PDA

View Full Version : I Hate Paypal!

Logan
12-23-2005, 08:08 PM
Ok, I got 2 claims by 2 scam ass buyers! I decided to make some sort of 'stand' against PayPal because i think this is BS! But hell, ofcourse it's not gonna work, I held onto the 'stand' too long and now they're threating with a damn collecting agency!

So I wanted to avoid that crap and wanted to pay, but guess what? They only accept credit cards and MO's, I don't have a CC so I wanted to send an MO.

I literally tried for weeks to get somekind of info on what the total is of what I need to pay (they frickin locked my account!), so finally after WEEKS I get an answer. I had to pay -25, right so what the hell does - mean, Euro or Dollar? After e-mailg back and forth for literally 9 weeks, I give them an e-mail again and look what I got back:

Thank you for contacting PayPal.

Thank you for providing this information to us. If that was the information
that you were given that would be the amount needed to pay.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Sincerely,
Jane
Protection Services Department PayPal, an eBay Company

I mean damn, do they even read the goddamn e-mails???

I really could use some help from you guys, is anyone here willing to send a MO (or use their credit card)for me (ofcourse I'll give you money extra in return) because they're charging a crapload of bucks just to ship money.

I HATE PAYPAL! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Can someone please help me? :redface:

galactus
12-23-2005, 08:49 PM
I'm a little confused here (yeah, like that's new). Some people made some claims against you and you now owe Paypal some money (so says Paypal). When you asked for the amount, they said you owed -25 (no $ sign, just a - sign). And of course, no one at paypal is willing or able to tell you what - means??
So how on earth is a CC or Money Order going to help anyway? You don't even know how much to pay??

PAYPAL SUCKS!!!! :banghead:

Sgt Taz
12-23-2005, 08:58 PM
Just what will happen if you dont pay? What's a baillif?

Logan
12-23-2005, 09:04 PM
I'm a little confused here (yeah, like that's new). Some people made some claims against you and you now owe Paypal some money (so says Paypal). When you asked for the amount, they said you owed -25 (no $ sign, just a - sign). And of course, no one at paypal is willing or able to tell you what - means??
So how on earth is a CC or Money Order going to help anyway? You don't even know how much to pay??

PAYPAL SUCKS!!!! :banghead:

I know what the total is, but don't know what they mean with the " - " for the additional 25 bucks/euros.

Logan
12-23-2005, 09:05 PM
Just what will happen if you dont pay? What's a baillif?

deurwaarder

Sgt Taz
12-23-2005, 09:07 PM
deurwaarder
There's more dutch people here then I thought :)

Neomotion
12-23-2005, 10:22 PM
Dutch people rule.... :buttrock:

lord odin
12-24-2005, 04:23 AM
I`m glad I don`t have an account there`s just something not right about them being able to freeze your account.

leks
12-24-2005, 07:58 AM
I agree hopefully well have a dutch forum exclusive soon ofnie :buttrock: and yes paypal sucks

El Diablo
12-24-2005, 10:08 AM
I know what the total is, but don't know what they mean with the " - " for the additional 25 bucks/euros.
I think the "-" may mean your in the red by the amount stated. It would have been easier for them to have told you, you owed them X amount of dollars, but since when did paypal ever do things the easy way? :banghead:

fossa
12-24-2005, 10:44 AM

no they don't.

i have sent them e-mails with specific questions & statements i want answered/addressed & it is like they do not read even one word of what i wrote.
all you ever get are form type responses with nothing relevant to your issues.

lord odin
12-24-2005, 11:29 AM
Ok, I got 2 claims by 2 scam ass buyers! I decided to make some sort of 'stand' against PayPal because i think this is BS! But hell, ofcourse it's not gonna work, I held onto the 'stand' too long and now they're threating with a damn collecting agency!

So I wanted to avoid that crap and wanted to pay, but guess what? They only accept credit cards and MO's, I don't have a CC so I wanted to send an MO.

I literally tried for weeks to get somekind of info on what the total is of what I need to pay (they frickin locked my account!), so finally after WEEKS I get an answer. I had to pay -25, right so what the hell does - mean, Euro or Dollar? After e-mailg back and forth for literally 9 weeks, I give them an e-mail again and look what I got back:

I really could use some help from you guys, is anyone here willing to send a MO (or use their credit card)for me (ofcourse I'll give you money extra in return) because they're charging a crapload of bucks just to ship money.

