PDA

View Full Version : Will show my displeasure...

daelith
01-14-2006, 04:51 PM
To all those who got the Gray Hulk, congrats!

Now to business.

I'm still pissed off about the Gray Hulk debacle and that's pretty much pushed me over the edge in terms of doing something other than ranting and raving. So...how bout an Anti-Sideshow page? We could call it "The Anti-Sideshow Page: Addiction Prevention" and list all of Sideshow's goofs, missteps, and possibly unkept promises (if you were the first 300 to purchase a Doom, I'll post the message where they implied that those customers were going to get something extra; REMEMBER TO COLLECT!). We can have horror stories, etc.

We can continue to be polystone-addicted slaves, but if we can save another individual from our fate (hell, I heard Bullseye suffered a heart attack the day he heard the Gray Hulk sold out), it will be worthy cause. It'll be good for a few laughs and could possibly push Sideshow to be more receptive to customer feedback on protoypes, put up better product, post more accurate pics, etc.

If anyone is with me on this one, feel free to PM me. I will need help translating it to various languages =) I'm a graphic designer/web developer by trade, so this should be fun ;)

Bullseye
01-14-2006, 04:57 PM
daelith don't bother with this campaign. It will do no good in the long run. I'm probably the biggest fan of their marvel line on these boards and i've missed out on the 'Grail' but you have to get over it. The best way you can make your point is not to buy their product, there are plenty of other ways to spend your hard earned dollars on either Bowen, Hard Hero or even DST. I don't plan on following you if you decide this line of action because i think that the sculptors working for SS deserve better. They have been kind enough to discuss their work with us on these very boards. You may not like Sideshow as a company and in a way i can understand but you can not put the jobs and careers of these awesome sculptors at risk. I've made my point and if anyone else wants to follow you on this campaign fair enough but i won't be supporting it.

Zurbaran1
01-14-2006, 05:31 PM
I have to agree with Bulls. Not to knock you or anything but this seems extremely silly. All this effort, for what? Something that in the end means absolutley nothing. I can only hope that you are this driven for things that really mean something. How about a page to fight poverty or world hunger. Hell maybe one to bring our boys home from Iraq. They're dying over there and for what?

Viking28
01-14-2006, 05:41 PM
To all those who got the Gray Hulk, congrats!

Now to business.

I'm still pissed off about the Gray Hulk debacle and that's pretty much pushed me over the edge in terms of doing something other than ranting and raving. So...how bout an Anti-Sideshow page? We could call it "The Anti-Sideshow Page: Addiction Prevention" and list all of Sideshow's goofs, missteps, and possibly unkept promises (if you were the first 300 to purchase a Doom, I'll post the message where they implied that those customers were going to get something extra; REMEMBER TO COLLECT!). We can have horror stories, etc.

We can continue to be polystone-addicted slaves, but if we can save another individual from our fate (hell, I heard Bullseye suffered a heart attack the day he heard the Gray Hulk sold out), it will be worthy cause. It'll be good for a few laughs and could possibly push Sideshow to be more receptive to customer feedback on protoypes, put up better product, post more accurate pics, etc.

If anyone is with me on this one, feel free to PM me. I will need help translating it to various languages =) I'm a graphic designer/web developer by trade, so this should be fun ;)

Wow next time I miss a exclusive maybe I should try to screw over my fellow collectors and start stomping my feet and screaming "I want one!I want one!It's not fair, I didn't get one! I hate you!"

You didnt get the Gray exclusive, ok instead of screaming and pounting that it's not fair and that they should up the edition size. Maybe you should be asking that the Green exclusive have a small L.E. number also. :inquisiti

risingstar
01-14-2006, 05:49 PM
Anti-campaigns bring down the integrity of the hobby...
Our rep as a whole has already been taking a beating of late.

The best way to show your displeasure is to simply stop purchasing their product. To try and get some bandwagaon going against a company as a whole seems way overkill because of a piece or two...

DetroitSportsFan
01-14-2006, 05:51 PM
Just cancel some/all of your orders with them in protest. If there's something you really want from them, just buy it off eBay. God knows you will get it cheaper than buying direct.
Let them know you shouldn't be camped out in front of your computer 24/7 to give them your money.

SolidLiquidFox
01-14-2006, 05:51 PM
Despite the Gray Hulk fiasco Sideshow is still a great company. When you compare them to, let's say Master Replicas for example, they do have their act together for the most part.

Boycotting them is your choice, but I don't think we should overlook all the good they have done and the cool stuff they are producing. It really is not fair. Let's say you luck out on the next surprise exclusive, would you feel the same way?

elwood49
01-14-2006, 05:53 PM
It'll be good for a few laughs and could possibly push Sideshow to be more receptive to customer feedback on protoypes, put up better product, post more accurate pics, etc.

Aside from the prototype pics, I have no problems with SS at all. They are probably more receptive to feedback than any other collectibles company I have dealt with. They have tons of contests, chats, and they have the best website in terms of wait list/cancellations of any collectibles company.

They're my company of choice, as well as many others's, and I don't think your website will be very frequented. You certainly will not get SS's attention by putting up such a site. As the old saying goes, you get more bees with honey than with vinegar.

DetroitSportsFan
01-14-2006, 05:56 PM
As the old saying goes, you get more bees with honey than with vinegar.

Then you get stung....
:laugh:

elwood49
01-14-2006, 06:04 PM
Then you get stung....
:laugh:

Maybe, but you don't increase the ES of the gray Hulk. ;)

daelith
01-14-2006, 06:31 PM
I missed out the Gray hulk, I'm pissed about it, but I never suggested that the ES be increased. SHOW ME A POST WHERE I SUGGESTED THAT.

To change the ES is wrong; hence I'm remind the folks that got in on the first 300 orders of Doom call and remind the SSC folks that they suggested in another forum that they could possibly get something special for that act.

As for too much work, the advantage of the internet is I can spread my message with very LITTLE work. As for saying it won't work, well, let me try it and we'll see how many hits I can generate...nothing gets me more worked up than a challenge.

Tetragrammaton
01-14-2006, 06:48 PM
I think everyone who pre-ordered the grey or green exclusives on the forum should cancel our orders in protest!

elwood49
01-14-2006, 06:59 PM
I missed out the Gray hulk, I'm pissed about it, but I never suggested that the ES be increased. SHOW ME A POST WHERE I SUGGESTED THAT.

No, but you want a "24 hour preorder period" where everybody gets one. :puke2:

I LOVE the small runs. Look how cheap most of the exclusives go for on Ebay. I want the value of my collection to appreciate, not drop like a rock as many of these exclusives have so far.

This wasn't a contest or a convention exclusive. Everybody had their fair shot to get one.

daelith
01-14-2006, 07:22 PM
No, but you want a "24 hour preorder period" where everybody gets one. :puke2:

I LOVE the small runs. Look how cheap most of the exclusives go for on Ebay. I want the value of my collection to appreciate, not drop like a rock as many of these exclusives have so far.

This wasn't a contest or a convention exclusive. Everybody had their fair shot to get one.

So you admit you misquoted me? That thread was asking for suggestions on how it should be handled and I offered a method. In my scenario, it's not like Sideshow would announce the 24 hour period, it could be 4-5 hours, whatever. That would allow us (the forum members/hardcore collectors) to be in place to order it. Whenever they place the cut, the ES would certainly be smaller (if that's what they intended).

P1X4R
01-14-2006, 07:32 PM
why not just post suggestions as to how they can improve their exclusive releases with serious collectors like us? i know they have the newsletter early pre-ordering scheme but most of us got caught offguard by this. how about offering an exclusives club membership similar to bowen? in any case i'm sure they had to have known that something like this would cause a storm. i don't think creating an anti-sideshow page would benefit us or them. i'm sure they are quite aware of how we feel about this type of exclusive.

sideshow as a company produces great products. i will continue to buy them as long as they make quality stuff.

darthrobbler
01-14-2006, 07:45 PM
Collecting is getting to be too much lately. Everybody is doing a limited variant sell your soul to the devil piece. Even Hasbro has come up with chase figures now(which is a croc o' sheet). They know they'll sell out, why care who gets it. And after it leaves their hands it is no longer their concern what the "collector"...cough...cough...flipper...does with the item.
These are just thoughts, not complaints or whinning.

speedracer
01-14-2006, 07:54 PM
I really thought i sucked when i didn't get a grey hulk...I really felt betrayed and left out by a company who i am supporting with my hard earned cash..

