PDA

View Full Version : PSP Video help

Zurbaran1
01-14-2006, 09:37 PM
I got a pretty good deal on a 2GB Memory stick duo so I figure I'll try to put some movies on it for the PSP. Went out and got the PSP X Studio software which includes PSP Video 9 and DVD Decrypter. Grabbed my Matrix DVD and gave it a go. Ripped it using Decryper and converted it with PSP Video and put it on my PSP and it worked! Well, sort of. I somehow got the version with the commentary, not the actual movie. In the input window on Decrypter you pick which file(s) off the DVD you want to rip. Problem is you can't (or maybe it's really, I can't) tell what's what. You se a bunch of VTS_XX and under that: PGC X (02:00:00) and so on. I know the numbers in the parens are the running time so you can pretty much tell which ones contain the movie but there are sometimes 4 or 5 of those. How do you tell them apart or even what they are? I guess the one I picked ripped and then converted was the commentary version. If anybody out there understands what I am talking about, gimme a hand, please. Also, once you put it on the PSP and you go to the video selection how do you get video to run in that tiny window instead of just the video symbol. Thanks!

Ghost
01-19-2006, 04:13 PM
Which one did you pick Zurb? Normally the first one listed is just the movie, the following would then be, commentary, and different languages. The good thing about all that is that you can keep trying without really losing any space. So trial by error!

Zurbaran1
01-19-2006, 04:21 PM
Which one did you pick Zurb? Normally the first one listed is just the movie, the following would then be, commentary, and different languages. The good thing about all that is that you can keep trying without really losing any space. So trial by error!

Yeah I sort of figured it out. I've been using DVD Decrypter with PSP Video 9. Trial and error is cool but it can be time consuming. These files do take a while to convert.

Ghost
01-19-2006, 04:36 PM
Hey you bought it!!! :D

wizard-comics
02-11-2006, 02:42 PM
how many movies do you think you can put on the 2 gig sitck?`

Wooktroop
02-11-2006, 02:56 PM
i picked up the 2GB card aswell
getting ready to dive into this
and now i want one of these
http://cgi.ebay.com/DATEL-4-GB-HARD-DRIVE-SONY-PSP-NIB-X2-BATTERY-USB-2-0_W0QQitemZ8259147358QQcategoryZ122516QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

boondocksaint
02-11-2006, 03:07 PM
can anyone do a few movies for me? ill pay ya

Wooktroop
02-11-2006, 03:13 PM
can anyone do a few movies for me? ill pay ya

looks like you can just buy a ton of ripped movies and games on dvd ready to be copied to your playstation on ebay

boondocksaint
02-11-2006, 03:47 PM
looks like you can just buy a ton of ripped movies and games on dvd ready to be copied to your playstation on ebay

for the psp?

Wooktroop
02-11-2006, 04:04 PM
for the psp?
moives
http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-PSP-Platinum-Movie-And-Game-Set_W0QQitemZ8258987353QQcategoryZ91514QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
games
http://cgi.ebay.com/60-PSP-GAMES-DOWNGRADER-PLATINUM-6-DVD-SET-GOLD_W0QQitemZ8259005568QQcategoryZ91514QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Zurbaran1
02-11-2006, 04:44 PM
how many movies do you think you can put on the 2 gig sitck?`

You can get 2 average size movies on a 2GB stick. I've ripped my entire LOTR extended trilogy onto my PC and watched them on my PSP. Since the extended versions are on 2 DVDs I would put Part 1 on the stick watch it and then put on part two. I found that the extended versions ran about 1.3 GB for part 1 and around 1 GB for Part 2 so you can't get the entire film on a stick. But you can get anything around 3 hours or less onto one as well as 2 movies coming in at around 90 minutes. The 2GB sticks rock.