC#. I asked them for it, since I couldnt find my coupon.....they replied & I resent my order in. The bust itself was forgotten about due to shear volume (I order 1 of EACH mini bust & THEY KNOW THIS!!)

After searching some forums I found where guys were talking about how they got theirs around Halloween, so I started to go through my busts searching for mine since I didnt rememebr it coming in the mail.

Of course I didnt have one, and when I asked BD about this they claimed they never rec'd an order from me......which was total B.S.!

Heather refered me to an online guy who she vouched was a good guy who had several & she tod me if I explained my situation the guy would take care of me......

BOY DID HE.....he offered to sell me one of his extras at a nice 70% mark-up of the original price?!

Luckily I got one for $60 this week, but I still had to pay an inflated price due to BDs screw-up.

This is just another reason I HATE low #'d pieces whos sole purpose is to drive up their collectability. BD needs to knock this crap off & make runs of NO LESS than 1k to give all their loyal customers a fair shot at getting one.....not so flippers can cash in on 'em.

I bit strong on VOICE since most people here ....... respect and "back-up" Bowen Designs. Your situation was probably a loss of communication. Don't get disgruntled. We've all had a bad experience in our hobby.

kirthew
12-16-2005, 02:35 PM
I can see it now... Forum Fueds... The guys over at Rebelscum are plotting and planning their next attack.. 'Hey... lets go attack the Bowen Designs guys at Statueforum.com...' and then the Sideshow Forum are rubbing their hands together.. "Umm... I heard that Rebelscum is going to go attack Statueforum... lets beat them to it..." And then you have the two people on the DC Direct forum who yell.. Marvel Sux! all the time ready to jump on over here to bash BD as well... Ahhh... if only the world was ran by me.

darthrobbler
12-16-2005, 02:41 PM
and we used to be such a happy group...

Meta Jon
12-16-2005, 02:43 PM

Wolverine1
SNIKT!
Maybe he got a girlfriend? :laugh:

C. Bormann
12-16-2005, 02:54 PM
and we used to be such a happy group...
Remember the good old days, when we could blame everything on PIMBOT5000.

Daywalker
12-16-2005, 02:56 PM
Maybe he got a girlfriend? :laugh:
:laugh:

unless u where being serisous in which case :laugh: :laugh:

Bullseye
12-16-2005, 02:57 PM
This is not Bowen customer services. This should be directed directly to Bowen Design. We've had enough BD bashing over the last month or so. I can understand your frustrations on the Red Angle Bust but is this the place to post it?

jimi311
12-16-2005, 03:15 PM
Last time I checked a forum was for discussing opinions and I know this is the Bowen Designs portion of the forum so.............................................

jimi311
12-16-2005, 03:16 PM
Let it rip. Good or bad people want to talk Bowen and come here to do it!

Wolverine1
12-16-2005, 03:18 PM

Wolverine1
SNIKT!
I am lonely!

Jesse321
12-16-2005, 03:19 PM
Let it rip. Good or bad people want to talk Bowen and come here to do it!For once I have to agree with jimi ... good ro bad, this is a valid subject.

Daywalker
12-16-2005, 03:22 PM
Last time I checked a forum was for discussing opinions and I know this is the Bowen Designs portion of the forum so.............................................
as i agree with u about a forum being a place to voice ur opinions about certain things - saying BD sucks cuz i didnt get this exclusive blah blah blah isnt an opinion thats a rant

Sniper
12-16-2005, 03:29 PM
I think BD should go to requiring us to mail our orders in. Then we can blame the post office.:laugh:
we would blame boony!

risingstar
I think expressing opinions is wrong and should be outlawed.
That is my opinion.

rychehitman
Sniper,

you dont check your PM's, or what?

Jesse321
12-16-2005, 03:31 PM
I think expressing opinions is wrong and should be outlawed.
That is my opinion.You're under arresst!! Come out with your opinions in the air!! :eplus2:

kirthew
12-16-2005, 03:31 PM
as i agree with u about a forum being a place to voice ur opinions about certain things - saying BD sucks cuz i didnt get this exclusive blah blah blah isnt an opinion thats a rant

Maybe we need a rant section... where nothing is offlimits... no holds barred... you mad at the guy who just cut you off... come on here and rip him a new one... disappointed that your gf dumped you because she is into chicks... come lay it down in a rant forum... angry that you just slipped Wolverine1 a 20 for a lap dance and he went and bought 2 Marvel Legends action figures... spout off in the rant forum...

Daywalker
12-16-2005, 03:33 PM
Maybe we need a rant section... where nothing is offlimits... no holds barred... you mad at the guy who just cut you off... come on here and rip him a new one... disappointed that your gf dumped you because she is into chicks... come lay it down in a rant forum... angry that you just slipped Wolverine1 a 20 for a lap dance and he went and bought 2 Marvel Legends action figures... spout off in the rant forum...
LOL :laugh:
but serisouly maybe a rant section is a good idea

Tony Coca
12-16-2005, 03:35 PM
hey newjack welcome to the club I hope you never get anything you want.
learn how to collect.
WOW I see you have the Holiday Cheer. :laugh:

Nightcrawler777
12-16-2005, 03:40 PM

Wolverine1
SNIKT!

