PDA

View Full Version : Giving Credit to those who deserve it

Clancy
12-19-2005, 05:20 PM
I wanted to write a post saying something about the wonderful customer service that Bowen has. There has been a lot of negative emails as of late and while it is easy to write in frustration about someone or something it is a lot harder to write about about someone and say something good.

I have read the recent threads about the Thanos Statue and the wet paint issue. Low and behold for the first time I have had a problem with a statue and like many the paint on the head of my Thanos statue was smeared. I received my statue on Friday and emailed Bowen on Saturday to notify them of the problem and on Monday I got an email back from them telling me what would/could happen. They were very honest and told me if I return the statue I might not even get another one and if I do it will take three months.

I gave Heather a quick call, and when she can she is always willing to help. Any she gave me the run down on what is going on and for that I do appreciate them and the way that Bowen does business.

Though not everything works out the way we would hope 100% of the time at least Bowen can say they do their best.

Here is one other take on the issue. The problem with Thanos is clearly a production error and since it is production they should suck up the cost for any recast statues. Somehow I think that the people who paint are statues are going to end up with a few broken fingers.

And for those who read this entire thread. Beta Ray Bill and Franky arrived at the warehouse today. Bowen will start hitting are credit cards. Merry Christmas

claws181
12-19-2005, 05:22 PM
Well said

Jameshowlett
12-19-2005, 06:20 PM
Glad you posted that. Nice thread.Thanks.

Nightcrawler777
12-19-2005, 06:23 PM
Bowen Customer Service has always been Great to me...
Ive always Said Heather is the Brains of the Whole Company...lol.. :)

mwf6171
12-19-2005, 06:24 PM
I agree, Heather and the rest of the "front office" staff do a wonderful job especially when you factor in they have to put up with us!! :laugh:

TK-421
12-19-2005, 07:11 PM
Could not agree with you more. :)
End the year on a positive note!!

Merry Christmas all, and Happy Holidays

fossa
12-19-2005, 07:41 PM
Nice post!

I agree. BD does a very good job with Customer Service and handling the (occasional) problems. & you always have a friendly voice to greet you when placing orders or calling about other information.

:thumbs2:

Wolverine1
12-19-2005, 08:18 PM
I just used there customer service, I was worried about my PV and they say it is coming. Great job by Bowen Designs.

stevex2
12-19-2005, 08:22 PM
I only call when something comes up for order and theyalways know me by name. I thinks they rawk !!!! :buttrock:

rychehitman
12-19-2005, 08:30 PM
I only call when something comes up for order and theyalways know me by name. I thinks they rawk !!!! :buttrock:

" That annoying guy from Indiana " isn't really " knowing your name" :eplus2:

Dj-B13
12-19-2005, 09:35 PM
:buttrock: Rock On~!!

marvelboi77
12-19-2005, 09:49 PM
I don't understand what did they do to make this great customer service. You get to keep the bum piece, so do you get 50% off your next order with free shipping or is your only choice return it get a refund and no statue.

workingdog
12-19-2005, 09:53 PM
Anytime I've called their office on a matter, Rocky, Heather, Kelsey, and now Virginia, have always been professional, friendly and exceptionally helpful. I think they're a great bunch!

C. Bormann
12-19-2005, 10:05 PM
Anytime I've called their office on a matter, Rocky, Heather, Kelsey, and now Virginia, have always been professional, friendly and exceptionally helpful. I think they're a great bunch!
DITTO :buttrock:

Jesse321
12-19-2005, 10:12 PM
In all honesty, I have yet to receive any broken or unacceptable pieces from BD's, so I've never had the occasion to return or exchange anything, but whenever I've called them with questions or concerns, they've ALWAYS been very professional and helpful with me.

BD's even held on to my orders when Hurricane Wilma was hitting down here, when I was finally able to call them, Heather told me that they were trying to concact me for days (I never gave them my celphone number, something which I have since corrected) trying to find out if everything was okay ... so I haven't got anything bad to say about them.

