PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question about League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

abarron
01-17-2006, 07:39 PM
I am after buying a hardcover version of Alan Moore's League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and was thinking about getting the absolute edition.

But was wondering does this contain both series is a big slipcase thing with 2 books in it but i have seen similar things that only have the 1st series in and a book with the scripts and sketches

Do i have to get 2 seperate hadbacks to get both series or is there a set in a slipcase or summat??

Teague
01-17-2006, 07:41 PM
So far as I know, you have to buy 2 slipcase sets to get both storylines. Each storyline has a separate "bonus materials" book that goes along with it.

It's too bad--I'd much rather have both series together, and less "bonus" stuff, which for a series like this seems like a lot of filler, IMHO.

bane
01-17-2006, 09:06 PM
Not a recommended book the slipcased one unless you're a real fan , the bonus material is a bunch of written script , opened it at my LCS ,glad I got the two smaller versions , great stories though.

Teague
01-17-2006, 09:19 PM
Not a recommended book the slipcased one unless you're a real fan , the bonus material is a bunch of written script , opened it at my LCS ,glad I got the two smaller versions , great stories though.

Yeah, I passed on the Absolute LoEG II myself. The first one I could see, even with what's to me a fairly useless companion volume.

I think the problem was that they rushed this to Absolute format before they actually had enough content to justify it. Too bad, because it would be a great Absolute now, both stories together.

Of course, I heard rumors of a third mini-series, so maybe when there are three, they could do it again...

wktf
01-17-2006, 10:42 PM
I've got the two volumes in tpb form and that's enought for me.