PDA

View Full Version : CM Spoiled us.

lancelin
12-29-2005, 05:09 PM
After looking at the sideshow Han Solo, I am never going to collect large scale statues without a Silicon face like Arnie's...

All my hope for Harrison Ford likeness (without custom painting) is now with CM!!

Do a Han Solo too!!! You can just recycle the Harrison Ford head from Indy!!! I don't mind if he is supposed to be younger in Star Wars.

Lance

DetroitSportsFan
12-29-2005, 05:18 PM
I've been thinking the same thing since my T-800 came today. I may just sell off many of my Sideshow statues, and collect CMs only. The quality is WAY better. And they way they're releasing CMs, you'll only have to buy 4-5 a year (if you want all of the characters they release).

lancelin
12-29-2005, 06:29 PM
I already did sell some ss items. I have been pressing pre-order cancelling a lot lately.

It's true that CM only delivery TWO pieces so far. But they are on target for both of them.

While SS had lots of hype, they failed to deliver on their first TWO attempts on Star Wars PFs. It's a pity. since they had good sculptors.

Lance

RichardW
12-29-2005, 06:38 PM
Actually, there was a lot of controversy when the first pictures of CM Arnold showed up.

Zurbaran1
12-29-2005, 06:42 PM
This looks great and if I had endless resources and space I'd probably grab one. But I don't. I am quite satisfied with my SS Endo and will stick with that one for now. When the Aragorn piece was shown it did not receive an overwhelmingly positive response.

lancelin
12-29-2005, 06:48 PM
Ya, the Aragorn pics shown before looked like cave man.

But I have high hopes now because all THREE (sorry, I wrote two in last post) CM pieces ruled. Also, they had over 1/2 year to fix that face.

Lance

Gruson
12-29-2005, 06:55 PM
I was thinking the same thing at one time.

BUT, I doubt CM will ever make Jason, Freddy, Hellboy, Bond, or any Star Wars pieces.

So, for me, it's Sideshow for pieces that CM does not have.

It's very true that any piece next to a CM piece just looks "cheap." Including the 1/4 PF line.

CM figures are really pieces of art.

The CM Arnold is better than any other human piece out there. The silicone skin is just amazing. Let's hope it lasts! ;)

I hope other pieces look as good but Aragorn has me worried....

I will order CM Alien, Indy, Gandalf, and Predator for sure.

lancelin
12-29-2005, 08:14 PM
I think if we continue to support CM, they will get the Star Wars license.

It is simply if they can substain their business by selling these exclusive stuffs.
THUS, BUY MORE CM!!!

Lance

RichardW
12-29-2005, 08:17 PM
The ONLY way I would buy CM statues is if they came up with an installment plan like Sideshow is doing.

DetroitSportsFan
12-29-2005, 08:24 PM
The ONLY way I would buy CM statues is if they came up with an installment plan like Sideshow is doing.

They really should consider a Flex Pay option. They would sell many more, IMO.

elwood49
12-29-2005, 09:15 PM
Actually, there was a lot of controversy when the first pictures of CM Arnold showed up.
Only because of the price. It is unquestionably the best human statue ever created.

RichardW
12-29-2005, 09:31 PM
I was talking about the hair on P1X4R's statue and how worried people were about the silicone skin not lasting.

cap70
12-29-2005, 10:01 PM
CM is defenetly a step above everyone's else, no doubt about that, but you pay the price. Their attention to production, from the perfectly designed box, to the statues details are second to none. You need to see one of these things in person to truly apreciate their beauty. I'm really looking forward to the future releases. I'm really hooked!!! :)
And I agree, a Flex-pay payment plan would be sweet and bring them many more customers.

RichardW
12-29-2005, 10:07 PM
I think I'd finally crater and buy CM if they did a flex-pay. Uh, weren't they supposed to join this forum back when Arnold was released? :rolleyes2

cap70
12-29-2005, 10:09 PM
I think I'd finally crater and buy CM if they did a flex-pay. Uh, weren't they supposed to join this forum back when Arnold was released? :rolleyes2

They joined already, they just don't post too much. But they can "hear" us ;)

lancelin
12-29-2005, 11:07 PM
Setting up flex pay is really a small cost for them. The money cost, despite high, is only 7.5% annually. With the margin they should be making on these statues, they can surey afford it.

