PDA

View Full Version : My problem with females.

Tetragrammaton
12-27-2005, 02:07 PM
Now before people freak out or start making jokes, my problem is with the word itself.

Everytime some asks about females, it sounds almost like a line out of Star Trek.

Example: the Statueforum females thread.

I don't know, we do not tend to ask "Hey how are you males doing?".

Woman and ladies doesn't really work any better in a sentence than females and girls and gals could be seen as demeaning.

What do the women think?

Collection King 13
12-27-2005, 02:10 PM
Man this place must really be dead for you to ask that...

Ish
12-27-2005, 02:36 PM
Now before people freak out or start making jokes, my problem is with the word itself.

Everytime some asks about females, it sounds almost like a line out of Star Trek.

Example: the Statueforum females thread.

I don't know, we do not tend to ask "Hey how are you males doing?".

Woman and ladies doesn't really work any better in a sentence than females and girls and gals could be seen as demeaning.

What do the women think?
who cares!!

:laugh: :laugh:

Primal
12-27-2005, 02:53 PM
By the title of this thread I thought you were turning ***.

rychehitman
12-27-2005, 02:55 PM
He's BaAaAaAaAack!

The self imposed exile is over, CK?

Did they make you a mod yet? :laugh:

Sgt Taz
12-28-2005, 12:35 AM
What do the women think?
Are there even any women to answer that? :inquisiti

Or are you the only woman on the forum...in that case, we salute you :buttrock:

boondocksaint
12-28-2005, 12:40 AM
TET...you ok brother? :laugh:

Tetragrammaton
12-28-2005, 01:33 AM
Must be the holidays...

but seriously who says females?

Pogo4321
12-28-2005, 04:41 AM
Must be the holidays...

but seriously who says females?

Cops.

HardHeroine
12-30-2005, 06:36 AM
I posted in the "female"-thread, maybe you remember. But now I asked my girl and we don't get the point of this thread :o

Is it incorrect to say "females"? What do you say in the U.S., if you have any women in your team? You say "female (team)member", don't you? Here we say something like "Mädels" or "Ladies", but no woman I have ever met in a forum or in an irc-chat was offended through it.

So why don't call this 2% just girls or ladies?

(Just from a foreign point if view)

I wish you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! :tounge:

Juggernaut
12-30-2005, 11:38 AM
Tetra If this is a big problem dont worry.

If I look at a hot pretty lady and she talks to me I go

Duuuh...Blah..Blabba blabba blabba.

It happened yesterday actualy. I was in a store to buy some new razors. Then its time to pay. A new emploee is working in the store. Dark hair, Dark skin, Nice body, Beautilful brown eyes, I pay for my razors. And she smiles at me and says Happy New year. I say thanks to you to. It went okay.

But I would like to ask her out. How do I do that? I dont know her name or anything. Im thinking of going to the store again and maybe talk a little with her, but im afraid that I mess up like Blabba blabba blabba, you know what I mean?

Archangel
12-30-2005, 11:54 AM
Tetra If this is a big problem dont worry.

If I look at a hot pretty lady and she talks to me I go

Duuuh...Blah..Blabba blabba blabba.

It happened yesterday actualy. I was in a store to buy some new razors. Then its time to pay. A new emploee is working in the store. Dark hair, Dark skin, Nice body, Beautilful brown eyes, I pay for my razors. And she smiles at me and says Happy New year. I say thanks to you to. It went okay.

But I would like to ask her out. How do I do that? I dont know her name or anything. Im thinking of going to the store again and maybe talk a little with her, but im afraid that I mess up like Blabba blabba blabba, you know what I mean?

You need to consider that she works retail and might get hit on a couple of times a week. Also take into account that this is her workplace so you don't want her to feel like she need to say "yes" right away. Don't let her feel trapped. Just go in, say hi, talk to her BRIEFLY about maybe getting together and leave her YOUR number. Don't ask for her number because again this is her workplace and you don't want her to feel trapped or uncomfortable. Give it some time and if you made a good impression she will give you a call. Maybe even give her your email too. Good Luck!

rychehitman
12-30-2005, 02:40 PM
Cops.

and military :buttrock:

rychehitman
12-30-2005, 02:43 PM
You need to consider that she works retail and might get hit on a couple of times a week. Also take into account that this is her workplace so you don't want her to feel like she need to say "yes" right away. Don't let her feel trapped. Just go in, say hi, talk to her BRIEFLY about maybe getting together and leave her YOUR number. Don't ask for her number because again this is her workplace and you don't want her to feel trapped or uncomfortable. Give it some time and if you made a good impression she will give you a call. Maybe even give her your email too. Good Luck!

She probably DOES get hit on a whole lot and has her guard up. You need to go in under the radar and be original.

The last thing you want to do is come off creepy and make her feel pressured....you do want to go back there either way, right? Where else would you buy your razors?

Primal
12-30-2005, 02:53 PM
Maybe you should hang out with Jean Claude. :laugh:

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/6035/damme19wo.gif

rychehitman
12-30-2005, 02:55 PM
Primal...you have way too much time on your hands!

Always the right animated gif for thre right occasion! :buttrock:

Daredevil
12-30-2005, 03:16 PM
Just go back there next time and buy some EXTRA Large and extra long condoms meant for horses to impress her .. then she will leave her number on the receipt for SURE
:laugh: :laugh: :eplus2:

rychehitman
12-30-2005, 03:17 PM
See...I WAS going to go there...but my wife stopped me!

