PDA

View Full Version : Bowen Horror Story

bomen
10-22-2004, 12:41 PM
I've seen a few mentions here about chipping, outright dropping, etc. a Bowen bust or FS. What's your worst Bowen Horror Story as such?

Mine follows, but I've been lucky.....

My younger son, then 12, was helping me dust busts, using a soft paintbrush, was always very gentle and conscious of their delicateness. so however he did it, he picked up Cyclops and went to brush side of the head...the brush metal band surrounding bristles tapped side of the visor and (what i think now) a defective slight (bubble) of gold paint flecked off...size of a pin's flathead..like 1/16" across..definitely enough to see. My son was absolutely mortified.....all eyes from the neck up. and tearing up to say the least.

No bad ending here, kept it in perspective, touched Cyke's up and he still helps me to this day. A good kid in spite of his abusive bust nature! :D

Ok. Somebody raise the Horror Level...

abarron
10-22-2004, 12:59 PM
So far no horror stories but my fathom bust has a slight paint defect but across on the Aspen boards it sounds a common ploblem with paint not being dry before the were packaged or summat but how its displayed you can't tell anyway

galactus
10-22-2004, 12:59 PM
I've seen ZURB, NBR and CK13, at the same time, eating Hamburgers, in CT.

HA, beat that!!!!!

Zurbaran1
10-22-2004, 01:09 PM

HA, beat that!!!!!

I can beat that easy. I've seen GALACTUS, NBR and CK13, at the same time, eating hamburgers, also in CT.

galactus
10-22-2004, 01:32 PM
I can beat that easy. I've seen GALACTUS, NBR and CK13, at the same time, eating hamburgers, also in CT.

A HA, was eating URANUS, not a Hamburger!!

Wait, that's not good... :confused2

Collection King 13
10-22-2004, 02:04 PM
I can top that... I was with Galactus, Zurb, Tony Coca, & Sniper and I had to watch them eat chicken wings at the sametime... That was real horror!!! Especially Tony Coca and Sniper being affraid of HOT wings!!!!

Jesse321
10-22-2004, 02:08 PM
Boy you can tell it's friday around here. :laugh:

galactus
10-22-2004, 02:12 PM
Boy you can tell it's friday around here. :laugh:

Seems like every other day to me. Which, of course, is not a good thing :sly2:

madjazz
10-22-2004, 02:28 PM
I had just received a FS Human Torch that I had won on E-Bay. It was the last piece I needed to complete my FS FF collection. I had it in my hand and was turning toward the display case and the finger brushed by a box and fractured. It is hard to notice, but I know it is there. I need to replace it at somepoint down the road.

Car50n
10-22-2004, 02:29 PM
everytime i visit one LCS in particular, whenever i ask about reserving upcoming bowens, i have to hear them rant and rave and pat themselves in the back about their great Statue Club that doesn't charge shipping. how i'm gonna have to wait for the fantastic club members to get theirs first, before i can get one, unless i join there great statue club that doesn't charge shipping.

i wonder what kind of reaction they would give if i told them i was a retailer with a diamond account and get a much better discount than their $#!tty club. man that guy 's arrogant.

other than that, my sister knocked down my punisher mini statue and broke a tiny piece from front of the gun. i broke the finger off CatGirl on DK StrikesAgain statue not too bad, except that i looked for the finger for about an hour and couldn't find it. oh yeah, 2 of Sue Storms fingers are missing, barely noticable, but i can't for the life of me remember when it happened, if i did it, or if i got it that way.

Tao
10-22-2004, 02:29 PM
My 2 1/2 year old is now tall enough to grab the bottom shevles of my display. How did that happen?!?!? What are we feeding that kid that he is so tall

Gladiator Max
10-22-2004, 02:50 PM
I have the X-Men Mini-Statues on the bottom shelf of my display case. My 2 1/2 year old likes name off all the characters whenever I open it up and he is in the room. He is very careful and touches each one and says their name after I do. Last time he touched Wolverines claws and one of them bent and is barely hanging on. I am afraid to touch it. :bawling:

bomen
10-22-2004, 02:52 PM
... i broke the finger off CatGirl on DK StrikesAgain statue not too bad, except that i looked for the finger for about an hour and couldn't find it. oh yeah, 2 of Sue Storms fingers are missing, ..