Lance

nexus
12-30-2005, 01:34 AM
Admittedly, the CM pieces look amazing. But I'm gonna wait to see where the line actually goes. While the endo looks quite superior to the SS version, it's also more than twice as much. Also, 1/3 scale is starting to get up there in size unless you want these things taking over your house. As it is I'm worried about displaying the 1/4 lines. I'm hoping/waiting to see if SS does a Terminatrix.

If CM gets the Star Wars license though, and sells them for say $500/each I could see going for that.

Ideally, I'd prefer to see SS takes a page from the CM book with silicon skin, more lifelike face sculpts, real fake hair, and better detailing (at 1/4 scale), I'd prefer that to the CM line -- or perhaps they could do special edition versions.

cap70
12-30-2005, 01:41 AM
A CM for $500? That's something that will never happens. I really wish, though, but I know isn't possible. Not with this kind of quality.

nexus
12-30-2005, 02:18 AM
I hear ya Cap. Probably not, but that's where I'd most likely draw the line. Then again I haven't seen one and held one so who knows.

But I do think pricing along this line would be the only way for CM to really compete head-to-head with SS, as their premium format is in the $250 range, so $500 is 2x that. Even then, consider what it would cost to put together a great Star Wars line (Luke, Han, Leia, Chewy, Darth, Lando, R2, C3, Stormtrooper, Rebel fighter, Tie Fighter, Boba from OT; Anakin(s), Padme, Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Maul, Emperor, Clone Trooper(s), Sidious, Mace, Yoda, Jango, Greivous - from prequels) And that's not even factoring in cool aliens like twi'leks, sandpeople, jawas, etc., royal guards, or variants like Slave Leia or Jedi Luke.
Even at $500/pop for humans (and say $700 for troopers and droids and $1,000 for Vader and Greivous), you're still talking about $20K+ to build a collection. I think you'd have takers at that price range, but when you double that price, well, you could probably count me out.

Anyway, I may still cave on the CM Terminator line :).

Gruson
12-30-2005, 02:31 AM
I would be happy with just a CM Vader.

:)

That's all we really need. I only see them doing three characters max.

My vote would be Vader of course.

Then Boba Fett (how cool would he be in 1/3 scale!!!).

Finally a stormtrooper.

Jamesways
12-30-2005, 09:47 AM
Vader would definitely be a must.

I am really dying to get a CM endo, or better yet the Alien, but I can't justify the money for that. That's a lot of dough. I know it's worth it, but damn!

RAY
12-30-2005, 10:42 AM
I think if a nut is willing to pay (a nut like me) then they wil keep charging at those prices. If the market was dead, as in no one bought them at that price then yeah, they would have to reconsider there prices, but they know there are nuts out there hence limiting there production runs. I think the TX has been hard for them to shift already. Selling 1000 of arnie at $1,500. each makes them $150,000.00.

RichardW
12-30-2005, 10:51 AM
Don't you mean $1,500,000? Now that's a lot of coin.

lancelin
12-30-2005, 11:23 AM
The profit isn't that high actually.

Three releases a year. With their production speed, it will take two years to sell out the entire lot. That is only $1.5 million in sales.

With gross margin of about 50% (production, shipping, license). That's 750k gross margin only.

3 major trade shows cost 250k. Salaries (5 people) definitely around 200k. Commissioned sculpts, 100k. Office Expenses (Rent, Supplies, Assets, Computers, Communications), 100k. Traveling and Entertainment to do sales, 100k.

Man, it's just hard to even breakeven.

They can only ensure their profit IF and only IF they can issue 4 items a year and they sell out 80% of their production quota every month.

But again, this is a wild guess. If the company is alive after 3 years, it will stick around for a long time.

Lance

Exar Kun
12-30-2005, 04:20 PM
What surprises me is that they are going to do characters like Bruce Lee and Al Pacino 'Scarface' . I thought for a while they would only produce SF and fantasy characters.

I hope they will do a Clint Eastwood as he appears in the Sergio Leone Trilogy (huge fan of these 3 movies)

DetroitSportsFan
12-30-2005, 04:27 PM
I'm now thinking about cancelling the SS Ex. Predator I have ordered, and just waiting for the CM. But, the mask is a big deal for me. I wonder if the CM will have the mask? Anyone know?

lancelin
12-30-2005, 05:12 PM
I am pretty sure it will have it. After all, you are dropping over $1500 bucks. If they can implaint real hairs and go throught the trouble of silicon face, I am sure its piece of cake for them to do the mask.

