PDA

View Full Version : White Moon Knight question

Walrus
12-26-2005, 05:07 PM
Randy,

I was hoping you could answer a couple of questions regarding the white MK variant. Will it be a club exclusive? Will it be up for order soon? How many were you thinking of making? Thanks for any feedback.

ant-man
12-26-2005, 05:18 PM
Yes Randy...let us know ...whats the deal with this one happening or not...i really need to know...i placed an order for the silver version...only to see in Previews there will be a white (which i really want) ...so give us the heads up on whats going on?

High Lord Apocalypse
12-26-2005, 05:41 PM
Yes Randy...let us know ...whats the deal with this one happening or not...i really need to know...i placed an order for the silver version...only to see in Previews there will be a white (which i really want) ...so give us the heads up on whats going on?
what previews are you talking about??? i didn't see it, could you post the link ?
it would be nice to know if the white variant is gonna be an exclusive or not and how many copies it would be limited to as well!!!!

Sniper
12-26-2005, 05:47 PM
may get the silver and white one and wait till I have both to decide which one I am going to keep

Tony Coca
12-26-2005, 05:49 PM
may get the silver and white one and wait till I have both to decide which one I am going to keep
Come on now use the right terminology.

FLIP is the word you were looking for.

Capt. America
12-26-2005, 06:34 PM
I'm in for both if they are done

Juggernaut
12-26-2005, 06:36 PM
I would like the white one. It is the original Moon Knight outfit.

Is the white version confirmed?

ant-man
12-26-2005, 06:41 PM
what previews are you talking about??? i didn't see it, could you post the link ?
it would be nice to know if the white variant is gonna be an exclusive or not and how many copies it would be limited to as well!!!!

it was in the Diamond previews this month with the add for the silver version (no photo) just saying there will be qa white...

Grumpy
12-26-2005, 08:57 PM
We really do need more advanced information and both varients need to be introduced at the same time in my opinion, I may have the money to buy both but would really like being given the opportunity to make a choice.

Stef Jelos
12-26-2005, 08:59 PM
waiting for white...somebody from BD should be able to answer this.

Tattoo-X
12-26-2005, 09:03 PM
There's a pic in one of the other Moonknight threads of the previews ad.
Last word is that Heather did not have an answer about the White version.
No one at BD has replied to my email, and appearantly not any one elses either.

overkill
12-26-2005, 10:55 PM
Is there a reason for the secrecy involved in variants? WHy not just solicit it at the same time?

Jesse321
12-26-2005, 11:10 PM
Is there a reason for the secrecy involved in variants? WHy not just solicit it at the same time?The creation of hype is the only thing that I can think of.

workingdog
12-27-2005, 12:36 AM
Here is the Previews ad ...

Walrus
12-27-2005, 12:46 AM
JMO but there needs to be more than 300 of this particular variant. Seems like a lot of interest from the Statueforum members.

randy bowen
12-27-2005, 12:57 AM
Randy,

I was hoping you could answer a couple of questions regarding the white MK variant. Will it be a club exclusive? Will it be up for order soon? How many were you thinking of making? Thanks for any feedback.

My memory is fuzzy on this. I'll need to check in at the office for the details. Stay tuned...

Walrus
12-27-2005, 01:04 AM
My memory is fuzzy on this. I'll need to check in at the office for the details. Stay tuned...

Thanks Randy. BTW, the Thanos statue is outstanding. Keep em' coming.

High Lord Apocalypse
12-27-2005, 01:58 AM
yeah randy, you gimme statues and i givvu all my $$$$. i'm glad i have this hooby. best stress reliever i could ask for!!! wish i could do what you do my man!!!

High Lord Apocalypse
12-27-2005, 02:14 AM
thanks for posting the pic wdog. i'll wait for the white on this one, really would prefer that!!!!

Tattoo-X
12-27-2005, 04:27 AM
:laugh: :laugh: Heather said she had to check with you. :laugh: :laugh:

nexus
12-27-2005, 05:24 AM
Only interested in the white version. But hopefully will see pix soon. Of course if there's a phasing version, limited to 300 pieces, it'll go for $600 on ebay.

speedracer
12-27-2005, 07:46 AM
Randy please make more so we can have a chance..the MK is such a nice sculpt im sure it'll sell very well on it's own merits anyway..=)

madjazz
12-27-2005, 10:01 AM
I agree. I'm ordering one version, but I can't make the decision until I see the pictures of the White version.

overkill
12-27-2005, 11:19 AM
Can I buy the exclusive phasing Moon Knight?

Juggernaut
12-27-2005, 11:25 AM

Moon knight is not Phasing.

There is a Phasing Vision though. Released very limited 300

Juggernaut
12-27-2005, 11:27 AM
Can enyone do a photo shop of the Silver Moonknight and do it white?

Until the real Pics of White Moonknight comes?

MWOF
12-27-2005, 11:28 AM

:buttrock: :banghead:

Spider67
12-27-2005, 11:53 AM
I think this statue is awesome. Wish I collected FS's. I would go with the silver if I were to get one.

Tao
12-27-2005, 12:12 PM
I love the sculpt, but will wait until I see the white version before ordering one. This is just not a character that I need two of for my collection.

bat_collector
12-27-2005, 01:31 PM
I need to see both version myself, along with some clarification of how big the run will be.

badhulk
12-27-2005, 03:30 PM
:buttrock: I'm in for both if they are done

Jameshowlett
12-27-2005, 03:38 PM
This is the frustrating thing about the release dates of BD's fs. WE need to see the white version now.As a collector nothing bugs me more than BD releasing a regular version after announcing there will be a white version but no picture of it. I would like to see the white so I can make a choice. I'll just have to wait until I see the white versuiopn, altough the silver looks so good it's hard to imagine the white one looking better.

rychehitman
12-27-2005, 03:47 PM
i agree...it is bad marketing to show a $200 piece and then say.."also available in white" without showing a pic of BOTH pieces! Sometime sI wonder how things like that slip through the cracks....?

Capt. America
12-27-2005, 04:59 PM
i agree...it is bad marketing to show a $200 piece and then say.."also available in white" without showing a pic of BOTH pieces! Sometime sI wonder how things like that slip through the cracks....?
I agree unless it was going to be an exclusive??????

Jesse321
12-27-2005, 05:15 PM
This is the frustrating thing about the release dates of BD's fs. WE need to see the white version now.As a collector nothing bugs me more than BD releasing a regular version after announcing there will be a white version but no picture of it. I would like to see the white so I can make a choice. I'll just have to wait until I see the white versuiopn, altough the silver looks so good it's hard to imagine the white one looking better.Agreed 100 %! I really like the silver version, but I would like to see the white before placing my order for either. I'm leaning towards the white. since (right or wrong) that's the way he was depicted in the books.

Tony Coca
12-27-2005, 05:17 PM
Agreed 100 %! I really like the silver version, but I would like to see the white before placing my order for either. I'm leaning towards the white. since (right or wrong) that's the way he was depicted in the books.
How about you picture everything that is silver is white and thats what the statue will look like.

Jesse321
12-27-2005, 05:19 PM
How about you picture everything that is silver is white and thats what the statue will look like.I'm amazied you actually had enough imagination to actually come up with that suggestion. :eplus2:

Tony Coca
12-27-2005, 05:22 PM
I'm amazied you actually had enough imagination to actually come up with that suggestion. :eplus2:
imagine that.Yeah its stupid I want to see a pic of the Moonknight in white.You know its the same statue as the silver only the parts painted silver will be white.Its not like deciding on Namor Black Costume or green tights.Thats to diffrent outfits,not a color change.Now if Randy said the White colored Moonknight was a diffrent sculpt then the tears should flow about pictures.

Jesse321
12-27-2005, 05:25 PM
This is true, but I'd still like to see an actual protoype before making a final desicion on which one to buy .. at least with Namor you got to see both at the same time.

Also if the white is going to be limited to 300 like the Phasing Vision, I don't think that I want to go through that crap again, I'll just order the silver and be done with it.

the fog
12-27-2005, 06:42 PM
Oh my God, Jesse 321, you hit the nail on the head, I am in total agreement, the phasing Vision thing got a little annoying and now two MK's.
Only ordered 1 Namor, green suit
Only ordered 1 Vision, regular
Only ordered 1 Moonknight, which will it be, the ad says or looks like the silver one, where's the white one?
No more vaiants or at least OFFER them at the same time!
How many different Hawkeye's will there be.

Jesse321
12-27-2005, 06:51 PM
I just got off the phone with Virginia ... she says they have no information on the "White Moon Knight" and it's possible that it was a mistake, they can't confirm at this point that there will even be a "white version"

But she did tell me, if I wanted to order the silver one now that I could exchange it later for the white when (or if) it was offered.

Jesse321
12-27-2005, 07:08 PM
Randy ... is there finally going to be a "white version"? :confused:

bomen
12-27-2005, 07:14 PM
I just got off the phone with Virginia ... she says they have no information on the "White Moon Knight" and it's possible that it was a mistake, they can't confirm at this point that there will even be a "white version"

But she did tell me, if I wanted to order the silver one now that I could exchange it later for the white when (or if) it was offered.

same message I got...so i ordered silver as placeholder..will just have to white and see :laugh: :rolleyes2

daveyyojimbo
12-27-2005, 07:21 PM
i hope the white version isn't another 300 piece debacle...

Tetragrammaton
12-27-2005, 07:26 PM
Moon Knight always looked black with white/ baby blue highlights to me. Is there going to be a mostly black - white/ baby blue highlighted version?

http://tinypic.com/j8o7qh.jpg

Jesse321
12-27-2005, 07:26 PM
same message I got...so i ordered silver as placeholder..will just have to white and see :laugh: :rolleyes2I'm thinking about doing the same thing, but if it turns out to be another 300 piece limited run there's no gurantee that you can use the silver to reserve a white. :banghead:

i hope the white version isn't another 300 piece debacle...You and me both ... if it is another one of those situations I'm just going to stick with the silver and the heck with it.

Jesse321
12-27-2005, 07:28 PM
Moon Knight always looked black with white/ baby blue highlights to me. Is there going to be a mostly black - white/ baby blue highlighted version?

http://tinypic.com/j8o7qh.jpgI'm starting to think that it's just better to leave it at silver :banghead: :laugh:

daveyyojimbo
12-27-2005, 07:33 PM
I'm starting to think that it's just better to leave it at silver :banghead: :laugh: yeah, no kidding :banghead:

bomen
12-27-2005, 07:35 PM

http://tinypic.com/j8o7qh.jpg

I think this is the same as the white/blue we're talking 'bout..

wizard-comics
12-27-2005, 07:52 PM
I don't remember Randy actually saying that there would be a variant...

I thought that was just forum members talking back and forth

Jesse321
12-27-2005, 08:48 PM
I don't remember Randy actually saying that there would be a variant ... I thought that was just forum members talking back and forthIf you look at this months Previews, it says right on the order page "white version also available".

High Lord Apocalypse
12-27-2005, 11:01 PM
it said that on the previews but if randy confirms it with the number of copies that are gonna be released, it'd make things a whole lot easier!!!

Tattoo-X
12-27-2005, 11:20 PM

Can we say FUBAR?
Wonder who will get the blame for this one. :inquisiti

Tattoo-X
12-27-2005, 11:22 PM
it said that on the previews but if randy confirms it with the number of copies that are gonna be released, it'd make things a whole lot easier!!!
It doesn't matter what Previews and Randy has said, or what they might say, to what the outcome will actually be.

Walrus
12-27-2005, 11:31 PM
I don't remember Randy actually saying that there would be a variant...

I thought that was just forum members talking back and forth

Quote from Randy 11/02/05 on this forum

We're going to paint the white version as well.

Tattoo-X
12-27-2005, 11:43 PM
Quote from Randy 11/02/05 on this forum

We're going to paint the white version as well.
Yeah, but now Diamond is the only one that thinks they know anything about it.
Order of info received from Bowen Designs.........

Heather says:
She said she didn't know anything about it and that she would have to have Randy clarify if there are actually going to be two pieces when he gets back from Hawaii

Randy now says:

Virginia says:
They have no information on the "White Moon Knight"

boondocksaint
12-27-2005, 11:45 PM
its the twilight zone!!!

Tattoo-X
12-27-2005, 11:49 PM
I've just about had it with the chaos that Bowen seems to continually create. :banghead:
I'm seriously thinking about quiting the bust/statue hobby.
Running out of room and money, and now it's become a headache.
Now? Figured Phase 2 was going to be the end, but now P3 is continuing on. :mad:

boondocksaint
12-27-2005, 11:52 PM
I've just about had it with the chaos that Bowen seems to continually create. :banghead:
I'm seriously thinking about quiting the bust/statue hobby.
Running out of room and money, and now it's become a headache.
Now? Figured Phase 2 was going to be the end, but now P3 is continuing on. :mad:

i hear ya tat....so many problems...there were less when they were small time....
anyway bro dont quit just get the stuff you relaly like..sell all the stuff youre not crazy about :buttrock:

Tattoo-X
12-27-2005, 11:56 PM
i hear ya tat....so many problems...there were less when they were small time....
anyway bro dont quit just get the stuff you relaly like..sell all the stuff youre not crazy about :buttrock:
It's the ones I really like that mess with me more often than any other chaos that goes on: Chrome Ghost Rider FS, MoonKnight FS, Doop MB, Sasquatch MB, Gold Bucky MB....
Heck, now it seems to be the norm to advertise a piece that may not be made, or made with changes: MoonKnight FS, Sasquatch MB, Super Skrull MB.....

High Lord Apocalypse
12-28-2005, 02:53 AM
It's the ones I really like that mess with me more often than any other chaos that goes on: Chrome Ghost Rider FS, MoonKnight FS, Doop MB, Sasquatch MB, Gold Bucky MB....
Heck, now it seems to be the norm to advertise a piece that may not be made, or made with changes: MoonKnight FS, Sasquatch MB, Super Skrull MB.....
hey i know its frustrating, but its adds to the excitement and fun to the whole process of collecting what you love. you gotta take the good when stuff you wanna see is created and dissappointments as well along the way!!!
i don't think you should just stop collecting for good!!!!

High Lord Apocalypse
12-28-2005, 02:57 AM
c'mon randy hook us up with an answer on the moon knight, in this moment of crisis when a sf member is starting to lose his faith!!!!! it feels like a kid not believing in santa!!!! :) :=

fhurtado3627
12-28-2005, 07:16 AM
Oh boy, we are still reeling from PV and now this!

Just_joseph
12-28-2005, 10:20 AM
c'mon randy hook us up with an answer on the moon knight, in this moment of crisis when a sf member is starting to lose his faith!!!!! it feels like a kid not believing in santa!!!! :) :=

You can throw the Santa Belief out the window. Kids are too smart.

jimi311
12-28-2005, 12:15 PM
I think that the past few problems have demonstrated that Bowen needs an updated business model. At the very least an updated online ordering system. You have people ordering things and not getting them because faxes were out of order, people stating that one thing will come out and then no one knows about it?

To tell the truth, until a piece is done, approved by marvel and getting ready be put in production I don't think that Bowen should "officially" announce anything. We could still get news on approved figures but off the cuff guesses and hopeful promises that don't come true seem to enrage people on this forum more than just about anything else.

I don't know. Just an idea.

MWOF
12-28-2005, 12:16 PM
Well, now maybe some of you can grasp the feelings of frustration I have been experiencing as a long time Moon Knight fan in regards to the costume. It's not a fun place to be. I think what we have to realize here is that as a whole we should handle these things with care. If we don't there may not be much Bowen stuff in the future. I agree that there are some valid points being made, just don't allow it to get out of control. That's all I am saying. I hope everyone that would love to enjoy this beautiful piece of work has the opportunity.

Kevin

jimi311
12-28-2005, 12:39 PM
I know you gotta be pumped for the new MK series MWOF. Is it a mini or on going? I think its a mini. But I am excited for it!!!

Deadpool
12-28-2005, 12:43 PM
I had also called heather and they have no idea about te white version.... I suggest we just all check the bd site, for when another pv fiasco happens, maybe even limited to less #'s, but I am waiting for the white version. If there is no white version and miss the silver........ :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :puke2:

MWOF
12-28-2005, 01:36 PM
I know you gotta be pumped for the new MK series MWOF. Is it a mini or on going? I think its a mini. But I am excited for it!!!

Yes, I am totally pumped. It has been changed from a six issue mini series to an ongoing series, much to my delight. It's about time Marvel salvage this totally cool character from the comic graveyard. I feel he is in very good hands.

Kevin

Jesse321
12-28-2005, 01:43 PM
Yes, I am totally pumped. It has been changed from a six issue mini series to an ongoing series, much to my delight. It's about time Marvel salvage this totally cool character from the comic graveyard. I feel he is in very good hands.

KevinKevin ... I thought it was going to be a 6 issue mini series THEN an on going series .. sort like what they are doing with Spider-Woman

Tony Coca
12-28-2005, 01:47 PM
See the best way to get over this situation is not to pre order.Wait till your LCS actually gets the item to buy it.This way if lets Randy mentions Silver MK,and 2 weeks later he Mentions a probable White MK,you can wait with out worries of being charged for the one you dont want.Maybe by not Pre Ordering Bowen will stop with the slick tactics he has and we can get what we want.

bomen
12-28-2005, 02:09 PM
See the best way to get over this situation is not to pre order.Wait till your LCS actually gets the item to buy it.This way if lets Randy mentions Silver MK,and 2 weeks later he Mentions a probable White MK,you can wait with out worries of being charged for the one you dont want.Maybe by not Pre Ordering Bowen will stop with the slick tactics he has and we can get what we want.

dang, somebody opened up their own can'a Whup@$$ early today... :p

Tony Coca
12-28-2005, 02:11 PM
dang, somebody opened up their own can'a Whup@$$ early today... :p
And thats the bottom line cause Tony Coca Said so. :laugh:

JavOner
12-28-2005, 02:15 PM
I agree with tony on one thing. Dont pre order if your not sure the MK up for pre order is the one you want. Wait for it to hit stores or for the (white MK) to be put up for pre-order.

Tony Coca
12-28-2005, 02:17 PM
I agree with tony on one thing. Dont pre order if your not sure the MK up for pre order is the one you want. Wait for it to hit stores or for the (white MK) to be put up for pre-order.
You shouldnt pre order period.Especially now since alot of the stuff has been hit or miss.

JavOner
12-28-2005, 02:22 PM
You shouldnt pre order period.Especially now since alot of the stuff has been hit or miss.

I pre order only from bowen designs. Why cause if there is a problem i deal with them directly. Not a comic store that will end up dealing with bowen desings anyways. Also i pre order to make sure i dont get screw out of a MB or FS i want.

randy bowen
12-28-2005, 02:25 PM

Slick tactics? More like: disorganization

Tony Coca
12-28-2005, 02:27 PM
you say tomatoe I say tomato :laugh:

JavOner
12-28-2005, 02:28 PM

DISORGANIZATION whats going on with that randy. NEED a hand i'm on vacation this week :laugh: .

Tony Coca
12-28-2005, 02:31 PM
DISORGANIZATION whats going on with that randy. NEED a hand i'm on vacation this week :laugh: .
Yeah He's going to have to hit the paint factory and Lay the Pimp hand. :laugh:

JavOner
12-28-2005, 02:33 PM
Yeah He's going to have to hit the paint factory and Lay the Pimp hand. :laugh:

I'll have people working on their own time for messing stuff up while randy was on vacation.

Jesse321
12-28-2005, 02:54 PM
Slick tactics? More like: disorganizationRandy .. so is there finally going to be a white version? :banghead:

randy bowen
12-28-2005, 02:54 PM
We do the best we can. Many times we're at the mercy of other peoples schedules (vacation time, sick days, factory delays, damaged prototypes etc.etc.).

With regard to the Moonknight situation: We did not have enough castings to have 2 versions of the prototypes painted all at once. There will be two versions, though I prefer the silver/pewter look.

They're Statues!
12-28-2005, 02:58 PM
Good News, I hope to get a White Moon Knight.

Tony Coca
12-28-2005, 03:01 PM
We do the best we can. Many times we're at the mercy of other peoples schedules (vacation time, sick days, factory delays, damaged prototypes etc.etc.).

With regard to the Moonknight situation: We did not have enough castings to have 2 versions of the prototypes painted all at once. There will be two versions, though I prefer the silver/pewter look.
so does that mean that

half will be white and the other half will be Silver.

Will there be more Silver then White.

More White then Silver.

Or Random amouts of white will be put into the silver run.

Lay-Z-boy
12-28-2005, 03:03 PM
so does that mean that

More White then Silver.

Could you please confuse this a little more please?

Jesse321
12-28-2005, 03:03 PM
Good News, I hope to get a White Moon Knight.Same here

Lay-Z-boy
12-28-2005, 03:04 PM
Same here

Ditto!

Tony Coca
12-28-2005, 03:05 PM
Could you please confuse this a little more please?
ok Ill make it easier.

Will there be a even split of White and Silver

Or will we be going thru another Cube vs Rock fiasco.(sasquatch MB)

Jesse321
12-28-2005, 03:05 PM
so does that mean that

More White then Silver.

Or Random amouts of white will be put into the silver run.I highly doubt that this is going to be another Sasquatch base type situation. :rolleyes2 :laugh:

High Lord Apocalypse
12-28-2005, 03:06 PM
double ditto!!!

randy bowen
12-28-2005, 03:31 PM
so does that mean that

More White then Silver.

More silver than white. It'll probably be a limited run on the white.

Jesse321
12-28-2005, 03:38 PM
Oh God not another 300 piece run? :banghead: :laugh:

Are we at least going to see pictures of it?

jimi311
12-28-2005, 03:41 PM
No picture for you! You must order blind and be pleased with what you get or Randy will send you to the water shed :laugh: :eplus2:

fossa
12-28-2005, 03:41 PM
Are we at least going to see pictures of it?NO PICTURES FOR YOU :eplus2:

Jesse321
12-28-2005, 03:44 PM
You both got coal in your stockings this year didn't you?

Walrus
12-28-2005, 03:45 PM
Oh God not another 300 piece run? :banghead: :laugh:

Are we at least going to see pictures of it?

Theere needs to be more than 300 of these, I think.

jimi311
12-28-2005, 03:51 PM
You both got coal in your stockings this year didn't you?

Nope cash and a Cyclops Bust

ZING!!!!!!! :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :eplus2:

CaptCracker
12-28-2005, 03:52 PM
300 sounds good, maybe a different color base too would be nice

msw313
12-28-2005, 04:07 PM
...There will be two versions, though I prefer the silver/pewter look.
What everyone seems to be overlooking in this silver vs. white debate is that, according to his creator, MK's costume IS, and was always supposed to be silver! He needed to be covered in/protected by silver when battling werewolves and other supernatural creatures. The reason it didn't always look that way was the limited palette available to colorists in those pre-computer days. White with pale blue highlights was their only way to depict/suggest silver at that time.

In fact, not only was MK always meant to be silver...
Silver Surfer was always meant to be shiny silver. White with light blue highlights was their only way to suggest this
Black Panther's costume was always meant to be totally black. The early appearances showed him with gray highlights to define detail; later appearances used blue highlights. Soon people started thinking his outfit was actually blue.
The furry Beast was originally meant to be black, NOT blue. As with the Panther, he was originally colored with gray highlights to show detail; later appearances used blue highlights. Soon people started thinking his fur actually was blue. In this case, Marvel just adopted that misperception and ran with it.
Storm's costume was always meant to be shiny black. It was colored with white highlights to suggest gloss, NOT because there was actually any white in it.

Tetragrammaton
12-28-2005, 06:03 PM
You forgot Iron Man being gold and red rather than yellow and red.

Also I think Ultron was never Adamantium but actually made of chrome.

msw313
12-28-2005, 06:40 PM
You forgot Iron Man being gold and red rather than yellow and red.

Also I think Ultron was never Adamantium but actually made of chrome.
You're right about those also, and I did overlook them in my haste.

Iron Man has always been referred to as "the golden Avenger", NOT "the yellow Avenger".
And, it was always indicated in the original stories that the adamantium of Ultron's body was a very shiny chrome-like metal.

Here's the basic guide to old-style comic book coloring:

White with pale blue or gray highlights = Silver
White with pale blue or gray highlights on a "metal" surface = Chrome
Black with gray highlights = Pure Black
Black with blue highlights = Shiny Pure Black
Black with white highlights = Black Leather
Yellow on a "metal" surface = Gold

The old colorists were working with a total of 32 colors, NOT the virtually unlimited scale of shades, tones, and hues today's computer colorists have to work with.

Tetragrammaton
12-28-2005, 06:42 PM
Wow I was kind of kidding about Ultron. You take this stuff pretty serious Msw313.

msw313
12-28-2005, 06:48 PM
Wow I was kind of kidding about Ultron. You take this stuff pretty serious Msw313.
Didn't have much else to do when I was a kid except read and re-read and re-re-read my comics. All that stuff just kinda got permanently lodged in my brain. Just can't dislodge it! :banghead:

Jameshowlett
12-28-2005, 06:57 PM
How about you picture everything that is silver is white and thats what the statue will look like.
:laugh: That's actually pretty good idea.

MWOF
12-28-2005, 07:09 PM
I'm getting 2 of the silver one. Like you didn't already know that? :rolleyes2 :laugh:

Jameshowlett
12-28-2005, 07:11 PM
You're right about those also, and I did overlook them in my haste.

Iron Man has always been referred to as "the golden Avenger", NOT "the yellow Avenger".
And, it was always indicated in the original stories that the adamantium of Ultron's body was a very shiny chrome-like metal.

Here's the basic guide to old-style comic book coloring:

White with pale blue or gray highlights = Silver
White with pale blue or gray highlights on a "metal" surface = Chrome
Black with gray highlights = Pure Black
Black with blue highlights = Shiny Pure Black
Black with white highlights = Black Leather
Yellow on a "metal" surface = Gold

The old colorists were working with a total of 32 colors, NOT the virtually unlimited scale of shades, tones, and hues today's computer colorists have to work with.

Wow Msw- thanks alot for the info, really cool history there. Glad I learned that.

MWOF
12-28-2005, 07:12 PM
Kevin ... I thought it was going to be a 6 issue mini series THEN an on going series .. sort like what they are doing with Spider-Woman

No Jesse, there is no longer a mini series, that story that was slated to be the mini series will now be the first six issues of the ongoing. They have also pushed the first issue back to April, instead of March. The first issue of the mini series was originally intended to be released in March.

Kevin

MWOF
12-28-2005, 07:14 PM
What everyone seems to be overlooking in this silver vs. white debate is that, according to his creator, MK's costume IS, and was always supposed to be silver! He needed to be covered in/protected by silver when battling werewolves and other supernatural creatures. The reason it didn't always look that way was the limited palette available to colorists in those pre-computer days. White with pale blue highlights was their only way to depict/suggest silver at that time.

In fact, not only was MK always meant to be silver...
Silver Surfer was always meant to be shiny silver. White with light blue highlights was their only way to suggest this
Black Panther's costume was always meant to be totally black. The early appearances showed him with gray highlights to define detail; later appearances used blue highlights. Soon people started thinking his outfit was actually blue.
The furry Beast was originally meant to be black, NOT blue. As with the Panther, he was originally colored with gray highlights to show detail; later appearances used blue highlights. Soon people started thinking his fur actually was blue. In this case, Marvel just adopted that misperception and ran with it.
Storm's costume was always meant to be shiny black. It was colored with white highlights to suggest gloss, NOT because there was actually any white in it.

I have been playing this tune on these boards for the past year or so just to get this statue painted silver.

candyrocket786
12-28-2005, 07:47 PM

Will that limited run be in the form of a Lottery, BDCC Exclusive or an "Anything Goes" Exclusive? :laugh:

Tattoo-X
12-28-2005, 08:51 PM
BD is the only company using the "Chaos Tactic" and it has worked in the past, but it's getting real old now.
I hate tactics and gimmics. :mad:

Tattoo-X
12-28-2005, 08:56 PM

I like the Silver version too :), but gotta see the White before I commit. Don't want two, like I got to Ghost Riders. :banghead:

Tattoo-X
12-28-2005, 08:58 PM
They're ALL LIMITED, just tell us when and where to order.
If Diamond advertised a White being available, shouldn't there be enough produced for distributors to offer them to dealers? :inquisiti

Jesse321
12-28-2005, 09:04 PM
No Jesse, there is no longer a mini series, that story that was slated to be the mini series will now be the first six issues of the ongoing. They have also pushed the first issue back to April, instead of March. The first issue of the mini series was originally intended to be released in March.

KevinKick ass!

msw313
12-28-2005, 09:09 PM
BD is the only company using the "Chaos Tactic" and it has worked in the past, but it's getting real old now.
I hate tactics and gimmics. :mad:
Don't be so cynical and quick to assume BD is using chaos as a "tactic".

I can personally attest, from years of experience with the company that I work for, that quite often chaos is not so much a tactic as it is a way of life. There are some of us here (regretfully, in the minority) who have been striving valiantly for many years to bring a semblence of order at least to our little corner, but the overall corporate culture is immune to the forces of widespread change. This state-of-being exists these days within far too many companies, large and small.

Chaos has a life of its own. It has no devious or malicious motives. it just...IS.

:banghead: :rolleyes2

fossa
12-28-2005, 10:29 PM
You both got coal in your stockings this year didn't you?actually, my parents did get me a piece of (black plastic) coal with a little Hot Wheels car inside. ZING!

candyrocket786
12-29-2005, 10:31 PM
Moonknight up for preorder at Comic Statues.

...already placed mine. :buttrock:

rychehitman
12-29-2005, 10:57 PM
actually, my parents did get me a piece of (black plastic) coal with a little Hot Wheels car inside. ZING!

I saw those!

How twisted is THAT to play with a kids emotions!

Needless to say, I thought it was great! :eplus2:

the fog
12-30-2005, 12:43 AM
Sent my order in already, snail mail, whatever Moonknight lands here I'm happy with, along with the other two mini's that were offered.
I ordered the regular Vision also, so if there is a variant with a low run you guys can chase it, my days of that are over.
Silver Moonknight looks great, good enough for me, thanks RB, bring on the Avengers FS's.

