PDA

View Full Version : Make you wanna cry

jimi311
12-22-2005, 12:44 PM
:bawling: :bawling: I bought an original Hellboy box off of Ebay on Monday. It was shipped via FedEx. It arrived yesterday. The base was broken off and only holding on by the wire built in the middle of the bust. His coat was all chipped and broken as well. I bought it for 99.00 with out a box. It was shipped in a super thin business card box with only a tiny sheet of bubble wrap.

In the seller's defense he was very quick to respond (within an hour) and is getting me a refund because I paid for insurance. I should have it in a day or two. But it is just disappointing that such a great piece was wasted. :bawling: :bawling:

galactus
12-22-2005, 12:52 PM
I think I saw that auction the other day. It still amazes me how some people pack stuff up??

Dj-B13
12-22-2005, 12:53 PM
Oh man that sux so bad~!! :mad:

pmpknface
12-22-2005, 12:55 PM
I got a MB once that was just floating in one of those USPS bags. No packing or anything. I've gotten a few people that just wrapped the box in shopping bags!

I had a friend that got one wrapped in tinfoil with a label. No kidding!

Jesse321
12-22-2005, 12:55 PM
G ... sometimes **** like that just happens, I bought a Spider-Man Grafitti wall haning statue off e-bay and it got here broken and that thing was packed SO WELL that the idiots at USPS must have dropped it off a building!

Capt. America
12-22-2005, 01:04 PM
sorry to hear about that....at least you had insurance on it

Jesse321
12-22-2005, 01:08 PM
Everyone should always buy insurance on every piece ... this is just one example of why.

jimi311
12-22-2005, 01:12 PM
I try not to have things shipped USPS, but it was shipped FedEx. It was just the packaging. It should have been better. Its one thing if it is in the original box but not the bust or statue alone.

Jesse321
12-22-2005, 01:15 PM
Doesn't matter which method is used UPS, Fedex or USPS ... they all treat packages equally roughly .. if it's not packaged well, it's just not giong to make it, and sometimes even if it's packaged well it still doesn't make it.

jimi311
12-22-2005, 01:16 PM
I always get insurance as long as its over $20. Sellers who don't offer it make me wonder

jimi311
12-22-2005, 01:20 PM
I bought a comic, it was shipped USPS in February. I never got it. Got a refund. All of a sudden in November I get package notice in my mail box. go to the post office and low and behold. They have my book with a post mark of Feb on it. I asked what the deal was and they said it must have been missed. Thats the best excuse they could come up with. UNBELIEVABLE. And they wonder why the post office is going out of business!

mwf6171
12-22-2005, 01:22 PM
When ever I sell things on eBay I include insurance in shipping and always buy insurance, no matter how much the auction was for....just for my ease of mind. I have never (knock on wood) had a problem with damaged stuff due to shipping. I have gotten really lucky a few times with how I have had things shipped to me. Huge box with a bust inside wrapped in grocery bags!!! :rolleyes:

Capt. America
12-22-2005, 01:22 PM
Getting something shipped this time of year needs to be packaged very well....I shipp alot of stuff and the lady at the Post Office said to shipp everything Priority Mail...The less time they have in transit the better...She said they are so rough on packages

mwf6171
12-22-2005, 01:27 PM
I live in an apartment and if the package is too large for my mail box they take them into the office and leave me a note in my box. BAck in Nov, I get a note, stating two packages are waiting for me in the office.........goto the office they have nothing for me.......go to the post office, they have nothing...............the only thing they tell me is, I guess it got lost somewhere...............the problem is that I still have no idea what it could have been. My parents will buy something for my 2yr old and ship it to us on a frequent basis, so much that they forget what they send and when..........it is frustrating......now the PO doesn't even send stuff that won't fit in the box.......they make us go to them and pick it up......even tho our complex has four or six HUGE package boxes in our mail box area......I have never seen them use them........lazy..........I need to go work for the PO........of course, will they make me get rid of my guns????? Missouri is a conceal and carry state.............takes the term going postal a whole new direction!!! :laugh:

yorick
12-22-2005, 01:28 PM
Just this month I had 2 items arrived damaged because of poor packaging. One was the DC Direct Aquaman FS--the guy wrapped the Aquaman box in brown paper and stuck it in the mail (he didn't even write fragile on it), the other was the DC Direct Green Arrow FS--the original box was stuffed into a brown cardboard box, with no peanuts, paper, or wrap and shipped (he too didn't even write fragile on the box). I've since gotten my money back on both statues, but c'mon!!! I had gotten them both for really good prices and now I just have to hunt them up all over again because people have no clue or don't care--especially this time of year.

