PDA

View Full Version : GG loves c-3po

sith lord utinni!
01-19-2006, 03:26 AM
You know I was thinking alittle today after seeing the salacious bust(statue) that somebody at GG really loves c-3po. I mean think about it, even if the product isn't a c-3po bust or statue then 3po somehow is managing to sneak his way into the sculpt. This new salacious bust(statue) features 3po's head, the chewbacca statue has 3po in a net on chewie's back, there is a 3po gold bust, 3po chromed bust, 3po aotc silver bust, 3po statue. Somebody over at GG really loves ol' goldenrod! :laugh:

Synergy
01-19-2006, 03:41 AM
you may just be on to something there or your just thinking to hard

metalsquid
01-19-2006, 03:42 AM
not to mention the oil-bathing C-3P0 bust-up

sith lord utinni!
01-19-2006, 05:11 AM
Oh crap, I just though of another one!!! The sandtrooper on dewback diorama statue has c-3po's footprints in the sand :laugh: ! I know that one is strectching it a bit as 3po is not in physical form but still, they give a nod to him with the footprints :laugh: . So out of 5 GG full size statues made thus far 3 of them have a connection to ol' goldenrod.

x-mart
01-19-2006, 08:54 AM
And highly possible upcoming C-3PO clone wars, and uber golden EP3 bust version..oh and another possible "friends forever" R2-D2 with C-3PO statue..and maybe some more bust-ups for icing on the cake :D

x-mart
01-19-2006, 08:56 AM
Oh let's not forget..if they ever do Ugnauths related statue/bust I'm sure it'll feature something C-3po in it ;)

Jerseydevil
01-19-2006, 09:34 AM
Somebody over at GG really loves ol' goldenrod! :laugh:
Goldenrod? I've never heard that. Now that's too funny.
Oh crap, I just though of another one!!! The sandtrooper on dewback diorama statue has c-3po's footprints in the sand :laugh: ! I know that one is strectching it a bit as 3po is not in physical form but still, they give a nod to him with the footprints :laugh: .
I don't think that's a stretch at all. Good observation. Personally, I've always like R2 instead.

Jamesways
01-19-2006, 11:18 AM
:laugh: Maybe Anthony Daniels is an investor in the company...

Zurbaran1
01-19-2006, 11:22 AM
Goldenrod? I've never heard that. Now that's too funny.

Jersey, shame on you. Han Solo called him that, in ESB: "Hurry up, goldenrod, or you're gonna be a permanent resident!"

Jerseydevil
01-19-2006, 12:11 PM
Jersey, shame on you. Han Solo called him that, in ESB: "Hurry up, goldenrod, or you're gonna be a permanent resident!"
Honestly, I probably have no business commenting on most of these sculpts. It really amazes that people know these movies so well. And besides that, the fact that forum members can distinguish the minute costume differences between, say, Vader in ESB and vader in ROTJ (or whatever) also astounds me. Even with the Marvel stuff, I recall that recently Tetra made some comment about Ironman's epaulettes. Really. His epaulettes! Wow!

Me, I'm just a sucker for a nice sculpt.

sith lord utinni!
01-19-2006, 05:13 PM
There is another......the white pauldron sandtrooper bust has 3po's droid ring thing. 3po is worshiped by the ewoks and GG :laugh: !

Collection King 13
01-19-2006, 05:16 PM
:laugh:

nbr3bagshotrow
01-19-2006, 05:22 PM
Honestly, I probably have no business commenting on most of these sculpts. It really amazes that people know these movies so well. And besides that, the fact that forum members can distinguish the minute costume differences between, say, Vader in ESB and vader in ROTJ (or whatever) also astounds me. Even with the Marvel stuff, I recall that recently Tetra made some comment about Ironman's epaulettes. Really. His epaulettes! Wow!

Me, I'm just a sucker for a nice sculpt.
Same way in the Bowen section. Quite amazing I agree.

kirthew
01-19-2006, 05:33 PM
Same way in the Bowen section. Quite amazing I agree.

#3 that is the second disparaging remark you have made towards the Bowen section in the last few days... do you dislike the Bowen section... did it do something to step on your hobbit toes?

Xeno
01-19-2006, 05:40 PM
I read Jerseydevil's post and had to laugh.. I feel exacty the same way. Those hardcore fans are just too damn crazy sometimes!! :laugh:

nexus
01-20-2006, 12:45 AM
I noticed that too. I'm sick of C3P0 showing up everywhere. Actually, we don't display him with Chewy.

joy_division
01-21-2006, 01:25 PM
I passed on the chrome version.

I actually prefer the AOTC version to the OT version

ATATDRIVER
01-22-2006, 03:52 PM
I believe all statues can be linked to 3-PO , just like all movies can be linked to Kevin Bacon.

MONSTER
01-22-2006, 03:58 PM
#3 that is the second disparaging remark you have made towards the Bowen section in the last few days... do you dislike the Bowen section... did it do something to step on your hobbit toes?

I can't speak for #3 but I can mention a few things that bother me about a few people in the Bowen section:

1: If its not Bowen it sucks.

2. Everything Bowen releases is perfect

3. Its usually just an ass kissing fest

4. Some on that forum actually think this forum is Bowen Designs and not Statueforum.

5. The lack of support for comicstatues.com from that section

Now I collect Bowen Designs products and love them. I just think that alot of people on that part of the forum get a little ridiculous in their worship of all things Bowen

Tattoo-S
01-22-2006, 04:00 PM
I believe all statues can be linked to 3-PO Uhmm not even...
just like all movies can be linked to Kevin Bacon.
All actors (theoretically) not movies. And this can be good entertainment some days. Personally I feel that every crappy movie can be linked to KB. Does that count. LOL :o

MONSTER
01-22-2006, 04:02 PM
Uhmm not even...

The truth is out there...... :peoples: :)

Tattoo-S
01-22-2006, 04:08 PM
The truth is out there...... :peoples: :)
:) Apparently you know me pretty well :rolleyes2

MONSTER
01-22-2006, 04:25 PM
:) Apparently you know me pretty well :rolleyes2

Scary huh? :)

Haste05
01-22-2006, 04:48 PM
I agree with Monster about the Bowen section

Tattoo-S
01-22-2006, 04:49 PM
Scary huh? :)
Uber scary........But strangely exciting. LOL :rolleyes2

ATATDRIVER
01-23-2006, 03:03 AM
I was only kidding Tattoo. But, you know what I meant.

Tattoo-S
01-23-2006, 03:25 AM
I was only kidding Tattoo. But, you know what I meant.
Yeah, I think I did....it's all good. ;)