PDA

View Full Version : Gentle giant neo statue.

Sgt Taz
12-18-2005, 06:23 AM
I just bought the gentle giant neo statue on ebay.........for $59.99! Is it me or is that realy cheap?? I wasnt even intrested in it but for that price I just couldnt resist. Doesnt that retail for about $100 more?

x-mart
12-18-2005, 06:53 AM
Yeah they go for pretty cheap since Matrix is no longer "cool" in some peoples books ;)
Whatever enjoy it! I also got mine for fairly cheap and it's really cool!

Ludobi_wan
12-18-2005, 08:10 AM
Congratulation !!!!
It's a really beautiful statue, for fan of the Matrix trilogy !!!!!

And, with Trinity ... :rolleyes2

http://universmarvel.com/ftp/ludo/collectiondeludo/resine/neo-statue00.JPG

Zurbaran1
12-18-2005, 10:57 AM
Agreed. That really is a great statue and you got if for a great price. Now you really do need to go out and get Trinity on Bike. Talk about a gorgeous statue.

Bullseye
12-18-2005, 02:06 PM
The more is see Trinity the more i like it.

Zurbaran1
12-18-2005, 02:12 PM
The more is see Trinity the more i like it.

You should see it in person. The pics don't really do it justice.

SpenK
12-18-2005, 02:17 PM
Me Too....... ONE of my Favorites :buttrock:

Sgt Taz
12-18-2005, 02:49 PM
Agreed. That really is a great statue and you got if for a great price. Now you really do need to go out and get Trinity on Bike. Talk about a gorgeous statue.I already have the Trinity on bike statue (since yesterday), and it truly rocks! :buttrock: I saw the neo at the store where I bought the Trinity but it didnt actualy apeal to me. But for $59.99 who could resist, especialy being a matrix fan.

cap70
12-18-2005, 03:04 PM
That's an awesome price. Nice catch. :)
I also have both FS pieces and really like them.

Bullseye
12-18-2005, 03:08 PM
I'd probably have had more interest in the line were it not for Matrix 2 & 3. I may still get these two but that would be it.

Sgt Taz
12-18-2005, 03:23 PM
I'd probably have had more interest in the line were it not for Matrix 2 & 3. I may still get these two but that would be it.A lot (if not most) people share that opinion but I for one LOVE the 2nd & 3rd, even more than the first. Ok so after the first one it wasnt "new" anymore so the warschawski bros couldnt wow you anymore with the story. But I mean come on, the action! All the martial art fights, the whole highway escape scene + fight on the truck, battle for Zion, final showdown between Neo and Smith, the burly brawl... I mean I could just watch them over and over again! Plus you just gotta love the whole "matrix feel", you know the long coats, the sunglasses, the green code, the theme music.........hmmm, all this talk about it...I think I'm gonna watch it right now! :)

Just my 2 cents...

SpenK
12-18-2005, 03:29 PM
A lot (if not most) people share that opinion but I for one LOVE the 2nd & 3rd, even more than the first. Ok so after the first one it wasnt "new" anymore so the warschawski bros couldnt wow you anymore with the story. But I mean come on, the action! All the martial art fights, the whole highway escape scene + fight on the truck, battle for Zion, final showdown between Neo and Smith, the burly brawl... I mean I could just watch them over and over again! Plus you just gotta love the whole "matrix feel", you know the long coats, the sunglasses, the green code, the theme music.........hmmm, all this talk about it...I think I'm gonna watch it right now! :)

Just my 2 cents...
Right there with you bro..................the brothers delivered............what was established in the first..............was done by the end..............for me the whole trilogy is a masterpiece...................... :buttrock:

nexus
12-18-2005, 04:02 PM
Been thinking about getting the Trinity. The Neo would be nice as well if it's cheap.

SpenK
12-18-2005, 04:28 PM
Been thinking about getting the Trinity. The Neo would be nice as well if it's cheap.
Amigo don't Even Think About Getting The Trinity Get Out Now And Get Her.........................It is Amazing...........I Got Her for $175 Shipped ............A Steal.................... :eplus2:

Sgt Taz
12-18-2005, 04:37 PM
Amigo don't Even Think About Getting The Trinity Get Out Now And Get Her.........................It is Amazing...........I Got Her for $175 Shipped ............A Steal.................... :eplus2:
Spenk is right, dont think, get her TODAY!
I paid $300 for her and still think she's worth it. Collecting is expensive if you live outside the us :(

SpenK
12-18-2005, 04:50 PM
Spenk is right, dont think, get her TODAY!
I paid $300 for her and still think she's worth it. Collecting is expensive if you live outside the us :(
Thats True Worth Every Penny And Only 1500 world Wide, Very Original Design for a Statue, Etc...............A Great Achivment From GG Studios......