I think I fingered out a pattern of breakage here...

Sorry. I know. In 3rd world countries, I'd be taken out and shot right now. And rightly so.

I LOVE America!

madjazz
10-22-2004, 02:55 PM
oh yeah, 2 of Sue Storms fingers are missing, barely noticable, but i can't for the life of me remember when it happened, if i did it, or if i got it that way.

And where exactly did two of Sue Storm's fingers disappear to? Were they left in the box?

Oh. That really doesn't read right, does it?!?!

Ray Villafane
10-22-2004, 03:07 PM
two horror stories with Magneto....1st on my way to work I set the sculpture on the passenger seat. Usually its the job of which ever kid sits up front to hold my sculptures on my way to work. Yeah I know I should be teaching at work , not sculpting, but what better way to learn than to watch. Anyway my son, not thinking, sits on it and snaps the legs clear off! I was pissed . At least an hour to reattach. A few days later my youngest(1yr. old) throws something at my desk which causes a cardboard reference sheet to fall which in turn sends Magneto toppling. Head rolls off and both wrists crack and a big dent in his chest.....maybe we should assign that little spaghetti eater to the x-men. Even look at his last frame in that animation, sorta looks like he has Magnetos power. Oh yeah...I did modify the pose quite a bit and one might think I used this as reference....hint,hint

Kdawg59
10-22-2004, 03:10 PM
two horror stories with Magneto....1st on my way to work I set the sculpture on the passenger seat. Usually it the job of which ever kid sits up front to hold my sculptures on my way to work. Yeah I know should be teaching at work , not sculpting, but what better way to learn than watch. Anyway my son, not thinking, sits on it and snaps the legs clear off! I was pissed . At least an hour to reattach. A feew or so later my youngest(1yr. old) throws something at my desk which causes a cardboard reference sheet to fall which in turn sends Magneto toppling. Head rolls off and both wrists crack and a big dent in his chest.....maybe we should assign that little spaghetti eater to the x-men.

Ha I love this story... 1 year old mini Villafane does what X-Men haven't been able to do for like 40+ years... "topple the master of magnetism"

Zurbaran1
10-22-2004, 03:15 PM
two horror stories with Magneto....1st on my way to work I set the sculpture on the passenger seat. Usually its the job of which ever kid sits up front to hold my sculptures on my way to work. Yeah I know I should be teaching at work , not sculpting, but what better way to learn than to watch. Anyway my son, not thinking, sits on it and snaps the legs clear off! I was pissed . At least an hour to reattach. A few days later my youngest(1yr. old) throws something at my desk which causes a cardboard reference sheet to fall which in turn sends Magneto toppling. Head rolls off and both wrists crack and a big dent in his chest.....maybe we should assign that little spaghetti eater to the x-men. Even look at his last frame in that animation, sorta looks like he has Magnetos power. Oh yeah...I did modify the pose quite a bit and one might think I used this as reference....hint,hint

Ya ain't so tough after all, are you Magneto?

grendelscott
10-22-2004, 03:27 PM
Oh yeah...I did modify the pose quite a bit and one might think I used this as reference....hint,hint

Oooooo, am I the only one that read this?

DFury
10-22-2004, 03:32 PM
grendelscott

Nope.

rd

Captain Britain
10-22-2004, 03:40 PM
My only horror story so far is that my Colossus bust toppled backwards onto my shelf and red paint chipped off his shoulder blade and a bit of black chipped off his head,

However, reading the old Bowen forum i found that colossus is a culprit for chipping as he appears to have been chromed all over first and then the other colours (colors) were added.

abarron
10-22-2004, 03:42 PM
New pose sould look great

mwf6171
10-22-2004, 04:31 PM
My only near horror story was when my 6yr old tried to pull my Iron Fist out of the box by the straps of his head piece.....does that make sense...........the other time he tried to "play" swords with my Zorro bust...........and I wonder why my hair is turning gray and falling out.......................

