PDA

View Full Version : Gold Bucky and Me or How I got a Gold Bucky

Bartman256
12-19-2005, 08:17 PM
No, I wasn't a Lottery Winner...BUT I might as well have been one!

The lottery winners were all contacted via email. I did not win. Tempers flew high on the forum. Gold Bucky's were up on ebay before being received by winners. Prices were soaring. I figured I'd wait for the hype to die down and try to score one on ebay. I'm a mini bust completist, so I would get on eventually...

Enter Zurbaran1.

Zurb drops me a PM. Asks if I wanted a Gold Bucky (HELL YES!). Says he may have someone looking to sell. He goes on to write that the seller, a forum member who does not post won and really didn't want it. The winner wanted it to go to someone who really wanted the bust and DID NOT WANT ANYTHING EXTRA FOR THE PIECE! Zurb said I came to mind and passed my info onto...

Enter Robertbl.

Robert contacted me. Rob entered the lottery just to see if he could win. He never won anything before. Now that he won, he didn't want the piece and wanted it to go to a collector. His only condition was that the person he gave it to NOT FLIP IT FOR PROFIT. He wanted nothing extra, just the price of the bust and shipping. I was that guy. I have to say I thought it was too good to be true. Robert contacted me again after he got his order email. He put my mailing address down on the "ship to" part of the order form and told me not to send payment until I received the bust. The bust still wound up at his house. He PM'd me again to let me know what happened and priority mailed it to me.

Gold Bucky 47/250 arrived a few days later!

Total cost $157.00 + priority mail shipping...THAT'S IT!

I wanted to thank both Zurb and Robertbl for making this possible.
This forum is a great, unique place with some really good people participating. I know sometimes it gets a little out of hand and we may forget what we're all here for to begin with: Sharing our love for a hobby and making some friends along the way.

Thanks to Drod (Danny) and all the moderators for making this a cool place to hang daily.

Here's a pic the bust:

Cage
12-19-2005, 08:20 PM
Congrats, Bartman, and kudos to Robertbl and Zurby. :buttrock:

Tony Coca
12-19-2005, 08:20 PM

The lottery winners were all contacted via email. I did not win. Tempers flew high on the forum. Gold Bucky's were up on ebay before being received by winners. Prices were soaring. I figured I'd wait for the hype to die down and try to score one on ebay. I'm a mini bust completist, so I would get on eventually...

Enter Zurbaran1.

Zurb drops me a PM. Asks if I wanted a Gold Bucky (HELL YES!). Says he may have someone looking to sell. He goes on to write that the seller, a forum member who does not post won and really didn't want it. The winner wanted it to go to someone who really wanted the bust and DID NOT WANT ANYTHING EXTRA FOR THE PIECE! Zurb said I came to mind and passed my info onto...

Enter Robertbl.

Robert contacted me. Rob entered the lottery just to see if he could win. He never won anything before. Now that he won, he didn't want the piece and wanted it to go to a collector. His only condition was that the person he gave it to NOT FLIP IT FOR PROFIT. He wanted nothing extra, just the price of the bust and shipping. I was that guy. I have to say I thought it was too good to be true. Robert contacted me again after he got his order email. He put my mailing address down on the "ship to" part of the order form and told me not to send payment until I received the bust. The bust still wound up at his house. He PM'd me again to let me know what happened and priority mailed it to me.

This forum is a great, unique place with some really good people participating. I know sometimes it gets a little out of hand and we may forget what we're all here for to begin with: Sharing our love for a hobby and making some friends along the way.

Thanks to Drod (Danny) and all the moderators for making this a cool place to hang daily.

Here's a pic the bust:

Now that was a very cool story.Thumbs up to Robertbl and Zurb(god i hate saying that).Im happy you got one Hair Apparent.

rychehitman
12-19-2005, 08:22 PM
kudos all around!

JadeGiant
12-19-2005, 08:23 PM

Enter Zurbaran1.

Enter Robertbl.

Here's a pic the bust:

Good stuff! Remember me if I miss out on an Iron Man or Hulk exclusive piece!!

