PDA

View Full Version : Completists of the World, Unite!

chasethedragon
12-26-2005, 12:57 AM
This post has been updated as of information contained in this thread through Post #59.

Let's keep this list updated. Reason? If I get a BD limited that I don't want, I will offer first dibs to a Confirmed Completist. Maybe others will too.

This is our list as of 12/27/05:

Confirmed Completists
claws181
nbr3bagshotrow
C. Bormann
JavOner
kal-el
stevex2
Tatoox
qc_mohawks
SigmaTN
mfrancoiii (FS)
Comicboy (MB)
madjazz (MB)
Superhero
bomen (MB)
MKS (MB)
cdavis (MB)
ickwinzs (MB)
Bartman256 (MB)
OneOne78 (MB)
Mark (MB)

Soon to Be Completists/Ex-Completists
Dj-B13 (MB)
Sniper
DDura711
sketch515
Colossus
Foord (MB)
Just_joseph (MB)
ronwlim (MB)

Tattoo-X
12-26-2005, 01:02 AM
Just became a completist again.
Thanks Kirk! :buttrock:

Now I'll have to get even luckier on the Sasquatch cube base.
That's the one I've wanted from day 1.

Avenger
12-26-2005, 01:03 AM
Your wife is such the pushover. Hold out until New Years yeah right. :laugh:

Tattoo-X
12-26-2005, 01:06 AM
Your wife is such the pushover. Hold out until New Years yeah right. :laugh:
She hid it in the kitchen cupboard.
I waited about 15min after opening all the presents and then demaned the gold. :laugh:
Kirk offered it to me, then secret emails between her and Kirk, and then a box arrived from him.
All the time she's telling me it's not the Gold Bucky. Yeah, right.

Avenger
12-26-2005, 01:07 AM
She hid it in the kitchen cupboard.
I waited about 15min after opening all the presents and then demaned the gold. :laugh:
Kirk offered it to me, then secret emails between her and Kirk, and then a box arrived from him.
All the time she's telling me it's not the Gold Bucky. Yeah, right.
What was she thinking hiding it in the cupboard from you. :banghead: :laugh:

DDura711
12-26-2005, 01:10 AM
I've only got 3 busts missing. I'd still like to get them.

Tattoo-X
12-26-2005, 01:11 AM
What was she thinking hiding it in the cupboard from you. :banghead: :laugh:
No, it wasn't a food cupboard, one with pans in it.

Avenger
12-26-2005, 01:15 AM
No, it wasn't a food cupboard, one with pans in it.
So it should have been safe. We know you don't cook. :laugh:

Tattoo-X
12-26-2005, 01:20 AM
So it should have been safe. We know you don't cook. :laugh:
Is that what's she's been telling you?
Fine, I'm not fixin tacos this week. :p

Clancy
12-26-2005, 01:22 AM
What rules are you using for completedom. Just the Marvel line, or all Bowen Mini Busts, or option number three...Everything Bowen?

JavOner
Completist in the house representing the last of real collectors breed.

Avenger
Is that what's she's been telling you?
Fine, I'm not fixin tacos this week. :p
Going to Taco Bell doesn't count for fixin Tacos. :laugh:

Kirk Durfey
12-26-2005, 01:31 AM

Now I'll have to get even luckier on the Sasquatch cube base.
That's the one I've wanted from day 1.
You're welcome! I've got a couple who will be looking for the cube base Sasquatch, so hopefully we'll get one...

Tattoo-X
12-26-2005, 01:32 AM
Going to Taco Bell doesn't count for fixin Tacos. :laugh:
Not Taco Bell, that's 30 miles away.
Remember, we live in the country.
Tacos once a week, and BBQs in the summer.
That's usually all I do in the kitchen.

Tattoo-X
12-26-2005, 01:34 AM
You're welcome! I've got a couple who will be looking for the cube base Sasquatch, so hopefully we'll get one...
Cool! :thumbs2: :buttrock: :cool: :D

boondocksaint
12-26-2005, 01:36 AM
being a completist doesnt make you a REAL collector...im having more fun now buying only what i want then when i bought things just to be a completist

Tattoo-X
12-26-2005, 01:40 AM
being a completist doesnt make you a REAL collector...im having more fun now buying only what i want then when i bought things just to be a completist
That's true.
BD is starting to take the fun out of collecting with the low numbers, Red Friday, winning the Golden ticket, and the Canadian Tree Line.
I enjoy having one of each Bowen Marvel Bust.
Other items (lines, manufactues, etc.) I only buy what I truely want, and have become even more selective.

Jesse321
12-26-2005, 02:20 AM
I gave up the ghost a while ago ... after the holidays I'm going to really buckle down and get the boxes of the pieces I don't want anymore and off to the bay they go!

