PDA

View Full Version : Our new millionaire friend!!!

C1eaN
01-25-2006, 01:01 AM
Well, if one of our dear friends here has been exercising stock options at work there should be Predator Maquettes for all in celebration of the news :D

Confused....see HERE (http://money.cnn.com/2006/01/24/news/companies/disney_pixar_deal/?cnn=yes)

RichardW
01-25-2006, 01:06 AM
Yet another reason to hate the Mouse House. :banghead:

JSA
01-25-2006, 01:15 AM
LOL - Yes P1X4R - tell us what this will mean to you?! :buttrock: :buttrock:

JS :D

Primal
01-25-2006, 01:18 AM
I thought you were gonna say someone on the forum won the lottery. :laugh:
PMs galore. :eplus2:

SolidLiquidFox
01-25-2006, 01:22 AM
I was rooting for Pixar to go solo and do their own thing. I guess money talks.

P1X4R
01-25-2006, 02:37 AM
LOL.. no millionaire here. that's sjobs but i don't think he collects statues/busts/props like us! however, i did cash out a couple of weeks ago. actually, it was the night of the exclusive sideshow grey hulk! i was on my way to my parents to pick up my cashed stock check. i was happy to be picking up money but was really sad that i missed out on the exclusive. :laugh: anyway, i sold 2K pixr stocks at $57/share! that amounts to about 114K (before taxes) but in tax reality and what i was given at the strike price.. i ended up only getting $43K which is still pretty good. :)

yeah, i was hoping that we would go on our own with a different distributor but i have to believe that this is for the best. we'll see..

Wooktroop
01-25-2006, 02:40 AM
congrats p1x
i think its pretty cool
i wonder what kinda disney perks youll get
like free vacations and tickets

P1X4R
01-25-2006, 02:43 AM
congrats p1x
i think its pretty cool
i wonder what kinda disney perks youll get
like free vacations and tickets

hehe.. that was one of the questions an employee asked Steve and Bob Iger. Silver passes. just give me more stocks! :)

C1eaN
01-25-2006, 03:25 AM
Congratz bro......glad to hear that Jobs negotiated to keep you guys intact and in SF at least.....

joy_division
01-25-2006, 01:04 PM
I would've liked it if pxar had remained solo

Tattoo-S
01-25-2006, 01:13 PM
I would've liked it if pxar had remained solo
Well there is no doubt they cleaned up and could make it on their own, check out the intake on "Finding Nemo". Sweet........We all know it is always about the $$

C1eaN
01-25-2006, 01:58 PM
Keep in mind though, that Disney was more than just a name on the films. From what I understand they were the main creative force in the stoires and Pix was the genuis behind the animation. Now, if Pix had recruited some key people from Disney and ran with it I would have well been pleased.

Either way we should get a ton of new classics from them!!!

Saurons I
01-25-2006, 02:00 PM
Disney aren't dummies. They knew they couldn't compete in the 3D animation market with Pixar. If you can't beat 'em, buy 'em. :laugh: Now get on with Toy Story 3 already!

Sniper
01-25-2006, 02:20 PM
Disney aren't dummies. They knew they couldn't compete in the 3D animation market with Pixar. If you can't beat 'em, buy 'em. :laugh: !that's the american way! :inquisiti :eplus2:

elwood49
01-25-2006, 06:12 PM
Keep in mind though, that Disney was more than just a name on the films. From what I understand they were the main creative force in the stoires and Pix was the genuis behind the animation.

Nah, Pixar does all their writing in-house. John Lasseter and Andrew Stanton are the main creative forces behind the films, and both of those guys work for Pixar.

Lasseter has writing credit for Toy Story (interestingly along with Joss Whedon), Toy Story 2, A Bug's Life, and Cars.

Stanton wrote Toy Story, Toy Story 2, A Bug's Life, Monsters, Inc., and Finding Nemo.

One of the 2 has also directed every Pixar film so far, with the exception of The Incredibles which is a Brad Bird project (of Iron Giant fame).

Supposedly Disney was going forward with Toy Story 3 since they own the characters, so it will be interesting to see if Pixar gets involved with that now. I bet Pixar doesn't want to make Toy Story 3, since they only did Toy Story 2 so that the Disney-made direct to video version wouldn't suck. It was only picked up for theatrical release after people saw what a hit is was going to be.

Of course, the above is all going on information released to the public. I'm probably totally wrong, and P1X is chuckling to himself right now.

Anyway, congrats man! I hope the wealth is spread around. The last thing Steve Jobs needs is more money. :rolleyes2

Daredevil
01-25-2006, 06:48 PM
What do you do at the company>?

LOL.. no millionaire here. that's sjobs but i don't think he collects statues/busts/props like us! however, i did cash out a couple of weeks ago. actually, it was the night of the exclusive sideshow grey hulk! i was on my way to my parents to pick up my cashed stock check. i was happy to be picking up money but was really sad that i missed out on the exclusive. :laugh: anyway, i sold 2K pixr stocks at $57/share! that amounts to about 114K (before taxes) but in tax reality and what i was given at the strike price.. i ended up only getting $43K which is still pretty good. :)

yeah, i was hoping that we would go on our own with a different distributor but i have to believe that this is for the best. we'll see..

Primal
01-25-2006, 07:38 PM
i ended up only getting $43K which is still pretty good. :)ONLY?!?!? Can I be your friend :D

C1eaN
01-26-2006, 02:39 AM
Nah, Pixar does all their writing in-house. John Lasseter and Andrew Stanton are the main creative forces behind the films, and both of those guys work for Pixar.

Lasseter has writing credit for Toy Story (interestingly along with Joss Whedon), Toy Story 2, A Bug's Life, and Cars.

Stanton wrote Toy Story, Toy Story 2, A Bug's Life, Monsters, Inc., and Finding Nemo.

One of the 2 has also directed every Pixar film so far, with the exception of The Incredibles which is a Brad Bird project (of Iron Giant fame).

Supposedly Disney was going forward with Toy Story 3 since they own the characters, so it will be interesting to see if Pixar gets involved with that now. I bet Pixar doesn't want to make Toy Story 3, since they only did Toy Story 2 so that the Disney-made direct to video version wouldn't suck. It was only picked up for theatrical release after people saw what a hit is was going to be.

Of course, the above is all going on information released to the public. I'm probably totally wrong, and P1X is chuckling to himself right now.

Anyway, congrats man! I hope the wealth is spread around. The last thing Steve Jobs needs is more money. :rolleyes2

I stand corrected... :)

So WTH did Pixar need Disney?

sith lord utinni!
01-26-2006, 02:49 AM
Congrats on the money man! :buttrock:. Forgot to add that Pixar rocks :buttrock: !