PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever broken a Bowen piece?

RichBamf
12-23-2005, 09:11 PM
I've broken three seperate statues! :banghead:

I bought a Bowen Black Bolt MB that I'd paid $50 for and had all of two seconds-a million B.Bolt pieces doesn't look great!

I got a diamond select modern age Gambit statue, and I put him on his base to see what he looked like, pulled him off, but the peg caught in the base and tore his foot right off!

Then a couple of days ago, I was making space for the S.Surfer chrome that I picked up, and decided to clean my statues. Took my pride and joy Punisher FS off his base, dinked his hand on the base and the damn hand broke off at the wrist, thankfully i managed to fix him :)

Am I the record holder for most statues broken?

I'll be glad to pass the title on if anyone else can best me. :laugh:
Does anyone have any accident horror stories?

JavOner
12-23-2005, 09:31 PM
I broke a couple, a weapon x bust, green goblin FS, both bowen. Also a diamond selects cyclops bust, spide man Fs the one with all his enemys hands coming at him. Garbage all of them through them away.

sincity
12-23-2005, 09:34 PM
broke my
DC direct green arrow full size
my randy bowen kongzilla and madman statue
my robin WBSS wall plaque
my DF doc ock mini bust
my ripclaw statue
all were repaired (glued) except kongzilla and madman

Dj-B13
12-23-2005, 09:56 PM
Ive broken quite a few.....

:mad: :laugh:

darthrobbler
12-23-2005, 10:19 PM
Went to clean my MB and when I was taking the Invisible Woman MB out of the case the fingers caught on the the side of the door as I removed her and CRACK off came all the fingers on the hand...I was so peeved...

High Lord Apocalypse
12-23-2005, 10:20 PM
holy crap, this is a painful thread. glad i have'nt broken anything yet. knowing my luck i'm most likely gonna be back here posting something bad!!!!

Kirk Durfey
12-23-2005, 10:43 PM
I chipped my Bowen Doc Savage bust, and also chipped my Cinemcast Darth Vader statue...

badhulk
12-23-2005, 10:50 PM
:banghead: :banghead: Ive broken quite a few

batman1180
12-23-2005, 10:58 PM
broke the lighting bolts rigth off of my flash JLA maquette when i was moving it once.

bought a new one to replace it. but hes still around waiting for a reverse flash custom job eventually.

Colossus
12-23-2005, 11:17 PM
Yeah was cleaning a while back and stood up under a shelf I had a shivan dragon on and that bastage attacked me cut my head and smashed on the floor, also took a doctor evil with him on the way down.

stevex2
12-23-2005, 11:18 PM
Pulled my new FS Bowen Gambit outta the box went to put the shaft in his hand and it snapped in 4 places !!!! :banghead: I got it back together very successfully with patience and time. :buttrock:

delta88
12-23-2005, 11:24 PM
I never broke any of mine, but my WIFE had to dust MY BOWEN BUSTS, why I don't know why, and broke juggernaut & galactus mini busts!

risingstar
12-23-2005, 11:30 PM
I have never broken a statue myself, however, my exGF (in the late 90s) broke 5 statues. I don't miss her. LOL

1) The Moore SHI blade (MooreCreations was kind enough to replace it)
2) The Robin on the first Paquet Dark Knight statue (replaced)
3) The Paquet Catwoman
4) Attakus Spiderman on gargoyle - Broken twice

The better half, however, is amazing. I can completely trust her with the statues.

MTR001
12-23-2005, 11:52 PM
I killed my FS Bowen Retro Iron Man.
My he rest in pieces.

rychehitman
12-23-2005, 11:55 PM
I have never broken a statue myself, however, my exGF (in the late 90s) broke 5 statues. I don't miss her. LOL

1) The Moore SHI blade (MooreCreations was kind enough to replace it)
2) The Robin on the first Paquet Dark Knight statue (replaced)
3) The Paquet Catwoman
4) Attakus Spiderman on gargoyle - Broken twice

The better half, however, is amazing. I can completely trust her with the statues.

I see why she is an EX!

:laugh:

Capt. America
12-23-2005, 11:57 PM
Man sorry to hear about all of these,,,Knock on wood i haven't broken any yet

DD_fan96
12-24-2005, 12:31 AM
I broke my Union Jack mini-bust, my Bowen Elektra FS, Marvel Collector's Club Spider-Man, Black Widow mini-bust.

Plus all the multiple paint chips/rubs, but we wont go there.

Predator
12-24-2005, 12:38 AM
Closest I came was when I knocked over my Jim Lee Batman. Luckily I was quick enough to catch him before he hit the ground. Damn ears were sharp too, drew blood from my palms. Been more carefull since.

bomen
12-24-2005, 01:00 AM
I never broke any of mine, but my WIFE had to dust MY BOWEN BUSTS, why I don't know why, and broke juggernaut & galactus mini busts!

how the heck did she do THAT? there's nothing but rounded corners of bulk on the guy, no delicates anywhere?!??

eydylhands
12-24-2005, 01:01 AM
I dropped and broke into several pieces the first absorbing man I pulled aout of the box.
jm

strange_one
12-24-2005, 02:21 AM
I wish there was a catalogue somewhere of all the busted/cracked Bowen pieces in the world. I'm sure the statistics would be pretty alarming

overcomebyfumes
12-24-2005, 03:09 AM
Broke the wingtips off my Thor MB. Glued them back on and it's really hard to tell.

SARPEDON
12-24-2005, 03:14 AM
My Wife Once Lost One Of The Swords Of The Magdalena Bust While Cleaning Our Room. Needless To Say I Was Truly Miffed So Went To E-bay And Had To Shell Out About $150 To Get Another One. I Am Sure I Am Not The Only One To Have This Happen To I Just Wonder If The Manufacturers Of These Pieces Ever Make Spare Weaponry.

lord odin
12-24-2005, 03:44 AM
I only break them when I get a replacement it doesn`t matter what piece or how much it cost if it has a chip or ding it goes into the garbage.

Pogo4321
12-24-2005, 04:11 AM
Broke a finger off my Bowen Carnage bust--cheap freakin' plastic.

lord odin
12-24-2005, 04:14 AM
My Wife Once Lost One Of The Swords Of The Magdalena Bust While Cleaning Our Room. Needless To Say I Was Truly Miffed So Went To E-bay And Had To Shell Out About $150 To Get Another One. I Am Sure I Am Not The Only One To Have This Happen To I Just Wonder If The Manufacturers Of These Pieces Ever Make Spare Weaponry.
Bowen has spares of accessories.

Iacon13
12-24-2005, 04:30 AM
uhhh...can't we stop talking about this....my full size Thor..gone because my favoirite Cat jumped up and knocked him down. Still have the cat and he still looks guilty as charged. Recently broke my Hawkgirl maquette at the legs. Also broke a couple of cheap busts. Thor was what really hurt. I eventually replaced him. I also always tell people do not move your statues. Thats what causes much of the statue damage. It seems we are all clumsy.

RichBamf
12-24-2005, 10:10 AM
You guys have made me so much happier now, i thought i was a single careless oaf, but it seems there are more of us! :laugh:
The worst thing is the sick to the stomach feeling you get, i thought i was gonna puke when i broke punisher-it was a 21st birthday pressie from some of my friends-and they were strapped for cash students which made it all the more sweeter to get it from them.

Daywalker
12-24-2005, 10:17 AM
luckily i only slightly damaged 1 piece ever - i craked the ankles of a batman clocktower statue taking him down from a shelf - pick it up by the base and didnt hold "batman" and the unsupported weight was too much and crack - cant notice it when the piece is display but had to replace it anyway with a mint one ;)

on another note - anyone need a bats/clocktower ??? :laugh: :laugh:

Gatekeeper2Hell
12-24-2005, 03:23 PM
Logan FS - I must have bumped the shelf above him during positioning. The very tip of the hair on the right side is gone. This is so minor that if I painted the spot you couldn't tell. I just need to figure out the color.