Lance

Exar Kun
12-30-2005, 05:23 PM
I came to think of it to and why not about a true laser beam targeting system. Afterall, you can easyly find a pen with the laser nowaday, why not on a top collectible item?

DetroitSportsFan
12-30-2005, 05:23 PM
Unless it has interchangable heads like the Sideshow version, I can't see the CM having a mask. :confused:

I came to think of it to and why not about a true laser beam targeting system. Afterall, you can easyly find a pen with the laser nowaday, why not on a top collectible item?

Good idea. I hope CM is reading this!

lancelin
12-30-2005, 05:52 PM
It can be like the Arnie sun glasses... You get to put them on or take them off. HEE HEE HEE

Lance

P.S. My friend interviewed at MR and he asked if there is a plan to do Han Solo blaster with laser beam... They said "You can do that??"

nexus
12-30-2005, 09:35 PM
I would really like to see what CM has in mind for Predator before the SS version comes out. It would be an opportunity to see a head to head matchup, and for CM to take some market share b'cuz I will not drop a grand on SS and then come back and drop another $1,200-1,500 on CM. However if the CM version really makes a case (laser sighting, lifelike skin, armor, working electronics, extra weapons, etc.), I could see cancelling my SS order and getting this one (heck, I'm almost convinced now). Then if I really like the CM Pred, that might be the thing that turns the key on getting the Terminator line. So CM if you're checking out this site, you've got a couple of months to show your hand.

elwood49
12-30-2005, 10:11 PM
I will not drop a grand on SS and then come back and drop another $1,200-1,500 on CM.

There's no way in hell the CM Predator will be in that price range. The SS 1/4 version is 24" tall with the base. You've seen how much bigger the CM Terminator is than the SS one. The CM Predator will be HUGE. Well over 30" tall with the base. The actor who played the Predator, Kevin Peter Hall, was nearly 7'3" tall!

http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0001310/bio

Add the costume on top of that, and you've got one BIG mofo.

I fully expect the CM Predator to be in the $2,000 range, if not more. The only way it will be cheaper is if it doesn't have the mask.

DetroitSportsFan
12-31-2005, 12:35 AM
The Alien is rumored to be $1800, so I see the Predator being in the $1800-$2000 range.

So CM if you're checking out this site, you've got a couple of months to show your hand.

I really hope CM shows us Predator pics before 2/5 (the day of Sideshow's first Flex Pay charge). I know we'll be getting Aragorn pics soon, so hopefully Predator pics will be soon after that. I really want a reason to cancel the SS version!

thx217
12-31-2005, 01:05 AM
There's no way in hell the CM Predator will be in that price range. The SS 1/4 version is 24" tall with the base. You've seen how much bigger the CM Terminator is than the SS one. The CM Predator will be HUGE. Well over 30" tall with the base. The actor who played the Predator, Kevin Peter Hall, was nearly 7'3" tall!

http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0001310/bio

Add the costume on top of that, and you've got one BIG mofo.

I fully expect the CM Predator to be in the $2,000 range, if not more. The only way it will be cheaper is if it doesn't have the mask.

Isn't that..........WOOONDERFUL! :eplus2:

Btw, CM didn't spoiled us. Now it's the year 2005 and soon to be 2006. It's about damn TIME some QUALITY MOVIE collectibles being made.

Gruson
12-31-2005, 01:12 AM
Last I heard, Alien is $1800 and Predator is $2000.

thx217
12-31-2005, 01:21 AM
Last I heard, Alien is $1800 and Predator is $2000.

As long as the quality is there,it's worth the mula.

CM, make us proud.

nexus
12-31-2005, 01:21 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot SS is 1/4 as compared to 1/3. Hmmm. I'm not sure if I'd drop 2K, but then again I'd have to see what they're offering. From the pix the Alien certainly doesn't look like an $1,800 piece to me. I'm surprised to see CM releasing pieces that are continually going up in price. 1K, 1.2K, 1.5K, 1.8K I think thus far. Most companies try to keep pricing at a steady pace. Originally these were going to be about a grand each, expensive but manageable. This would really have to be something amazing to convince me to put down that much cash, and I can afford it.

curious to know who would be in at 2K, or where people draw the line. For me, it's about $1,500 sight unseen.