I think his Power May be Out..
His area got hit with the Ice Storm..

I think?!?!?!

Tony Coca
12-16-2005, 03:41 PM
I think his Power May be Out..
His area got hit with the Ice Storm..

I think?!?!?!

Yes now i can catch up to his post count. :laugh:

Bullseye
12-16-2005, 04:01 PM

Yeah but this is clearly a customer services problem and nothing anything any of us can do so.....

risingstar
12-16-2005, 04:06 PM
Yeah but this is clearly a customer services problem and nothing anything any of us can do so.....

Personally, I believe that anyone who buys statues and busts shouldn't be allowed posting at this site. It should be customer-free.

mwf6171
12-16-2005, 04:08 PM
Personally, I believe that anyone who buys statues and busts shouldn't be allowed posting at this site. It should be customer-free.

Then there would be no one here!! :rolleyes2 :confused2 :laugh:

Bullseye
12-16-2005, 04:10 PM

For **** sake i'm not saying that. But the title says shafted. Shafted in my book is not someone making a mistake in accounts and missing your order for a mini bust worth $40. Shafted is were someone says they are going to sell you something for $150 and then look for $300 because thats what they are getting on ebay. You think your being shafted try paying $300 for every damn FS release here in Europe. Hell we are being shafted because BD won't get a ****ing licence to sell direct to ****ing Europe.

risingstar
12-16-2005, 04:11 PM
Bullsy, I was totally kidding... The post was not at all meant to be taken seriously......... :)

Bullseye
12-16-2005, 04:12 PM
Bullsy, I was totally kidding... The post was not at all meant to be taken seriously......... :)

Okay i'm having a crappy day...continue on. :laugh:

Jesse321
12-16-2005, 04:13 PM
For **** sake i'm not saying that. But the title says shafted. Shafted in my book is not someone making a mistake in accounts and missing your order for a mini bust worth $40. Shafted is were someone says they are going to sell you something for $150 and then look for $300 because thats what they are getting on ebay. You think your being shafted try paying $300 for every damn FS release here in Europe. Hell we are being shafted because BD won't get a ****ing licence to sell direct to ****ing Europe.:eek: WHOA! :eek:

risingstar
12-16-2005, 04:18 PM
How much could it be to sell to Europe? I have no idea.
Can't BD just add an extra $5 charge or something to each statue that goes over there to make up for the license cost?

mwf6171
12-16-2005, 04:19 PM
Can't BD just add an extra $5 charge or something to each statue that goes over there to make up for the license cost?

I think part of the problem is he has to pony up the $$$$$$ before sending the stuff out.....

risingstar
12-16-2005, 04:21 PM
I think part of the problem is he has to pony up the $$$$$$ before sending the stuff out.....

Granted. But how steep could it be to see this as an unsound move?
I lived in london, UK for a couple of years. I could see myself disappointed at not being able to buy certain things.

Bullseye
12-16-2005, 04:24 PM

Don't know risingstar. I think Marvel want too much money from BD. Plus everyone keeps saying that Attakus has the licence for Europe (thats crap for a start). SS have a licence and they ship worldwide. I'm one of the lucky ones, theres so many great people on these boards that will hook me up with them at the member discout rates. God Bless America. :)

vudoo1979
12-16-2005, 04:34 PM
Man we've totally skipped over the the fact that Vudoo1979 collects Barbies...

Okay...I started collecting those before I feel in love withthe statues and bust..So yes I have a huge collection of those...And those do increase in value. Plus I am a GIRL!!!!! And what I was getting at in any collecting you get some of the exclusives and then again you don't........

nbr3bagshotrow
12-16-2005, 04:39 PM
risingstar, here's a thread to read on just that topic.

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=17060

risingstar
12-16-2005, 04:51 PM
risingstar, here's a thread to read on just that topic.

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=17060

Just read the first 5 pages... No easy answers, I see.

Meta Jon
12-16-2005, 05:22 PM
Man we've totally skipped over the the fact that Vudoo1979 collects Barbies...

Okay...I started collecting those before I feel in love withthe statues and bust..So yes I have a huge collection of those...And those do increase in value. Plus I am a GIRL!!!!! And what I was getting at in any collecting you get some of the exclusives and then again you don't........

Well then, at least Ddura has some female company. :laugh:

PS I hate all exclusives

Captain Late
12-16-2005, 05:43 PM
I'm only kidding Vudoo, I figured you'd be a girl!

MONSTER
12-16-2005, 05:56 PM
Sideshow just screwed me over. They knew I had to work today and they decided to release the exclusive Anakin figure anyways.

