PDA

View Full Version : Which Bust Do We Want The Most?!?

Fannymac
12-20-2005, 02:39 PM
Almost two years ago, a list was released over at the BD site naming the most likely busts to show up in Phase II.....so far, most have been released, with a few spilling over to Phase III.
However, there's still around a dozen that haven't shown up. We've had a preview of the Captain Britian, so I'm leaving him off the list, but here's ten we still need. Who do we want the most?

Ish
12-20-2005, 02:41 PM
cable, bishop.

Jesse321
12-20-2005, 02:42 PM
cable, bishop.You would :puke2:

Personally, I want all the ones listed, but I want Prof. X the most.

lord odin
12-20-2005, 02:42 PM
Willie Lumpkin
U.S.P.S.
SHOW THE LOVE. :buttrock:

Ish
12-20-2005, 02:43 PM
where are the cable and bishop options?

Ish
12-20-2005, 02:44 PM
You would :puke2:

Personally, I want all the ones listed, but I want Prof. X the most.
damn you!!

agree with that one though.

Fannymac
12-20-2005, 02:45 PM
Cable and Bishop have only been previewed in the last six months......this is for the oldies that have been hanging out there for almost two years!

Ish
12-20-2005, 02:47 PM
oh ok. :)

Jesse321
12-20-2005, 02:49 PM
Fanny of the ones listed there, I don't remember Hellcat, Elektra, Valkyrie or Kang being confirmed for release in Phase 2 ... heck, I don't remember Hellcat and Valkyrie being confirmed at all. :confused:

Leon
12-20-2005, 02:52 PM
Wonderman, Eydelhands' Wonderman!

Tattoo-X
12-20-2005, 02:52 PM
VALKYRIE, followed closely by MS. MARVEL AND WARBIRD.
Then ELEKTRA, and HELLCAT.

Fannymac
12-20-2005, 02:54 PM
Jess, the actual title of the thread was BUSTS CONFIRMED OR UNDER CONSIDERATION......I think the Defenders are pretty much a given for Phase III, though!

Fannymac
12-20-2005, 02:55 PM

Ms. Marvel AND Warbird?!?!? Now, Tat, let's not get greedy!!!! :eplus2:

Jesse321
12-20-2005, 02:57 PM
Jess, the actual title of the thread was BUSTS CONFIRMED OR UNDER CONSIDERATION......I think the Defenders are pretty much a given for Phase III, though!I read that somewhere that Randy was really jonesing to sculpt a Nighthawk since he was a personal favorite of his .. so I'm hoping that more of the Defenders will be a go for Phase III too. :thumbs2:

rychehitman
12-20-2005, 02:58 PM
Well, GOTTA go with Val even though there has been no mention or sneek of her

realistically Herc, Prof X and BK are still in limbo...

Wonderman sculpt has been shown, but it has not been announces as to whether of not Bowen is picking it up...

Randy has mentioned Kang...

Hellcat, Nighthawk, or Ms. Marvel have not ever been mentioned to my knowledge

TIGRA will more than likely be along very soon...perhaps Puck as well

jimi311
12-20-2005, 03:04 PM
Cable and Bishop just to piss off jesse :buttrock:

Jesse321
12-20-2005, 03:09 PM
Cable and Bishop just to piss off jesse :buttrock:You are SO off the mark it's just sad. :rolleyes2

pmpknface
All are good choices, but...

MS. MARVEL/WARBIRD all the way! :buttrock:

Fannymac
I read that somewhere that Randy was really jonesing to sculpt a Nighthawk since he was a personal favorite of his .. so I'm hoping that more of the Defenders will be a go for Phase III too. :thumbs2:

Randy also stated that he wanted to do more female busts in Phase III.....and he hinted that Val was one of the one's he would like to sculpt!!

Ish
12-20-2005, 03:20 PM
Cable and Bishop just to piss off jesse :buttrock:
f jeese i want these two.