Ludobi_wan
12-20-2005, 06:55 AM
A lot (if not most) people share that opinion but I for one LOVE the 2nd & 3rd, even more than the first. Ok so after the first one it wasnt "new" anymore so the warschawski bros couldnt wow you anymore with the story. But I mean come on, the action! All the martial art fights, the whole highway escape scene + fight on the truck, battle for Zion, final showdown between Neo and Smith, the burly brawl... I mean I could just watch them over and over again! Plus you just gotta love the whole "matrix feel", you know the long coats, the sunglasses, the green code, the theme music.........hmmm, all this talk about it...I think I'm gonna watch it right now! :)

Just my 2 cents...
+1 :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

leks
12-20-2005, 08:48 AM
I'd only consider the trinity. Only really enjoyed the first movie, allthough I like Keanu here and in some other movies, somehow I wouldnot be keen of having him around as bust or statue :D

In fact I had won trinity earlier but somehow the seller decided not to ship it and to play deaf and mute, at least got my money back through paypal...

thx217
12-20-2005, 10:37 AM
I'd only consider the trinity. Only really enjoyed the first movie, allthough I like Keanu here and in some other movies, somehow I wouldnot be keen of having him around as bust or statue :D

In fact I had won trinity earlier but somehow the seller decided not to ship it and to play deaf and mute, at least got my money back through paypal...

Wow, that's close. Well, hope you'll get one soon!

Ish
12-20-2005, 11:28 AM
it looks good and for a good price like that may get it myself!

mitthrawnuruondo
12-20-2005, 09:36 PM
just picked this one up for 59.99 plus shipping. :buttrock:

Grievous
12-20-2005, 11:39 PM
Crap! I spent 99!

mitthrawnuruondo
12-23-2005, 09:07 PM
anyone who have this statue ,
is it 2 pieces the legs and torso, it seems a but wobbly in the torso area like the legs are a seperate piece

Sgt Taz
12-24-2005, 07:51 AM
Will let you know as soon as it arives, if no one beats me to it that is...

Grievous
12-24-2005, 04:14 PM
anyone who have this statue ,
is it 2 pieces the legs and torso, it seems a but wobbly in the torso area like the legs are a seperate piece

No. Neo is one piece. He is connect by a rod to the base. That's three pieces total, however Neo is one solid statue. It does wobble a bit, though.

mitthrawnuruondo
12-24-2005, 07:30 PM
my legs wobble as a seperate piece from the torso,maybe they were not glued in place well enough.they arent broken i have examined with my magnifying glass light,and can see no breaks.this is weird :inquisiti

jrussalesi
12-25-2005, 11:19 PM
Thanks for the heads up, picked one up myself. Now I NEED to get Trinity (hopefully as cheap!).

Sniper
12-26-2005, 04:38 PM
Crap! I spent 99!
:laugh: :laugh:
that goes the way of the game, I get pissed when I buy something for 50 more than I had to. :banghead:

Zurbaran1
01-01-2006, 09:54 PM
No. Neo is one piece. He is connect by a rod to the base. That's three pieces total, however Neo is one solid statue. It does wobble a bit, though.

My first one came with a removable head. :)

Gundam
01-02-2006, 12:42 PM
I thought about getting this one. Focus mostly on the SW Gentle Giant product but also have all the T3 and Matrix busts. I do like the statue....I just have a feeling that later on I might find it for a good deal. Like my SW CLone Wars Grievous maquette....got it for $50 shipped.

mrcrolley
01-05-2006, 02:23 PM
my legs wobble as a seperate piece from the torso,maybe they were not glued in place well enough.they arent broken i have examined with my magnifying glass light,and can see no breaks.this is weird :inquisiti

Sounds almost like the c3po statue. I would bet that there is a seam somewhere in the legs an they are not glued that well. I had ordered the C3PO statue and returned it 4 times because the legs where never on. Finally I just gave up returning it and glued them on.

mfrancoiii
01-11-2006, 08:49 PM
Just received my Neo statue #408, and i love it! really looking forward to buying Trinity. Anybody know where i can get a good deal?