In fact i have been reading all the comments both pro and con and deciding how i should react to what sideshow (A company who i think is the current best in the polystone business in the present )..

I asked myself..Would i have bought the grey hulk if the run was just as high as the green???..I will truthfully answer that question with a resounding "NO"..I only really wanted it because it had a run of 50 and It would have been a grail and one of the focal points of my collection..In the future i will try to minimize missing items like this...but in this certain time I'm just going to shrug it off and enjoy my green one because it really is the better one of the two in all aspects except for the ES...

If Sideshow would make a run of Non-lighted grey ones which would in no way be connected to the grey lighted ones i would buy one because i collect all of the pieces of canale and viggiano from sideshow..I just think these guys are tops..There is a big difference between a additional piece for a stat or a repaint..I can live without the additional piece..but i would enjoy having a repaint..It would be nice to have..=)

Have a great day everybody..=)

Gruson
01-14-2006, 07:56 PM
Get over it.

Sideshow is probably the best collectibles company out there.

Great support and very good to their customers. They give away free items to collectors all the time.

darthrobbler
01-14-2006, 07:58 PM
I am a variant hoe(can't use the other spelling). I love them. I would buy one, but I like the lighted versions, so that is the one I would want. I think that is a great idea and makes the display have more action.
and...
I like the pretty lights....

speedracer
01-14-2006, 08:00 PM
I am a variant hoe(can't use the other spelling). I love them. I would buy one, but I like the lighted versions, so that is the one I would want. I think that is a great idea and makes the display have more action.
and...
I like the pretty lights....

I'm with you robbler i luv the lights.."look at the pretty lights" :tounge: ...hehehe

darthrobbler
01-14-2006, 08:03 PM
Get over it.

Sideshow is probably the best collectibles company out there.

Great support and very good to their customers. They give away free items to collectors all the time.
i think this is why everybody is upset. Because they are one of the best and people want to have the items for their collection.
Edition sizes matter little to me...I buy what I like...if it goes up in value, ROCK ON, if not I still like it.

JSA
01-14-2006, 08:06 PM
I'm as pissed as anybody else that missed the Grey Hulk, as I missed it by minutes.......
BUT I'm not going to run down Sideshow, as they are 99% top notch, with a 1%
allowance for trying new things - always with the customers in mind I believe.

Yes, I'm sad that I missed the Grey Hulk, but Sideshow is still tops in my book.

Now I'll whine for a bit: I WANNA GREY HULK DAMMIT!! GIMME!! GIMME!! :banghead: :bawling: :bawling:

JS :D

darthrobbler
01-14-2006, 08:11 PM
They do have OUTSTANDING customer service.

daelith
01-14-2006, 08:16 PM
Of all the comments on this post, I did have to make a second glance at the one that mentioned it would endanger the sculptors' jobs, as that is the last thing I want to do. I love their work and hence collected the Marvel Vs. line not caring whether the prices go up or down.

But therein we have a dilemma that needs to be discussed. How do you get them to listen without hurting them financially?

Think about it this way; if we all boycotted, then the sculptors are out of jobs. However, let's say Sideshow pulls lousy paint jobs, qc problems, etc. and we keep buying it...things just go downhill for us..and that's speaking for folks who not only value their collection, but for folks who just want to collect out of enjoyment.

For those who have the marvel line, you know their secondary prices are in the pits. Well, what are the chances Sideshow is going to up their edition sizes after this? And isn't it a bit scary to go towards that road where you might have 2 Exclusives and 2 Regular edition. Wonderful for the 50 who got it. But add the additional 2000 ES of the Green Ex. + 5000 Green + possibly down the road, 2000 Gray Regular, and you're looking at a lot of people who's collection values are going down the drain.