Jesse321
12-20-2005, 03:20 PM
I'd like to see Randy sculpt some of the ladies as well. :buttrock:

jimi311
12-20-2005, 03:23 PM
Trust me I want Cable and Bishop, not just to piss off Jesse. I think Cable is a character who has proven his staying power and is worth a bust. I mean he had his own series for over 100 issues. Did Doop do that?

You know I had to use Doop as the example!

risingstar
12-20-2005, 03:26 PM
I don't know what the general consensus is but Bishop has to be one of the most boring X-men characters of all time. While I have not read every X-men yarn with his kisser in it, I don't believe I ever read one feeling like Bishop was the best part of it... Have they tried killing him off? Sometimes doing that helps popularize a character. Then they bring him back in a solo series.

Even using the infamous "Days of Future Past" or whatever as a backdrop for this character wasn't enough to make him interesting. I am gladly passing on this FS.

P.S. No offence to the Bishop fans. To each his/her own.
P.P.S. Cable as a bust is ok.

:)

Fannymac
12-20-2005, 03:36 PM
Now, kids, let's play nice!!!

One topic I'd like to toss out that kind of fits here is the Black Knight bust....does anyone think the delay is because the shield was covering up too much of the bust?
I would have liked to have seen one arm fully extended, the Ebony Blade thrust skyward. Other arm at his side, fist clenched.

pmpknface
12-20-2005, 03:41 PM
...does anyone think the delay is because the shield was covering up too much of the bust?

I doubt it. Look at Mephisto - his cloak covers up nearly his whole body!

Jesse321
12-20-2005, 03:43 PM
I doubt it. Look at Mephisto - his cloak covers up nearly his whole body!Yeah, Mephisto is one of the few sculpts that I have displayed at an angle so you can see the face and sculpt.

risingstar
12-20-2005, 03:44 PM
Yeah, Mephisto is one of the few sculpts that I have displayed at an angle so you can see the face and sculpt.

That's nice, dear.

Jesse321
12-20-2005, 03:47 PM
That's nice, dear.Thank you sweetie. :)

imthkman
12-20-2005, 03:54 PM
Black Knight for me.

Fannymac
12-20-2005, 04:45 PM
Gotta admit I'm surprised that Prof. X is leading the pack!

risingstar
12-20-2005, 04:49 PM

He is a key missing piece of the puzzle.
It's bizarre that it hasn't been made yet... even though there's just so much you could do with it... LOL
I'd get one for sure.

pmpknface
12-20-2005, 05:31 PM
I'm so with you on this. Ok... I know he's important... but I thought there were more fanboys here who would vote for the babes!

Jesse321
12-20-2005, 05:33 PM
I'm really not that surprised, Prof. X is the key that binds all the X-Men together and as such is one of (if not THE) most blatant missing piece in the entire line.

Yeah, the rest of these charactors are great, but with the possible exception of Elektra, they really won't complete any group.

EDIT: I just realized that Hercules would finish the original Champions.

risingstar
12-20-2005, 05:38 PM
EDIT: I just realized that Hercules would finish the original Champions.

Who came up with the name "Champions". I mean, if you think about it, it's a pretty bold name to use for your group..... LOL...
Was it Herc? He thinks he's the best at everything. Anybody know?

Jesse321
12-20-2005, 05:39 PM
Actually, if I'm not mistaken, I think it was the Angel ... Warren was the one that was bankrolling the group at the time.

risingstar
12-20-2005, 05:41 PM
Thanks, J

Hey... I voted for the Hellcat bust. Why is it still registering as el-zippo?

Jesse321
12-20-2005, 05:42 PM
Thanks, J

Hey... I voted for the Hellcat bust. Why is it still registering as el-zippo?According to the poll you voted for Wonder-Man.

Fannymac
12-20-2005, 05:43 PM
He is a key missing piece of the puzzle.
It's bizarre that it hasn't been made yet... even though there's just so much you could do with it... LOL
I'd get one for sure.

Oh, yeah, he needs to be made - as does everyone on this list! - .....it's just funny how, at any given time, someone is the new fave....three weeks ago, Black Knight might be the one everyone wanted.....two months ago, Elektra!