And I'm still worried about the scale. I have to say that I do like the look of the CM Terminator compared to the SS one.

Gruson
12-31-2005, 01:23 AM
Well, I am most likely in for both Alien and Predator. I think the Alien pose looks very cool. I believe it's 28" tall as well. Should be a beautiful piece.

Assuming Predator's is as good as the Sideshow piece, I will buy it as well.

I am pretty sure Cap will be getting both. ;)

We are addicted. LOL

No Aragorn for me. Not interested in having him in the "Elessar" outfit. I wanted the black/Strider version.

DetroitSportsFan
12-31-2005, 01:24 AM
I'm surprised to see CM releasing pieces that are continually going up in price. 1K, 1.2K, 1.5K, 1.8K I think thus far. Most companies try to keep pricing at a steady pace.

That's why I'm interested to see how much they're charging for Aragorn. I'm expecting the same $1200 price tag as T-850 Arnie.

thx217
12-31-2005, 01:28 AM
Yeah, the PIC. of the Alien do look .......ok. But when the final verison showed up and really see in it in person. It will be something defferent.

cap70
12-31-2005, 01:41 AM
Well, I am most likely in for both Alien and Predator. I think the Alien pose looks very cool. I believe it's 28" tall as well. Should be a beautiful piece.

Assuming Predator's is as good as the Sideshow piece, I will buy it as well.

I am pretty sure Cap will be getting both. ;)

We are addicted. LOL

No Aragorn for me. Not interested in having him in the "Elessar" outfit. I wanted the black/Strider version.

Isn't the truth, G?? :laugh:
I wish I have never seen these CM pieces! Now is too late!
The 1/3 CM Predator will be jawesome. Can't let this one go! :buttrock:

elwood49
12-31-2005, 11:15 AM
I'll probably be sticking with the SS Predator depending on pics of the CM. I'm sure I'll be able to get my money back if I decide to sell it for the CM version.

I want the Alien BADLY, since I'm a huge fan of that film. It's also 28" tall. It's actually my 2nd favorite CM shown so far after the T-800.

Grievous
12-31-2005, 05:26 PM
I don't see what the complaints about the PF Han Solo are about. Looks fine to me. :\

Glitch
03-28-2006, 11:03 PM
To be honest, I think the T-800 Endoskeleton might be the most impressive scale figure I've ever see, but everything else I've seen from CM (Alien, Arnold, Aragorn) looks VERY "iffy" to me.

I just can't get past the use of real hair. Sorry, but it just doesn't work at that scale. I also think they might be painting themselves into a corner with it. Considering it already looks a little goofy on the Arnold piece, what are they going to do if/when they are faced with a character that has a hair style that's actually difficult to pull off (Luke, Han)?

Again, the robots look GREAT (couldn't care less about the TX), but it's the humans that have me a bit worried.

:(

Ish
03-28-2006, 11:39 PM
I was thinking the same thing at one time.

BUT, I doubt CM will ever make Jason, Freddy, Hellboy, Bond, or any Star Wars pieces.

So, for me, it's Sideshow for pieces that CM does not have.

It's very true that any piece next to a CM piece just looks "cheap." Including the 1/4 PF line.

CM figures are really pieces of art.

The CM Arnold is better than any other human piece out there. The silicone skin is just amazing. Let's hope it lasts! ;)

I hope other pieces look as good but Aragorn has me worried....

I will order CM Alien, Indy, Gandalf, and Predator for sure.
if they did terminator, and even indy there is no reason not to do star wars, it seems to me that their plan is to make stuff that nobody else or alot of companies are making, they got lotr so star wars in not so distant.

cap70
03-28-2006, 11:48 PM
To be honest, I think the T-800 Endoskeleton might be the most impressive scale figure I've ever see, but everything else I've seen from CM (Alien, Arnold, Aragorn) looks VERY "iffy" to me.

I just can't get past the use of real hair. Sorry, but it just doesn't work at that scale. I also think they might be painting themselves into a corner with it. Considering it already looks a little goofy on the Arnold piece, what are they going to do if/when they are faced with a character that has a hair style that's actually difficult to pull off (Luke, Han)?

Again, the robots look GREAT (couldn't care less about the TX), but it's the humans that have me a bit worried.

