PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Toys Closeouts? does anyone know who this seller/buyer is?

ant-man
12-27-2005, 05:12 PM
...i just sold a statue to this buyer thru paypal...after sending out the item...he pulled a money refund on me?Because of this i can be out the money and statue. any chance he is a statueforum memeber? Ive tried to contact him thru email and phone to no avail? I also noticed after the fact...he has atleast 11 negative feedbacks...and 4 within the last month?

any info would be apprecited...please PM with any ..thanks

Azog
12-27-2005, 05:16 PM
How did you send it? If you have tracking info get it to PAYPAL asap...

Just_joseph
12-27-2005, 05:20 PM
...i just sold a statue to this buyer thru paypal...after sending out the item...he pulled a money refund on me?Because of this i can be out the money and statue. any chance he is a statueforum memeber? Ive tried to contact him thru email and phone to no avail? I also noticed after the fact...he has atleast 11 negative feedbacks...and 4 within the last month?

any info would be apprecited...please PM with any ..thanks

Do you have the link to your auction?

mose73
12-27-2005, 05:23 PM
...i just sold a statue to this buyer thru paypal...after sending out the item...he pulled a money refund on me?

I have given a refund as a seller, but I was not aware that the buyer could refund himself. How does this work? :inquisiti

I've always wondered what some peoples hangup with Paypal was, but perhaps this starts to explain it.

Underdog07
12-27-2005, 05:29 PM
It could be a hi-jacked account. Was he inactive for a long period of time?

Tad Ghostal
12-27-2005, 06:15 PM
I've bought about 5 Electric Tiki mini maquettes from this seller a couple of months ago. Aside from not being packed that well, I had no problems, and they gave me a (slight) break on shipping.

leks
12-27-2005, 07:24 PM
I asked him a couple of questions one time seemed friendly and all I do know they have a website with the same name http://www.drtoyscloseouts.com/

And I thought refunds as a buyer can only be accomplished if the funds havenot yet been accepted by the seller?

HULK SMASH
12-27-2005, 08:50 PM
I asked him a couple of questions one time seemed friendly and all I do know they have a website with the same name http://www.drtoyscloseouts.com/

And I thought refunds as a buyer can only be accomplished if the funds havenot yet been accepted by the seller?This happen to another store where someone hacked into thier account.Call or contact paypal now!!! :peoples:

Jerseydevil
12-28-2005, 02:00 AM
I've dealt with this guy in the past, and in fact it was an out of fleabay purchase. I didn't have any problems.

elwood49
12-28-2005, 02:17 AM
I have given a refund as a seller, but I was not aware that the buyer could refund himself. How does this work? :inquisiti

I would imagine what the poster is referring to is a "chargeback." This is the main thing as a seller that you have to watch out for on Ebay.

This occurs when the buyer pays for the item through Paypal, and the seller sends out the item. The buyer receives the item, but claims that it never arrived. Instead of filing a Paypal dispute, the buyer contacts his/her credit card company and requests the refund that way. The credit card company then contacts Paypal, the money is deducted from the seller's account, and the seller's Paypal account is frozen. Paypal will then dispute the chargeback, but only if the seller can provide detailed tracking info that proves the item arrived to the buyer.

Many sellers aren't experienced enough to know exactly what sort of shipping services they need for their auctions, so they will lose the dispute. I have a nearly 100% foolproof method of selling on Ebay, and I've never had a problem.

Some tips:

1. If you are like me and only use USPS services, do NOT ship internationally unless it is via Global Express.

2. Block negative feedback accounts from bidding on your auctions.

3. Cancel bids if the buyer has too many bid retractions. This scam seems to be getting more and more popular.

4. Keep all your tracking # stubs and paid postal receipts for a few months. You can shred them after the potential chargeback period has lapsed.

These are just a start, anyone with specific questions can send me a PM. I dare a buyer to try a chargeback on me. :eplus2:

Underdog07
12-28-2005, 05:12 AM
4. Keep all your tracking # stubs and paid postal receipts for a few months. You can shred them after the potential chargeback period has lapsed.

I'd recommend keeping them longer because a buyer can always claim mail fraud beyond the "chargeback period." Just to be safe, I would keep all paperwork for 2 years minimum.

Jerseydevil
12-28-2005, 12:06 PM
Elwood and Underdog: Thanks for the tips. I'm not typically an eBay seller, but as of late I've been purging some of my collection, so all of this helps. I generally don't ship internationally, but I've received emails from people from France, the Nethelands and Germany asking me to do so. However, I usually purge my insurance/tracking info. after the buyer has posted positive feedback. BTW, exactly how do block bidders w/ excessive negative feedback or bid withdrawals from bidding on your item. Are there settings that can be adjusted? Or do you you do it on a case by case basis?

Bullseye
12-28-2005, 12:37 PM
I've received many items from ebay from the US with postage via Globel Express. You have a tracking number and the item has to be signed for. Best way to ship IMO.

ant-man
12-28-2005, 12:44 PM
I just have to thank u all for the great advice....i spoke with paypal...and basically im screwed....all i can do is voice my grievance with them thru an email i sent ...and its there hands to decide...usuaully i do the tracking number for everything i sell...but since im not a seasoned pro on this...and the buyer did not request insurance or confirmation (i didnt do it) i was trusting...which i guess u shouldnt be...and to go and ask for a refund..he only gave it 5 days (Christmas it usually takes a few extra at times)

what can i do...he will probably get a free statue...and im out a statue and 135 bucks...and im sure he scans these forums but is too much of a chicken $#!@# to even reply...or show himself (ive tried over a dozen emails and a couple of phone calls ) but nothing...its the first and last time ill make this mistake...so onece again i thank u all for the great advice...and will follow it...

man it just eats me inside...to know...AAAGGHHHHH!!!!

Bullseye
12-28-2005, 12:47 PM
Sorry to hear it ant-man. Hopefully this will be the one and only time someone screws you over.

stormshadow007
12-28-2005, 12:55 PM
Elwood and Underdog: Thanks for the tips. I'm not typically an eBay seller, but as of late I've been purging some of my collection, so all of this helps. I generally don't ship internationally, but I've received emails from people from France, the Nethelands and Germany asking me to do so. However, I usually purge my insurance/tracking info. after the buyer has posted positive feedback. BTW, exactly how do block bidders w/ excessive negative feedback or bid withdrawals from bidding on your item. Are there settings that can be adjusted? Or do you you do it on a case by case basis?

Go to preferences on your ebay account and then to buyer requirements. Click on show and edit. Below are the options:

Block buyers who are registered in countries to which I don't ship.
Block buyers who have a feedback score of (-1 ) or lower.
Block buyers who have received 2 Unpaid Item strikes in the last 30 days.
Block buyers who are currently winning or have bought (1-10) of my items in the last 10 days.
Block buyers without a PayPal account

Jerseydevil
12-28-2005, 01:05 PM
Go to preferences on your ebay account and then to buyer requirements. Click on show and edit. Below are the options:

Block buyers who have a feedback score of (1-3) or lower.
Block buyers who are currently winning or have bought of my items in the last 10 days.

Simple enough. Thanks Stormshadow!

stormshadow007
12-28-2005, 01:20 PM
no prob :thumbs2:

ant-man
12-30-2005, 06:10 PM
well the "a" hole won...he got his money and kept the statue....so if u see this thread ...and you know who you are...What goes around comes around...Kharma is a real *****!!!

So if anyone gets #40 of the Bowen Venom statue...let me know...cant do anything but im sure he'll turn arounf and flip it....

MONSTER
12-30-2005, 06:15 PM

Block buyers who have a feedback score of (1-3) or lower.
Block buyers who are currently winning or have bought of my items in the last 10 days.

I never knew about this. I just updated my account! Thanks SS!!!

ant-man
01-09-2006, 03:23 PM
so...Dr. Toys...im sure u have your statue by NOW...i Know you have my money....and no..i wont go away...that easy..... :eplus2:

Virsago
01-09-2006, 09:34 PM
I bought my Scarface figure from them, I had no problems.

Sniper
01-09-2006, 09:40 PM
I just had an ahole try that on me. I had all the receipts and I only send global express mail because of this, I give the guy a break on the bust and he pulled that crap on me. They froze the 210.00 from my account and Now I am waiting for the credit card company to review the global express mail invioce I have as proof the scum bag got the item!

Sniper
01-09-2006, 09:41 PM
so...Dr. Toys...im sure u have your statue by NOW...i Know you have my money....and no..i wont go away...that easy..... :eplus2:
ohh take all the money you have out of paypal because the paypal will charge you the fee the credit card company will charge them which is about 20 bucks~

ant-man
01-09-2006, 10:21 PM
ohh take all the money you have out of paypal because the paypal will charge you the fee the credit card company will charge them which is about 20 bucks~

thanks for the tip:...i owe paypal...and i hope you get the money back from the a hole and win ... u sure it wasnt Dr toys?

i just hate it when people just take advantage of others...and get away with it...its hard to find any honest people in business anymore...

ant-man
01-17-2006, 03:38 PM
ok...i know...ive been after this a-hole...but i got a little redemption ... i got my negative feedback ithdrawn (that he had given me) ....so...although he has my money and statue....atleast the a** wipe does not win this one....