High Lord Apocalypse
12-19-2005, 10:17 PM
i agree with all you guys 100%, i 've always been treated well, very professional staff. it just so happens i always end up talking to heather and i'm 100% satisfied!! :buttrock:

Jesse321
12-19-2005, 10:19 PM
I've actually spoken with both Rocky and Virgina ... Rocky is a hoot, GREAT LADY and Virgina is just as nice as Heather is.

Das Brutah
12-19-2005, 10:41 PM
I personally have never had anything but positive results when dealing with the people at Bowen Designs.

Capt. America
12-19-2005, 11:04 PM
I personally have never had anything but positive results when dealing with the people at Bowen Designs.
Totaly AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rychehitman
12-20-2005, 12:45 AM
same here! great service!

marvelboi77
12-20-2005, 12:48 AM
Again I love Bowen, but there is a difference in being nice and courteous and actually solving your problems. Bowen can give you another if it's not sold out. But again with this situation your options are keep it or get your money back. I believe that they need to go above and beyond to be considered great customer service. Dont' get me wrong there great, but like I said before I had a She-Hulk that wasn't perfect my choice was keep it or return for money back. They need to do a little bit better such as free shipping or a deeper discount to be considered great customer service.

mwf6171
12-20-2005, 12:52 AM
Again I love Bowen, but there is a difference in being nice and courteous and actually solving your problems. Bowen can give you another if it's not sold out. But again with this situation your options are keep it or get your money back. I believe that they need to go above and beyond to be considered great customer service. Dont' get me wrong there great, but like I said before I had a She-Hulk that wasn't perfect my choice was keep it or return for money back. They need to do a little bit better such as free shipping or a deeper discount to be considered great customer service.

Michael if they are sold out, what else can they do? You could have gotten your money back and then used that to buy one from drod, or someone like that. I understand that you weren't 100% satisfied, but they can only do so much. I agree, in certain situations like this, a discount on shipping or discounted sculpt would be nice. I find it bizarre that they could not "get their hands" on another SW bust for you....

marvelboi77
12-20-2005, 12:56 AM
Michael if they are sold out, what else can they do? You could have gotten your money back and then used that to buy one from drod, or someone like that. I understand that you weren't 100% satisfied, but they can only do so much. I agree, in certain situations like this, a discount on shipping or discounted sculpt would be nice. I find it bizarre that they could not "get their hands" on another SW bust for you....

A refund is just doing there job. Like I said they are very nice, but a refund is not good customer service. You wanted something it was bad you get your money back. This still leaves you with a bad feeling. Good customer service is when you give the customer something extra not just putting them back in the position that they started from. Free shipping on a bust would be $8 but it would make the person feel better.

Just like my art being stolen by UPS it's still being investigated. I will get my money back from the insurance but I still feel really bad. I don't think they will do anything special to make me have faith in them again. I mean these were great Spider-Woman pages what about my mental anquish.... :banghead:

blackjack
12-20-2005, 11:24 AM
Awesome customer service is one of the main reason, I have always buy my Marvel statues from Bowen Design! :buttrock:

..and Heather sounds so sweet on the phone! :)

HULK SMASH
12-20-2005, 12:30 PM
Heres a wild idea.Send the statues that have paint problems back to Bowen and have them repainted (at thier cost)and then sent back to the buyer(at thier cost).It may take some time but if you really want the statue then it should not be that big of a problem.What do you think? :inquisiti

fossa
12-20-2005, 06:55 PM
Heres a wild idea.Send the statues that have paint problems back to Bowen and have them repainted (at thier cost)and then sent back to the buyer(at thier cost).It may take some time but if you really want the statue then it should not be that big of a problem.What do you think? :inquisitithat's not gonna happen, trust me

they are too busy to get individual pieces sent back to them for paint touch-ups.
i asked about it once & that is what i was told (got a bad paint job on the between the fingers area on my Ultron Chrome)