Superhero
12-26-2005, 02:53 AM
There can only be a maximum possible of approximately 40 Marvel mini-bust completist if you include the alter ego minibusts that came with the bronze statues of Hulk, Captain America and Spiderman. I say approximately because the edition sizes on the alter ego mini buts were 35 apiece for both Spiderman and Hulk and 60 for Captain America...I am not sure how many APs there were.

Tattoo-X
12-26-2005, 03:03 AM
I don't consider those, since they came with statues, and are not of the heroes.
Don't really consider Gold Bucky and Cube Base Sasquatch.
I doubt that there's any 100% Anal Completist out there with all the minis including the Alter Egos.

lord odin
12-26-2005, 03:07 AM
I don't consider those, since they came with statues, and are not of the heroes.
I doubt that there's any 100% Anal Completist out there with all the minis including the Alter Egos.
I heard there was this one guy in New York who`s real close. :confused2

qc_mohawks
12-26-2005, 03:52 AM
I am a completist....only missing first hulk mini bust.

SigmaTN
12-26-2005, 03:59 AM
I am a completist...have every Marvel mini-bust so far...(not including bronze)

mfrancoiii
12-26-2005, 04:03 AM
I collect mostly FS statues, and according to Azog's priceguide, I have all of the Marvel PhaseI and PhaseII FS that have been released except for the Thanos I am waiting for from DRod. Also I have most of his Dark Horse comics and misc FS statues Randy has done.

Wolverine1
12-26-2005, 04:57 AM
I've only got 3 busts missing. I'd still like to get them.
Just curious, which ones? Why them?

chasethedragon
12-26-2005, 05:44 AM
Okay, the first post is updated as of information contained in this thread through Post #25.

As far as what constitutes a completist? I don't know. You can be a MB or FS or BD completist. It's up to you. This is not scientific or anything. If you tell me that you're a completist, I'll put you down, but I would think it would be hard to call yourself a completist if you don't have all or very, very close to the entire run. If desired, I can indicate whether you are a MB, FS, or BD completist as I have for mfrancoiii.

On the other hand I would think that the bronzes would not be included in this since they are so limited and expensive. In other words I think it would be fair if a person considers themself a completist even without any of the bronzes.

Comicboy
12-26-2005, 06:10 AM
I am a Marvel Mini-bust completist. I'm also almost a non-Marvel mini-bust completist. I'm 11 short with 4 of those being "bronzes" (not including the big 3 bronzes). Of those 11 I'm short, I'd only buy 3.

risingstar
12-26-2005, 06:17 AM
The thing is, I'm not a huge fan of variants (unless there are significant differences, for example, phasing vision) or change-o-heads so I typically pass on those. I didn't need to have both Electros (the armed one was enough) or both FFF, Deadpools, YellowJackets, Nick Furys, Icemen and so on... One version is usually enough for me.

The term completist should probably have 2 classes.
Class a) I must have it all - variants and all.
Class b) One version completist - variants and multiples of the same character be damned!

Vandle
12-26-2005, 07:02 AM
The term completist should probably have 2 classes.
Class a) I must have it all - variants and all.
Class b) One version completist - variants and multiples of the same character be damned!

I was in the Class A category up till the Gold Bucky. I have all of the Bowen bust excluding the Gold Bucky and the bronzes.
I will continue to get all of the Bowen regular bust , but the variants will depend on the bust.

lord odin
12-26-2005, 07:08 AM
I`m a former completist the last one I got was gold bucky and absorbing man.

madjazz
12-26-2005, 08:55 AM
I currently have a full set of Phase I and Phase II mini-busts and plan to continue that way.

sketch515
12-26-2005, 12:27 PM
trying to be one

Colossus
12-26-2005, 12:38 PM
I am just about a completest on the mini bust just missing 2 and they are the fairly expensive ones. Wouldn't mind being a completest full sizer but that is going to have to wait a while.

lord odin
12-26-2005, 12:39 PM
I am just about a completest on the mini bust just missing 2 and they are the fairly expensive ones. Wouldn't mind being a completest full sizer but that is going to have to wait a while.
Which 2 are you missing?

rychehitman
12-26-2005, 12:41 PM
no one ever says "spiderman, and Green Goblin"...do they?

sellin71
12-26-2005, 12:47 PM
I was a completist, then I sold some busts, then I changed my mind and started rebuilding my collection and then finally, Gold Bucky, and I said hell no. So I guess you would call me an ex-completist. My wifes favorite bust is Gold Bucky, it saved us untold dollars :laugh:

lord odin
12-26-2005, 12:48 PM
no one ever says "spiderman, and Green Goblin"...do they?
:laugh:Compared to the hobgoblin mb the green goblin mb looks like doop.

Superhero
12-26-2005, 01:12 PM

I am don't consider myself an "Anal Completist" but I do have a 100% complete collection including the alter-ego minibusts.

risingstar
12-26-2005, 01:57 PM
Is it just me or does it seem like the Gold Bucky was the last straw for many completists?

More than a few times, I have read, "After the GB, I stopped caring..." or "After the GB, I realized it would be pointless to continue trying to get everything..." or whatever other variantion of this theme could be made...

