PDA

View Full Version : List of Releases for 2006 from Master Replica WOW

mrcrolley
12-22-2005, 04:38 PM
I just made my stop over at Azog's site and found this at the top of the page check it out.

Master Replicas 2006 list (http://www.azogscollection.com/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1135290564&archive=&start_from=&ucat=22&)

Grievous
12-22-2005, 04:47 PM
I'm getting all the POTC stuff besides the necklace, which I already have, and the letter openers.

I'm getting all the new SW lightsabers and Boba's blaster. I don't know what the new CE's are all about...

I'm going to seriously look into the SS Enterprise and depending on which version of the Phaser, I might get that as well. I only collect TOS stuff.

Ish
12-22-2005, 05:09 PM
wow boba fett's helmet!! start saving up right now.

P1X4R
12-22-2005, 05:48 PM
Enterprise Studio Scale from the original series!!!

didn't we see a Klingon Bird of Prey ship sneak peak this year?

mrcrolley
12-22-2005, 05:56 PM
Looks like they are cutting out the retailers in the Limited Edition Lightsaber market. Not that I collect these but will probably make it hard if your looking for deals. I wonder what the quality of the Collectors Edition will be. I have thought about picking some of them the LE up but the price always seems silly. If you can't actually use them to cut the hand of your son just before telling him your his father.

Grievous
12-22-2005, 06:02 PM
Enterprise Studio Scale from the original series!!!

didn't we see a Klingon Bird of Prey ship sneak peak this year?

Yes, but I'd much rather have the Enterprise. That's going to be fantastic!

x-mart
12-22-2005, 06:04 PM
This is the worst news I heard today :(

Since we buy internationally, standard dealers always show lower value on the invoice to prevent us from custom's charges, however Master Replicas (.com) don't do that...and we get stuck grr

Thanks!

Grievous
12-22-2005, 06:06 PM
There are two solutions:

1. Pay the extra fees.
2. Move to the US.

Solution 1 is easier. :)

Moria
12-22-2005, 06:16 PM
Another round of Ep IV Luke sabers?! :peoples:

RichardW
12-22-2005, 06:24 PM
wow boba fett's helmet!! start saving up right now.

It'll probably be a pristine version. :puke2:

These CE sabers are great for new collectors. I wonder how well they'll look.

P1X4R
12-22-2005, 06:48 PM
where's the MILLENNIUM FALCON?

Mike
12-22-2005, 07:06 PM
Just to be sure everyone knows these are scaled items. mmmmmmm scaled blasters

> Luke Skywalker Ep IV Lightsaber

> Obi-Wan Kenobi Weathered Ep IV Lightsaber

> Luke Skywalker Ep V Lightsaber

> Darth Vader Ep V Lightsaber

> Anakin Skywalker Ep II Lightsaber

> Stormtrooper Ep IV Blaster

> Han Solo Ep V Blaster

> Boba Fett Ep VI Blaster

Zurbaran1
12-22-2005, 07:07 PM

In a galaxy far, far away. :)

lancelin
12-22-2005, 07:11 PM
The Studio scale entreprise is HUGE... The Northstar resin kit was like 5 feet long with all the lights... Kit alone is $1750 bucks.

Would love to get one though.

Lance

risingstar
12-22-2005, 07:11 PM

Exactly!!

I've been itching for this item for a while now as well...

There was, however, an Enterprise... That might be interesting.
Any one see prelim pics? If so, post 'em!

P1X4R
12-22-2005, 07:14 PM
also where's the Indiana Jones props? :)

elwood49
12-22-2005, 07:47 PM
The "CE" idea seems strange... I guess it's cool for those who couldn't otherwise afford the props.