:buttrock:

bat_collector
12-19-2005, 08:25 PM
see, there are plenty of good people on this forum

Tony Coca
12-19-2005, 08:25 PM
see, there are plenty of good people on this forum

Yeah.To bad your not one of them. :laugh:

Wolverine1
12-19-2005, 08:28 PM
Robertbl sounds like a cool guy, we need him to start posting! Cool story Bart, I am glad to hear you got GB!

speedracer
12-19-2005, 08:30 PM
That's a very inspiring story..=)..congrats on your new haul..=)..robertbl and zurb are a notch above...=)

JavOner
12-19-2005, 08:33 PM
This is exactly what i've been talking about. True collecters should get exclusives and rare items not Flippers. Why cause is right and real collecter appreciate these hard to find items. I'm happy for you bartman congrats.

Sam Wilson
12-19-2005, 08:35 PM
word. That's the way it should be done.

Stef Jelos
12-19-2005, 08:36 PM
Class-acts all the way around.

workingdog
12-19-2005, 09:19 PM
Class-acts all the way around.

Here here. Especially Bartman. When he'd found out he wasn't one of the lottery winners, he didn't go nuclear about it. Just an "Oh well, it's not the end of the world. I'm sure one will come along somehow/somewhere."

I'm glad it happened for you, Bart! :thumbs2:

claws181
12-19-2005, 09:20 PM
I'm glad to hear about stuff like that. It really is the way that GB should have been handled.

Zurb, I don't care what they say, you're an alright guy!

rychehitman
12-19-2005, 09:20 PM
karma!

jimi311
12-19-2005, 09:22 PM
Congradulations. Nothing but jealousy here!

claws181
12-19-2005, 09:24 PM
karma!
Karma smarma, Zurb just know that Santa was watching a little closer with Christmas coming up.

Tattoo-S
12-19-2005, 09:26 PM
His only condition was that the person he gave it to NOT FLIP IT FOR PROFIT. He wanted nothing extra, just the price of the bust and shipping. I was that guy. I have to say I thought it was too good to be true.

Here's a pic the bust:Isn't this the same GB you offered me for $350.00.....LOL....Just kidding. :) Very cool! There are indeed some very good people here on the forum who prove themselves in little ways all the time. It's good to know that when it really comes down to it folks are paying attention and seeking out those who are deserving that may miss out directly once in a while. Just more proof that Santa and Zurb can work a miracle or two in the season of perpetual hope! :)

Jesse321
12-19-2005, 09:30 PM
Congrats Bartman! Kudos also to Robert and Zurb for getting you one of these little guys! :thumbs2:

msw313
12-19-2005, 09:30 PM
See that! There's hope for humanity after all!

Call off the invasion fleet! We were wrong! There IS good will and non-whining life on Earth! Abort the mission! :p

rychehitman
12-19-2005, 09:31 PM
Never heard of this Robert guy before...we could use him on here more often I would imagine!

Dj-B13
12-19-2005, 09:37 PM
Congartulations of getting one and yes this place makes it fun to collect these!

I have made friends with you all also :)

Perna
12-19-2005, 09:53 PM
That's a beautiful story Bartman. I'm glad you were able to get one in the end.

darthrobbler
12-19-2005, 10:15 PM
That is a way cool story. This probably makes yours the most valued gold Bucky. Why? Because it comes with more of a story than the average one, and that makes it more unique.

kal-el
12-19-2005, 10:18 PM
yes finally a POSITIVE Gold Bucky story , this is a refreshing change

insomniac
12-19-2005, 11:36 PM
Robert is a class act. We need more collectors like him.

nolilia
12-20-2005, 12:15 AM
Its like a "Make A Wish on Christmas" thing. :bawling:

The story makes you moving.

madjazz
12-20-2005, 12:26 AM
Here here. Especially Bartman. When he'd found out he wasn't one of the lottery winners, he didn't go nuclear about it. Just an "Oh well, it's not the end of the world. I'm sure one will come along somehow/somewhere."

I'm glad it happened for you, Bart! :thumbs2:
Exactly, and well said. Glad things worked out for you, Bartman. :buttrock:

Sniper
12-25-2005, 03:25 AM
:inquisiti thanks zurb for the info :inquisiti