PDA

View Full Version : Bring on the Exclusives, small runs, and Variants!!

TK-421
12-17-2005, 07:26 PM
Bring on the Exclusives, small runs, and Variants!! I love them! I do not have them all yet, but I will get them sometime down the road, because I love the hunt!
I am a collector of comics, mini busts, and occasional FS statue, and I think some people on this forum lose site at times that what we are purchasing from BD are collectibles. And with collectible items come the occasional variant, exclusive, and smaller runs, hence that is what makes them collectible. If BD produced each item for everyone, they would not be collectible now would they? Not to mention it is not a good business practice to overproduce an item because they would go out of business and be stuck with a ton of merchandise.
Filling pre-ordered numbers would not work as well. BD could not run their business this way. I can see it now, "we need to make 5000 Modern Spider-Man FS statues and 75 Scarlet Spider FS statues". Let's face it some items do better then others, and the cost of producing the smaller run would cost you the consumer allot more than $150-$225, we would be talking eBay prices baby.

Plus if we did not have exclusives, variants, or low runs, how can any of us enjoy having that feeling of superiority to those who were not able to purchase the item form BD or their comic shop? I may sound bad but I enjoy the fact that there are pieces in my collection that only a select few of us have, and I know other people do to. Sorry to the people overseas, but there is nothing I can do about that, nor do I want to. Not trying to be mean, I am a collector and you would just make my job harder. You could always move to the states.

One more thing....if people think that having an on-line ordering process will keep mistakes from happening :banghead: , think again. Someone, some order, somewhere, will get lost somehow, and someone will think the got screwed. It happens, it is a part of life, ask Bret Hart.

So in my opinion, keep'em coming Randy. You guys have been producing great pieces and I love them. You and yours have a great Holiday!

To everyone in the forum, you all are great and I wish you a great holiday as well. I know some people will agree or disagree with me, and that is fantastic. Stay cool :buttrock:

There is Always room for jello!! :rolleyes:

C. Bormann
12-17-2005, 07:39 PM
Plus if we did not have exclusives, variants, or low runs, how can any of us enjoy having that feeling of superiority to those who were not able to purchase the item form BD or their comic shop? I may sound bad but I enjoy the fact that there are pieces in my collection that only a select few of us have, and I know other people do to. Sorry to the people overseas, but there is nothing I can do about that, nor do I want to. Not trying to be mean, I am a collector and you would just make my job harder. You could always move to the states.

I understand the point that you are trying to make, but you could have said it a little more tastefully.

Bladedanger
12-17-2005, 07:50 PM
Bring on the Exclusives, small runs, and Variants!! I love them! I do not have them all yet, but I will get them sometime down the road, because I love the hunt!
I am a collector of comics, mini busts, and occasional FS statue, and I think some people on this forum lose site at times that what we are purchasing from BD are collectibles. And with collectible items come the occasional variant, exclusive, and smaller runs, hence that is what makes them collectible. If BD produced each item for everyone, they would not be collectible now would they? Not to mention it is not a good business practice to overproduce an item because they would go out of business and be stuck with a ton of merchandise.
Filling pre-ordered numbers would not work as well. BD could not run their business this way. I can see it now, "we need to make 5000 Modern Spider-Man FS statues and 75 Scarlet Spider FS statues". Let's face it some items do better then others, and the cost of producing the smaller run would cost you the consumer allot more than $150-$225, we would be talking eBay prices baby.

One more thing....if people think that having an on-line ordering process will keep mistakes from happening :banghead: , think again. Someone, some order, somewhere, will get lost somehow, and someone will think the got screwed. It happens, it is a part of life, ask Bret Hart.

So in my opinion, keep'em coming Randy. You guys have been producing great pieces and I love them. You and yours have a great Holiday!

To everyone in the forum, you all are great and I wish you a great holiday as well. I know some people will agree or disagree with me, and that is fantastic. Stay cool :buttrock:

There is Always room for jello!! :rolleyes:

DITTO:

:buttrock:

Tattoo-S
12-17-2005, 07:57 PM
I am a collector of comics, mini busts, and occasional FS statue, and I think some people on this forum lose site at times that what we are purchasing from BD are collectibles. And with collectible items come the occasional variant, exclusive, and smaller runs, hence that is what makes them collectible. If BD produced each item for everyone, they would not be collectible now would they? I agree with you and I support so far........

Plus if we did not have exclusives, variants, or low runs, how can any of us enjoy having that feeling of superiority to those who were not able to purchase the item form BD or their comic shop? Ok, here is where I lose you.....Superiority? This is a fairly selfish motive...don't you think? I may sound bad but I enjoy the fact that there are pieces in my collection that only a select few of us have, and I know other people do to. Ok, I guess I can see and understand this point :o Though I am not sure I agree ..?Sorry to the people overseas, but there is nothing I can do about that, nor do I want to. Not trying to be mean, I am a collector and you would just make my job harder. You could always move to the states.For someone who was NOT trying to be mean, you hit the mark. If I were standing next to you when you say this, I would run in any direction I could.... :confused2

galactus
12-17-2005, 08:00 PM
I've added a fun little poll for everyone...:D

ickwinzs
12-17-2005, 08:03 PM
I've added a fun little poll for everyone...:D
where is it

Bladedanger
12-17-2005, 08:07 PM
where is it
look up :p

High Lord Apocalypse
12-17-2005, 08:35 PM
just to let you know, i made sure you got a SUPER vote, cuz i think you're a SUPER guy! :eplus2:

TK-421
12-17-2005, 09:07 PM
Feaking love the poll, that is great!! :buttrock:
I voted Super Big Anus, becasue it is better then a plain ol' anus.
But to be fair, you really didn't give people a whole lot of choice, like "maybe an anus, but makes some good points"

Okay, maybe "superiority" was the wrong choice of words, but it still has to give you a tingly feeling when you know that you might have something else that some else doesn't. I know there has to be a collector out there that has Golden Bucky and I don't..you know they have a smile on there face now that they know that.

To the people overseas, what i said was a little harsh, and I do apologize, so by all means I deserve the Super Anus vote for that one :laugh:

galactus
12-17-2005, 09:09 PM
Feaking love the poll, that is great!! :buttrock:
I voted Super Big Anus, becasue it is better then a plain ol' anus.
But to be fair, you really didn't give people a whole lot of choice, like "maybe an anus, but makes some good points"

Okay, maybe "superiority" was the wrong choice of words, but it still has to give you a tingly feeling when you know that you might have something else that some else doesn't. I know there has to be a collector out there that has Golden Bucky and I don't..you know they have a smile on there face now that they know that.

To the people overseas, what i said was a little harsh, and I do apologize, so by all means I deserve the Super Anus vote for that one :laugh:

Poll ammended!!! Welcome to the boards :buttrock:

DDura711
12-17-2005, 09:10 PM
Poll ammended!!! Welcome to the boards :buttrock:
I'd like to change my vote to an anus that makes good points.
But it did make me laugh, laugh more because I was expecting a lot of backlash. Well next time I'm sure he'll cause my trouble. :laugh: Big Anus.

stevex2
12-17-2005, 09:37 PM
I gotta agree with Creeper, totally!!!! If everyone has one there is no collectiblity to it and if no one wants it the price goes way down.

CaptCracker
12-17-2005, 10:23 PM
I like a surprise exclusive it brings hype and a lot of reactions. I think we need less varients especially re-paints. Slightly lower number would be good too. I like to have a collection that maintains a sweet value because then it doesn't feel like I'm wasting my money.