Daredevil
10-22-2004, 04:41 PM
My only near horror story was when my 6yr old tried to pull my Iron Fist out of the box by the straps of his head piece.....does that make sense...........the other time he tried to "play" swords with my Zorro bust...........and I wonder why my hair is turning gray and falling out.......................

That is why you keep your busts in a locked room!!

OneOne78
10-22-2004, 04:45 PM
My two year old managed to get his hand on my It-Girl bust. Needless to say she now looks like the Sphinx. Maybe I should send her over to the Confessor for a nose job.

furie
10-22-2004, 05:22 PM
I have one. My wife was cleaning our statue cabinet and by accident she knocked over my prized antman bust. Both antennas snapped off. I didn't find out until I got home from the local strip joint, around 2:30am. As I walked into my office to take a quick peek at DirtyLatinMaids.com, I noticed AnyMan's antennas had been poorly glued back on. I freaked out and woke up the entire house. (I was piss drunk on Vodka and Redbulls.) Now, JAWBONE, my 85lb English Bulldog, got so scared of my rage, he ran and hid under the statue cabinet knocking over IronFist and Black Panther, shattering them both.

Then, a week later we had a big earthquake and my SilverSurfer bust smashed along w/ my big deathdealer statue.

Them, Two weeks later we had an electrical fire and my IronMan, Captain America were burnt beyond recognition.

Nuff Said.

Daredevil
10-22-2004, 05:27 PM
Maybe your wife was trying to get back at you for going to a strip joint... ever thought of that?

madjazz
10-22-2004, 05:56 PM
furie - if this is a competition, you may be the winner, although Villafane is giving you a run for your money!

Daredevil
10-22-2004, 06:00 PM

So your little one has Gambit-like powers, eh? How neat!

I can't wait to see the next update/preview of your Magneto statue

DD

rychehitman
10-22-2004, 06:31 PM
Would paying retial for Bucky count as a horror story?

abarron
10-22-2004, 06:45 PM
You people are cruel but i would agree with rychehitman cos bucky is going for £35 here in the uk thats $64 i saw Galactus mini bust for £55 in my LCS which is $100

Crazy

furie
10-22-2004, 06:49 PM
No. I met her at a strip joint back in the day. Just a topless place.

Sniper
10-22-2004, 11:41 PM
u have insurance i hope???

furie
10-25-2004, 11:36 AM
Oops, I did it again! I was having crazy monkey butt love with my best lady when she clenched up and slammed into my table knocking over my Ghost Rider bust breaking it.

Man, I have bad luck in the bust department.

Zurbaran1
10-25-2004, 11:43 AM
perhaps this would have been better off left unposted

furie
10-25-2004, 11:45 AM
Zurb - I thought I can tell you guys anything. Fine, next time I break a bust, I'll keep it to myself.

Kdawg59
10-25-2004, 11:47 AM
I'm pretty sure it wasn't the bust breaking he was getting at...

Collection King 13
10-25-2004, 11:57 AM
ummmmm.... OK..... I still think Zurb = Moodu! HAHA!

mwf6171
10-25-2004, 12:13 PM
Wow, furie, I don't think you were hugged enough as a child. Some of your posts are borderline funny, the rest are tacky. Tone it down a bit.

furie
10-25-2004, 01:14 PM
Tacky? Tacky? First off, my Uncles hugged me plenty. And secondly, Tacky is a lifestyle, man. But... okay.. I'll chill.

Sniper
10-25-2004, 01:20 PM
ooh someone needs therapy in a hurry

wktf
10-25-2004, 05:36 PM
I don't know what to make of these posts from furie...

sketch515
10-25-2004, 05:53 PM
here's a horror story for you...

i had all my busts and some of my medium statues on shelves in my room all displayed nice and proud. i had come back from my local comic shop with the new scarlet witch bust just taken it out of the box and placed it on the shelf. i turned to leave and just as i shut my bedroom door...

