PDA

View Full Version : Which one best describes you?

insomniac
10-19-2004, 11:19 PM
Here is a follow up from a previous thread.

Perna
10-19-2004, 11:25 PM
I'd say I concentrate more on comics then I do on statues and busts.

grendelscott
10-19-2004, 11:28 PM
Statues and comics, and other assorted crap...

MONSTER
10-19-2004, 11:53 PM
I am a statue and bust collector but I do not consider myself a comic collector anymore. I still buy about 20+ titles a month but I just read them and put them away and never think about them again. I wish could just read them once and bring them right back to my LCS for credit towards the next weeks comics.

Collection King 13
10-19-2004, 11:56 PM
I stopped buying comics... I couldnt afford busts, statue and comics....

Wayne Industries
10-20-2004, 12:35 AM
Only statues....never any busts or comics.....

ickwinzs
10-20-2004, 12:38 AM
I am a huge comic collector and I buy statues and busts

Superhero
10-20-2004, 02:37 AM
I am a statue and bust collector but I do not consider myself a comic collector anymore. I still buy about 20+ titles a month but I just read them and put them away and never think about them again. I wish could just read them once and bring them right back to my LCS for credit towards the next weeks comics.

Ditto

BobbyW
10-20-2004, 04:01 AM
Ditto.

EXITAR007
10-20-2004, 04:22 AM
Ditto
ditto x 2 :D

Confessor
10-20-2004, 07:47 AM
Full sized statues only...essentially no busts. I collect no comics at all. But I do buy Astro City when it comes out, with the a rare storyline from various books when one is referred to me (some Batman lines, etc.).

silverageguy
10-20-2004, 07:58 AM
I collect statues and busts and don't buy or collect comics.

EXCEPT -

Any Marvel comics that I need from 1962 to 1965.

These silver age comics are very expensive so I can only get one or two a year. The nice thing about the mini bust collecting is they are very affordable especially if you limit what you buy to those characters or sculpts you really like.

Iron Fist
10-20-2004, 08:26 AM
I gotta have them all! How can you know the characters without the comics and how can you look at your characters in person on display without your busts statues? Thus, I must have them all!

RNR :thumbs2:

insomniac
10-20-2004, 10:16 PM
Kinda surprising. Almost half of the collectors no longer or never collected comics.

Tattoo-S
10-20-2004, 10:31 PM
I think we are hard to "define" as we collect just about anything and everything. We still buy comics, but hardly read them at all....who has time, it is hard enough to keep up with release dates. :)

OneOne78
10-20-2004, 10:38 PM
I stopped collecting comics years ago. I only kept my Uncanny X-Men subscription active.

Alex655321
02-07-2007, 01:53 AM
I sold my comic collection years ago.
I only collect statues and the odd bust.

Meteor Man
02-07-2007, 02:20 AM
I pick up a few issues here and there, but I have stopped collecting comics for the most part. I just don't like the inconsitency in writting nowadays. The classic characters that I haved loved for so many years have been jerked around by a bunch of writers that don't seem to have any respect for character history at all. They will trash any and all characters to get their "vision" of whatever realized. I just can't stand it.:stick:

Mastermold
02-07-2007, 02:24 AM
I pick up a few issues here and there, but I have stopped collecting comics for the most part. I just don't like the inconsitency in writting nowadays. The classic characters that I haved loved for so many years have been jerked around by a bunch of writers that don't seem to have any respect for character history at all. They will trash any and all characters to get their "vision" of whatever realized. I just can't stand it.:stick:

Well with comic character websites new stuff is pretty easy to find even if you don't buy the books anymore.

HoldyourfireAl
02-07-2007, 02:42 AM
I love certain comics....Captain America, Daredevil, and Ultimate Spider-Man. I have hope that The Incredible Hulk and The Invincible Iron Man will return to their proper glory one day. I collect a lot of stuff still...mostly Marvel, DC...only Action Comics, Green Arrow & Green Lantern, Independent....Strangers in Paradise. I buy loads of FS statues & some busts.

buchieboy
02-07-2007, 02:56 AM
i need to have my weekly comic fix and my 6 to 8 times a year statue fix to satisfy this darn addiction we all share =)

malkii
02-07-2007, 07:53 AM
i am so addicted to comics, my friends say i need therapy... i have to be there every wednesday at noon to pick up the new stash... when i think about all the money i spend each year on comics and statues, uuuggghhhhh... i could be rich by now...:banghead:

statues and bust i only by the characters that i really like, but that seems to be more and more these days...