It's a total crapshoot!

risingstar
12-20-2005, 05:45 PM
Black Knight FS should be on everyone's wish list as far as I am concerned.

Tattoo-X
12-20-2005, 05:46 PM
It will be great to get some more busts/characters to display with my other
West Coast Avengers
Defenders
Champions

risingstar
12-20-2005, 05:49 PM
According to the poll you voted for Wonder-Man.

Oh I see what happened... This was a one-vote poll.
It only registered the last one I clicked down the list which was WonderMan.

I actually would have liked all the busts.

My Alzheimer's moment. Carry on.

:confused2

Tattoo-X
12-20-2005, 06:00 PM
We got quite a few more characters that really need to be busted. :buttrock:

Fannymac
12-20-2005, 07:35 PM
We got quite a few more characters that really need to be busted. :buttrock:

Most definitely, Tat.......but I'd be happy with 6-8 in Phase III, then maybe 5-7 more if there's a Phase IV!!!

Wolverine1
12-20-2005, 08:02 PM
I don't know what the general consensus is but Bishop has to be one of the most boring X-men characters of all time. While I have not read every X-men yarn with his kisser in it, I don't believe I ever read one feeling like Bishop was the best part of it... Have they tried killing him off? Sometimes doing that helps popularize a character. Then they bring him back in a solo series.

Even using the infamous "Days of Future Past" or whatever as a backdrop for this character wasn't enough to make him interesting. I am gladly passing on this FS.

P.S. No offence to the Bishop fans. To each his/her own.
P.P.S. Cable as a bust is ok.

I think it has to do alot with the X Men cartoon, I remember seeing him on there and Bishop was awesome. I would vote for Bishop, Cable, Sauron or Jubilee. But being that I finally did not make a poll, Kang.

Achiever
12-20-2005, 08:07 PM
Elektra.

dr.doom
12-20-2005, 08:17 PM
Wonder Man and Kang :buttrock:

Fannymac
12-20-2005, 08:26 PM
WHOOO.....EEE!!!

Black Knight and Wonder Man are coming on strong!!!
Look out, Charlie and Elektra!!!!!

MORE AVENGERS!!!! :buttrock: :buttrock:

Fannymac
12-20-2005, 08:27 PM
Poor Hellcat, though!!

Uncle Jake
12-20-2005, 08:31 PM
Elektra and than SCORPION!!!

Meteor Man
12-20-2005, 08:44 PM
Wonderman on that list for me!!! :buttrock:

marvelboi77
12-20-2005, 08:48 PM
Ms. Marvel for me but Randy said she has not been started... darn.

Fannymac
12-20-2005, 09:26 PM
Marvel, did Randy actually sound like it was a confirmation, just not begun yet?
The delay on both Ms. Marvel/Warbird and Wonder Man REALLY surprises me.....back at the beginning of Phase II, Randy himself which five Avengers everybody wanted to see the most.....Quicksilver was already in the works, so the Top Five were Black Knight, Hercules, She-Hulk, Warbird and Wonder Man.
As we all know, only She-Hulk made it this go-around. The desire is obviously there!

MONSTER
12-20-2005, 09:28 PM
Terrax, Nova, Firelord and Airwalker.

Roguewarrior
12-20-2005, 09:32 PM
I am surprised that Tigra and Prof. X are doing so well. I would of thought that Wonderman or Ms Marvel would of taked the number one spot.

Fannymac
12-20-2005, 09:41 PM
I am surprised that Tigra and Prof. X are doing so well. I would of thought that Wonderman or Ms Marvel would of taked the number one spot.

Tigra?

rychehitman
12-20-2005, 09:48 PM
Tigra?
:laugh:

I had to re-read the participants twice myself after that post :laugh:

Fannymac
12-20-2005, 10:02 PM

Actually, I thought it might just have been wishful thinking....I think all the Avengers freaks (and there are TONS of us!!!! :eplus2: ) are ANXIOUSLY awaiting this one.....knowing she's out there and should be done soon is tough!!!