I HATE PAYPAL! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

If they locked your account couldn`t they just take the money out of it instead of you having to send them money?

bigben7
12-24-2005, 12:14 PM
paypal sux!!
i love how ebay owns them and they lie about good sites like bidpay. tryin to make every think they are the only safe way to send money. thats a lie!! bidpay is just as good and they only charge the buyer not the seller for payment. which is the way it shoudl be
too mnay ways for people to pay using paypal then lie about the seller, then they freeze your account and the liars get away with it and the sellers get screwed

Eye of Agamotto
12-24-2005, 12:26 PM
paypal sux!!
i love how ebay owns them and they lie about good sites like bidpay. tryin to make every think they are the only safe way to send money. thats a lie!! bidpay is just as good and they only charge the buyer not the seller for payment. which is the way it shoudl be
too mnay ways for people to pay using paypal then lie about the seller, then they freeze your account and the liars get away with it and the sellers get screwed

And in "freeze your account" what exactly do you mean, please explain. Can they hold all the funds that the account you have provided pay-pal with was given to do the transfers?

lord odin
12-24-2005, 12:28 PM
And in "freeze your account" what exactly do you mean, please explain. Can they hold all the funds that the account you have provided pay-pal with was given to do the transfers?
This is what i`m wondering as well.

bigben7
12-24-2005, 12:37 PM
yep
they wont let you send payments or recieve payments.just like international. i got nothing againts international. you try to be nice and send airmail and they dont wanna pay the hi shipping price for global ems with tracking. so you ship airmail and usps will not track it, there is no tracking number with international airmail unless you spend hi $$ for global ems. then a person says they didnt get it! you have no trackign number, paypal and the buyer knows that and all paypal says is ..you shouldnt ship international then. its a crock!then you either gotta pay the refund...or if your account doesnt have the money in it to cover that purchase they lint your account(freeze) and you have a negative balance . then you can onyl send money order or cc to pay the negative balance now. its a joke and a rip off

lord odin
12-24-2005, 01:27 PM
yep
they wont let you send payments or recieve payments.just like international. i got nothing againts international. you try to be nice and send airmail and they dont wanna pay the hi shipping price for global ems with tracking. so you ship airmail and usps will not track it, there is no tracking number with international airmail unless you spend hi $$ for global ems. then a person says they didnt get it! you have no trackign number, paypal and the buyer knows that and all paypal says is ..you shouldnt ship international then. its a crock!then you either gotta pay the refund...or if your account doesnt have the money in it to cover that purchase they lint your account(freeze) and you have a negative balance . then you can onyl send money order or cc to pay the negative balance now. its a joke and a rip off
Damn that is a ripoff I see alot of people use paypal and alot of them are saying they suck.
I think a class action lawsuit is in paypal and ebay`s future.

Daredevil
12-24-2005, 01:55 PM
sellers will just have to resort to the expensive EMS shipping to protect themselves. Too bad a few bad apples have to make all the internationals suffer the higher shippng costs

Eye of Agamotto
12-24-2005, 03:17 PM
When I get paid through paypal I immediately send a wire to my bank account, they have none of my money, I have the account at zero all the time. Why don't you do this?

Logan
12-24-2005, 05:41 PM
I think the "-" may mean your in the red by the amount stated. It would have been easier for them to have told you, you owed them X amount of dollars, but since when did paypal ever do things the easy way? :banghead:

No, this '-' is for the additional 25 bucks/euros, not for the money I owe them.

When I get paid through paypal I immediately send a wire to my bank account, they have none of my money, I have the account at zero all the time. Why don't you do this?

I did that too! But it could have been solved if they didn't lock my account and I could've paid them easily. Now I need to send a MO, which is not that easy over here because I have to pay alot of money just to send it. And I'm not talking shipping costs.

I hope that helps you Odin and others who were interested.
Anyway, I beg you guys, can someone please send a MO for me?
I can send you the money through Paypal with a little extra for the effort of sending an MO for me.

