PDA

View Full Version : OK, I'm not gonna b**** about it, but..

cblakey1
01-04-2006, 03:23 PM
.. here's what my afternoon at my LCS will look like:

Silver Age FF Human Torch 85
Batman B & W Kubert 55
Beta Ray Bill 60
Goon Franky 40
Capt America 50

:confused2

Collection King 13
01-04-2006, 03:24 PM
Yikes!

nbr3bagshotrow
01-04-2006, 03:25 PM
IMO, I'd save my money on the HT Silver age.

jimi311
01-04-2006, 03:27 PM
Pics?

cblakey1
01-04-2006, 07:50 PM
IMO, I'd save my money on the HT Silver age.

Don't like it huh, #3?

Do you have it or have you seen one yet in person?

I wasn't too thrilled with the diorama but like the Torch, so I picked it up.

It's definitely the best of all the sculpts.

:buttrock:

boondocksaint
01-04-2006, 07:55 PM
which cap?

cblakey1
01-04-2006, 08:01 PM
which cap?

Good question! :confused:

I'll tell you when I get it tomorrow.

boondocksaint
01-04-2006, 08:08 PM
Good question! :confused:

I'll tell you when I get it tomorrow.

damn CB you dont even know what your ordering now!!!!!!? :laugh:

Jameshowlett
01-04-2006, 09:04 PM
Hey CB, I've seen the HT in person and I loved it.Just got Thing FS and Mr. F and IW.I hav to get a HT still. You got one for $85.00? Thats insane! That dio was the inspiration for me to start collecting statues instaed of just comics.

nbr3bagshotrow
01-04-2006, 09:22 PM
Don't like it huh, #3?

Do you have it or have you seen one yet in person?

I wasn't too thrilled with the diorama but like the Torch, so I picked it up.

It's definitely the best of all the sculpts.

:buttrock:
Yeah, don't care for it. Saw it in person at SDCC. I haven't been too thrilled with DST's dioramas. I had the X-men silver age and ended up selling it. Luckily Marvel Girl was going up in price so I was able to sell it all and not take a loss. I picked upt the Wolverine and Psylocke modern era's and after seeing the set at SDCC I decided I wasn't going to get the rest and sold the Wolvie and Psylocke. Their dioramas haven't impressed me.

cblakey1
01-05-2006, 12:08 AM
Yeah, don't care for it. Saw it in person at SDCC. I haven't been too thrilled with DST's dioramas. I had the X-men silver age and ended up selling it. Luckily Marvel Girl was going up in price so I was able to sell it all and not take a loss. I picked upt the Wolverine and Psylocke modern era's and after seeing the set at SDCC I decided I wasn't going to get the rest and sold the Wolvie and Psylocke. Their dioramas haven't impressed me.

Yeah, would've been happier if he were higher in the air like on the cover that inspired it.

I'm with ya on the Silver Age X-Men. Maybe I'll sell mine too! The whole baggy costume thing turns me off, but the $$ Marvel Girl is getting makes it an attractive fence! I'd have to keep Beast though... great pose!

cblakey1
01-05-2006, 12:12 AM
damn CB you dont even know what your ordering now!!!!!!? :laugh:

Honestly! :stick: I've got so much on preorder that my LCS can just throw something in and say I ordered it. I have no clue. :rolleyes2 When I was sorting through my stuf recently and saw two of the same busts here and there, I figured that my LCS was taking advantage of me so I've really cut back on buying from them.

I'm am getting better now though.. starting to keep spreadsheets of preorders. I am so tempted to sum the MSRP column but I know that I'd freak if I did - so I won't. :laugh:

cblakey1
01-05-2006, 12:14 AM
You got one for $85.00? Thats insane!

$85.00 is bad?

Virsago
01-05-2006, 12:22 AM
$85.00 is bad?
You should get a discount, if I wanted to buy that Human Torch I would pay -20%=$68.
If I had to buy anything at retail price I don't think I would buy many busts or statues.

cblakey1
01-05-2006, 12:30 AM
You should get a discount, if I wanted to buy that Human Torch I would pay -20%=$68.
If I had to buy anything at retail price I don't think I would buy many busts or statues.

That's why I've diverted most all of my business from my LCS to other avenues. Look, if they ain't gonna hook up a customer who spends so much money there, then it's too bad for them! LCS loyalty begats Customer loyalty (or something like that).

Sniper
01-05-2006, 12:53 AM
pic of capt?

Wolverine1
01-05-2006, 06:55 AM
I like the FF dio.

Jameshowlett
01-05-2006, 02:50 PM
$85.00 is bad?

I meant insane meaning good apposed to insane meaning insane :laugh:
BUT i actually thought you were talking about bowens HT! I guess I forgot where I was. I have no opinion on the silvera ge dio since I'v never seen it in person.
I did get the Jim Lee X-men line and took it down recently to make room for other stuff.
The other dios that DST have put out do look cheesy,I was gonna get the X-men Vs. Phoenix one but once i saw how bad wolverine looked I'v been turned off DST's larger statues now. It's like their quality has taken a serious nose dive.the larger statues in particular.

cblakey1
01-05-2006, 02:54 PM
I was gonna get the X-men Vs. Phoenix one but once i saw how bad wolverine looked I'v been turned off DST's larger statues now. It's like their quality has taken a serious nose dive.the larger statues in particular.

Yah, of that diorama I'm just gonna get the gals and maybe Nightcrawler. The others in the group aren't that great, IMO.

yorick
01-05-2006, 02:59 PM
That's why I've diverted most all of my business from my LCS to other avenues. Look, if they ain't gonna hook up a customer who spends so much money there, then it's too bad for them! LCS loyalty begats Customer loyalty (or something like that).

Good...When I first read your list, the voice in my head was screaming "why, the he** is he paying full SRP??!!!?!?!" That many statues even if you weren't a regular customer, warrants a discount...

cblakey1
01-05-2006, 08:31 PM
which cap?

The MU Minibust.

I call him big dummy Cap 'cause he reminds me of those fat neck doofuses who hang out at the Gym. No offense to muscle heads ifthere are any on the forum! :buttrock:

This is one heavy bust!

cblakey1
01-05-2006, 08:35 PM
Yeah, would've been happier if he were higher in the air like on the cover that inspired it.

Well, here he is. Again, the position is really stupid but the sculpt is nice. If it were backlit, it would really look good! :buttrock: