PDA

View Full Version : After Holiday Sales...

UnicornPegasus
12-26-2005, 05:44 PM
Ikea is having a 10%-50% off sale this week. God I want my Detolfs.

Barnes and Noble (which is where I got my DST Mystique Bust for a killer price) sells busts and is having an 80% off sale, that doesn't open to the general public for 3 more days.

Anybody spot any other nice deals going on?

Sniper
12-26-2005, 05:48 PM
wow may have to go to barnes and nobles and see what they have

Underdog07
12-26-2005, 07:35 PM
80% off sale? Wow - I will have to hit the one in the lobby where I work.

Sgt Taz
12-26-2005, 08:28 PM
Do they have an online shop?

Sgt Taz
12-26-2005, 10:05 PM
Thanks.

rychehitman
12-26-2005, 10:17 PM
uhm...and WHERE is the 80% off section?

legato
12-27-2005, 12:10 AM
I got a FS galactus for $85 and dawn on waves for $99 from my LCS with 50% off.

furie
12-27-2005, 12:15 AM
Will there MARVEL MASTER WORKS go on sale too?

Underdog07
12-27-2005, 12:50 AM
Masterworks at 80% off would be nuts! I'd probably buy all of them.

Ish
12-27-2005, 12:55 AM
Are the detolf part of the sale?

rychehitman
12-27-2005, 12:57 AM
I got a FS galactus for $85 and dawn on waves for $99 from my LCS with 50% off.

Did they have anything else 50% off at your lcs?

Underdog07
12-27-2005, 01:10 AM
Are the detolf part of the sale?

I went to Ikea's pre-Christmas sale and the DeTolf's were not marked down. They were $60 each.

Underdog07
12-27-2005, 01:11 AM

I PM'd him the same question and asked him for the name of the store. If he sends it my way I'll forward it to you.

Ish
12-27-2005, 01:11 AM
I went to Ikea's pre-Christmas sale and the DeTolf's were not marked down. They were $60 each.
how about now? are they part of the sale?

mwf6171
12-27-2005, 01:12 AM
I have never seen busts/statues at my Barnes and Nobles.................:banghead:

Underdog07
12-27-2005, 01:34 AM
how about now? are they part of the sale?

I don't believe so. The pre-christmas preview sale was suppossed to be the same sale.

Wayne Foundation
12-27-2005, 01:41 AM
I've picked up a few busts from B&N in the past, but don't see any real deals at this time. The busts/statues are still at their "normal" prices.

Last year I got 5 of the DST Spiderman busts for like 11.00 each!!!!

legato
12-27-2005, 01:54 AM

They have a dawn bust, 2 other dawn statues, bowen fs ghost rider, bowen magneto, bowen nightcrawler, 2 life size helmets/heads/busts ( I think the other one is iron man), marv and others.... Without the sale their statues are actually EXPENSIVE!!!

batman1180
12-27-2005, 04:13 AM
ill have to check out the b&n by my house

kirthew
12-27-2005, 02:15 PM
I don't believe so. The pre-christmas preview sale was suppossed to be the same sale.

When was the prechristmas sale? I went in there on the 23rd I think and bought one for 89.99 ... of course... that could just be my IKEA... I was pissed off last night when I saw them online for 59.99....

Ish
12-27-2005, 02:19 PM
damn it!! oh well i ges i'll pick it up at reg price.

Underdog07
12-27-2005, 03:27 PM
When was the prechristmas sale? I went in there on the 23rd I think and bought one for 89.99 ... of course... that could just be my IKEA... I was pissed off last night when I saw them online for 59.99....

I got them for $60 on the 22nd

Underdog07
12-27-2005, 03:27 PM
Went to Barnes and Noble. No busts. No big sale.

Underdog07
12-27-2005, 03:54 PM
They have a dawn bust, 2 other dawn statues, bowen fs ghost rider, bowen magneto, bowen nightcrawler, 2 life size helmets/heads/busts ( I think the other one is iron man), marv and others.... Without the sale their statues are actually EXPENSIVE!!!

Legato gave me their number and said that they likely would not be helpful. He in fact was dead on.

Worker laughed and said, no it was more a promotinal thing then a sale. Its already over.

made me think back to this past Saturday when I bought the 30 trades at 50% off. The store owner was noticable pissed off that I bought that much. Why have a sale if you are going to be upset when it actually causes people to buy things?

Colossus
12-27-2005, 05:37 PM
Legato gave me their number and said that they likely would not be helpful. He in fact was dead on.

Worker laughed and said, no it was more a promotinal thing then a sale. Its already over.

made me think back to this past Saturday when I bought the 30 trades at 50% off. The store owner was noticable pissed off that I bought that much. Why have a sale if you are going to be upset when it actually causes people to buy things?

thing is most retailers want to sell thsir stuff but they do not understand the concept of selling items at or below cost, and really it can be nerve racking selling something for 50% off that you bought at 42% discount. Thing is most don't realize it is better to take a small loss and get the money back into the business to hopefully buy more stuff that is "hot" items and sells faster. This is very true in this business when something is hot one week and old the next.
Walmart is the king of turn over they are not about how much money they make per item but how many times they can turn that item over in a month. Alot of small retailers would rather have items sit on the shelves looking full than selling it at cost and getting the money back, to go towards something that sells. If it is selling like crazy he shouldnt be putting them on sale, thats just marketing, unless he is doing a lost leader, basically not making anything on a product and advertising it to get people to come to the store, convience stores do this with gas all the time.

Underdog07
12-27-2005, 05:56 PM
thing is most retailers want to sell thsir stuff but they do not understand the concept of selling items at or below cost, and really it can be nerve racking selling something for 50% off that you bought at 42% discount. Thing is most don't realize it is better to take a small loss and get the money back into the business to hopefully buy more stuff that is "hot" items and sells faster. This is very true in this business when something is hot one week and old the next.
Walmart is the king of turn over they are not about how much money they make per item but how many times they can turn that item over in a month. Alot of small retailers would rather have items sit on the shelves looking full than selling it at cost and getting the money back, to go towards something that sells. If it is selling like crazy he shouldnt be putting them on sale, thats just marketing, unless he is doing a lost leader, basically not making anything on a product and advertising it to get people to come to the store, convience stores do this with gas all the time.

Great points. You can generally tell the type of store you are in the minute you walk in. If the wall books consist of McFarlane Spideys, a copy of Wolverine v. Spiderman, 3 random Valiant issues, ShadowHawk #1, and 10 beat to hell silver age books all priced as if it were 1993 - except the silver age books which are priced as if they were NM - you know you are not getting any deals.

Underdog07
12-27-2005, 10:37 PM
0 for 2 - visited Tower in the Village and they were cleaned out of everything comic related (if they ever had anything)

cblakey1
12-28-2005, 01:53 AM
uhm...and WHERE is the 80% off section?

This was from my email from them. Haven't checked it out yet though.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/sale/index.asp?r=1

legato
12-28-2005, 02:28 AM

I'm sorry to hear that they were not helpful. But I think that it was more of a promotional thing because when I went to their second store the other guy told me the discount depends on the statue I was buying which is totally different from the first store I went to which was 50% off on everything. :inquisiti they probably realized they made a big mistake when they sold me two of their statues at 50% off :laugh:

Underdog07
12-28-2005, 05:09 AM
I'm sorry to hear that they were not helpful. But I think that it was more of a promotional thing because when I went to their second store the other guy told me the discount depends on the statue I was buying which is totally different from the first store I went to which was 50% off on everything. :inquisiti they probably realized they made a big mistake when they sold me two of their statues at 50% off :laugh:

No problem Legato. I figured that would be their reaction to my call.