There was some "bad haired"(I say unfinished) Arnolds before(the one showed at Toy Fair had a REALLY bad UNFINISHED hair) , but the last ones produced(which mine is) looks REALLY fantastic. And you can "style" the hair some too. To me and to many people that owns it, the CM Arnold is the best non-lifesize human statue ever produced. And I have many, from different companies and nothing comes even close to the realism of this piece.
And about different hair styles, there is a process used that "molds" the real hair to fit the character, so it should be no problem doing other more "chalenging" hair styles.

thx217
03-29-2006, 12:18 AM

Don't worry Glitch. CM knows what they are doning, and they're improving the building process every sec.. Yes, a few Arnold which first came out did have some hair issues, but that DOES NOT mean they won't do anything about it. In fact, I did see the improvments on some of our forum member's later edtion Arnold maquette. I want to get one after I saw the pics from our member. CM's future releases will be nothing but outstanding and amazing!

Btw, have you EVER see any of these pieces IN PERSON? If NO, Please find one and check it out. AND THEN tell us what you really think. :)

Glitch
03-29-2006, 12:20 AM
Actually, I've seen three of the Arnold figures in person. These ranged from the short, fluffy "flowbee" looking hair to the longer, uneven "combed back" shaggy hair. None of them looked very good to me.

This brings up another problem with using real hair: you never know what you're going to get. Sure that can be said about every scale figure, but the hair style is just too darn important to have such inconsistency. I'm hoping we can write this off as a learning curve.

Cap,

I'm glad you like yours, but I just need a little more convincing that they can actually pull this off successfully. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Hopefully, by the time they get to characters I care about (I'm lookin' at you, Indy), they'll have these problems worked out. Thankfully, Indy wears a hat because I DO NOT want to see something like this:

Mike
03-29-2006, 12:34 AM
if they did terminator, and even indy there is no reason not to do star wars, it seems to me that their plan is to make stuff that nobody else or alot of companies are making, they got lotr so star wars in not so distant.

I see so many people begging Cinemaquette to do Star Wars. I don't really understand. Of course they want to do it it is the number once license period. The question is if Lucas will give them the license. If the awnser to that is yes then I have to assume the real question for Cinemaquette is when.

Glitch
03-29-2006, 12:38 AM
Considering both SS and CM are doing LotR, it shouldn't come down to a licensing issue.

I would KILL for a CM Vader!

:eplus2:

Ish
03-29-2006, 12:44 AM
I see so many people begging Cinemaquette to do Star Wars. I don't really understand. Of course they want to do it it is the number once license period. The question is if Lucas will give them the license. If the awnser to that is yes then I have to assume the real question for Cinemaquette is when.
of course. :)

Ish
03-29-2006, 12:48 AM
There was some "bad haired"(I say unfinished) Arnolds before(the one showed at Toy Fair had a REALLY bad UNFINISHED hair) , but the last ones produced(which mine is) looks REALLY fantastic. And you can "style" the hair some too. To me and to many people that owns it, the CM Arnold is the best non-lifesize human statue ever produced. And I have many, from different companies and nothing comes even close to the realism of this piece.
And about different hair styles, there is a process used that "molds" the real hair to fit the character, so it should be no problem doing other more "chalenging" hair styles.
so it's like playing with barbies. :laugh: :laugh: j/k :D

cap70
03-29-2006, 01:10 AM
Cap,

I'm glad you like yours, but I just need a little more convincing that they can actually pull this off successfully. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I LOVE mine. It's PERFECT, in every aspect. It's by far my favorite human statue, and I have more than 20 SS 1/4 Premium format pieces to compare. My Sideshow 1/4 PF human pieces don't come even CLOSE to the likeness, quality and realism of this CM piece. It's the statue that receive more WOW's from all the people that sees my big collection. That means something. When CM starts to release more nice characters, and some of the same characters SS released , I will start to sell all my SS pieces and replace with CM's.
Real Hair, silicone skin, real cloths.... it's the future of statues.

Glitch
03-29-2006, 02:44 AM
I LOVE mine. It's PERFECT, in every aspect. It's by far my favorite human statue, and I have more than 20 SS 1/4 Premium format pieces to compare. My Sideshow 1/4 PF human pieces don't come even CLOSE to the likeness, quality and realism of this CM piece. It's the statue that receive more WOW's from all the people that sees my big collection. That means something. When CM starts to release more nice characters, and some of the same characters SS released , I will start to sell all my SS pieces and replace with CM's.

