PDA

View Full Version : Batman Staue help appreciated :)

The Batfan
01-01-2006, 09:29 PM
HI
I got a question, I was going thru some storage last week and found a old mold and staute I had bought back in 2000 or 2001 at wondercon. It is a frank miller looking Batman statue(looks identical to the tiny statue in the DC Direct A Dark Winters Knight) , I had forgotten I bought it till I found it the box I had it stored in the guys name was Tony C. I remeber that he told me he had built the kit and made like 15 of them the statue I bought with the mold has # 8 on the bottom and he offered to sell me the mold and said I could produce them as he was no long interested in doing them. I was thinking of producing them and well it got put in storage and the mold was unusuable so it went in the garbage but I had one statue that after alot of putty work and priming(the statue I have the resin has turned almost orange and the resin smells like diesel fuel)I thougth about selling them(would anyone be interested??) I could make a mold off the statue I have. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the statue and if the guy I bought it from was the Sculptor ( I do not want to be a dreaded recaster). I found a statue that looks almost identical(head looks different on mine) to it on the molehill groups Batman model musem I will attach a pic below of the one I found and a few of mine. you guys are the resin kit experts would appreciate the help

thanks
The Batfan

Ish
01-01-2006, 09:42 PM
the paited one looks pretty good any info on that one?

bane
01-01-2006, 09:51 PM
Looks an awful lot like the Dark Winters knight FS by Paquette , but without the grave base.

The Batfan
01-01-2006, 09:58 PM
which one bane? I thought I had every Batman staute that DC Direct did and I don't have one anywhere like this one

Ish
01-01-2006, 09:59 PM
me too, more info.

The Batfan
01-01-2006, 10:03 PM
Ish I got pic of the painted one on the http://museum.theclubhouse1.net/batman2.htm
I have never seen but 2 of these painted, If enuff people are interested and I dont find that the guy lied that he was the original sculptor that I might produce some of these. Like I said I have had this since 2000 or 2001 and never seen them at any show so I figure he must have been telling the truth.

Zurbaran1
01-01-2006, 10:07 PM
It definitely is modeled after the Paquet Dark Winter's Knight where Batman is standing over his parent's grave. Sounds like you may have gotten this from Tony Cipriano. I could see this as a piece of his. If that's the case he would in all likelihood be the sculptor as well, You should know though that a kit of this or an extremely similar statue is already out there.

Zurbaran1
01-01-2006, 10:12 PM
which one bane? I thought I had every Batman staute that DC Direct did and I don't have one anywhere like this one

DC Direct did not do this as a retail product. The piece scultped by Paquet is almost legendary. He sculpted it and made something like a dozen casts which he painted and gave to DC executives as gifts. They are extremely rare and when they do turn up on ebay go for around $2000. DC Direct did take the image and turn it into the Dark Winter's Knight Snowglobe. And as I said in my prior post there is also a kit out there of this piece.

Ish
01-01-2006, 10:15 PM
It definitely is modeled after the Paquet Dark Winter's Knight where Batman is standing over his parent's grave. Sounds like you may have gotten this from Tony Cipriano. I could see this as a piece of his. If that's the case he would in all likelihood be the sculptor as well, You should know though that a kit of this or an extremely similar statue is already out there.
where may be intersted in getting one. :)

leks
01-01-2006, 10:16 PM
Yeh as I recall it was a promo piece I remember saving the last auction on ebay for it should have the pics I can prolly dig that up.... if not in 5 minutes maybe tomorrow ;)

leks
01-01-2006, 10:19 PM
Not too difficult to backtrack...

http://212.123.6.129/test/paquetup.jpg

Zurbaran1
01-01-2006, 10:21 PM
where may be intersted in getting one. :)

You mean the kit? Amoktime had them.

The Batfan
01-01-2006, 10:26 PM
Dont know why the dude would have sold me a mold and all, back in 2000 or 2001 if he was not the sculptor wonder if this was a casting off the Paquet or he saw it and did his own version. Now that I think I do remeber all they hype on that piece way back in the day from the people I knew at DC. hmm so if I make a mold off mine and made some would I be a recaster YIKES The mold I bought was garbage from sitting in a box for the last 5/6 years but hate to see I wasted the money I spent I think I paid the guy 500 bucks back then :banghead:

Ish
01-01-2006, 10:27 PM
You mean the kit? Amoktime had them.
had? i don't remember seeing it in their displaycases.

The Batfan
01-01-2006, 10:29 PM
that and the one I have are silmilar but differences in the face,cowl and cape

The Batfan
01-01-2006, 10:29 PM
yeah I never saw them at any shows from Amottime

Zurbaran1
01-01-2006, 10:30 PM
had? i don't remember seeing it in their displaycases.

Well I do. He definitely had one on display. But even if it's not on display he might still have the kits.

Zurbaran1
01-01-2006, 10:31 PM
Dont know why the dude would have sold me a mold and all, back in 2000 or 2001 if he was not the sculptor wonder if this was a casting off the Paquet or he saw it and did his own version. Now that I think I do remeber all they hype on that piece way back in the day from the people I knew at DC. hmm so if I make a mold off mine and made some would I be a recaster YIKES The mold I bought was garbage from sitting in a box for the last 5/6 years but hate to see I wasted the money I spent I think I paid the guy 500 bucks back then :banghead:

Well I can assure you, if "the dude" was Tony Cipriano he sculpted it himself. He is one of the top sculptors in the world. He would never take a casting off someone else's work. If Tony C is someone else, then I would have no idea.