Are we looking at the first steps toward the comic statue meltdown similar to the comics meltdown of the 90's? Variants left and right.

I'm just praying they don't increase the #'s on the next few sculpts by too much...

darthrobbler
01-14-2006, 08:21 PM
You didn't hear the sirens going off? And the "meltdown imminent" voice over your speakers?

daelith
01-14-2006, 08:23 PM
You didn't hear the sirens going off? And the "meltdown imminent" voice over your speakers?

No, I missed the newsletter and didn't get to click on the link that said "meltdown imminent."

SolidLiquidFox
01-14-2006, 08:36 PM
Of all the comments on this post, I did have to make a second glance at the one that mentioned it would endanger the sculptors' jobs, as that is the last thing I want to do. I love their work and hence collected the Marvel Vs. line not caring whether the prices go up or down.

But therein we have a dilemma that needs to be discussed. How do you get them to listen without hurting them financially?

Think about it this way; if we all boycotted, then the sculptors are out of jobs. However, let's say Sideshow pulls lousy paint jobs, qc problems, etc. and we keep buying it...things just go downhill for us..and that's speaking for folks who not only value their collection, but for folks who just want to collect out of enjoyment.

For those who have the marvel line, you know their prices are in the pits. Well, what are the chances Sideshow is going to up their edition sizes after this? And isn't it a bit scary to go towards that road where you might have 2 Exclusives and 2 Regular edition. Wonderful for the 50 who got it. But add the additional 2000 ES of the Green Ex. + 5000 Green + possibly down the road, 2000 Gray Regular, and you're looking at a lot of people who's collection values are going down the drain.

Are we looking at the first steps toward the comic statue meltdown similar to the comics meltdown of the 90's? Variants left and right.

I'm just praying they don't increase the #'s on the next few sculpts by too much...

I remember those days in the 90's for the comics industry. I agree that it would not be pretty if that were to mirror over in the statues side. :puke2:

Hopefully the edition size for the Green Hulk Exclusive will remain small hence stressing the exclusivity of it.

C1eaN
01-14-2006, 08:47 PM
......Hopefully the edition size for the Green Hulk Exclusive will remain small hence stressing the exclusivity of it.

I think this will be the true 'horror story' of this release! Like many have said, "how can you be fair with 50 pieces?" and I agree totally!!! Having gotten past the upsetting loss of this I will be happy to have a green exclusive but I will likely cancel it if the ES is too high.

Some saw SS deviating from their release schedule as unfair, and I can't argue that point. I see the true error being that the green exclusive is still 'TBD'. They generated a buzz with the gray and will likely make the ES for the green anything but exclusive....I hope I am wrong.

Why else would the green be TBD? Unless I am mistaken all exclusives have ES assigned upon release. Again, I hope I am wrong but it doesn't look like it.

EDIT: ALso, many of the members here who did get in on this are trying to console those who didn't and I hope that is appreciated by those who missed out. I know at least one of you from a real life generous gesture when my family was in need and KNOW you to be well meaning. But PLZ remember your condolences are somewhat tempered by the fact that you are in a different boat. Kinda like the healthy guy consoling his buddy with 6 weeks to live.

pitchin4eva
01-14-2006, 09:04 PM
I think this will be the true 'horror story' of this release! Like many have said, "how can you be fair with 50 pieces?" and I agree totally!!! Having gotten past the upsetting loss of this I will be happy to have a green exclusive but I will likely cancel it if the ES is too high.

Some saw SS deviating from their release schedule as unfair, and I can't argue that point. I see the true error being that the green exclusive is still 'TBD'. They generated a buzz with the gray and will likely make the ES for the green anything but exclusive....I hope I am wrong.

Why else would the green be TBD? Unless I am mistaken all exclusives have ES assigned upon release. Again, I hope I am wrong but it doesn't look like it.