Magneto MB - I got the Magneto FS and put it in the case on the shelf above my villian MB shelf. After he was in, I remembered to check out the magnet that was in his hand. Unfortunately, my keys were too heavy. I kept them from hitting the FS base. But gravity and a slight bounce pulled them around the front edge of the shelf and the tagged the Magneto MB below. The paint chipped off the inner right side of the cape in an irregular 1/8th inch circle.

Chrome Colossus FS - When I got the Juggernaut FS I had to move Colossus over. That's when I noticed the scratches on his base. The bottom of his non-peg foot had a slight deformity where the mold came together which had caused the scratches while positioning him. Fortunately, the scratches are only under the foot. And the chrome is still there, it just the red paint that came off. Which tells me that Colossus' chrome clothing may be a result of not using a thicker paint, like the stuff that keeps flaking off the Colossus busts.

Wayne Industries
12-24-2005, 04:39 PM
I had a shelf go out on me once.... :redface: the wood I had anchored to had wood rot and didn't hold.....Better than most villains..this "accident" took out Mr. Fantastic FS...Sue (Fading FS)...The Punisher FS and gave Torch FS a scar he never recovered from...Dr. Doom would've been proud.... :bawling:

mfrancoiii
12-24-2005, 05:10 PM
all these stories are too painful...
i broke the fingers on my sue storm and human torch mb. i also recently broke my NECA spider man statue #301 AP into 7 pieces.

enzo
12-24-2005, 08:15 PM
broke an attakus luke

High Lord Apocalypse
12-25-2005, 12:15 AM
i never broke a statue since i always tell myself that i have to slow down anytime i touch a statue and it takes me 4 times as long to do something because i'm extra careful. unfortunaltey i can't say that about my own body since i dislocated my knee when i landed and tore my ligament in my knee and herniated 2 discs in lower spine,all in one day!! a different kind of pain, but pain nonetheless my friends!!!

rychehitman
12-25-2005, 12:17 AM
that is BIG TIME pain!

I have 2 herniated discs in my lower back, and harldy any cartilege left in my knees!

I feel your pain brother!

I too have been breakage free thus far! ( knock on wood!)

High Lord Apocalypse
12-25-2005, 12:26 AM
that is BIG TIME pain!

I have 2 herniated discs in my lower back, and harldy any cartilege left in my knees!

I feel your pain brother!

I too have been breakage free thus far! ( knock on wood!)
knock on wood is right!!!!!! :laugh:

rychehitman
12-25-2005, 12:35 AM
I am just finishing my display area, and making it safe is job #1 !

No cat / kid zone, and my wife knows how to handle everything properly!

Now , if I can just get the maid to dust more often! = )

mbright220
12-25-2005, 12:36 AM
I too have suffered broken fingers on an Invisible Woman MB, unfortunately I still cannot locate one of the fingers and she is still missing one. The good part is, you can just say shes turned that finger invisible.

Mastermold
12-25-2005, 01:26 AM
I broke off a few fingers on my Sue Richards bust -- actually the cleaning people at my office did! If only they'd left the fingers behind I could have glued them back on!

blue_rogue
12-25-2005, 01:54 AM
I only own one Bowen bust, Daredevil, which my girlfriend damaged. I used to have my stereo on top of my entertainment center. The bust was also up there and one night she went to turn the stereo off, after she had turned the lights off, and she knocked it over, onto the floor. The paint chipped off the tip of his nose and there is a slight crack where his body connects to the base. I still have it. It's in the box, stored at my parents' house. I'll probably "touch it up" someday.

I broke my Cinemacast Vader statue. I was rearranging my collection one day. I had the statue on the floor, with the lightsaber blade in the hilt. Wasn't paying attention to what I was doing and backed into the blade. The blade is fine, but it shattered the top of the hilt.

My cat broke my Palisades Transformers Arcee statue on Christmas day last year. My fault for leaving it on the coffee table for a few days after opening it. I didn't really have any place to put it at the time and I guess I was too lazy to put it back in the box. :rolleyes2

cblakey1
12-25-2005, 02:39 AM
I'll be glad to pass the title on if anyone else can best me. :laugh:
Does anyone have any accident horror stories?

Let's put it this way... all the Shi statues I have either have the streamers broken off her legs or strands of hair snapped off. :bawling: