PDA

View Full Version : HOO-AH! Just got my Jim Lee Superman FS!

WolverineX77
12-27-2005, 03:03 AM
I am SO ecstatic! It was the LAST one in stock! I only had to pay $118 for the beauty! And what a beauty it is! Tim Bruckner never fails to amaze me. Speaking of which, I gotta get me the GL vs. Sinestro FS he did! But anyway, YES! I finally have the Superman! YAY! Now I need to get me the Max Fleischer 1940s Superman maquette.......! Superman RULES! I'm done. :buttrock:

Tetragrammaton
12-27-2005, 03:08 AM
Congratulations.

This and the Batman are two great DC pieces.

WolverineX77
12-27-2005, 03:51 AM
Congratulations.

This and the Batman are two great DC pieces.
Thanks, Tetra! :buttrock: But y'know what? I passed on the Batman because I didn't really like the pose. I never understood the raised arm with the opened hand. It looks like he was reaching for something. I dunno. Maybe the FS Catwoman's rack? Or is it a spasm? :peoples: I think it should've been sculpted with his hand gripping his cape instead. On his hand rested on his knee like the actual cover that inspired the pose. Just my $.02.

WolverineX77
12-27-2005, 03:52 AM
Oops. OR his hand rested on his knee. Damn typos. :mad:

batman1180
12-27-2005, 05:16 AM
nice pick up wolverine, too bad you passed on batman, they look even better displayed next to each other.

Pogo4321
12-27-2005, 05:25 AM
The Fleischer maquette is awesome, and last I saw can be gotten cheap off e-bay. If you get it though you've got to get the Lois that goes with it.

WolverineX77
12-27-2005, 05:25 AM
nice pick up wolverine, too bad you passed on batman, they look even better displayed next to each other.
Thanks, Batman. Heh. Yeah, I agree that they look awesome next to each other, giving 'em the World's Finest look. Batman's my second fave DC character after Superman. A friend of mine has 'em both displayed next to each other and they look sweet. It's just that darn hand on Batman that I can't get over...... :banghead:

WolverineX77
12-27-2005, 05:29 AM
The Fleischer maquette is awesome, and last I saw can be gotten cheap off e-bay. If you get it though you've got to get the Lois that goes with it.
Pogo, I COMPLETELY agree with you on the Fleischer Superman maquette being awesome. I'm looking around eBay like a vulture looking for a deal on one. And the Lois I had the chance of getting for $50, but passed as soon as I saw the Superman & Batman "rock" MBs. Got both for $60. Couldn't pass up on that deal.

WolverineX77
12-27-2005, 05:31 AM
Oops! I meant $50. Damn late night typing........

OTAKU
12-27-2005, 05:51 AM
I am SO ecstatic! It was the LAST one in stock! I only had to pay $118 for the beauty! And what a beauty it is! Tim Bruckner never fails to amaze me. Speaking of which, I gotta get me the GL vs. Sinestro FS he did! But anyway, YES! I finally have the Superman! YAY! Now I need to get me the Max Fleischer 1940s Superman maquette.......! Superman RULES! I'm done. :buttrock:

Better hurry up with the GL vs Sinestro, i am sure only a few left is unbroken.

WolverineX77
12-28-2005, 04:06 AM
Better hurry up with the GL vs Sinestro, i am sure only a few left is unbroken.
What do you mean by that? :peoples:

Neomotion
12-28-2005, 06:18 PM
Where did you get that piece for $ 118,-? Damn good price.

The Sinestro vs GL piece has a lot of problems with broken parts.

rychehitman
12-28-2005, 08:08 PM
Supes and Bats are great for medium sized statues!

WolverineX77
12-30-2005, 03:15 AM
Where did you get that piece for $ 118,-? Damn good price.

The Sinestro vs GL piece has a lot of problems with broken parts.
Neo, I got it from a place called Animations. They sell pop culture stuff (t-shirts, posters, statues, busts, etc.). I have to find some room for it cuz it's pretty cramped in my room, what with my huge FS & MB collection. :banghead:

mitchanator
01-04-2006, 12:09 AM
I just got my GL vs Sinestro and sits right next to my Jim Lee superman and batman and it looks great

Jameshowlett
01-04-2006, 09:31 PM
I have had my eye on the Gl Vs. Sinestro statue for a while now an dI'm glad to hear that it IS a good looking statue in person.. I really love the design of it.Would love to see a pic of it.