CRASH!!!!!!
the entire shelving unit came down destroying a couple snowglobes i had, my medium nightwing, harley quin statues, and my magneto, deadpool and other busts. i was absolutely speechless i couldn't do anything, i just froze. i 've spent years and hundreds of dollars trying to replace my once proud collection.

Bartman256
10-25-2004, 06:48 PM
I've NEVER diplayed my minis or statues to date. After reading these posts, I probably NEVER will!!!

EXITAR007
10-25-2004, 07:19 PM
I've NEVER diplayed my minis or statues to date. After reading these posts, I probably NEVER will!!!
before you display them you should really think about where and how you`re going to display them.I for one stay away from anything that has to be put on the wall my display cases are attached to the walls with fabric anchors and attached to the floor with metal L brackets.
whatever you do don`t overcrowd your display one little bump and :bawling: and for very fragile pieces like the thor mini bust I have a soft felt pad it sits on if the wings ever fly away they land on the pad and not on hard wood and glass or bounce around.

Mad4Busts
10-25-2004, 08:22 PM
I broke the finger off CatGirl on DK StrikesAgain statue not too bad, except that i looked for the finger for about an hour and couldn't find it.

hey Carson, You should just go ahead and break off that whole crappy Catgirl, and then you will have a good lookin statue :D :thumbs2:

Bartman256
10-25-2004, 08:56 PM
before you display them you should really think about where and how you`re going to display them.I for one stay away from anything that has to be put on the wall my display cases are attached to the walls with fabric anchors and attached to the floor with metal L brackets.
whatever you do don`t overcrowd your display one little bump and :bawling: and for very fragile pieces like the thor mini bust I have a soft felt pad it sits on if the wings ever fly away they land on the pad and not on hard wood and glass or bounce around.
Thanks again for the advise. I will definetely check out the Detolf at IKEA. I was lucky enough to score a Thor mini w/o the wings being glued. I'd hate to have to replace it because of a broken wing!

wktf
10-26-2004, 11:21 AM
sketch, that's horrible. I have my full size statues on built-in book shelving so I'm hoping I never experience what you did. Every collector's nightmare.

Hotshot
10-19-2005, 05:00 AM
I was taking my comics out to read. The next thing i knew the comic hit my mini-phoenix statue lying beside my reading table and ended with a broken arm. It got me so agitated that I decided to buy the full size statue since I passed it up the other time. I owned the FS dark phoenix but somehow I do not feel complete without the green one so it sort of provide me the excuse to buy the FS. The Full size statue looks 100 times better than the mini and I got it at a bargain of only US$134. Was I glad that I broke the mini statue.

Batwing
10-19-2005, 05:18 AM

True horror story. I was so worried about my modern Captain America statue getting damaged that I had it in storage for years. To be on the safe side I even put a sheet of protective foam that eventually disintegrated and the residue discoloured the white star on Cap's uniform.

True story.

I hear styrofoam has the same effect of breaking down and the residue messes up your statue.

to me my board!
10-19-2005, 05:44 AM
I took my Thor change o head out of its box for the second time to have a look at the statue in all its glory - I was always slightly nervous about taking it out of the box from the first time when I nearly dropped it, but plucking up the courage I opened it once again.

As I was changing the heads the bearded one dropped onto the floor as my hand was slightly shaking - I froze in horror as I watched the wings shatter into pieces - I guess it was never meant to be with me and the change o head Thor....

Batwing
10-19-2005, 05:52 AM
I took my Thor change o head out of its box for the second time to have a look at the statue in all its glory - I was always slightly nervous about taking it out of the box from the first time when I nearly dropped it, but plucking up the courage I opened it once again.

As I was changing the heads the bearded one dropped onto the floor as my hand was slightly shaking - I froze in horror as I watched the wings shatter into pieces - I guess it was never meant to be with me and the change o head Thor....

