PDA

View Full Version : New Ninja Gaiden PVC statue.

Skuff DRW
12-26-2005, 08:27 AM
Finally Rachel from Ninja Gaiden is getting a statue to go with the rest of the Ninja Gaiden cast! It looks sweet! It is due in April/May. Only $40. Sweet! Now I just need a Doku statue to finish the set. Pictures are of Rachel, then Ryu, Ayane, and Kureha. Vote on my poll.

SARPEDON
12-26-2005, 08:51 AM
I Absolutely Love The Details Of These Statues And Not To Mention They Are Made Of Pvc Plastic To Boot. I Wonder Why More Pieces Aren't Made Like This. Also Another Question. Weren't They Supposed To Make A Couple Of Tekken Statues In Pvc A While Ago? I Have Never Seen It But I Remember Seeing It Solicited In A Previews Some Time Ago.

Gannon
12-26-2005, 09:48 AM
The detail on them are great! Out of curiousity, IS there less love for a PVC statue compared to a resin one?

UnicornPegasus
12-26-2005, 05:48 PM
Ayane is out of this world, and I really want the Rachel one now.

Primal
12-26-2005, 06:07 PM
These statues were talked about b4. I know a few people (including myself) had a problem with Ryu leaning forward because of the vinyl. Anyone else have this problem? I just resolved it by putting a couple pennies under the toes on each foot. Just for the meantime.

Skuff DRW
12-26-2005, 06:33 PM
These statues were talked about b4. I know a few people (including myself) had a problem with Ryu leaning forward because of the vinyl. Anyone else have this problem? I just resolved it by putting a couple pennies under the toes on each foot. Just for the meantime.

I have no problem with my Ryu.

Tetragrammaton
12-26-2005, 06:47 PM
Nice. May have to find the ladies to add to my collection.

My Ryu is a master of the drunken boxing too. Won't stand straight despite my best efforts.

hellspawn77
12-26-2005, 09:27 PM
Its very simple:

PVC is for making large runs (100,000 units etc). It is more expensive to set up because it requires injection molding which requires metal molds so the tooling csts are very high. The material itself is cheaper then resin especially if recycled PVC is used (the smelly one is recycled - McFarlane etc). PVC can tend to bend or warp over time under its own weight...

Resin is more expensive material wise compared to PVC (even though in Asia they use polyester resin and ceramic/marble powders to fill it plus they cast hollow parts) adn are done in much lower quantity. Resin won't warp under normal conditions (unless a lot of heat is present) but it can shatter if dropped.

Claudio

Sgt Taz
12-26-2005, 09:59 PM
These statues were talked about b4. I know a few people (including myself) had a problem with Ryu leaning forward because of the vinyl. Anyone else have this problem? I just resolved it by putting a couple pennies under the toes on each foot. Just for the meantime.Now I know why my kotobukiya Morpheus statue refuses to stand up straight :(

Countrikula
12-26-2005, 10:47 PM
Wow, those are really nice.
I'm always impressed by the craftsmanship of
Japanese figures. Beautiful!

Gannon
12-26-2005, 10:58 PM
Its very simple:

PVC is for making large runs (100,000 units etc). It is more expensive to set up because it requires injection molding which requires metal molds so the tooling csts are very high. The material itself is cheaper then resin especially if recycled PVC is used (the smelly one is recycled - McFarlane etc). PVC can tend to bend or warp over time under its own weight...

Resin is more expensive material wise compared to PVC (even though in Asia they use polyester resin and ceramic/marble powders to fill it plus they cast hollow parts) adn are done in much lower quantity. Resin won't warp under normal conditions (unless a lot of heat is present) but it can shatter if dropped.

Claudio

Thanks for that Claudio!