I'll be getting:

1. Stormtrooper Helmet LE
2. Boba Fett Helmet LE
3. Luke Ep. IV saber SE
4. SS Y-Wing (I may pass on this for space reasons since I REALLY want an X-Wing and TIE later). AT-AT SE, X-Wing, and TIE might be enough for me.

zimmermouse
12-22-2005, 07:48 PM
Just to be sure everyone knows these are scaled items. mmmmmmm scaled blasters

> Luke Skywalker Ep IV Lightsaber

> Obi-Wan Kenobi Weathered Ep IV Lightsaber

> Luke Skywalker Ep V Lightsaber

> Darth Vader Ep V Lightsaber

> Anakin Skywalker Ep II Lightsaber

> Stormtrooper Ep IV Blaster

> Han Solo Ep V Blaster

> Boba Fett Ep VI Blaster

Are you sure? So a scaled signed edition Luke Skywalker Ep IV Lightsaber then, am I correct? :confused2
http://www.azogscollection.com/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1135290564&archive=&start_from=&ucat=22&

elwood49
12-22-2005, 08:00 PM
Are you sure? So a scaled signed edition Luke Skywalker Ep IV Lightsaber then, am I correct? :confused2
http://www.azogscollection.com/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1135290564&archive=&start_from=&ucat=22&

No, there's a Luke LE, SE, and scaled version listed in the announcement. MR would never make a scaled SE....unless they run out of ideas. :laugh:

cap70
12-22-2005, 08:02 PM

Yup, that's the one I'm looking most forward to get!! :buttrock:

lancelin
12-22-2005, 08:15 PM
Here are the links for some other studio scale enterprise.

http://www.ketzer.com/enterprise/index.html

http://www.deboerhulls.com/northstar_models.htm

http://www.customreplicas.com/Enterprise.htm

Lance

Mike
12-22-2005, 08:19 PM

Look at my title :p

and Elwood is correct.

Shangrilien
12-22-2005, 11:08 PM
First thing I thought when I read it : I may be wrong but I think this new products classification just means :
- ELITE becomes LE
- LE becomes Collector.
No "more affordable lightsabers" but more politicly correct designations. I mean, all manufacturers make special versions of their products (Exclusives or whatever their names are). But Elite Edition (which is an MR "trademark") may have begun to sound too pompous, even involuntarily implying that LE were not worthy.
You can notice there's no EE in MR announcement ... (for the moment). We'll have to wait for official prices to figure it out.

Anyway, here's my buying list (with that pending CE/LE doubt)
- Qui-Gon Jinn Ep I Lightsaber
- Luke Skywalker EpIV Lightsaber
- Darth Vader EpVI Lightsaber
- Boba Fett Ep VI Blaster (waiting for pics)
- Boba Fett Ep V Helmet (waiting for pics)

Pogo4321
12-22-2005, 11:52 PM
My only question is who are their "retail partners" through which the CE editions will only be available initially?

And all these designations totally confuse me--I'm very new to collecting MR's so far I've only picked up FX sabers and plan to pick up the scaled items. Darth maul fx!!!! Hopefully not "battle damaged".

risingstar
12-23-2005, 12:11 AM
The words, "limited", "variant", and "collector" editions are really starting to get to me....

Wooktroop
12-23-2005, 12:17 AM
"For their 2006 Star Wars product line, they are introducing their exciting new Collector's Edition line of Star Wars products. The Collector's Editions will be unlimited in production and are constructed with more standard materials. The Collector's Edition will include a custom stand (no cover) and Certificate of Authenticity. Initially, the Collector's Edition will only be available through our retail partners. Of course they will continue to produce our Limited Edition line of Star Wars products, which will now only be available through www.masterreplicas.com. Edition sizes will be announced within 60 days of the product being placed on sale. (No more waiting months to find out!) Plaques will be numbered and will feature the edition size (for example 1/2900). These will be the same Limited Edition value and quality that you are accustomed to: premium materials, display case with cover, numbered, plaque, prop story, Certificate of Authenticity, and most importantly, limited in quantity.Signature Editions and Studio Scales will continue to be available both through www.masterreplicas.com and retail partners. Occasionally we may offer our retail partners exclusive Limited Edition items. Only Star Wars products will be available in Collector's Edition/Limited Edition versions for the time being!"