Jabberwocky
02-07-2007, 08:00 AM
I only collect statues and I no longer buy comics, however I will buy collected editions of storylines and read them.

I'm currently reading the X-Men Marvel Masterworks, I just finished the first volume (issues 1-10). I think this is the first time I've read any of the pre Giant Size X-Men stories. I'm gaining a new appreciation for the original characters and villians.

imthkman
02-07-2007, 08:29 AM

Me too. Although lately, I've been buying JLA and GL once a month. But that's a far cry from my old purchase amounts. I just like MB's and FS's more.

CanadianMachine
02-07-2007, 08:35 AM
Huge comic collector who buys statues.

HalJordanFan
02-07-2007, 08:36 AM
FS only for me.

GET
02-07-2007, 11:12 AM
Only collect FS no bust unless its strickly limited,and lil' bit of comics.

JadeGiant
02-07-2007, 12:56 PM
I used to buy a ton of comics and zero statues/busts/action figures. That has shifted dramatically as I now spend much more on statues/busts/action figures. I opened a pull account at the LCS last year but I find that I buy more books that I don’t read that those that I do read. I am looking at possibly switching to a web based service and cutting back my pull list. I actually prefer to go back and fill holes in my older runs than most of the newer stuff.

Ish
02-07-2007, 01:01 PM
i collect maily statues, then a few busts, i have comics but i stoped buying for a while, i'm planning on finishing the runs of my favorite characters and just get key issues of the rest.

Teague
02-07-2007, 01:04 PM
I'm still heavily into comics, though I'm probably getting a promotion to tenure track at school, which will mean I have to stop working part-time at my LCS, which means I won't have store credit to feed the habit...which means I'll probably be cutting back in a HUGE way pretty darn soon.

I've more or less stopped collecting busts, and will probably be selling all that I have pretty soon. But I'm still going to collect Bowen's FS, which I continue to love.

I'll always collect some comics, I think. I'm sure the statue collection will plateau at some point. It has to, storage-wise. :thumbs2:

BadLuv
02-07-2007, 01:29 PM
I collect statues or bust and still am an avid comic collector. Mainly X-men related titles.

moon_knight1971
02-07-2007, 03:15 PM
I used to be a super avid comic book collector but most of my dollars have gone to statues, busts and kits for the last couple of years. I still buy books just not as much as I used to....

chromesamurai
02-07-2007, 03:19 PM
Yeah, I concentrate more on trades than individual issues. We're at a time now when almost every comic eventually gets collected into a trade. Nothing against those who do the whole issue thing, but it's not for me anymore. Hard to read them without damage and I prefer a larger book with a bunch of issues in it. You guys collecting issues can have fun with them going up in price, trades almost never do.

patrickwm68
02-07-2007, 03:46 PM
Double trouble here, I collect statues and comics. I'm surprised I can still pay my bills or eat.

VaultMan
02-07-2007, 06:41 PM
I gave up on most titles, and slowly moving toward giving up on titles completely.

I'm more of a statue guy now, though I will grab the occassional MB. Batmobiles are my sole addiction.

armitage
02-07-2007, 10:24 PM
I don't buy comics like I used to. Not current titles anyway. I used to be into figures but that has all but stopped. With the exception of SS/medicom figures. I'm starting to focus more on statues.

Leon
02-08-2007, 03:07 PM
I uses to collect comics and Bowen busts, but none of it anymore.
Now I just hang out here for the fun :)

rychehitman
02-08-2007, 03:41 PM
you quit collecting Leon?

wktf
02-08-2007, 03:49 PM
The first. Big comics collector and FS statue collector. The occasional bust.

CocoPUFF
02-08-2007, 03:51 PM
Avid comic book collector here.....just makes it that much more easy to be wowed and appreciate these pieces..

galactus
02-08-2007, 03:51 PM
Yeah, I don't buy too many books anymore and my statue purchases have gone WAY down. Though, that has more to do with all my favorite characters already being done as opposed to not liking the stuff coming out.

Mek
02-08-2007, 04:00 PM
I don't collect statues, bust or comics but just hang out here for the great company

I do collect some comics, but not much. ('Omega Flight' is the only series I have any interest in getting, and most mainstream/indie stuff I wait for the trades)

I would like to collect statues and/or busts, but I currently do not have any reasonable income that would support it. =/