PDA

View Full Version : Kotobukiya newbie

sellin71
01-14-2006, 03:21 PM
Judging from the pictures, these look great. I have never seen any of these in person. Can someone tell me how they look in comparison to the GG statues?

Juggernaut
01-14-2006, 04:29 PM
I dont have any GG statues yet.

But the Koto Starwars line does look very good. My favorites are Boba Fett and the troopers.

I would like some pics of the GG and Koto line together if that is possible?

I would appreciated it.

Grievous
01-14-2006, 06:45 PM
I used to collect the line and while the sculpts and paint apps were fantastic, I could not get past that these were nothing more than vinyl model kits. Needless to say I sold what I had and haven't looked back. These were not worth the price tag.

Haste05
01-14-2006, 09:13 PM
I disagree Grievous. These are very high quality, and in my opinion look better than the Gentle Giant statues. A lot more are coming out, much better poses and character choice. For example, the darth maul gentle giant statue is of dm just standing there. The Koto is of him in a killer battle pose. I have the darth maul koto and must say it is fantastic. I had no problem accepting that they are made of vinyl. Makes them easier to move, look just the same as the polystone statues. Start Collecting koto's, you will not be disappointed.

El Diablo
01-14-2006, 10:08 PM
I disagree Grievous. These are very high quality, and in my opinion look better than the Gentle Giant statues. A lot more are coming out, much better poses and character choice. For example, the darth maul gentle giant statue is of dm just standing there. The Koto is of him in a killer battle pose. I have the darth maul koto and must say it is fantastic. I had no problem accepting that they are made of vinyl. Makes them easier to move, look just the same as the polystone statues. Start Collecting koto's, you will not be disappointed.
I echo those comments. I have the darth maul, vader and clone trooper and i`m very happy with them all. In particular (as haste said) maul`s pose is excellent and infact one of the most dynamic i`ve seen. You really won`t be dissapointed with these :thumbs2:

Giant Collector
01-14-2006, 10:35 PM
The koto statues are very good even though they are vinyl, I have Vader ep III, Maul, Boba, Sandtrooper, Stormtrooper, I also have the GG Vader but have no batteries for my camera at the moment, but will take a picture of the 2 Vaders together and post them for you sometime during the week if no one else has.

sellin71
01-14-2006, 11:11 PM
Great, I think I am going to start with Vader.

Wooktroop
01-14-2006, 11:16 PM
start with a boba

sellin71
01-15-2006, 01:49 AM
start with a boba

I take it, that it looks better than Darth?

starwarsnut
01-15-2006, 06:57 AM
Hi All

I have to say there is no caparison between GG or Koto in my opnion for what its worth GG make the finest busts and statues even far better than Attakus. The Koto range has improved from the earlier released figures as the detail has become far greater. The finest of their range is Boba (best by far, I'm bias as a boba nut)Clone Troopers especialy Eps 3, both Vaders and of course the Snow Trooper which is totaly amazing. Do not touch chewie (the worst ever) Yoda or Han they are apalling. Always look on Ebay for good deals as at the RRP they are far overpriced.

Giant Collector
01-15-2006, 07:47 AM
start with a boba

Yeah this would be my opinion as well he is the best Koto I have at the moment.

d rod
01-15-2006, 08:31 AM
jango is very sweet as well. i love this line. all i sell are porcelain statues and these are the only vinyls i carry due to quality. they are incredible. from a distance you would think they are porcelain. i do have to say that their bases are bad though.

Juggernaut
01-15-2006, 10:30 AM
I take it, that it looks better than Darth?

No Darth is great the first one I might add.

To me why Boba is a little better than Darth is because of the cape it looks plastic.

Juggernaut
01-15-2006, 05:39 PM
I dont have any GG statues yet.

But the Koto Starwars line does look very good. My favorites are Boba Fett and the troopers.

I would like some pics of the GG and Koto line together if that is possible?

I would appreciated it.

Is there no one that can post just one pic of a GG statue next to a Kotobukiya statue?

I would appreciate it.

Giant Collector
01-15-2006, 06:53 PM
Is there no one that can post just one pic of a GG statue next to a Kotobukiya statue?

I would appreciate it.

Will do as soon as I get some batteries for my camera as long as no one beats me to it.

Haste05
01-15-2006, 07:02 PM
I have Chewbacca and I like him. Looks just as good as the chewie released by GG.

Juggernaut
01-15-2006, 07:04 PM
Will do as soon as I get some batteries for my camera as long as no one beats me to it.

Cool, thanks.

Haste05
01-15-2006, 07:04 PM
By the way,
I have:
EpV Yoda
Darth Vader Ep3
Darth Maul
Chewbacca
Obi Wan Ep2
Jango Fett

I have seen Boba, and although it is done very well I do not like the pose. I would go with Jango Fett over Boba Fett.

Giant Collector
01-18-2006, 07:30 AM

I would appreciate it.

Here you go Jug Koto Vader and Boba next to the GG Vader, sorry the pics aint to great

Juggernaut
01-18-2006, 10:35 AM
Here you go Jug Koto Vader and Boba next to the GG Vader, sorry the pics aint to great

Thanks. The pics are good enough for me.

The GG statues are a little bit bigger than the koto line. I thaught they had the same size.

Giant Collector
01-18-2006, 10:54 AM
Thanks. The pics are good enough for me.

The GG statues are a little bit bigger than the koto line. I thaught they had the same size.

Yeah the GG ones are in 1/6 and the Koto are 1/7 scale, so a very slight difference but they do look ok together as long as you dont stand the same charachter to close together

sellin71
01-18-2006, 04:40 PM
Thanks for the pictures.

Jamesways
01-18-2006, 05:18 PM
Yeah the GG ones are in 1/6 and the Koto are 1/7 scale, so a very slight difference but they do look ok together as long as you dont stand the same charachter to close together

Especially if you use the GG vader next to your Kotos. Works well then. Vader is supposed to be that big.

Nayce
02-08-2006, 07:23 AM
I'm new to Koto collecting as well. I started with the Sandtrooper and ROTS Vader.
Waiting on a 501st trooper in the mail. Next will be a Shock Trooper or Snow Trooper.

Captain Britain
02-16-2006, 02:35 PM
All i have to say is that once i put my Boba on display everyone thought it was a "proper statue" until i told them to pick it up, my friends were blown away that it was vinyl.

I've since added the Scouttrooper and Vader to my collection as well as the Batman (which is the best Batman in any material IMHO).
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v668/KevCooke/20e59eae.jpg

However, i would say that it's best to see the kits in person before you buy them. I went with a friend to the local comic stores to look for a Sandtrooper for him and to be honest a lot of the kits had very poor paintjobs so we had to look around a bit before he got one that looked good

RodLonghi
02-18-2006, 05:53 PM
The GG pieces IMO are of a higher quality than the Koto pieces. The vinyl have a plastic feel on some of the figures, mostly the human ones. I used to have 3 Koto pieces, but sold them because it wasn't exactly what I was expecting, Vader 1, Jango and Obi Wan. The Jango looks great, if only he hasn't that fire behind him it would look way better.

sellin71
02-18-2006, 07:28 PM
That Batman looks awesome!!

chromesamurai
02-18-2006, 08:20 PM
See my SonofaBid auctions for the Ep.3 Vader and Clonetrooper.