Tattoo-X
12-30-2005, 01:33 AM
Don't be so cynical and quick to assume BD is using chaos as a "tactic".

I can personally attest, from years of experience with the company that I work for, that quite often chaos is not so much a tactic as it is a way of life. There are some of us here (regretfully, in the minority) who have been striving valiantly for many years to bring a semblence of order at least to our little corner, but the overall corporate culture is immune to the forces of widespread change. This state-of-being exists these days within far too many companies, large and small.

Chaos has a life of its own. It has no devious or malicious motives. it just...IS.

:banghead: :rolleyes2

Yes, I am cynical, and I do assume.
Whether it's a planned tactic or not, it's still chaos that has worked to BD benefit up until now.
I think it's a tactic, because it wasn't used during P1.
But perhaps you're correct, because most of the chaos revolves around the Forums and the Club (P2).....Red Friday, Doop, Gold Bucky, Cube Sasquatch Base.....
I never said anything about devious or malicious.
This "Chaos Tactic" creates hype.
Hype generates sales, but soon people get tired of tactics/gimmicks.
I think this is becoming the the case for P3.

msw313
12-30-2005, 01:22 PM
Whether it's a planned tactic or not, it's still chaos that has worked to BD benefit up until now.
But perhaps you're correct, because most of the chaos revolves around the Forums and the Club (P2)...
I don't totally disagree with some of your overview of events.

But you do have to consider the simple human factor. I hate to get all serious and cliche, but the truth is, it is indeed "hard to get good help these days." For the past 30+ years, there has been a serious general decline in work ethic, pride in workmanship, quality of workmanship, even caring about the job you do.

For every guy who really, truly loves his work and gives it his all, there are 10,000 people in the workplace who are simply on the job to watch the clock and collect their paychecks. The unfortunate reality is that one or two people in a company with drive and dedication are not going to be the dominant force, even if they are at the top of the company. Once upon a time, people cared about their work and what they could bring to the table to help their company excel in the marketplace. Now, it's all about "what can I get out of this company to help me make more money in my next job?" When a problem comes up, or something is not working, the most common response is "someone else can fix it", not "what can I do to help correct this?"

(Jeez! And I suggested YOU were cynical!)

Can BD do things better? Of course! Anybody can do better at whatever it is they do. They are experimenting with different approaches, and not everything works out as hoped.

One of Randy's biggest problems is accurately estimating the popularity of his creations. He tries best he can to predict demand but, since the process is by nature unscientific, resulting production numbers are often set too low on too many items, and allocations & feeding frenzies occur. Or some items that get a lot of advance buzz flop on arrival and you can't give them away. For every under-produced Phasing Vision or Gold Bucky, there are lots of over-produced regular edition Buckys and Inhumans. It's all a crap shoot.

Chaos reigns.

Tattoo-X
12-30-2005, 02:40 PM

But you do have to consider the simple human factor. I hate to get all serious and cliche, but the truth is, it is indeed "hard to get good help these days." For the past 30+ years, there has been a serious general decline in work ethic, pride in workmanship, quality of workmanship, even caring about the job you do.

For every guy who really, truly loves his work and gives it his all, there are 10,000 people in the workplace who are simply on the job to watch the clock and collect their paychecks. The unfortunate reality is that one or two people in a company with drive and dedication are not going to be the dominant force, even if they are at the top of the company. Once upon a time, people cared about their work and what they could bring to the table to help their company excel in the marketplace. Now, it's all about "what can I get out of this company to help me make more money in my next job?" When a problem comes up, or something is not working, the most common response is "someone else can fix it", not "what can I do to help correct this?"

Can BD do things better? Of course! Anybody can do better at whatever it is they do. They are experimenting with different approaches, and not everything works out as hoped.

One of Randy's biggest problems is accurately estimating the popularity of his creations. He tries best he can to predict demand but, since the process is by nature unscientific, resulting production numbers are often set too low on too many items, and allocations & feeding frenzies occur. Or some items that get a lot of advance buzz flop on arrival and you can't give them away. For every under-produced Phasing Vision or Gold Bucky, there are lots of over-produced regular edition Buckys and Inhumans. It's all a crap shoot.

Chaos reigns.

Some things are scientific.
There was a vote on the Forum to change the Sasquatch base.
Around 66% wanted it changed.
It was already in production, so Randy should have let 33% go as planned, then change the base.
NOT STOP AT A 100 OR SO. :banghead:

BD has been around long enough to know that when you state a low number, everyone is going to want it.

Also, he and every other company has been lurking and posting here long enough. Listening to what we want, what we're interested in.

Under produce a piece (Phasing Vision), change a base in mid-production (Sasquatch). Pay attention in some areas, and not others. :peoples:
I find that hard to believe.

Gold Bucky and Doop where hard ones to figure popularity on, but BD knows by now, release a low #, it's instantly hot.

Jesse321
12-30-2005, 03:01 PM
Some things are scientific.
There was a vote on the Forum to change the Sasquatch base.
Around 66% wanted it changed.
It was already in production, so Randy should have let 33% go as planned, then change the base.
NOT STOP AT A 100 OR SO. :banghead: I'm curious .. exactly how would you propose that those 33% that voted for the cube base would get them?