Don't feel so bad--the clean shaven one is much better!

to me my board!
10-19-2005, 06:00 AM
Don't feel so bad--the clean shaven one is much better!

:laugh:

Batwing
10-19-2005, 06:09 AM
Not mine. :eplus2:

"Santa, it's not quite show time yet!" :laugh:

to me my board!
10-19-2005, 06:12 AM
Ohh you lot are so cruel! :)

to me my board!
10-19-2005, 06:20 AM
If it makes you feel any better, I also have a Thor COH with a broken bearded head which I only display with the clean shaven head.

same here - I might sell it though and shell (no pun to your avatar) out for the original.

Batwing
10-19-2005, 06:23 AM
Ohh you lot are so cruel! :)

"Ain't I a stinker?" -- Bugs Bunny

I know, I can be a sarcastic SOB, and that's one of my endearing traits.

GambitX266
10-19-2005, 07:38 AM
I was rearranging my statues, and had DR. Doom FS in his styrofoam package. I set the package on top of the box, the box tipped over, and DR. Doom hit his head on a bookshelf, breaking the front tip of his hood off. It broke into 7 small pieces, which I tried to glue back on. I was pretty successfull, just need a little touch up paint. I get this gut wrenching feeling every time I look at it.

ickwinzs
10-19-2005, 09:21 AM
How about this one about a year ago when the nightcrawler mini statue came out, I had just open it up and put it on the shelf with all the other X-men mini statues(variants inclduded) I bumped the shelf somehow and the shelf slide off the hook on one end and every statue fell on the floor and broke into abot 50 tini pieces each. that is my horror story.

Sniper
10-19-2005, 11:07 AM
wow if anyone has a broken thor a beta ray may be an excellent choice for a custom

farrisvt
10-19-2005, 12:10 PM
I got one. While working around the shelf my mini-busts are on I knocked over my clear ice man bust and he broke right on top of the base. Well I used some cheap clear glue to hold it and never thought about it again. My daughter, who was 8 at the time, bumped it and the top fell off. She thought she did it. My wife told her that they could just glue it and that I would never know. My daughter while crying said that she could not lie about it and wanted to tell me. What a kid. She was very relieved to hear that I had actually broke it and I was very proud of her for wanting to do the right thing.
In the end I love these things, but hey they are just things and can be replaced.

Grumpy
10-19-2005, 12:18 PM
Only one horror story thus far . . . I was dusting my busts and statues before placing them back in their boxes until I can renovate my office which will include a large display cabinet. As I was carefully dusting my Nightcrawler bust something got caught on something pointy and I literally pulled the bust out of my hand and it dropped to the floor smashing into a number of pieces. I thought he could teleport!

Wolverine1
10-19-2005, 01:17 PM
My only Bowen breakage story was receiving the Taskmaster mini-bust. Carefully removed the bust from the foam insert just to have it get bumped off the table within six seconds of taking it out of the box. Small crack along one shoulder and cape. Lived with it for a while but got it replaced recently.

I have worse luck with my non-Bowen pieces. Wolverines to be specific. I wonder if it is bad karma from my abuse of Wolverine1.
That is the reason!

Achiever
10-19-2005, 02:29 PM
Only two stories (knock on resin)...

Dusting the Hulk mini on the head and I snapped a little of the hair. What was cool tho, is it stayed on because of the metal wiring inside the resin. All I had to do is bend the piece of hair slightly back and superglue it a tad.

I also chipped a slight chunk out of the ear of Deadpool bust's hamburger head. I debated whether to repair it for years because it looked cooler with the chip in it (it looked like it was supposed to be like that). But I caved and repaired it this year.