Cool.

I can't wait to see what they have in store for us. Believe me, I'm always looking for something better - regardless of the price. If they can somehow get the Star Wars license, and I'm impressed with their work, I'll be doing the same.

It's all good!

thx217
03-29-2006, 03:32 AM
Actually, I've seen three of the Arnold figures in person. These ranged from the short, fluffy "flowbee" looking hair to the longer, uneven "combed back" shaggy hair. None of them looked very good to me.

This brings up another problem with using real hair: you never know what you're going to get. Sure that can be said about every scale figure, but the hair style is just too darn important to have such inconsistency. I'm hoping we can write this off as a learning curve.

Cap,

Hopefully, by the time they get to characters I care about (I'm lookin' at you, Indy), they'll have these problems worked out. Thankfully, Indy wears a hat because I DO NOT want to see something like this:

I don't wanna see sth. like that neither, but that's just a early proto., but I'm sure that CM will have sth. that refresh our mind. :)

As for the Arnie, what are the edtion No. on those? Low or higher then Cap's?

El Diablo
03-29-2006, 08:56 AM
As for the Arnie, what are the edtion No. on those? Low or higher then Cap's?
The very early pieces had the short hair they then made the hair slightly longer at the front. Then at about (or slightly before) whatever number cap`s is they changed the hair again to the 'combed back' look. Mine`s number 95 and has the combed back look which was the one I was hoping to get as imo it`s the best style.

revilal
03-29-2006, 09:16 AM
The CM pieces are indeed very good but have to disagree with some peoples opinions that the Arnie is the best human likeness out there.
Show me a likeness that can better the SSW busts of 'Gandalf the White' and 'Saruman' and then I'll be impressed. Arnie, imo, isn't.

Granted, the Alien, TX and Endo look very good but Aragorn looks awful, especially with the hair !

On another note, CM started with 1G prices and to me, I thought a little too high but I may be able to afford one one day. Now, prices are 1.5k+, Im not going anywhere near one now...

lucasB
03-29-2006, 09:44 AM
The CM pieces are indeed very good but have to disagree with some peoples opinions that the Arnie is the best human likeness out there.
Show me a likeness that can better the SSW busts of 'Gandalf the White' and 'Saruman' and then I'll be impressed. Arnie, imo, isn't.

..first post here and have to disagree with you. I have both ssw busts you are talking about and neither can touch the cinemaquette arnold as far as realism and likeness are concerned. sorry. i saw the cinemaquette arnold and the likeness it's so real it's creepy...

Exar Kun
03-29-2006, 09:47 AM

Granted, the Alien, TX and Endo look very good but Aragorn looks awful, especially with the hair !

On another note, CM started with 1G prices and to me, I thought a little too high but I may be able to afford one one day. Now, prices are 1.5k+, Im not going anywhere near one now...

Difficult to judge. CM has only realeased one human likeness figure and to make a good comparison you would have to take a SS bust of Arnie AND the CM.

Regarding Aragorn, we should wait for the final one, and not always referring to the prototype.

These CM have to bee seen in real to be appreciated. I do not think it is even the same when it is exposed in some toyfairs (bright lights, you can't see them right in front of you becase of big display cases).

Besides, it is a young company in the market. True that, (maybe/I hope) in the future, the Arnie will appear to be not so good compared to other human statues from CM as they will get more experience (just see the detail leve in the first Attakus - which was already very good - and the recent ones).

robomorph
03-29-2006, 10:02 AM
The CM Arnie does bear a striking resemblance to the actor, but the only part that lets the likeness down a little are the eyes (find a close up of the CM Arnie's face and mask out the eyes and you'll see how spot-on it otherwise is). But it's not a big deal because he looks better in his shades anyway.

The eyes are always the hardest to get right, as any sculptor or modeler will tell you, and it's quite possible, as Exar suggests, that CM will find a way to further refine this element of their human likenesses.

In the meantime, I think the Arnie T-850 is a pretty damn good effort.

cap70
03-29-2006, 01:45 PM
The CM Arnie does bear a striking resemblance to the actor, but the only part that lets the likeness down a little are the eyes

Funny, but I prefer otherwise. I prefer to display mine WITHOUT the glasses since the likeness looks so perfect this way.
I believe G also display his without the glasses for most part. For each it's own.

