PDA

View Full Version : Merry Xmas and I got Deadpool!!

Iacon13
12-25-2005, 08:03 AM
Hey Everyone

Just wanted to wish all of you a Merry Christmas and share my good fortune of having got Deapool for Christmas. We opened some of our gifts on Christmas Eve in case any of you are wondering how I know at 3:00 AM. I also bought my son (4 years old) his first Bowen bust, Original Wolverine. Anyways hope you all got what you wanted. Have a great day! :buttrock:

Capt. America
12-25-2005, 10:38 AM
Thats cool....and your starting him off right....MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!

Dj-B13
12-25-2005, 10:52 AM
YES MERRY CHRISTMASS TOO~!!! :) :buttrock:

Bladedanger
12-25-2005, 11:01 AM
Merry christmas.......mmmmm eggnog

JavOner
12-25-2005, 11:09 AM
Merry f........ing christmas to all. Iacon congrats on deadpool enjoy your holy day.

boondocksaint
12-25-2005, 11:48 AM
happy holidays nice grab

sellin71
12-25-2005, 12:32 PM
Merry Christmas.....I gave my son his first Full Size Bowen....The Man-Thing. He thought it was cool for a second then grabbed his light sabers.

qc_mohawks
12-25-2005, 12:37 PM
hey sellin....did your son even ask for the FS or did you just basically buy him what you like.....I sure hope not, buy a waste of a present for him....and how old is he?

i mean, if he isnt at least old enough to know how to take care of it, then it seems like an awful waste.

merry christmas

High Lord Apocalypse
12-25-2005, 12:38 PM
merry christmas everyone and i see a few guys got your kids(basically for yourselves) a bowen piece!!!! interesting way to get another bowen without pissin off the wifey, eh????? very clever!!!! :eplus2:

qc_mohawks
12-25-2005, 12:41 PM
merry christmas everyone and i see a few guys got your kids(basically for yourselves) a bowen piece!!!! interesting way to get another bowen without pissin off the wifey, eh????? very clever!!!! :eplus2:

actually i think that is very sad.

glad my father didnt push off his likes onto me & instead got me things I (not HE) wanted for x-mas.

any guy that did this needs to take a hard, long look at himself.

Grumpy
12-25-2005, 12:46 PM
Full Size Deadpool for Christmas! Congrats! Mamma Grump and I are all alone this year for Christmas after having had 22 years of waking up to kids. This is our first one with all the kids married off! Mamma Grump ain't gonna give me any Bowen for Christmas but I hope to share my Man Thing with her later :eplus2:

Capt. America
12-25-2005, 12:52 PM
:laugh: :laugh:

High Lord Apocalypse
12-25-2005, 01:04 PM
oh man, you krak me up!!! :laugh: :laugh:

delta88
12-25-2005, 01:16 PM
Merry Christmas all!
My wife got me FS Thanos, Silver Surfer(chrome). Mb Electro, & Union Jack. Hope everybody gets what there hoping for.

Happy New Year.

mitchanator
12-25-2005, 01:21 PM
merry christmas to all and i think i will do me a christmax present and buy myself the bowen FS red daredevil i found in a shop in vegas during my vacation

heirtoasguard
12-25-2005, 01:25 PM
hey mohawks if parents didn't do that then I guess your kids would not like football or baseball or whatever. I do it. my kids are 6 and 8 and they know every f/s and m/b I have. I don't push it on them. wow talk about Christmas spirit. get a grip. do you even have kids?? and my sons bought me a m/b and I bought them the Master Replica light sabres.

Tetragrammaton
12-25-2005, 01:29 PM
Everyone has their own take on things.

While my initial reaction was closer to yours, Heirtoasgard, I'm sure qc_mohawks has his own personal reasons for his post.

Bladedanger
12-25-2005, 01:34 PM
Merry Christmas.....I gave my son his first Full Size Bowen....The Man-Thing. He thought it was cool for a second then grabbed his light sabers.
don't worry you can be my dad anytime :buttrock:

heirtoasguard
12-25-2005, 01:45 PM
hey tetra I agree with you on that but mohawks shouldn't have said that on Christmas.
I mean who here is to judge anyone here or their actions?

Iacon13
12-25-2005, 01:54 PM

glad my father didnt push off his likes onto me & instead got me things I (not HE) wanted for x-mas.