Daywalker
12-24-2005, 05:45 PM
also even if ur account is at zero paypal can withdrawn funds and force u to have a negative balance and then u have to pay the bank back plus an overdrawn fee - thats why i stopped using them :banghead:

paypal = :puke2:

bigben7
12-24-2005, 06:17 PM
daywalker
you r correct
i find it funny that most peoepl wont buy if you dont take paypal.
bidpay is just as ssafe and secure.
i cant stand how ebay always has statements sayin western union , money gram and bidpay is unsafe and dotn use it.
bunch of bs... ebay owns paypal!! its a racket and it stinks. it lets cheats and losers take adavantage of people

Kirk Durfey
12-24-2005, 06:29 PM
A friend of mine sold a statue for $300 and it was damaged in shipping. The buyer filed a claim with Paypal saying the seller had 'misrepresented' the item. Paypal froze my friends account, it took almost a month to get things straightened out. While eventually everything was worked out, it sucks that his account was held for that long.

lord odin
12-24-2005, 07:10 PM
Well after reading these posts i`m never getting a paypal account.

El Diablo
12-24-2005, 07:32 PM
That`s fine, but the trouble is alot of sellers on ebay only accept paypal for payment now. So it really restricts who you can buy from.

lord odin
12-24-2005, 07:47 PM
That`s fine, but the trouble is alot of sellers on ebay only accept paypal for payment now. So it really restricts who you can buy from.
I don`t have an ebay account either :laugh:

El Diablo
12-24-2005, 07:54 PM
I don`t have an ebay account either :laugh:
When I look at my bank account sometimes I wish I didn`t have one either! :thumbs2:

bigben7
12-24-2005, 08:44 PM
ya alot of peopel require paypal because they want thier money NOW! i think you shoudl be more worried about those people.

Bladedanger
12-24-2005, 09:19 PM
I like paypal!! :buttrock:

rychehitman
12-24-2005, 10:50 PM
Dutch people rule.... :buttrock:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Logan
12-26-2005, 10:52 PM
I beg you guys, can someone please send a MO for me?
I can send you the money through Paypal with a little extra for the effort of sending an MO for me.

Logan
01-15-2006, 12:55 PM

MAJOR BUMP!! C'mon guys can anyone help me?

I'll give you a little extra cash for the effort of sending it! PLEASE! :inquisiti

Doc Sonic
01-15-2006, 03:46 PM
I pm'd you. Let me know how i can help.

JadeGiant
01-15-2006, 07:25 PM

I think this is becoming more common as there seem to be a lot of people getting screwed by paypal.

I have both accounts but haven't sold anything yet. I plan to start selling some day and dread the whole papypal drama ... at this point if I were to sell I probably wouldn't accept paypal.

rychehitman
01-15-2006, 07:49 PM
I just had to file my very first claim with paypal. Seller never sent item after 29 days, so I filed. Nothing has come of it yet!

daveyyojimbo
01-15-2006, 09:25 PM
How do you find anything obscure your lookin for or do you already own everything. :laugh:

lord odin
01-16-2006, 12:53 AM
How do you find anything obscure your lookin for or do you already own everything. :laugh:
I don`t have anything that is real obscure and if it`s something I want to find I use a friend of a friend to get it for me.

BillyPilgrim
01-16-2006, 01:47 AM
It seems to me that no matter what the seller does they are wrong in paypal's eye's. here's how paypal cost me 50.00 as a buyer -

I didn't update my cc (backup source) info when the card expired - that's because I always use the bank account - i got a great price on a mirale man fs so i jumped on it - i tried to pay using the backup source b/c i knew there wasn't any cash in the account - i get directed to update the cc info - no problem, i did it and paid using the cc as my funding source - what they didn't tell me was that i couldn't use the card for a few business days because they needed to check the info and make sure it was a valid card - so now they try to tap the bank account for the money b/c the cc can't be run as a funding source - no cash in the account means a $25 charge for a bounced check from the bank - then to compound the problem paypal tries to tap the bank account the next day leading to a second $25 charge from the bank - that one i caught because paypal sent me an email stating that their request for funds was denied - three hours and ten phone calls later i got it straightened out and they used the credit card - when i said that it was their fault because there was no warning about them not tapping the card for three business days and suggested that they refund my $50.00 the mananger who i was on the phone with actually laughed out loud and told me to get real - that's why paypal sucks, bites and blows all at the same time...