Sniper
12-23-2005, 01:13 AM
these are all awesome but way to much $$ for me right now, although I would love a bob fett helmet

Shangrilien
12-23-2005, 01:17 AM
"For their 2006 Star Wars product line[...]
Yes, I read it.
The Collectors items don't deserve cover :inquisiti
They implicitly admit that do not annouce quantities exasperated customers.
But I'm worried about the prices ...

First time I witnessed MR announcement :eek: That's overwhelming !!! 2006 hasn't started yet and I'm realising 8k at least will never reach my wallet (MR, Attakus, SS ...).
... Hi Honey ! What ? Oh, nothing important ... don't worry ... http://yelims.free.fr/Groumph/Peureux08.gif

metalsquid
12-23-2005, 02:56 AM
Obi-Wan Kenobi Weathered Ep IV Lightsaber Scaled item

so this is a re-release of the previous QVC/Walmart shared exclusive? meaning i won't have to fork out $100+ to get it of eBay?! :eplus2:

Moria
12-23-2005, 06:35 PM
so this is a re-release of the previous QVC/Walmart shared exclusive? meaning i won't have to fork out $100+ to get it of eBay?! :eplus2:

A plus if you don't have one, but what a crock! :banghead:

Mike
12-23-2005, 06:50 PM
A plus if you don't have one, but what a crock! :banghead:

It wasn't a numbered item or anything.

Moria
12-23-2005, 08:14 PM
It wasn't a numbered item or anything.

True, but it sure discourages me at least from caring much about the "exclusive" .45s. Why bother attempting to collect one of these foreign exclusives, if they will given time just be re-released worldwide? :mad:

Oh and given this logic please allow collectors a second chance at the full size Weathered Obi Wan .... :confused2

darthrobbler
12-23-2005, 10:42 PM
The MR blog has more of a description for the LE/CE controversy that is going to brewing soon. I just joined with MR to start carrying their product in my store but it looks like I won't be able to offer my customers the LE's that they are fond of. I don't think the CE's will have the same effect as the LE's have with my customer base. Oh well...

Shangrilien
12-23-2005, 11:28 PM
Yep. MR BLOG said :
"We'd like to clarify the difference between the Elite Edition, Limited Edition, and Collectors Edition. Here's a quick summary:

Elite Edition (EE) - Available to Collector's Society members only and will be constructed from the most premium materials available.

Limited Edition (LE) - Available through www.masterreplicas.com and will have a numbered plaque with an edition size cap. It has the same construction as the current Limited Editions. Select International Distributor partners will be provided with a very small quantity of the Limited Editions to help reduce some of the international shipping costs.

Collectors Edition (CE) - In response to our customer requests for a less expensive/ "costuming"/more youth accessible prop replica. Available through our retail partners and will be unlimited. Collectors Edition replicas will uphold the high quality appearance but will use slightly different materials so that they can be priced lower.

There has been a lot of concern regarding the new Limited Edition/Collectors Edition strategy. Here are some key things to know regarding why we have a new Limited Edition/Collectors Edition strategy:

- When the Limited Edition version of an item sells out, then it will be gone for good. Through the Collectors Edition, new collectors will be able to still collect popular character's prop replicas for many years to come, long after the Limited Editions have sold out.

- Collector's with a Limited Edition will have a collectible that's part of a capped edition run. We hope to keep the edition runs for the 2006 products tighter than 2005 and hope that this will help maintain and improve the value of the Limited Edition replicas.

We hope that this will help clarify the new Limited Edition/Collectors Edition strategy for 2006, and provide our customers with the greatest amount of choice when purchasing their favorite prop replica."

Tao
12-24-2005, 12:51 AM
2 FX lightsabers! Wahoo, I love these things. Wonder if the Kenobi one will be a different shade of blue than the Anakin FX one? Guess we have to wait and see.

metalsquid
12-24-2005, 10:26 AM
True, but it sure discourages me at least from caring much about the "exclusive" .45s. Why bother attempting to collect one of these foreign exclusives, if they will given time just be re-released worldwide? :mad:

Oh and given this logic please allow collectors a second chance at the full size Weathered Obi Wan .... :confused2

i feel you Moria. unfortunately it just looks like this is the trend with MR. look at the 2nd Gen. green Luke FX. previously a Borders exclusive, to be available to all through the MR website now.

and frankly i think the new CE designation is a crock as well. i honestly couldn't tell the difference between an EE and an LE and i seriously doubt there'll be much difference, if any, beween an LE and the new CEs. who really cares about having a numbered piece from a capped run if you could get something that looks AS GOOD, for less? maybe i feel that way because i'm not a 'hardcore' collector and i have a limited budget. the CEs are great news for customers like me but i have to wonder how the LE collectors will be hit, value-wise, in the secondary market.