d rod
01-12-2006, 12:11 PM
yea, i've been checking ebay but they're about $225. shipping they are killing you with 25-30 bucks. hoping it goes down a bit.

lockford88
01-12-2006, 12:28 PM
the trinity piece is just a massive box.....i jhipped one from jersey to cali and it was 26.00 for parcel post, no insurance so it hurts to ship this piece...also, cost on it was high enough and the initial shipping from diamond was brutal as well.....tough to make money on this one with the ebayers selling em for low prices...

d rod
01-12-2006, 12:33 PM
what's the msrp?

lockford88
01-12-2006, 12:38 PM
msrp is 275.00 i believe........i checked on gentle giants site

mfrancoiii
01-12-2006, 01:00 PM
the trinity piece is just a massive box.....i jhipped one from jersey to cali and it was 26.00 for parcel post, no insurance so it hurts to ship this piece...also, cost on it was high enough and the initial shipping from diamond was brutal as well.....tough to make money on this one with the ebayers selling em for low prices...
$26 for shipping? that's insane. :banghead: My DST Thanos cost me about the same to ship.

lockford88
01-12-2006, 01:13 PM
yeah the box it comes in is just huge.......

mfrancoiii
01-12-2006, 01:14 PM
msrp is 275.00 i believe........i checked on gentle giants site
im trying to pm you but it says your mail box is full. you need to delete so of your old pm's.

lockford88
01-12-2006, 01:17 PM
ok hold on

lockford88
01-12-2006, 01:18 PM
ok shoot

superash
01-13-2006, 12:45 PM
well i just got one off of ebay for 59.99. hopefully it will come to me in one piece. now i only need to get four more of the busts and trinity on bike to complete my matrix peices.

X-Men Fan
01-16-2006, 07:35 PM
I also bought a Neo statue off of eBay for $59.99. It looks like quite a few forum members are giving this eBay seller alot of business. My Neo arrived in great condition. :)

superash
01-17-2006, 02:20 AM
i just can't believe how many that guy seems to have. they just keep showing up one right after the other. o'well as long as i get mine.

lockford88
01-17-2006, 12:48 PM
Competition is healthy but this is how markets are ruined. This guy is selling it way below Diamonds cost...he is taking a huge hit.....I can't compete wit that....

superash
01-18-2006, 08:55 AM
i just got my neo statue. wow this this looks great. i think i'm sold on getting the trinity, if she's gonna be just as good as neo. i've seen pics and i am impressed.

X-Men Fan
01-18-2006, 11:51 AM
i just got my neo statue. wow this this looks great. i think i'm sold on getting the trinity, if she's gonna be just as good as neo. i've seen pics and i am impressed.

Definately get the Trinity statue. It is a great statue, very detailed.

jdonoho
01-18-2006, 02:03 PM
Competition is healthy but this is how markets are ruined. This guy is selling it way below Diamonds cost...he is taking a huge hit.....I can't compete wit that....

Yeah..$60 for a $150 statue. He has to be taking a loss on every one or got some deal from someone else. I don't even know if you could get that cheap if you were GG direct.

Sgt Taz
01-22-2006, 03:45 PM
i just got my neo statue. wow this this looks great. i think i'm sold on getting the trinity, if she's gonna be just as good as neo. i've seen pics and i am impressed.Just as good as neo? That's a good one :laugh: ...she blows him straight out the water! No kidding. If you like neo, you'll friggin LOVE trinity!

lockford88
01-22-2006, 07:09 PM
Yeah..$60 for a $150 statue. He has to be taking a loss on every one or got some deal from someone else. I don't even know if you could get that cheap if you were GG direct.

Thats the way it is with 90% of these items now. Not worth it at all. I am stuck with 15 of each vader n yoda gg busts cause ebay sellers are selling em between 20-30 bucks.....not to mention a ton of other stuff.......i just don't get it. someone on the bowen board stated they got a pre sale of the vision statue delivered for 84 bucks. i just got mine from diamond this week and delivered it was 109.....i just don't get it... :confused2

RodLonghi
01-23-2006, 11:21 PM
Definately get the Trinity statue. It is a great statue, very detailed.

True. Just got mine. It has a flawless paint job and great likeness. One of the greates pieces of my collection so far. :buttrock:

andrek1982
08-11-2007, 12:12 PM
Hi,i am a collector from Greece
I won GG Neo statue on ebay.I am trying to estimate shipping costs but i don't know the weight:confused:
Can anyone help me?