Das Brutah
10-19-2005, 03:14 PM
While I was away on business my assistant decided to clean my office. She moved the DD red and DD yellow FS and cleaned the shelves these were on. Thinking that the other statues I had were also one solid piece she pick up the Dr. Doom FS and in the process of moving it the base became detached from Doom and fell to the floor. A piece of the castle block structure broke off. It glued back on fine and with a little touch up paint it is near impossible to tell. I collect these because I enjoy the workmanship and detail (and because I am a comic geek at heart....). The piece that broke off was in the back anyway of the piece. Sure I know, but it's not like I am going to sell them anyway. :) She felt really bad (let's just say her next performance review was less than stellar... just kidding).... she offered to replace the piece but I declined.

mwf6171
10-19-2005, 04:41 PM
True horror story. I was so worried about my modern Captain America statue getting damaged that I had it in storage for years. To be on the safe side I even put a sheet of protective foam that eventually disintegrated and the residue discoloured the white star on Cap's uniform.

True story.

I hear styrofoam has the same effect of breaking down and the residue messes up your statue.

Batwing, you will never be happy with that statue.........send it to me immediately, you will feel better!!! :eplus2: :laugh:

wizard-comics
10-19-2005, 04:54 PM
hmmm.........When I was living in Georgia, I had all my busts Dispalyed on a wall shelves in my apartment in the spare room ....anywho...the apartment managers were repairing all the patio fenceing on my building and were outside with hammers knocking the old fence off the outside wall...well needless to say the effect was felt inside on the wall and I lost about 10 bust that decided to commit sucide by jumping off there perspective shelves....

the overall damage could of been a lot worse..manily affected my Spider-man Bust shelves....lost Kraven, Green Goblin, Mysterio, Rhino, all three of the Venom triple pack, Doc Ock, Spider-Man/Peter Paker bust, Spider-Man Bust.........sniff........the rest of my Bowen busts made it through, although I also lost my DF Full size Green Goblin Head, and DF Full size Spider-man Head, that hurt......ya can't even find the DF Goblin for sale anymore (anyone know where I can get that at a good price?)....................I can still remember my daughter (who was visiting for the summer) running out and screaming "YOUR HEADS ARE FALLING.......YOUR HEADS ARE FALLING......"

oh and one time I mailed a Bowen Thor Statue to France and the retarted monkeys that Fance employes for mail/customs totally destroyed the Statue....I could totally feel that guys pain that received the statue...poor bastard

my real pain involved a SideShow statue though...still waiting for that to get resolved though....any word Danny?

Statuesque Fellow
10-19-2005, 04:59 PM
We had an earthquake a few years back that woke me up one morning when I was in bed. After it was over I ran downstairs to check on my Thing statue which was perched on top of a bookshelf. It was fine, had not budged an inch. Only thing that happened was a stack of magazines tipped over :)

Jesse321
10-19-2005, 05:08 PM
My worst horror story just happened a week or so ago.

While I was building my new shelves I started taking out my old ones ... I didn't notice that I forgot to take my Bowen/Graffetti Wall Hanging Spiderman statue off the wall. I bumped it, it hit the floor and exploded into 100 pieces! :banghead:

wizard-comics
10-19-2005, 05:10 PM

While I was building my new shelves I started taking out my old ones ... I didn't notice that I forgot to take my Bowen/Graffetti Wall Hanging Spiderman statue off the wall. I bumped it, it hit the floor and exploded into 100 pieces! :banghead:

ouch.....

Jesse321
10-19-2005, 05:11 PM
ouch.....Tell me about it, and that's one of the hardest statues to get too!

If anyone has a line on one, please let me know, it really was one of my favorites.

wizard-comics
10-19-2005, 05:14 PM
.............If anyone has a line on one, please let me know, it really was one of my favorites.

dito if anyone knows or has a handle on the DF 1:1 Goblin bust let me know as well! that thing is so wicked evil!

Iacon13
10-19-2005, 05:47 PM
My cat jumped up on my shelf and knocked My full size Thor to the ground. A huge dent was put in the floor including red paint from the cape that became stuck to the floor I could never get out. I did not realize cats have expressions but his was one of disbelief and fear. I wish I could have got a picture of that moment. Anyways I had a buddy who had an extra he sold to me for $150.00 because he felt bad. He took the broken one and said he would repair it. I have not seen it since. The cat continues to live with us. I have wisened up since then and keep all statues behind a glass case to avoid this brutality to my senses in the future.