Ish
12-22-2005, 01:30 PM
damn that sucks.

Kirbyfan
12-22-2005, 01:35 PM
Early on (in Bowen terms) I ordered the Thor bust from a guy off of ebay. It came in the box, but the guy had glued the wings on, and so it wouldn't fit in the styrofoam. He threw away the styrofoam and put packing peanuts in the box. When I got it 3 of the feathers on the wing were sticking thru the box. So now I have the Thor bust, with broken wings glued back on, and a box with no styrofoam.

But it was only $30 at the time. Still, what a hosebag.

Deadpool
12-22-2005, 01:38 PM
I used to be in the habit of not checking my statues when they first came in, then one day as a present I got my bud a megatron MB, he had a broken arm.... luckily the person I purchased from took back the old one and sent me a new one no charge even though it was about a month 1/2 later. Need less to say I spent the next full day checking all of my statues cause I didn't have display cases yet... I now check em as they come..... I hate crap packers, I am very careful when I pack anything, I am a bit obssesive compulsive. I HATE IT!

risingstar
12-22-2005, 01:39 PM
I think I saw that auction the other day. It still amazes me how some people pack stuff up??

A few weeks back, someone posted a pic of a Thanos DST statue box with the waybill and address sticker on the statue box itself. The shipper didn't even bother placing the statue box inside a bigger box. Amazing.

Jesse321
12-22-2005, 01:46 PM
A few weeks back, someone posted a pic of a Thanos DST statue box with the waybill and address sticker on the statue box itself. The shipper didn't even bother placing the statue box inside a bigger box. Amazing.I've had that happen with some of the stuff I've bought of ebay myself .. not any valuable/collectible stuff mind you.

jimi311
12-22-2005, 01:47 PM
I bought the Mole Man from a guy on eBay. It came and had a big chip out the back of it that had been glued back in. He tried to tell me it happened inshipping. I got back 90% of the cost and got to keep the bust. but I mean the nerve. Did he actually think I would say "oh UPS must have glued it back together." I don't think so.

Kirk Durfey
12-22-2005, 02:50 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your bust. That sucks. When I ship things I always double box them. I try to use a double walled carton for the outside box, but that isn't always possible. Having worked in shipping and recieving for over 8 years, I've seen first hand what can happen to a package in transit. It does amaze me how poorly people package things. I always ship Priority, overnight, or whatever just so the package spends less time in the 'system'...

risingstar
12-22-2005, 02:58 PM
I bought the Mole Man from a guy on eBay. It came and had a big chip out the back of it that had been glued back in. He tried to tell me it happened inshipping. I got back 90% of the cost and got to keep the bust. but I mean the nerve. Did he actually think I would say "oh UPS must have glued it back together." I don't think so.

Nothing worse than a sleazeball seller who knowingly misrepresents his item on eBay. I've dealt with someone that moronic myself as well. What a complete jerk-off.

claws181
12-23-2005, 12:00 PM
"Dumb" is all around us! Deadbeat lazy sellers on ebay are the worst.

claws181
12-23-2005, 12:01 PM
I had to buy 4 Thor mb's before I finally got one from Galactus that was unbroken. Thanks again Drew!

JSA
12-23-2005, 12:20 PM
I got my Mr. Incredible Big Figure recently, and it was sent with just the styrafoam
from the original box, inside of a large plastic shopping bag. The statue arrived fine
luckily, and I only noticed after the fact that the listing said "without box"
even though the listing picture clearly showed the statue AND the box.

Check out the sneaky fine print:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6584319963&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

The seller was nice about it, and refunded my shipping overage when
I requested it, so I guess I got lucky this time.

For me, it doesn't pay to underpackage anything. The hassles of having
to get an item back and then get a replacement or issue a refund, far
outweighs the extra packaging material and inspection time up front.

JS