Father_Jack
03-29-2006, 04:07 PM

Cap will you post some pics of your terminator CM's and the 1/4 premium ss statues pretty please?

Gruson
03-29-2006, 04:18 PM
Yes,

I prefer to have him with the glasses off as well.

I LOVE my CM Arnold. It's my favorite piece in my collection, next to my JP T-Rex.

Here are a couple of pictures for you. The Sideshow endo is in the right case because I still do not have my CM endo. It should be here next week.

There is NOTHING out there that is on the same level as CM...unless you want to spend a LOT of money on custom projects. Even those will not have silicone skin, which looks amazing and very real.

I will say that I did have to trim Arnold's hair a bit in the back and sides. It was too long and needed to be stylized more like the way he looked in T3. Now it's great.

If there were better pieces out there, I guarantee that cap, P1, and myself would own them. ;)

You can see how much bigger the CM pieces are.
http://www.crazywayco.com/x2.jpg

http://www.crazywayco.com/arn2.jpg

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/3647/terms5uq.jpg

Glitch
03-29-2006, 04:40 PM
Gruson,

That second pic looks FANTASTIC. Easily the best I've seen of that particular figure. It looks like the best compromise between the longer and shorter hair I've seen yet. Another one of the problems I've seen with this piece has been, because of the scale of the hair, the hairline tends to have a bit of a bad "hair plug" look to it. Perhaps it's because of the angle, but I don't see it as much with yours.

Even though I'm not a huge Terminator fan, if I knew the piece I would be getting looked exactly like that, I would place an my order in a heartbeat!

Nice stuff!

For the record, I'm REALLY close to placing an order for the T-800 Endo. It just absolutely blows the Sideshow piece away. What is the waiting period these days?

robomorph
03-29-2006, 05:43 PM
Fabulous acrylic cases and plinths, Gruson! Custom-made I take it?

Father_Jack
03-29-2006, 06:07 PM
Gruson very VERY immpresive!

RAY
03-29-2006, 06:45 PM
Anyone here from the U.K know where one can get a kick ass display case like Gruson's here in the U.K?

Gruson
03-29-2006, 07:00 PM
Thanks.

Everything is custom made.

I think we all know about www.casesforcollectibles.com

They make the acrylic cases any size you want them. cap and many others order from them.

As for the black pedestals, I have a local carpenter who works on trade show exhibits make them for me.

You can find some online as well but shipping can be expensive.

Ray, the acrylic cases should be easy to find. Lots of companies make them.
If you want a pedestal, just call up a local carpenter and tell him you want a pedestal with a black laminate finish. Easy as that. Mine are all 42" tall.

robomorph
03-29-2006, 08:33 PM
Thanks Gruson, actually I can't display my stuff right now because I'm on the brink of a house move, so everything is boxed up, but the way you've displayed your pieces is pretty much exactly my vision of how it should be done - almost minimalist, not too cluttered and with plenty of room for each piece. Very tasteful, looks superb ;)

RAY
03-30-2006, 01:55 PM
Ray, the acrylic cases should be easy to find. Lots of companies make them.
If you want a pedestal, just call up a local carpenter and tell him you want a pedestal with a black laminate finish. Easy as that. Mine are all 42" tall.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Gruson but im having trouble finding a place that dose these cases in the U.K, i found one guy on ebay who'd make me one for my CM piece but it would cost me £130.00 in total, thats like over $200. bucks!!! If i get it from the U.S shipping is a killer!!!

The search goes on.

robomorph
03-30-2006, 03:02 PM
Ray, have you tried:

http://www.dreamkeepers.co.uk/

I find them really good to deal with. (And they just lowered their prices a bit I believe).

Gruson
03-30-2006, 03:57 PM
Well,

No one said they are cheap. I think my CM cases cost around $150-$200 shipped and the pedestals were around that price as well.

cap70
03-30-2006, 07:27 PM
Yup, they aren't "cheap" but their prices are very good compared to other places, and their packaging and customer service are top notch as well. I have MANY acrylic cases from them, including some really big ones and couldn't be happier. Here's some exemples of their cases in my collection:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y104/Cacico/royals.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y104/Cacico/terminators.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y104/Cacico/collect4.jpg

El Diablo
03-30-2006, 07:53 PM
Wow cap you must have spent almost as much on cases as you have on the collectibles!
Have you posted pictures of your complete collection yet?
if not, when will the museum tour begin :buttrock:

robomorph
03-30-2006, 08:33 PM
Very nice Cap :) It's really the only way to display such high end collectibles.