Dj-B13
10-19-2005, 06:23 PM

Oh man.......... :bawling:

GerryT
10-19-2005, 06:33 PM
when moving house 3 years ago, a friend of mine offered to take care of Bowend Hellboy for me.It was easier than putting it in storage.
Hes a great guy, looked after it well, till his 4 year old son somehow got a hold of it and snapped Hellboys tail off, and a bit from his coat.
sigh.

Jesse321
10-19-2005, 11:36 PM
YES !!!

Big Thanks to Wizard Comics, thanks to him I just replaced my wall hanging Spider-Man statue!!! :buttrock:

Tony Coca
10-19-2005, 11:39 PM
when moving house 3 years ago, a friend of mine offered to take care of Bowend Hellboy for me.It was easier than putting it in storage.
Hes a great guy, looked after it well, till his 4 year old son somehow got a hold of it and snapped Hellboys tail off, and a bit from his coat.
sigh.
So did you take the kid out back and beat him with a 2x4.lol :laugh:

spiderman2224
10-19-2005, 11:46 PM
hi i have one on ebay now

Tony Coca
10-19-2005, 11:47 PM
hi i have one on ebay now
where's the link to it.

Jesse321
10-19-2005, 11:48 PM
hi i have one on ebay nowIf your talking about the Spider-Man wall hanging statue ... no you don't, I just bought it. :eplus2:

skorpsta
12-21-2008, 02:16 AM
I had just received a FS Human Torch that I had won on E-Bay. It was the last piece I needed to complete my FS FF collection. I had it in my hand and was turning toward the display case and the finger brushed by a box and fractured. It is hard to notice, but I know it is there. I need to replace it at somepoint down the road.

if its not noticable, and your not gonna sell it just keep it. they are pricey for another and why spend the money to fix it.....because in 2009 there are alot of hot new bowen statues coming out so put your cash towards that.

Jesse321
12-21-2008, 02:24 AM
Um skorpsta ... this thread is like ... 3 years old ...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/Jesse321/Smilies/wtf.jpg

oddball
12-21-2008, 02:27 AM
I can top that... I was with Galactus, Zurb, Tony Coca, & Sniper and I had to watch them eat chicken wings at the sametime... That was real horror!!! Especially Tony Coca and Sniper being affraid of HOT wings!!!!

i thought you were going to say the real horror came afterward in the stall when the tp ran out. :puke2:

whd
12-21-2008, 02:27 AM
Um skorpsta ... this thread is like ... 3 years old ...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/Jesse321/Smilies/wtf.jpg

That cat cracks me up everytime! :laugh:

GN-Stunley
12-21-2008, 06:17 AM
I've seen a few mentions here about chipping, outright dropping, etc. a Bowen bust or FS. What's your worst Bowen Horror Story as such?

Mine follows, but I've been lucky.....

My younger son, then 12, was helping me dust busts, using a soft paintbrush, was always very gentle and conscious of their delicateness. so however he did it, he picked up Cyclops and went to brush side of the head...the brush metal band surrounding bristles tapped side of the visor and (what i think now) a defective slight (bubble) of gold paint flecked off...size of a pin's flathead..like 1/16" across..definitely enough to see. My son was absolutely mortified.....all eyes from the neck up. and tearing up to say the least.

No bad ending here, kept it in perspective, touched Cyke's up and he still helps me to this day. A good kid in spite of his abusive bust nature! :D

Ok. Somebody raise the Horror Level...

Almost the exact same thing, my son loves my collection and I often let him help me and he is always very very careful. One day though he was gently brushing my Kingpin bust and the diamond in his ring just fell out. My son just welled up and was crying and saying sorry he was totally mortified, it wasn't a big deal a bit of super glue and he was good as new.

risingstar
12-21-2008, 07:26 AM

HA, beat that!!!!!

Seeing them do that naked??