Hey its Christmas and you are entitled to your opinion. My kid actually really likes them. I am sure in no small part because of me. He stares at em all the time and I kinda got it for him as a stocking stuffer. I have that Wolverine and now we both have one. I think its kinda fun and cool. Also I think being a parent is exposing your kid to your likes. Its how they figure out what they like. I have an affinity for piano playing and its because of my mom. He actually woke up this morning and said (because he starts all his sentences with " I told you..." not sure why but anyways) he said " I told you I have a Wolverine statue" to his Grandmother. We all had a good laugh! Anyways, again Merry Christmas to all of you!

Sniper
12-25-2005, 01:57 PM
at first I was not going to get it but when I saw it I had to have it~

Wolverine1
12-25-2005, 04:13 PM
Very cool present for your son! I would have done the same thing!

pmpknface
12-25-2005, 04:16 PM
Merry Chraistmas and HAPPY HOLIDAYS everyone!

Grumpy
12-25-2005, 04:43 PM
I don't have any sons but if I did, they'd be totally getting neat stuff we could both enjoy. I do have three son-in-laws. One loves Harley motorcycles - he even named my granddaughter "Harley"! Another loves small collectible car replicas and I think he has as many of them as I have of Bowen MBs and FS statues. The third likes Star Wars and I got him the Yoda bobble head figure for Christmas and the Darth Vader one for his birthday which is next month. I figure once a guy finds what he likes then focus on that but when they are young share with them the thing that really turns your crank . . . they can decide later whether or not they want to share in your enthusiasm. Whatever, lets not rag on others today while remembering Christmas brings out lots of pain as well as joy and happiness.

marvelboi77
12-25-2005, 06:10 PM
Merry Christmas to everyone... I opened up my Juggernaut today, I love him.

rychehitman
12-25-2005, 09:31 PM
WOW! Mohawks is a real piece of work, eh?

Congrats on everyones Bowen haul!

Underdog07
12-25-2005, 10:56 PM
Is the Wolverine broken yet?

Underdog07
12-25-2005, 10:59 PM
hey sellin....did your son even ask for the FS or did you just basically buy him what you like.....I sure hope not, buy a waste of a present for him....and how old is he?

i mean, if he isnt at least old enough to know how to take care of it, then it seems like an awful waste.

merry christmas

What is the point of your post?

Hypothetically, lets say his 4 year old son asks for a set of steak knives. Should he get that for him?

I think all gift giving in general has a "selfish" overtone. For example, I bought my wife items that I hoped she would like, but that I did like. She basically did the same with me. If I just got a list from her and bought off of it, where is the fun?

sellin71
12-25-2005, 11:21 PM

merry christmas
Actually we were looking at the Bowen Website together and he thought that the Man-Thing was the coolest looking statue. He did ask for it and it is sitting proudly on his computer desk. By the way, he is 8. I will have to snap a pic of his room, it is a neat set-up. All of his friends always comment on it when they come over. Collecting statues is a hobby that we share together, he always asks me to look and Bowen's website with him.

Ish
12-25-2005, 11:25 PM
that's cool bro, that you're able to share that with your kid like that.

rychehitman
12-25-2005, 11:26 PM
sellin, its awesome you share this hobby with your son.. I hope to with mine when he gets older if he shows any interest!

qc is just clueless! Ignore him! Keep sharing your exploits with those that care to hear them!

sellin71
12-25-2005, 11:29 PM
By the way, I didn't take mohawks post wrong. I know that alot of times I can post something that reads alot differently than if it would in a normal spoken conversation. That is the only downfall to these types of forums. I am not the smoothest writer in the world and I know that sometimes my posts get misinterpreted as do other posters. No big deal.

sellin71
12-25-2005, 11:45 PM
sellin, its awesome you share this hobby with your son.. I hope to with mine when he gets older if he shows any interest!

qc is just clueless! Ignore him! Keep sharing your exploits with those that care to hear them!
Thanks, I appreciate that.

DDura711
12-26-2005, 01:30 AM

Well Merry Christmas to you too. Looks like the Bah-Hum Bug caught you straight in the ass this year. How about this insted.

"Wow that's nice for you, now I'm not gonna make any judgements about people I don't know and sit in the corner like a good boy"

For those who did get stuff for their kids, hey it's prob cause they see their father take an interest in it and want to enjoy the same thing.

And as far as a LONG HARD LOOK I think that a father introducing a child into his interests is MORE then normal and I can't see a thing wrong with it. Didn't you dad ever get you a football or a baseball glove cause HE liked sports?

fhurtado3627
12-26-2005, 02:43 PM
I think that it is cool that you share your hobby with your son. I do not see that as being pushy. It is actually a good way to teach appreciation of art since busts and statues deal with design, sculpture, and paint. If I had a son, I would probably do the same.

Deadpool FS :buttrock: great statue, congrats!