EDIT: ALso, many of the members here who did get in on this are trying to console those who didn't and I hope that is appreciated by those who missed out. I know at least one of you from a real life generous gesture when my family was in need and KNOW you to be well meaning. But PLZ remember your condolences are somewhat tempered by the fact that you are in a different boat. Kinda like the healthy guy consoling his buddy with 6 weeks to live.

but at least the unhealthy guy knows he has 6 weeks to live & can sort his house in order..............the healthy guy could step outside tomorrow & get knocked down by a bus.

2 ways to look at everything

daelith
01-14-2006, 09:41 PM

Oh ****...I didn't even think about that...I've been conditioned to order all VS. items and went to my cart without even looking at it. You're right, the other exclusives had #'s attached. I know for sure the WvS had the #, but can someone confirm that the # was revealed with the X-men vs. Sentinels as well?

Hoping for the best...

Zurbaran1
01-14-2006, 09:48 PM
Oh ****...I didn't even think about that...I've been conditioned to order all VS. items and went to my cart without even looking at it. You're right, the other exclusives had #'s attached. I know for sure the WvS had the #, but can someone confirm that the # was revealed with the X-men vs. Sentinels as well?

Hoping for the best...

Not always. There have been other exclusives with TBDs. Personally I wish they would just set the size in advance and then offer it so people know exactly what they are getting.

pitchin4eva
01-14-2006, 09:50 PM
sentinel diorama exclusive was TBD for roughly 2 weeks b4 es came up as 650

daelith
01-14-2006, 09:54 PM
And if memory serves me correctly, it took some time to sell out didn't it? So given that, we're looking at an exclusive # based on 2 weeks' worth of sales + overhead. Hehe, we need to have a poll to guess the number!

C1eaN
01-14-2006, 10:00 PM
Lurtz PF was 750 at release......

...and for the record I'm not comparing missing gray to dying ;)

EDIT: I gotta tell ya....90% of my frustration with this is based on the relase timing etc. If they keep this up....who's to say they won't release a Balrog maquette in the PF line the same way?

I am eager to see the collecting community demand some consistency in the future rather than demand SS to "fix" already spilled milk.

Super Serg
01-14-2006, 10:11 PM
daelith,
Have you put yourself on the waitlist?

Sorry to hear that you didn't get the item you wanted, BUT life goes on.
I mean, isn't that the way life goes? Hasn't there been COUNTLESS times
where there's been something you've wanted but just didn't get? Be strong
& get over your OCD collectibles addiction. At the end of the day,this is
supposed to be FUN! :)

My suggestion? Buy 2 of the Green version & have a talented painter from
this board paint 1 of them gray.
:eplus2:

*ss*

oxbeard
01-14-2006, 11:15 PM
Not always. There have been other exclusives with TBDs. Personally I wish they would just set the size in advance and then offer it so people know exactly what they are getting.

That's one of the reasons I have been very impressed with the recent 12" exclusive preorders. ES listed at the time the preorder goes up. I don't really mind the TBD on regular versions, but exclusives I think should have a set ES from the beginning.

SolidLiquidFox
01-15-2006, 02:41 AM
That's one of the reasons I have been very impressed with the recent 12" exclusive preorders. ES listed at the time the preorder goes up. I don't really mind the TBD on regular versions, but exclusives I think should have a set ES from the beginning.

I agree as long as is not a Gray Hulk marketing stunt. If you are releasing 2 exclusives then don't give away the edition size until you sold out of the more limited one.

daelith
01-15-2006, 02:59 AM
Not so much pissed that I missed the Hulk as I am mad at their policies that led to this predicament and their insistence that this was giving back to "loyal customers." In the SSF forum people have a chance to win the opportunity to buy it from a very generous member who was flipping it to pay tuition; I declined.

And although some people suggest that they add a Gray regular edition to make up for it, I'm deadset against it...that would set a very dangerous precedent...

Lynxje
01-15-2006, 01:05 PM
If you're that much against the way Sideshow does business you should quit buying their stuff, otherwise don't bother. I understand people are pissed at it Gray Hulk thing but I still prefer it to companies like Attakus and MR re-releasing the same 'limited' items with only a few differences....