Hmmm... I wonder how history will look back at the GB?

bomen
12-26-2005, 02:00 PM
please add me to MB completists, as defined as having all RB Marvel MBs, including all variants, not including bronzes. :buttrock:

MKS
12-26-2005, 03:22 PM
You can add me to the MB completist list also.

cdavis
12-26-2005, 03:23 PM
Me too

ickwinzs
12-26-2005, 03:41 PM
me too

mfrancoiii
12-26-2005, 03:43 PM
i am trying to also be a Marvel MB completist, but I am missing most of the really expensive PhaseI mb including chrome ss mb.

Sniper
12-26-2005, 03:51 PM
I still have my collection in tact except for the gold bucky, if I dont get it by feb then all the ones I dont need will be up on ebay and my collection will be downsized.
Funny thing is that as a little kid you are taught that you ahve to get every issue foa comic you collect or the whole set of baseball cards you are collecting, I see how the trap can get you time and time again.
I like my collection but with this different base gimmick of 100 random pieces , I think it would be stupid just to buy something for the sake of having a complete run.

lord odin
12-26-2005, 04:44 PM
Is it just me or does it seem like the Gold Bucky was the last straw for many completists?
More than a few times, I have read, "After the GB, I stopped caring..." or "After the GB, I realized it would be pointless to continue trying to get everything..." or whatever other variantion of this theme could be made...

Hmmm... I wonder how history will look back at the GB?
It was alpha flight and bishop that did me in add to the fact that i`m selling alot of stuff.

Foord
12-26-2005, 06:30 PM
I'm 2 busts short of a complete BD Marvel mini bust collection. After a trip to Flipshire in April/May with PV, IM 2020 and Kabuki AP, I may have enough to complete. Chrome Surfer and Hulk are going to cost some bucks though.

Just_joseph
12-27-2005, 11:15 AM
I am not a completist but I do want to be one. I've been eyeing the Bronze Statues of Hulk, Captain America and Spiderman ........... plus all the busts to those pieces.
The only way I would pick one up is through a direct contact and "me" personally looking at the piece. Don't want to get a defected piece. I also lack a gold bucky like sniper. Anyone who has an extra one ...... just drop me a perosnal private message.
As for Full Size Statues ....... I only have about 10 of them. I only buy the characters I like.

Dj-B13
12-27-2005, 11:28 AM
I am a completist for the Mini Bust...long live being one! :buttrock:

claws181
12-27-2005, 12:23 PM
He put me on the top of the list :buttrock: WOOHOO!!!

Just_joseph
12-27-2005, 12:33 PM
Very nice display ....... CLAWS.

MKS
12-27-2005, 01:03 PM
He put me on the top of the list :buttrock: WOOHOO!!!

Hey Claws181 - you might want to consider Captain Marvel(s) and Thanos with the Galactus/Surfer/Watcher busts for a space theme. I just organized mine that way last week. Your Inhumans section looks great!

the fog
12-27-2005, 06:25 PM
Just missing CSS and Gold Bucky, everything else I've got, almost all of the FS's, my days of being a completist have passed, to many repaints and the exclusives are more of a chore to apprehend than fun to collect.
Forgot Phasing Vision also, but I liked the regular version better anyhow.

jimi311
12-27-2005, 06:47 PM
I was close to being one. I was only missing Hulk, Storm, Iron Man Modern, man-thing, Thor and the CSS. Then GB hit. That ended my completist days. And I love it even more now. I find I get more excited about stuff I want like the MK and the Lizard MB

ronwlim
12-27-2005, 06:57 PM
Almost a completist; need three more MB's. I'm missing chrome Surfer and the bronze Bruce Banner and Steve Rogers. not counting on ever getting the latter two.
-Ron

Bartman256
12-27-2005, 08:00 PM
Marvel mini bust completist.

I don't count the Bronze minis because you had to buy the statue to get one. I couldn't afford them then...I'd love to have a Spidey Bronze.

I have many FS statues...

I passed on Storm, Phasing Vision, Modern Iron Man, Gold Iron Man, Black Costume Sub-Mariner, Modern Black Panther, Dark Phoenix, Clear Invisible Woman, Green Hulk, Brown Wolverine, Modern Cyclops, Golden Age Captain America, Change-o-head Thor, Daredevil Yellow, Regular Ghost Rider.

I'll probably pass on the Romita Spider-Man if it has the mini water tower base.

boondocksaint
12-27-2005, 08:42 PM
im a marvel mb completist...i dont count the ones i dont like,or the bronzes.... :laugh: :eplus2:

OneOne78
12-27-2005, 10:27 PM
Old time MB completist here.

Mark
12-28-2005, 02:07 AM
I have a complete collection of the marvel mini busts

chasethedragon
12-28-2005, 04:59 AM
Okay, the first post is updated as of information contained in this thread through Post #59.

If anyone wants to change how they are listed, let me know.