PDA

View Full Version : Let's Shift from Shafters...

bomen
12-16-2005, 03:52 PM
Yeesh, at last count, at least THREE "Shafting" posts in the newbies...I don't know about the rest of you, but is I'm tired of the whining......life's too short, and in the end, all'a this, while mildly entertaining, just isn't that important.

Anybody else agree? disagree? wanna just shaft the whole thing? :laugh:

risingstar
12-16-2005, 03:54 PM
I want more whining.
Pencil me in for a 3 o'clock appointment.

mwf6171
12-16-2005, 03:57 PM
They could at least serve some cheese with their whine!!! :eplus2:

Jack8022
12-16-2005, 04:40 PM
Who's richard roundtree?

nbr3bagshotrow
12-16-2005, 04:42 PM
Just like the Movie/TV or comic sections where we include "Spoilers" in the subject where there are plot/news included, it should be mandatory to include "Whining" in the subject so we can pass over those threads.:laugh:

mwf6171
12-16-2005, 04:44 PM
Seriously........I need some Brie!!!

Capt. America
12-16-2005, 04:55 PM
:eplus2: What's the use in crying about it....you can buy one off of ebay

3D Figure
12-16-2005, 04:57 PM
:eplus2: What's the use in crying about it....you can buy one off of ebay

he he thats what I amgoing to do. But im not laughing

www.3dfigure.com

Stef Jelos
12-16-2005, 04:58 PM
Yeesh, at last count, at least THREE "Shafting" posts in the newbies...I don't know about the rest of you, but is I'm tired of the whining......life's too short, and in the end, all'a this, while mildly entertaining, just isn't that important.

Anybody else agree? disagree? wanna just shaft the whole thing? :laugh:.

More fun to read than another Wolverine1 "which X-character needs a statue" poll

bomen
12-16-2005, 05:24 PM
Who's richard roundtree?

:mad: i youngsters...

Played "Shaft" , 1972, thereabouts...

now eat your Gerbers... :laugh:

Jack8022
12-16-2005, 05:44 PM
Youngster? LOL, thanks! I'm always afraid I sound like the old guy on the forum!
I didn't make that connection.

Teague
12-16-2005, 06:11 PM
I need an option that says "I sympathize, but really, they're statues, and we all get screwed over by fate once in a while." It does suck, and some guys have legitimate beefs, but other posters, with their "I hope Bowen loses their Marvel license" and stuff just need to seriously shut up. Also, read up on "How to Win Friends and Influence People". Hint: it's not to come on a board devoted to a hobby, whine about something, and then attack one of the primary companies supplying that hobby. :rolleyes2

Gatekeeper2Hell
12-16-2005, 10:24 PM
You know, I was planning to use my experience with lost orders to praise Heather in a few days when I get my Wolverine bust. But I think I need to do this now.

I usually get my orders from BD almost a week after pics & numbers start appearing on the forum. So I wasn't really thinking about it until November 30, when I had UPS numbers for Vulture and Gold Bucky and still hadn't received Wolverine. I checked my records and couldn't find a charge. When I checked with Heather, they appearantly hadn't received my fax back in August. She had me re-fax my order and attempted to find one for me.

When I called this week to check what I currently had on order (slightly paranoid that other orders may have been lost too), Heather said she was trying to find a direct account store that still had some available and get them to cut me a deal. I mentioned that it looked like Drod might still have some left. She called Drod and arranged for him to get me one at his pre-order price, which was less than the BDCC price. It's en route and due to arrive on the 20th.

Now Heather didn't have to help me with this. But she did. And Drod had absolutely no reason to help. He would have made more money if I had just bought it from his store. But he did. And even if they hadn't, I wouldn't have come on here ranting like the babies in the other threads.

Now can we just go back starting fights between Wolverine1 and Jesse? :eplus2:

bat_collector
12-16-2005, 10:26 PM
We're too selfish around here. But it is fun to hear them cry.

rychehitman
12-16-2005, 10:28 PM
I like hearing these stories, as there can be lessons learned. The arguments start when people reply :laugh:

insomniac
12-16-2005, 10:45 PM

Anybody else agree? disagree? wanna just shaft the whole thing? :laugh:

To be honest the whiners don't really bug me. They can post and vent and if everyone left it alone it would go away. The problem is the people whining about the whiners. There will be at least 7-10 post from different people whing about people whining and then it just snowballs.

I think I just made it even worst by whining about the people whining about the whiners. :laugh:

JR2
12-16-2005, 10:49 PM
I'm done with reading more whining.

Could I buy an argument? :D

MKS
12-16-2005, 10:54 PM
This is a unique hobby and the folks at Bowen do their best to keep us happy. If it is not perfect for some, sad, but too bad, it is part of the relatively small universe of Comic Statue collecting and is part of the deal. Hey, I missed out on Gold Bucky and had to resort to ebay.

bigjohn550
12-17-2005, 12:58 AM
We're too selfish around here. But it is fun to hear them cry.
Yep. :laugh: When I want to watch a soap opera I come to this part of the forum.

JadeGiant
12-17-2005, 01:07 AM
Should I start a post to stop the whining about the whining?

msw313
12-18-2005, 03:04 AM
I'm done with reading more whining.

Could I buy an argument? :D
I'm sorry. This is "abuse"... :p