The Batfan
01-01-2006, 10:37 PM
ok here is another pic of mine from similar angle

leks
01-01-2006, 10:42 PM
Looks like someone got inspired and made his own version I can post a backside pic ;) gimme min., that should settle this.

The Batfan
01-01-2006, 10:46 PM
I use to know Tony Cipriano was actully talking about him the other day with Scott Fensterer of protohypestudios.I have not talked to him(Tony Cipriano)in years maybe I did get this from him.Just cant remeber due to medical reason my memory is shot. Thanks for all the help so far
Ps how do I get my pics to be larger not small when I post them?

The Batfan
01-01-2006, 10:52 PM
here is a pic of the back of mine

leks
01-01-2006, 11:00 PM
ok here's the back of the paquet one the other pic is for reference of the feet sticking out...

http://212.123.6.129/test/d9_3.JPG

http://212.123.6.129/test/d8_3.JPG

You can get your pics embedded as big as you like only if you can host them yourself somewhere else and than use that link here.

Sniper
01-01-2006, 11:02 PM
Looks an awful lot like the Dark Winters knight FS by Paquette , but without the grave base.
indeed!!!

Sniper
01-01-2006, 11:03 PM
Not too difficult to backtrack...

http://212.123.6.129/test/paquetup.jpg
I love this one! :buttrock:

The Batfan
01-01-2006, 11:03 PM
yeah alot of difference in the 2 been a long time since I had seen pics of that but now I remeber it. might have to do my own moke up of that. Is that Paquete one yours?
If so sweet grab

The Batfan
01-01-2006, 11:07 PM
ok lets see if this works
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/The_Batfan/angle.jpg
I was trying to fix all the bad spots in it and prime it

The Batfan
01-01-2006, 11:08 PM
and here is the back of mine
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/The_Batfan/back.jpg

The Batfan
01-01-2006, 11:14 PM
ok and last pic here is better angle to the front to say it I think the one I have is better looking the ears on paquete's look to be too small and the face on mine has more details Oh well who am I just my humble opinion
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/The_Batfan/front2.jpg
this one is taller than the Paquet one this one is 7 1/4" to the top of the ears with no base at all

leks
01-01-2006, 11:17 PM
Is that Paquete one yours?
If so sweet grab

No I wish, but maybe sometime in the future who knows.

Btw. noticed the auction from barsom where I saved these pics from is still accessible....

http://cgi.ebay.com/BATMAN-WILLIAM-PAQUET-SIGNED-RARE-STATUE_W0QQitemZ6565235971

Glad I could help, hope the sculptor responds here, our tony c ;) is a great sculptor.

The Batfan
01-01-2006, 11:22 PM
cool , yeah I have not talked to THE Tony C. in forever will have to look for him on the forum. Maybe I will make some of these up if anyone is interested I hate to go ahead and paint this one and then not be able to do anything with it. just glad I did not throw that box of stuff out without looking in it

wizard-comics
01-02-2006, 01:31 AM
the pose reminds me of the kit with Batman standing in front of his parents grave....sculpt looks the same to me

Sniper
01-02-2006, 01:39 AM
man I would have loved a paquet version of that statue!

Ish
01-02-2006, 01:41 AM
you and me both.

The Batfan
01-02-2006, 01:56 AM
well if anyone wants one of these let me know I think I might make some if people are interested.
thanks

Sniper
01-02-2006, 02:23 AM
well if anyone wants one of these let me know I think I might make some if people are interested.
thanks
I would want one like the paquet with the tombstone

Ish
01-02-2006, 02:25 AM
I would want one like the paquet with the tombstone
me too.

The Batfan
01-02-2006, 02:37 AM
all I have is the Batman statue but I will work on the monument and base and see what I can come up with

bane
01-02-2006, 07:59 PM
Folowed up the auction from Barsom but he ended it early , was interested in the model but still haven't ordered it yet , but it is still for sale .

http://www.amoktime.com/images/mksh/mk357b.jpg

In the middle of the page.

kar-kar
01-02-2006, 08:14 PM
Put me down for one along with the tombstone would be sweet.

wolverinejedi007
01-02-2006, 10:17 PM
The Batmanprofessor is good friends with Paquet and has one of these. The Batmanprofessor also told me Paquet had this guy end the auction cause he didn't want this being sold on e-bay, for his own reasons I guess.

Paquet give-th and take-th away...

Sniper
01-02-2006, 11:33 PM
The Batmanprofessor is good friends with Paquet and has one of these. The Batmanprofessor also told me Paquet had this guy end the auction cause he didn't want this being sold on e-bay, for his own reasons I guess.

Paquet give-th and take-th away...
DAMN IT ~!~~ :banghead:

superash
01-02-2006, 11:44 PM
how much?

The Batfan
01-03-2006, 12:26 AM
now I am confused I found the one Bane posted looks almost idential aside from the cowl,sounds odd but I have had this in storage for at Least 5 years and bought the mold to produce the kits from a guy saying he was the person who sculpted it, now I am wondering if the person who made the kit (that Amoktime has)made a casting off of one of the statues that came from the mold I had and sold them to Amoktime. Being this is Not a licensed item kind of in a odd situation. Guess this is why you should always get a contract or something in writing, but I was at the show which I now remeber was not wondercon(always say wondercon when I mean Wonderfest too many Wonders out there LOL) but Wonderfest in Ky which usally attend.Thanks for the post Bane Guess I will just scrap the idea to make any kits as I do not want to be thougt of as a recaster even thou I have had this kit for at least 5 years and Had(I threw it away last week since it was not usable)the mold to this statue. I really appreciate everyones help