Moria
12-24-2005, 08:23 PM
and frankly i think the new CE designation is a crock as well. i honestly couldn't tell the difference between an EE and an LE and i seriously doubt there'll be much difference, if any, beween an LE and the new CEs. who really cares about having a numbered piece from a capped run if you could get something that looks AS GOOD, for less? maybe i feel that way because i'm not a ' ' collector and i have a limited budget. the CEs are great news for customers like me but i have to wonder how the LE collectors will be hit, value-wise, in the secondary market.

I suggest that the CE/LE issue may cause such a saturation that dealers will be even more flooded with these. I suppose this could be in our favor as the prices will fall, though MR doesn't let dealers sell their items for lower than a designated price. I for one don't think I will mind a CE version, depending on price, the LE will likely not be worth it. If you are going to buy a piece for an edition size from MR forget it, they will just reproduce it later anyway. :banghead: :mad:

YakFace
12-29-2005, 06:40 AM
It'll probably be a pristine version. :puke2:

It's weathered.

lello999
12-30-2005, 10:26 AM
also where's the Indiana Jones props? :)

No Indy props for 2006. They are pushed back until the new Indy film is released :laugh:

RichardW
12-30-2005, 10:53 AM
It's weathered.

That's good to hear.

metalsquid
01-11-2006, 05:58 AM
the first .45 sabers for 2006 are up for order!

Obi-Wan Ep IV weathered (yay!)
Luke Ep IV
Anakin Ep II

http://masterreplicas.com/customer/starwars/starwars_product_list.php?cid=10

RichardW
01-11-2006, 12:34 PM
I've never seen a .45 saber in person. What's the average length and diameter?

Moria
01-11-2006, 03:14 PM
the first .45 sabers for 2006 are up for order!

Obi-Wan Ep IV weathered (yay!)
Luke Ep IV
Anakin Ep II

http://masterreplicas.com/customer/starwars/starwars_product_list.php?cid=10

Got the notice too, what a crock! :banghead: :puke2: :rolleyes2

metalsquid
01-12-2006, 01:27 AM
so from the pics, is that really the EXACT same weathered saber that was the QVC/Walmart exclusive? not even a slight difference? (for eg. like the Count Dooku/Darth Tyrannus .45)

i don't have the exclusive so i'm glad i can get a weathered Obi Wan now at retail price. it's my favourite saber. but i do feel for those who have the exclusive and this is a worrying practice from MR.

Moria
01-12-2006, 02:50 AM
so from the pics, is that really the EXACT same weathered saber that was the QVC/Walmart exclusive? not even a slight difference? (for eg. like the Count Dooku/Darth Tyrannus .45)

i don't have the exclusive so i'm glad i can get a weathered Obi Wan now at retail price. it's my favourite saber. but i do feel for those who have the exclusive and this is a worrying practice from MR.

Yes exact, :rolleyes2 and the response from MR in this very thread was "It wasn't a numbered item or anything." Really sounds like they are concerned with keeping exclusives as exclusive. :puke2:

RenegadeOne
01-12-2006, 04:11 AM
Nice, but what happened to the Rocketeer statue?

Grievous
01-12-2006, 04:37 AM
Yes exact, :rolleyes2 and the response from MR in this very thread was "It wasn't a numbered item or anything." Really sounds like they are concerned with keeping exclusives as exclusive. :puke2:

MR is really fuc*ing pissing me off these days. I might just stop collecting their product. :mad:

Wooktroop
01-12-2006, 02:24 PM
i should have sold my obi mini for $100 when i had the chance
D'oh!