Fannymac
12-20-2005, 10:03 PM

Actually, I thought it might just have been wishful thinking....I think all the Avengers freaks (and there are TONS of us!!!! :eplus2: ) are ANXIOUSLY awaiting this one.....knowing she's out there and should be done soon is tough!!!

mwf6171
12-20-2005, 11:32 PM
Come on......Kang!!!

rychehitman
12-20-2005, 11:49 PM

I hear that!

rychehitman
12-20-2005, 11:49 PM

er.. I heard that too! :eplus2:

rychehitman
12-20-2005, 11:50 PM

errr.. I heard that too?!?!?

Grumpy
12-20-2005, 11:54 PM

You got a thing for women? :)

Grumpy
12-21-2005, 12:03 AM
Black Knight all the way. But then, I want all the rest as well!

claws181
12-21-2005, 12:36 AM
Despite being a huge X-Fan, I really think I'd want the Ms. Marvel/Warbird the most.

I want all that are listed as well as a few others too.

ol'canuckle
12-21-2005, 02:23 AM
there's more missing from the list, sunfire, archangel,thunderbird, havok polaris and what ever happened to wen di goooo

marvelboi77
12-21-2005, 02:29 AM
Marvel, did Randy actually sound like it was a confirmation, just not begun yet?
The delay on both Ms. Marvel/Warbird and Wonder Man REALLY surprises me.....back at the beginning of Phase II, Randy himself which five Avengers everybody wanted to see the most.....Quicksilver was already in the works, so the Top Five were Black Knight, Hercules, She-Hulk, Warbird and Wonder Man.
As we all know, only She-Hulk made it this go-around. The desire is obviously there!
Randy said along time ago that he was going to do Ms. Marvel, and Tigra as bust and Spider-Woman, She-Hulk, and Rogue as fullsize. He just recently said that Ms. Marvel has not been started yet and neither has She-Hulk for that matter.

Wolverine1
12-21-2005, 03:02 AM
Come on......Kang!!!
Ditto!

Pogo4321
12-21-2005, 03:56 AM
Hercules! Hercules! And no more X busts after Havok and Polaris. Too damn many already!!

Pogo4321
12-21-2005, 04:03 AM

Spelling lesson.

"would of" makes no grammatical sense. What people are trying for when they type this is "would've" which of course means "would have".

As an English teacher this drives me nuts; especially when I see it in published works.

Not meaning to pick on Roguewarrior specifically here, this is just the latest example. Sorry. Pet peeve.

marvelboi77
12-21-2005, 04:29 AM
Psycho... :confused2

chasethedragon
12-21-2005, 04:59 AM
Spelling lesson.

"would of" makes no grammatical sense. What people are trying for when they type this is "would've" which of course means "would have".

As an English teacher this drives me nuts; especially when I see it in published works.

Your just to nitpicky. :p

Dj-B13
12-21-2005, 09:59 AM
I chose Valkyrie~!!! :buttrock:

But I like all of them though!

madjazz
12-21-2005, 10:06 AM
I really want all of them, but I voted for Valkyrie!

Let's follow her up with Nighthawk and Hellcat in pretty short order.

While I'd like to think that the Defenders are a lock for Phase III, you can never be sure until you see a WIP. It would be too B.A.D. if we let up now when we are getting so close! :)

The Watcher
12-21-2005, 10:09 AM
The low poll numbers for Valkyrie, Nighthawk and Hellcat are a bit discouraging for fans of the Defenders.

Wolverine1
12-21-2005, 12:17 PM
I would OF voted for Prof X but DST already made a great looking bust of him.... Sorry Pogo I had to do it! :D

madjazz
12-21-2005, 01:03 PM
Poor Hellcat, though!!
The low poll numbers for Valkyrie, Nighthawk and Hellcat are a bit discouraging for fans of the Defenders.
Not surprising at all. The poll question is about which bust you want the most/next on that list. Most Defenders fans would want Valkyrie or Nighthawk first, as they were on the team longer and more closely associated as the spirit of the team.

