PDA

View Full Version : Anybody heard of and/or played Ico for PS2?

WolverineX77
01-26-2006, 03:15 AM
My assistand manager told me about this game when I mentioned how badly I want to get Shadow Of The Colossus. He says it's by the same developers and is a really great game. I was wondering if anybody's heard of and/or played it and is it worth getting? I also noticed it is a RARE game, ESPECIALLY used. Help is much appreciated. :)

cblakey1
01-26-2006, 09:39 AM
My assistand manager told me about this game when I mentioned how badly I want to get Shadow Of The Colossus. He says it's by the same developers and is a really great game. I was wondering if anybody's heard of and/or played it and is it worth getting? I also noticed it is a RARE game, ESPECIALLY used. Help is much appreciated. :)

Yes it is an excellent game. Great story, gameplay, and excellent graphics! Definitely a must own.

I don't think it's very rare... at the very least, you should be able to get it on eBay.

Juggernaut
01-26-2006, 12:41 PM
The stoy is good and the graphics are very nice.

But the game is very slow paced. The controls are even more slow paced.

I did not complete the game because I did not like the controls in the game.

Ghost
01-26-2006, 10:07 PM
Very fun game, I think it was kewl, I just didn't have the time to finish when my friend took it back.

Virsago
01-26-2006, 11:12 PM
Great game, it definitely is a must-play game.

WolverineX77
01-28-2006, 03:27 AM
Wow, THANKS fellas! You've been very helpful as always. :buttrock:

mitchanator
02-02-2006, 01:33 AM
a really good game i finished it twice

JM28Cardiff
02-05-2006, 11:03 AM
Without exaggerating, I say this is the greatest game Ive ever played in 22 years of playing, it ascends beyond game into art. You have to guide a young girl caled Yorda to safety. At one point, I was stuck for ages. Yorda was making a few noises, but I ignored her and kept looking round. She made a noise again, I turned round, and she was pointing up to where I needed to go, so I was no longer stuck. Even though she was programmed to do it, and is only a collection of pixels, in that one second when I realised she was helping me, she was alive.......OK I did get carried away, but it is a great game!

Shadow of the Colossus is not out here till Feb 17th, they are re-releasing ICO as well.

Monkey
02-05-2006, 11:41 AM
I've heard of it but never played it sorry!

Monkey

WolverineX77
02-06-2006, 02:30 AM
Without exaggerating, I say this is the greatest game Ive ever played in 22 years of playing, it ascends beyond game into art. You have to guide a young girl caled Yorda to safety. At one point, I was stuck for ages. Yorda was making a few noises, but I ignored her and kept looking round. She made a noise again, I turned round, and she was pointing up to where I needed to go, so I was no longer stuck. Even though she was programmed to do it, and is only a collection of pixels, in that one second when I realised she was helping me, she was alive.......OK I did get carried away, but it is a great game!

Shadow of the Colossus is not out here till Feb 17th, they are re-releasing ICO as well.
Great story, JM! And thanks for the heads-up as well! Now I'll know when she makes noises it means she's helping! And are they only re-releasing it over there in England or here in the states as well?

JM28Cardiff
02-06-2006, 06:22 AM
Not sure, its being re-released the same day as Colossus over here I think. As Colossus has already come out in the states (?) then if Ico has not already been re-released, perhaps it not going to happen over there?

WolverineX77
02-10-2006, 01:57 AM
Yeah, SOTC was released around November '05. I hope it DOES get re-released (ICO). It's one of those RARE games for the PS2.

Hellboy
03-02-2006, 12:19 AM
A beautiful game and one of my all time favorite games. I just sold my PS2 but ICO along with The Mark of Kri were my two favorite original games developed for that system.