The last time I had an acrylic case custom made, it was for an Alien Resurrection Replica Bust and it cost me £150 (about $255?). It really did display the piece well though, so I considered it money well spent.

I think when one buys such items as the Cinemaquette pieces, one simply has to factor the cost of a good display case into the final price.

Glitch
03-30-2006, 08:55 PM
Cap,

AMAZING stuff. I really like your style of display. I especially love what you did with the Attakus "Jabba's Palace" case. Theme displays really do a good job of accentuating the pieces within. When it all comes together - it's magic. That's going to look smokin' hot when they release Bib Fortuna and the Gamorrean Guard. However, you might need a bigger case.

I'd LOVE to see additional pics!

Exar Kun
03-31-2006, 04:34 AM
If one day I go again to Miami, Cap, you must organize a sightseeing tour of your collection ;) : it is a must to see in Miami now :laugh:

cap70
04-03-2006, 07:28 AM
Thanks a lot guys. :thumbs2:
Exar(and anyone here) you are welcome to stop by when you are in Miami. :)
El, the "museum" it's closed for maintance. LOL More pictures later for sure. :)

Edit: A picture of some of my PF's.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y104/Cacico/moviewall3.jpg

robomorph
04-04-2006, 01:54 PM
Lol, that post did me a favour because I'm about to buy the Kong Vs V-Rex statue and have the same cabinets as you, Cap. Now I KNOW it won't fit in there. :(

Big respect to your awesome collection. :buttrock:

Ish
04-04-2006, 01:58 PM
Thanks a lot guys. :thumbs2:
Exar(and anyone here) you are welcome to stop by when you are in Miami.
El, the "museum" it's closed for maintance. LOL More pictures later for sure.

Edit: A picture of some of my PF's.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y104/Cacico/moviewall3.jpg
good to know. :eplus2:

thx217
04-04-2006, 02:00 PM
You are a bad man, Cap. :D

cap70
04-04-2006, 02:02 PM
Lol, that post did me a favour because I'm about to buy the Kong Vs V-Rex statue and have the same cabinets as you, Cap. Now I KNOW it won't fit in there. :(

Big respect to your awesome collection. :buttrock:

Thanks man. :) And no, you won't that Kong vs Rex piece inside the Detolf, even IF it fit'd. Trust me. It's way too heavy. Only on the bottom. I get worried cause it's on top and it's very heavy that I feel afraid it will crash the stand someday!

This is a more recent picture of this side of my room. Still moving things around. The CM TX will be removed from there and kept in a wall dedicated only to the CM pieces. The SS 1/4 Predator Maquette will take it's place on top, besides the Predator bust.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y104/Cacico/wall6.jpg

robomorph
04-04-2006, 02:13 PM
Okay you can quit now Cap I'm gettin waaaaay too jealous! lol!

Damn, you really should charge an admission price -- I'd pay to see a museum like this! :)

DetroitSportsFan
04-04-2006, 10:17 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y104/Cacico/wall6.jpg

Hey Cap,

Are the display cabinets you have your PFs in from Ikea? They look like this one:
http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?topcategoryId=15561&catalogId=10103&storeId=12&langId=-1&parentCats=15561*15639*15645&productId=11638

cap70
04-04-2006, 10:53 PM
Hi D, yup. :)

DetroitSportsFan
04-04-2006, 11:44 PM
Cool, I didn't think it could hold that kind of weight. Good to see. :thumbs2:

The Ikea store here is opening in June. I guess I'll have some shopping to do.

cap70
04-05-2006, 02:46 AM
Yup, I would LOVE to have an Ikea around. Unfortunetly, I need to pay $$$$ on shipping. :(
So when I order, I make sure to order a lot of things since shipping costs don't change too much as per my expereince

Skulpturen
04-05-2006, 03:55 AM
Cap, you're collection is beautiful!

You should open a museum and make a living from that :laugh:

cap70
04-05-2006, 06:10 AM
Cap, you're collection is beautiful!

You should open a museum and make a living from that :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks Las, not there yet! Who knows someday!