Tetragrammaton
12-30-2005, 03:19 PM
Just go back there next time and buy some EXTRA Large and extra long condoms meant for horses to impress her .. then she will leave her number on the receipt for SURE

Check out the company name. :)

http://www.buckbean.com/items/item283.htm

Juggernaut
12-30-2005, 07:51 PM

Thanks good advice. :thumbs2:

Juggernaut
12-30-2005, 07:52 PM
See...I WAS going to go there...but my wife stopped me!

Juggernaut
12-30-2005, 07:53 PM

Do you want to make me impotent? :laugh:

Juggernaut
12-30-2005, 07:54 PM
[QUOTE=rychehitman]She probably DOES get hit on a whole lot and has her guard up. You need to go in under the radar and be original.

The last thing you want to do is come off creepy and make her feel pressured.

I agree.

Juggernaut
12-30-2005, 07:57 PM

Its a very little store, they dont sell condoms.

They sell razors, soap, candels, and candy, no condoms.

Juggernaut
12-30-2005, 07:58 PM
Check out the company name. :)

http://www.buckbean.com/items/item283.htm

Thats a huge one! :laugh: :laugh:

JadeGiant
12-30-2005, 10:01 PM
[QUOTE=rychehitman]She probably DOES get hit on a whole lot and has her guard up. You need to go in under the radar and be original.

The last thing you want to do is come off creepy and make her feel pressured.

I agree.

Even if you think it is a good idea, don't ask her if she would like to come back to your apartment to see your statue collection :laugh: :laugh:

JadeGiant
12-30-2005, 10:03 PM

OMG, what is that from?! (note to self, don't watch this Van Damme flick)

12brokEnBonEs
12-30-2005, 10:32 PM
These so called "females" are really pretty cool. I have one. Married her infact. Then wouldn't you know it, she popped out two more before spawning a male. After having some limited experience in raising both females and the male I have come to the conclusion that the females are more intelligent - frightfully intelligent. I think they are in process of ruling the world! Watch your backs men. Don't let the Wo-Man keep you down! Power to the male people!

Bladedanger
12-30-2005, 10:52 PM
Even if you think it is a good idea, don't ask her if she would like to come back to your apartment to see your man thing :laugh: :laugh:
:confused2

rychehitman
12-30-2005, 11:49 PM
Its a very little store, they dont sell condoms.

They sell razors, soap, candels, and candy, no condoms.

Ok, buy some candles....a box of chocolates.....a lady bic razor...and some shaving cream....

When you are done paying, and she hands you the bag, say: "when is the last time you had someone shave your legs?"

Wolverine1
12-31-2005, 01:25 AM
Ok, buy some candles....a box of chocolates.....a lady bic razor...and some shaving cream....

When you are done paying, and she hands you the bag, say: "when is the last time you had someone shave your legs?"
After eat the chocolates!

Primal
12-31-2005, 01:30 AM
OMG, what is that from?! (note to self, don't watch this Van Damme flick) :laugh: Just found this description.
In the beginning…
Jean-Claude’s first film role was an uncredited part as a unitard-wearing breakdancing enthusiast in a crowd scene in Breakin’. His first credited role came in Monaco Forever, a film by the acclaimed director of Blackenstein and Wham Bam Thank You Spaceman. The name of the character he played – “G@y Karate Man.” http://www.thewavemag.com/images/articles/9001-10000/9260.jpg

rychehitman
12-31-2005, 01:32 AM
Someone has WAY too much time on their hands! :eplus2:

Primal
12-31-2005, 01:33 AM
Someone has WAY too much time on their hands! :eplus2:And dont get Tetra started on this dance from Van Damme's movie, Sidekick! :laugh: :laugh:

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/4770/vandammedance12zj.gif

Tetragrammaton
12-31-2005, 01:36 AM
Hey don't drag me into this...especially when posting your famous red X's.

Primal
12-31-2005, 01:39 AM
Hey don't drag me into this...especially when posting your famous red X's.What red X? :laugh:

Tetragrammaton
12-31-2005, 01:40 AM
I swear it wasn't working a second ago... :redface:

One of my former co-workers does some stunt work for movies filmed locally. He gets beaten up by Jean-Claude at the beginning of the Quest.

Really, really bad movie.

rychehitman
12-31-2005, 01:41 AM
it wasn't! And I wish it wasn't now!

Daredevil
12-31-2005, 01:42 AM
Oh My Gawd, My Eyes.. My Eyes!!

Primal
12-31-2005, 01:42 AM
it wasn't! And I wish it wasn't now!Oh My Gawd, My Eyes.. My Eyes!!

Primal
12-31-2005, 01:44 AM
One of my former co-workers does some stunt work for movies filmed locally. He gets beaten up by Jean-Claude at the beginning of the Quest.

Really, really bad movie.Never saw it. I take it it's not even bad in a funny way?

Tetragrammaton
12-31-2005, 01:49 AM
I never sat through all of it...but what I did see was mildly nauseating.

rychehitman
12-31-2005, 02:42 AM
I dont think i have ever seen a JCV movie!

Sniper
12-31-2005, 03:56 AM
:laugh:

Juggernaut
12-31-2005, 08:39 AM
:confused2

Juggernaut
12-31-2005, 08:41 AM

You are just full of ideas? :eplus2:

rychehitman
12-31-2005, 07:10 PM
:thumbs2: you know it