I don't understand why they hate me. :rolleyes2

Tattoo-S
12-16-2005, 06:27 PM
It's too bad that you didn't get your Angel bust and that you had to pay $10 more to buy one. That being said, I'd be more concerned at what you saw as a fitting punishment for your inconvenience. That is quite the vindictive streak you seem to have there...
I agree with most everything you say in your original post. However $60 is only $3.00 more than it cost to get it in the first place, so IMO (shipping aside) you didn't get screwed there. I am sorry that you are having a rough time with this one, but I had a helluva time accepting the end of a completest era when we didn't not get selected for a Gold Bucky. However, this being the season of perpetual hope and all, know that there are some AWESOME people on this forum. You may find that if you miss something it may become available to you through an un-expected venue. It has happened and in fact I am off right now to email someone who posted about missing something in this particular thread to offer up a little something special for Christmas. :)

Tattoo-S
12-16-2005, 06:32 PM
I think Troll is a little harsh yet (though it is one of my favorite pet names). I myself have forgotten to either sign the CC signature line, or put my CC#, however, I always catch it on the double check and immediately email Heather. Must be my paranoia......I don't really think that laying blame is EVER a good thing, but particularly in this case, it is just an oversight on both sides of the coin. I think there might be a lesson to be learned here from everyone who submits via fax orders. :)

Cheer up.......There is always hope.
I am sure we are not the only 2 to have ever done anything like this. :o

Tattoo-S
12-16-2005, 06:38 PM
Actually I know someone who mails all their orders in and so far has had zero problems. Hehehehehe

Tattoo-S
12-16-2005, 06:46 PM
Sideshow just screwed me over. They knew I had to work today and they decided to release the exclusive Anakin figure anyways.

Because it's so darn easy to do.......:) Just kidding, nothing but love for you baby! :p

FNGrimm
12-16-2005, 06:46 PM

Corporations baby, but heather does have a sexy voice

Tattoo-S
12-16-2005, 06:52 PM
Well, as you can tell....I was sort of responding as I wandered through this thread, and now that I have completed the whole thing, this is what I have to say on the subject.....Barbies, selfishness, and trolls....Oh MY!!

Do you think a Group Hug is outline here? :o

vudoo1979
12-16-2005, 07:08 PM
Hugs**

Bullseye
12-16-2005, 07:35 PM

They just to. Accept it. :laugh:

chasethedragon
12-16-2005, 08:22 PM

Do you wish they would lose the Star Wars license?

Gatekeeper2Hell
12-16-2005, 09:32 PM
I wish Lucas would lose the Star Wars license so he'd stop "fixing" the movies.

JR2
12-16-2005, 10:45 PM
Remember the good old days, when we could blame everything on PIMBOT5000.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Daywalker
12-16-2005, 10:46 PM
well its not his fault we all fell in love wiht an unfinished peice :confused2

rychehitman
12-16-2005, 10:55 PM
Well....

Greedo did NOT shoot first!

Han blew his ass away!

Daywalker
12-16-2005, 10:56 PM
Well....

Greedo did NOT shoot first!

Han blew his ass away!
is ther any single starwars fan on the GD planet that liked the greedo shooting first scene ???? :banghead:

JR2
12-16-2005, 11:04 PM
is ther any single starwars fan on the GD planet that liked the greedo shooting first scene ???? :banghead:

No. No, there isn't.

The only thing worse was the attempt to make the shots simultaneous in the most recent DVD versions.
:banghead:

darthrobbler
12-16-2005, 11:07 PM
um..Lucas doesn't have a SW license, HE IS STAR WARS! He owns, OWNS every aspect of it and can do what he wants, how he wants, when he wants. He'll always own Star Wars as long as he lives and even after death will have it entrusted to somebody who will keep with his ideals on how it should be.
And NO there is not a single SW fan out there that likes the Greedo shooting scene. It was cr@p!

risingstar
12-17-2005, 12:06 AM

This is a bizarre post.

As Lucas is Star Wars, the only way he could "lose" the license would be to sell it.

I couldn't even begin to imagine how much the Star Wars enterprise is worth.

msw313
12-18-2005, 03:37 AM
um..Lucas doesn't have a SW license, HE IS STAR WARS! He owns, OWNS every aspect of it and can do what he wants, how he wants, when he wants. He'll always own Star Wars as long as he lives...

This is a bizarre post.

As Lucas is Star Wars, the only way he could "lose" the license would be to sell it.

I couldn't even begin to imagine how much the Star Wars enterprise is worth.
You guys ARE joking, right? I mean, you can see that this post was satirical in intent, right? There's not a sentient being on the planet who's unaware that Lucas=Star Wars. Gatekeeper is obviously being facetious (I hope!). :rolleyes2

msw313
12-18-2005, 03:42 AM

I don't understand why they hate me.
Do you wish they would lose the Star Wars license?
In keeping with the theme of the thread...ABSOLUTELY! The bums deserve nothing less for the mental anguish they've inflicted! :eplus2: