PDA

View Full Version : Phase 3

Darth Andanna
12-21-2005, 12:17 PM
Having not followed the discussions from the beginning, I wondered when Phase 2 officially ends and Phase 3 starts and what changes we can expect: Changes in the height of the base/bust (again)? I understand we will see some re-sculpts - any confirmation who will be redone? What is the term of the new license? Are we going to see changes in the price recommendations? Are we going to see as many new busts coming out during 2006 as in the last months ?

I hope this is of general interest. And I hope we have some answers or - at best - educated guesses. Thanks in advance.

Colossus
12-21-2005, 12:20 PM
I think it officially ends dec 31 2005, and it should be a little slower for next few months I think per randy's contract anything he had solicited for sale in 2005 had to be out by 2005, but I am not the expert hopefully someone that is positive posts!

galactus
12-21-2005, 12:21 PM
Having not followed the discussions from the beginning, I wondered when Phase 2 officially ends and Phase 3 starts and what changes we can expect: Changes in the height of the base/bust (again)? I understand we will see some re-sculpts - any confirmation who will be redone? What is the term of the new license? Are we going to see changes in the price recommendations? Are we going to see as many new busts coming out during 2006 as in the last months ?

I hope this is of general interest. And I hope we have some answers or - at best - educated guesses. Thanks in advance.

-Phase 2 ends at the end of this month. Phase 3 officially starts in January
-No known change to the license in terms of height requirements, so it should stay the same.
-Randy mentioned Thor, Hulk, Cap and Spidey for sure (as busts, not sure about FS). I am sure others know more "confirmed" resculpts.
-The license is 2 years long, so it will end in December 07
-The last few months, Bowen was playing catch up to get everything out before the expiration of Phase 2. Normally, he is scheduled to release 1 statue and 2 busts per month, but this can obviously change at any time.

Wolverine1
12-21-2005, 12:23 PM
Maybe a Wolverine FS resculpt....

Ish
12-21-2005, 12:24 PM
well Ph2 ends 12/31/05 and ph3 starts 1/1/06. as far as i know fs requerments are 12" bases are getting more "elaborate" and the prices of everything seem to be going up for a varity of reasons the later being one, as in revisits cap, thor, hulk, wolvie, have been confirmed fpr mb and fs all except wolvie.

High Lord Apocalypse
12-21-2005, 01:05 PM
fs all except wolvie.
:laugh: :laugh:

valemeister
12-21-2005, 04:52 PM
I thought that anything solicited before January 2006 was classed as the last of Phase 2. Could be wrong though.

rychehitman
12-21-2005, 04:53 PM
I thought it had to be shipped in '05 Val...but I could be wrong!

Hey, what do you think of my avatar?

rychehitman
12-21-2005, 04:56 PM
-No known change to the license in terms of height requirements, so it should stay the same.
-Randy mentioned Thor, Hulk, Cap and Spidey for sure (as busts, not sure about FS). I am sure others know more "confirmed" resculpts.
-The last few months, Bowen was playing catch up to get everything out before the expiration of Phase 2. Normally, he is scheduled to release 1 statue and 2 busts per month, but this can obviously change at any time.

Galactus, I actually just got off the phone with Randy....he is doing well btw, and thanks you the christmas card and the giant sized Galactus head is on its way..... he then went on to say that Phase 3 will be full of great pieces, mostly from ideas from this board...but then added hell will freeze over before an X-23, or Sentry item is ever produced! Thought I'd pass that on!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Wolverine1
12-21-2005, 06:53 PM
Galactus, I actually just got off the phone with Randy....he is doing well btw, and thanks you the christmas card and the giant sized Galactus head is on its way..... he then went on to say that Phase 3 will be full of great pieces, mostly from ideas from this board...but then added hell will freeze over before an X-23, or Sentry item is ever produced! Thought I'd pass that on!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
You are in so much trouble!

TK-421
12-21-2005, 07:05 PM

Is Randy required to resculpts of some of the more popular characters by Marvel? Cap and Hulk i can understand, but another Spider-man i could wait on. I wonder if any characters he submits get rejected by Marvel? :rolleyes2

rychehitman
12-21-2005, 07:10 PM
Well, Squirrel Girl got the ax! lol

TK-421
12-21-2005, 07:12 PM
Well, Squirrel Girl got the ax! lol

That was only becasue they wanted to use real squirrel fur, PETA freaked!! :laugh:

rychehitman
12-21-2005, 07:13 PM
yeah, you will fit in fine with Wolvie, Crawler and I! :eplus2:

Darth Andanna
12-21-2005, 09:15 PM
When you are talking Thor re-sculpt, I am assuming you mean the Thor Battle Armor that appeared a couple of months agp? I cannot imagine we need a third one ?

batman1180
12-21-2005, 10:56 PM
i think hes doing a non battle armor one.

rychehitman
12-21-2005, 11:48 PM
Dana!

that is an an AWESOME busted ad! Will the Tooth Fairy and a Leprechaun be added in phase II?

madjazz
12-22-2005, 12:42 AM
That was only becasue they wanted to use real squirrel fur, PETA freaked!! :laugh:
No. You have to kill them before you cook them. :)

Jesse321
12-22-2005, 02:14 AM
Is Randy required to resculpts of some of the more popular characters by Marvel? Cap and Hulk i can understand, but another Spider-man i could wait on. I wonder if any characters he submits get rejected by Marvel? :rolleyes2According to Randy, Marvel rejected .. or at least requested that major tweeks be done to Sunfire, Hercules, Black Knight and Prof. X ... which bumped all of them into Phase 3, so it has happened.