List two items on BD's website? By your own comments, being that it would be the rarer of the two, you know that it would sell faster just as the Phasing Vision did.

While it's aggravating form a completest's point of view, by doing this BD's gets a ton of free publicity (not that they need it) for thier products.

Tattoo-X
12-30-2005, 03:57 PM
I'm curious .. exactly how would you propose that those 33% that voted for the cube base would get them?

List two items on BD's website? By your own comments, being that it would be the rarer of the two, you know that it would sell faster just as the Phasing Vision did.

While it's aggravating form a completest's point of view, by doing this BD's gets a ton of free publicity (not that they need it) for thier products.

I don't know, but the ones that wanted the Cube Base would have a better chance. It would've been fair, instead of creating chaos of a damn base. :banghead:

Your second parragraph......huh? Sorry, don't understand fully what you're asking me.
Moonknight and Dr Strange. :)

Why would BD need free publicity by making a change, that for the most part, only people on this Forum knows about. :peoples:

Jesse321
12-30-2005, 04:00 PM
Paragraph 2 - I meant listing the cube or rock base separately so they can be ordered separately.

They don't need any publicity, but all the have to do is make a blurb on their regular preview advertisements about it and presto instant hype ..you also underestimate the power of word of mouth ... I'm sure that once this is mentioned in any comicbook store that the word will get around to the clientel, even those that don't frequent the boards.

jimi311
12-30-2005, 04:02 PM
But perhaps you're correct, because most of the chaos revolves around the Forums and the Club (P2).....Red Friday, Doop, Gold Bucky, Cube Sasquatch Base.....
I never said anything about devious or malicious.
This "Chaos Tactic" creates hype.
Hype generates sales, but soon people get tired of tactics/gimmicks.
I think this is becoming the the case for P3.

I actually just am not interested in alot of the supposed Phase 3 MB :bawling: .

I am down for a lot of the supposed FS :buttrock: :D

Tattoo-X
12-30-2005, 04:13 PM
I actually just am not interested in alot of the supposed Phase 3 MB :bawling: .

I am down for a lot of the supposed FS :buttrock: :D

I don't have the room and money for FS.
And since that's a fact, I've made a deal with my wife that I would only get 4 FS a year. Bought way too many Marvel and Star Wars FS this year.

The FS are not immune to the Chaos Theory.
Hope BD figures out what they're doing with MK soon.

jimi311
12-30-2005, 04:14 PM

Chaos reigns.

I think it is actually quite easy to estimate the amount to make of a character.

For someone like spider-man a 5000 run will sell out. But 5000 of a Hawkeye or an inhuman (other than Black Bolt) won't.

There really are two factors when buy a sculpt.
1 the character
2 the sculpt

If the character is a lesser know (has never had their own ongoing or is a has few guest apperances) then fewer should be made
Also, there are over 1000 club members. Making a run of anything around 1000 will sell out. No problem.

And if the sculpt sucks no one will buy

But Bowen can make about 2000 of any MB and 1000 of any FS and it will sell out.

Making below 1000 of anything is a ploy to make the item a collectable.
(who would want Doop if it was valued at $35? Only a few people(Me))

Anyway my point is companies do this to generate buzz and it works. It may push away some collectors but it brings in more than leave.

Thats my rant

Jameshowlett
12-30-2005, 04:17 PM
I don't know about all that-I just want to see the White! If I order through Danny and get the Silver-I would have to cancel to get the White(If I like it better),And since drod's getting tons of canceled orders he has to charge 15% restocking fee(don't blame him), so that options out.I'll wait the longest I can before I order the MK but it just would make things a whole lot easier if BD would post pics together at the same time of varients.Especialy for the masses that don't frequent boards like trhese.They would have no way of knowing that another version is coming out and would buy the silver then get frustrarted when the white come out.
It happened to me with Colossus and now I have 2 of the sme character.Which I don't really have room for.

Jesse321
12-30-2005, 04:20 PM
I think it is actually quite easy to estimate the amount to make of a character.

For someone like spider-man a 5000 run will sell out. But 5000 of a Hawkeye or an inhuman (other than Black Bolt) won't.

1 the character
2 the sculpt

If the character is a lesser know (has never had their own ongoing or is a has few guest apperances) then fewer should be made
Also, there are over 1000 club members. Making a run of anything around 1000 will sell out. No problem.

But Bowen can make about 2000 of any MB and 1000 of any FS and it will sell out.

Anyway my point is companies do this to generate buzz and it works. It may push away some collectors but it brings in more than leave.

Thats my rant
For once, I couldn't agree more!

Tattoo-X
12-30-2005, 04:31 PM

1 the character
2 the sculpt

Thats my rant

I agree with most of what you said 100%.

So we must be 2 out of the 3 people that actually wanted Doop. :laugh:

A couple of things I disagree with.
Randy said that there's approx. 700 club members.

Buzz works for awhile, but eventually, more collectors will drop out faster than they are being replaced.

It has happened time and time again with the comic industry.
Collectible cards, CCG, variant comics, etc.

People get sick and tired of falling for gimmicks, and buying what's hot one day to find that they can't give it away the next.