PDA

View Full Version : What's this about?

CaptCracker
12-18-2005, 11:28 PM
hey guys I got an email through ebay that says this:

"Hi,
I have a very RARE production sample of Bowen's the Beast bust. The bust is not numbered and printed production sample at the bottom. It comes with the original box. 100% mint in condition. Never sold on eBay. If you are interest, pls give me your email address"

Location is in Hong Kong, I didn't respond and I don't plan on it.
My guess is that he's selling recasts, is that right?..... and have this ever happened to you?

Tony Coca
12-18-2005, 11:30 PM

"Hi,
I have a very RARE production sample of Bowen's the Beast bust. The bust is not numbered and printed production sample at the bottom. It comes with the original box. 100% mint in condition. Never sold on eBay. If you are interest, pls give me your email address"

My guess is that he's selling recasts, is that right?..... and have this ever happened to you?

Yes its a recast.He does the Hulk bust and the Cyclops Bust.

Virsago
12-18-2005, 11:30 PM
Sounds like a recast. Original box sounds odd though.

HULK SMASH
12-18-2005, 11:42 PM

"Hi,

My guess is that he's selling recasts, is that right?..... and have this ever happened to you?Can you say SCAM???? :peoples:

CaptCracker
12-18-2005, 11:44 PM
Thanks
Is recasting illegal?

claws181
12-18-2005, 11:58 PM
Can you PM me w/ the guys user id? I'd LOVE to get all 3 of those recasts and do a Gray Beast, Gray Hulk & X-Factor Cyclops!

I've seen pics of others and I think it's an awesome way to do some variants w/o spending a ton of money on the MB.

Zurbaran1
12-19-2005, 12:06 AM

"Hi,

DING DING DING DING. WARNING WARNING WARNING.

Zurbaran1
12-19-2005, 12:08 AM
Thanks
Is recasting illegal?

yes it is. avoid them. they are always inferior in quality and the creative folks behind the legitimate piece get ripped off.

Tattoo-X
12-19-2005, 12:12 AM
Can you PM me w/ the guys user id? I'd LOVE to get all 3 of those recasts and do a Gray Beast, Gray Hulk & X-Factor Cyclops!

I've seen pics of others and I think it's an awesome way to do some variants w/o spending a ton of money on the MB.
I was thinking the same thing, if the price was right.
That way I wouldn't ruin the "real" thing.

CaptCracker
12-19-2005, 12:17 AM
yes it is. avoid them. they are always inferior in quality and the creative folks behind the legitimate piece get ripped off.

Yeah, I am

What would under the base say Bowen Designs, Beast etc., thats messed up if it does.

Jesse321
12-19-2005, 12:53 AM
DING DING DING DING. WARNING WARNING WARNING.http://www.meredy.com/lisrobot.jpg
DANGER WILL ROBINSON!! DANGER!! DANGER!!

Zurbaran1
12-19-2005, 12:59 AM
http://www.meredy.com/lisrobot.jpg
DANGER WILL ROBINSON!! DANGER!! DANGER!!

exactly. :)

Ish
12-19-2005, 01:00 AM
i got the same message a few days ago.

Zurbaran1
12-19-2005, 01:00 AM
Yeah, I am

What would under the base say Bowen Designs, Beast etc., thats messed up if it does.

recasts will generally not contain that information. It's another way to ID them.

risingstar
12-19-2005, 01:21 AM
Some seller just contacted you guys out of nowhere?

CaptCracker
12-19-2005, 01:36 AM
Some seller just contacted you guys out of nowhere?
Yup, I guess he watched an Bowen item that I bid (a week ago) on then contacted me. The last Bowen I sold was Bucky, which was a while ago.

risingstar
12-19-2005, 01:44 AM
Yup, I guess he watched an Bowen item that I bid (a week ago) on then contacted me. The last Bowen I sold was Bucky, which was a while ago.

I'd walk away from this one.

Makes me think though... Would it be that inconceivable for an employee or two over at the BD plant in China to jump at the chance at making a few extra bucks on the side to make another 20 unnumbered busts made and sell them? I mean, what's to stop those same employees from claiming these were damaged busts when they weren't?

rychehitman
12-19-2005, 01:46 AM
I am with Claws on this one! Recasts serve a purpose for customizations...If I saw one on the cheap, I'd pick it up. Dont know tat I would send money to China though.....

High Lord Apocalypse
12-19-2005, 02:30 AM
Sounds like a recast. Original box sounds odd though.
i think he meant original box as in-- his own original creation of A box. i guess its original as long as he thought up the design for the box!!! :eplus2:

claws181
12-19-2005, 12:16 PM
I just emailed this guy. He says it's a production sample that doesn't have a # on it. (sounds like what Zurb was describing earlier) Now for the best part. He wanted $350 shipped for the bust. :laugh:

I just deleted the message.

risingstar
12-19-2005, 12:24 PM
I just emailed this guy. He says it's a production sample that doesn't have a # on it. (sounds like what Zurb was describing earlier) Now for the best part. He wanted $350 shipped for the bust. :laugh:

I just deleted the message.

Did he forward a pic?

claws181
12-19-2005, 05:28 PM
no he didn't