The Avengers have always had a higher profile than the Defenders, and Elektra is a top tier character. Their high showing is to be expected. I never take polls like this personally, because I have always been able to place what I like realistically in the larger design.

This was not a vote for as many as you want poll, don't forget that. The Defenders will be coming and I have faith. (I would like to see a sneak peek of one of them soon, though! :) )

Fannymac
12-21-2005, 01:21 PM
(I would like to see a sneak peek of one of them soon, though! :) )[/QUOTE]

I TOTALLY agree, Jazz!!!

Fannymac
12-21-2005, 01:25 PM
Hercules! Hercules! And no more X busts after Havok and Polaris. Too damn many already!!

NO WAY!!!! Too many F/S's!!!!!!!!!!! :eplus2:

Fannymac
12-21-2005, 01:28 PM
Not surprising at all. The poll question is about which bust you want the most/next on that list. Most Defenders fans would want Valkyrie or Nighthawk first, as they were on the team longer and more closely associated as the spirit of the team.

The Avengers have always had a higher profile than the Defenders, and Elektra is a top tier character. Their high showing is to be expected. I never take polls like this personally, because I have always been able to place what I like realistically in the larger design.

This was not a vote for as many as you want poll, don't forget that. The Defenders will be coming and I have faith. (I would like to see a sneak peek of one of them soon, though! :) )

Jazz, I agree......the Defenders aren't as high profile as the Avengers, especially right now, and ESPECIALLY the "minor three" (though, to me, these three are as important, or moreso, than the Big Four!!!!), but there's no denying their importance in the Marvel universe! They NEED to be busted!!!!

vudoo1979
12-21-2005, 03:13 PM
ms marvel

Fannymac
12-21-2005, 09:20 PM
MAN, this is close!!!!!

Fannymac
12-22-2005, 02:46 PM
I know Randy is probably too busy to respond to this poll and toss us a bone or two on what's in the works, but maybe it'll plant a seed......and he'll get around to it in a week or two! :buttrock:

OneOne78
12-22-2005, 02:50 PM
I'm sticking with KANG!

Fannymac
12-22-2005, 02:53 PM
there's more missing from the list, sunfire, archangel,thunderbird, havok polaris and what ever happened to wen di goooo

Has Sunfire ever been REALLY confirmed? I know Joy Snyder was SUPPOSED to be almost done with one, but more and more that's seeming like an urban myth!
As for Archangel......we know he's in the works! Don't know about Thunderbird (would think there's AT LEAST half a dozen other X-Men that would be done first!), while Havok and Polaris are pretty much givens for Phase III (I mean, c'mon, one or the other has won pretty much every "Which X-Men Do We Want Next" poll over the last two years!!!).
As far as I know, Wendigo was shelved.

mose73
12-22-2005, 06:04 PM
Wonder Man

Jesse321
12-22-2005, 06:06 PM
Has Sunfire ever been REALLY confirmed? I know Joy Snyder was SUPPOSED to be almost done with one, but more and more that's seeming like an urban myth!Yes ... Randy said that he needed major tweeks but that it was being done.

Havok and Polaris are MUST pieces as are Banshee and Thunderbird ... I want all the C0ckrum era X-Men busted. :buttrock:

I could swear that Randy said that a Wendigo was being done too ... but don't quote me on this one.

Fannymac
12-22-2005, 06:13 PM
Jesse, I agree........Sunfire, Havok & Polaris are all MUSTS.....Thunderbird? I guess!!
And I think I do remember something about conflicting Wendigo's.....was it John's who was scrapped, but another was in the works? Think so!

Jesse321
12-22-2005, 06:15 PM
Jesse, I agree........Sunfire, Havok & Polaris are all MUSTS.....Thunderbird? I guess!!
And I think I do remember something about conflicting Wendigo's.....was it John's who was scrapped, but another was in the works? Think so!I think that was it .. there were two of them, but I don't know which one was scrapped. :confused: